Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Danny Ward rumoured to miss tonight's game at Blackburn. In talks with Leicester. Roma (and Chelsea?) after Schmeichel. #merrygoround

Is Harry Potter's mate still there? Last seen giving Karius a shoulder to cry on in Kiev. Empathy or what?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, champers said:

Is Harry Potter's mate still there? Last seen giving Karius a shoulder to cry on in Kiev. Empathy or what?

Gone to Hibs on loan, and that should be the end of his contract.

Ward and Mignolet will go too, should get 30M for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Gone to Hibs on loan, and that should be the end of his contract.

Ward and Mignolet will go too, should get 30M for them. 

Neil Lennon is Hibs manager; he knows Bogdan from when they were both at Bolton. A pair of ginger nuts.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Neil Lennon is Hibs manager; he knows Bogdan from when they were both at Bolton. A pair of ginger nuts.

Yeah he was there for some time wasn't he...3 years with LFC and only 2 appearances I believe. Brenda said he'd be Number 1. 

Jurgen Klopp after the Pogba transfer in 2016: 

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players, yes. Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I WANT to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I COULD spend that money."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah he was there for some time wasn't he...3 years with LFC and only 2 appearances I believe. Brenda said he'd be Number 1. 

He wasn't 1st choice at Bolton when he left though I suspect that had something to do with avoiding paying him a bonus based on appearances. Played a blinder in the FA Cup for Bolton at Anfield. 0-0.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players, yes. Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I WANT to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I COULD spend that money."

To be fair, he did try....probably more than he should have!

2 hours ago, wilai said:

To be fair, he did try....probably more than he should have!

£8m quid for andy robertson is the best deal any manager of a top side has done in quite a while I think. but it is nice to see him actually being backed now by owners i've always distrusted. maybe they finally realise what they've got and have begun to, spit, maximize their asset.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

pogba would be amazing in a klopp team. given freedom to attack and be himself. mourinho will probably play him wingback next season. your manager's a bellend mate.

42 minutes ago, StevieH said:

pogba would be amazing in a klopp team. given freedom to attack and be himself. mourinho will probably play him wingback next season. your manager's a bellend mate.

I think one of the reasons he was good in the WC was that he was happy to be an important cog in the machine, rather than trying to steal the show and make wrong decisions, which he did at times last season.

Also having Kante next to him helped... I think he'd be best at Chelsea in all honesty! 

32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I think one of the reasons he was good in the WC was that he was happy to be an important cog in the machine, rather than trying to steal the show and make wrong decisions, which he did at times last season.

Also having Kante next to him helped... I think he'd be best at Chelsea in all honesty! 

or was coached to play as he did in the team setup by deschamps who recognizes his abilities. helps having kante either side of you of course, and matuidi there too. united could do the same but jose will, hopefully, continue to make him play with the brakes on.

^^ Deschamps and Jose are similar coaches though IMO. Did you see how France killed a few of those WC games once they had gone ahead? I don't think Pog played in a more attacking role for France than he did for us, he just used his brