Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

On 11/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, owl sees all said:

Didn't I tell you guys; a comfortable victory. Forgotton about Man City and SS (SuperSpurs) already!

Nitpicking here, but we were not really arsed about the City game as the sending offer concluded that match.

Saturday was the first real run for the fab four together the season. They look good together and we are now getting our squad back to full strength.

We have also tweaked our style of play. Less exposed, more confident in our ability to breakdown eventually, rather than full tilt. 

Looking forward to Chelsea now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Nitpicking here, but we were not really arsed about the City game as the sending offer concluded that match.

Saturday was the first real run for the fab four together the season. They look good together and we are now getting our squad back to full strength.

We have also tweaked our style of play. Less exposed, more confident in our ability to breakdown eventually, rather than full tilt. 

Looking forward to Chelsea now.

Should be a heck of a battle as six clubs try to squeeze into the top 4. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and even Arsenal showing more fight and ability. Spurs obviously in the mix. Any dips in form from City could be punished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Find it a bit churlish the Chelsea boys don't want to admit how good Salah is...

Salah and KDB are lighting up the EPL, there is no denying that and there is no denying that any football fan would be daft not to admit that they would love to have those 2 players in there squad right now, including Chelsea, who actually did have them in there squad but did not persevere. 

Salah is a revelation, it's not just his goals and speed, but his ability to shield the ball, bring the ball down, passes in and around the box and eye for a run is brilliant, assists etc. And his understanding with Coutinho which we saw in preseason, is another massive attribute, we saw again for the second goal.

yeah i didn't know salah had goals like his first at the weekend in him. he's better than i expected him to be, which is great. him making the runs for coutinho's through balls and assists is going to be a continuing theme isn't it. got lallana to come back as another option yet too.

44 minutes ago, StevieH said:

yeah i didn't know salah had goals like his first at the weekend in him. he's better than i expected him to be, which is great. him making the runs for coutinho's through balls and assists is going to be a continuing theme isn't it. got lallana to come back as another option yet too.

Sat watching with a fellow Red on Saturday and that was the first thing I said on that first goal, did not expect it.

Thought we’d have seen Lallana on the bench for that match, interesting to see the team tonight, considering Saturday 

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Sat watching with a fellow Red on Saturday and that was the first thing I said on that first goal, did not expect it.

Thought we’d have seen Lallana on the bench for that match, interesting to see the team tonight, considering Saturday 

think we might see a few rested/rotated tonight. chelsea feels a more important match than sevilla away at this point.

bloody half midnight again the chelsea match at the weekend. 

23 minutes ago, StevieH said:

think we might see a few rested/rotated tonight. chelsea feels a more important match than sevilla away at this point.

bloody half midnight again the chelsea match at the weekend. 

Yeah the Ox for Mane - Studge for Firmino - some Milner and Can action in the middle, keep Hendo and Gini benched.

Chelsea is a much bigger game. I'd rather rest players tonight and hope for a draw or better, than full strength and lose to Chelsea. 

Hahaha it's 9.30 for me, and even that's bit late on a school night...

Edited by BangrakBob

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, I'm not getting that. Every team/manager has made an error of judgement in the past and sold a player(s) they later regretted and yet the Chelsea guys are convincing themselves that they were and still are, the right decisions. Confused as to the logic

gosh you are as thick as ten bricks ,we are in no way seconding the above, (convincing our selves)its happen but very good logic has been posted by Bat Muton as  to why ,go over to  C/SEA thread and show some balls and answer  Bat Muton    posts of today , in stead of sniping on another thread, 

Edited by evenstevens

59 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

gosh you are as thick as ten bricks ,we are in no way seconding the above, (convincing our selves)its happen but very good logic has been posted by Bat Muton as  to why ,go over to  C/SEA thread and show some balls and answer  Bat Muton    posts of today , in stead of sniping on another thread, 

No need for the name calling ES. I don't recall ever calling you names. I wasn't "sniping" I was responding to Bob's post, which is what you do on a forum.

We are all allowed our opinion and after Sanemax said Hazard was better than KdB, I responded (very politely) as to why because I would rather have KdB. Simples.

I may go and respond on the Chelsea thread but think it will be fruitless as you Chelsea supporters have decided Chelsea's strategy was right. There seems to be little point in attempting to debate the subject.

It seems Liverpool are very happy with Salah and Man City are ecstatic with KdB, so thanks for offloading Chelsea

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

No need for the name calling ES. I don't recall ever calling you names. I wasn't "sniping" I was responding to Bob's post, which is what you do on a forum.

We are all allowed our opinion and after Sanemax said Hazard was better than KdB, I responded (very politely) as to why because I would rather have KdB. Simples.

I may go and respond on the Chelsea thread but think it will be fruitless as you Chelsea supporters have decided Chelsea's strategy was right. There seems to be little point in attempting to debate the subject.

It seems Liverpool are very happy with Salah and Man City are ecstatic with KdB, so thanks for offloading Chelsea

i do. he's a bellend. most posters on here are sound but he's a whopper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I've tried to some it up this morning, probably to no avail.  

If you guys were to get drawn Real Madrid in the next round it will be very interesting because its clear City are well capable of knocking them out....or anyone else on current form.

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, I'm not getting that. Every team/manager has made an error of judgement in the past and sold a player(s) they later regretted and yet the Chelsea guys are convincing themselves that they were and still are, the right decisions. Confused as to the logic

now u have spun it from   Confused Logic to Chelsea,s Strategy   which one is it Mr B/j  please tell me, as two different answers in matter of hours

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

at last you have shown some sense, by  not responding to Blue Mutons  Post to debate,as it was exactly how it happen ,right to the last  word  ,and the post was watertight  for anyone to debate   it anyway     it  even stopped The Troll   in his tracks,  and again   how can  you call us C/sea boys  were   trying  to convincing ourselves  ,when we were only telling the facts  , the facts  Mr B/J  not opinions !!!!.

AND another  Clanger by you,   Mr B/J  , Salah  was off loaded to L/POOL  by Roma  and KDB  off loaded  to  M/city  by a club in the German League (the clubs name escapes me at this moment)    Not By C/sea   as you have posted above !!!!, Cobber   at least get your facts right ,

5 hours ago, StevieH said:

i do. he's a bellend. most posters on here are sound but he's a whopper.

Loserpool  Lip   , is thats the best you can do ,  its really childs play   so Fluff  Off

9 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

now u have spun it from   Confused Logic to Chelsea,s Strategy   which one is it Mr B/j  please tell me, as two different answers in matter of hours

at last you have shown some sense, by  not responding to Blue Mutons  Post to debate,as it was exactly how it happen ,right to the last  word  ,and the post was watertight  for anyone to debate   it anyway     it  even stopped The Troll   in his tracks,  and again   how can  you call us C/sea boys  were   trying  to convincing ourselves  ,when we were only telling the facts  , the facts  Mr B/J  not opinions !!!!.

AND another  Clanger by you,   Mr B/J  , Salah  was off loaded to L/POOL  by Roma  and KDB  off loaded  to  M/city  by a club in the German League (the clubs name escapes me at this moment)    Not By C/sea   as you have posted above !!!!, Cobber   at least get your facts right ,

Loserpool  Lip   , is thats the best you can do ,  its really childs play   so Fluff  Off

If you wish to dig a hole for yourself any deeper you'll need to hire a digger.  

Or any you trying to take on the mantle of the Chelsea threads pet chimp, whereby if someone chucks you a banana you promise to post something stupid?  :smile:

Edited by carmine

A draw before the game would of seemed a good result away to Sevilla but wow that was something else from us in the second half :angry: !

So much was right about our first half performance, the balance, the work rate, the tempo, the quality in attack but my god the individual defensive errors again but whats worse is just how easily we cracked under pressure... 

Did not expect us to go through last night as that's just not the smooth sailing we do in these comps. The coach of Sevilla apparently told his men he had cancer at half time. They have not lost in that ground in Europe for a very long time either so I'm happy to have a point.

Decent prequel to the main match....Kids beat Chelski's much vaunted youngsters 3-1 at their place. Wilson (2) & Woodburn with the goals      #welshwizards  

<18s beat Sunderland 2-1 last night. McAuley and Jones with the goals.

Rumours of changes up front for tonight!

Another disappointing draw, have to question the boss again in this one. Rotating the squad at home against the champions?

Continuing with Hendo when he is clearly out of form. 

It felt like we set out for a draw, it was a lifeless Liverpool in the first half.

Mane and Lallana brought on too late again.

Yes it was a fluke goal that got them a draw, but we need to be defending a lead for once. 

i don't know if you can fault Mignolet on the goal....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Another disappointing draw, have to question the boss again in this one. Rotating the squad at home against the champions?

Continuing with Hendo when he is clearly out of form. 

It felt like we set out for a draw, it was a lifeless Liverpool in the first half.

Mane and Lallana brought on too late again.

Yes it was a fluke goal that got them a draw, but we need to be defending a lead for once. 

i don't know if you can fault Mignolet on the goal....

I'd be very interested to hear why Mane spent most of the game on the bench, just seemed a huge mistake. In a game like this if he was fit to play he should have played.

• Like 2

As an unbiased neutral, I thought it was a dull first half and a cracking second. Draw was fair. The left backs were the 2 best players on the pitch, Salah and Hazard close behind. 

If I was a Liverpool fan I would prefer to have Milner at right back till Clyne is fit and play Gomes at centre back with Matip. Alexander-Arnold should be treated as a future CB too. Henderson won't pass the ball forward enough or quickly enough when he does. I'm not sure if this is a coaching issue or lack of confidence on his part. 

A congested fixture list necessitates rotation but I would have played Mane from the start. He has won games in the first half hour before.

2 hours ago, champers said:

As an unbiased neutral, I thought it was a dull first half and a cracking second. Draw was fair. The left backs were the 2 best players on the pitch, Salah and Hazard close behind. 

If I was a Liverpool fan I would prefer to have Milner at right back till Clyne is fit and play Gomes at centre back with Matip. Alexander-Arnold should be treated as a future CB too. Henderson won't pass the ball forward enough or quickly enough when he does. I'm not sure if this is a coaching issue or lack of confidence on his part. 

A congested fixture list necessitates rotation but I would have played Mane from the start. He has won games in the first half hour before.

I think you'll find TAA will be playing further up the pitch as he progresses.

I don't know how long Hendo has been with us now, and I'm still not sure about him. When I saw him and Milner in the middle yesterday it was did not inspire, you just knew we would not be charging at them.

Maybe because there is a lack leadership across the group it exasperates Hendo's short comings as a captain, but as a player too,  i'm not sure he's good enough. I also think we play better football without him. 

• Like 1

I guess we will be expecting further rotation tonight with a trip to Brighton on Saturday, 

Migs 

Gomez - Matip Klavan - Robertson

Gini - Can - Coutinho - Oxlade

Salah - Firmino 

Worked against West Ham

Then bring in Lallana for Coutinho - and go back to front 3 with Mane - Oxlade and Firmino for Brighton. 

Everyone gets a rest and 6 points in the bin and ready for CL Qualification and 3 points against the Blue <deleted> at home...back on track!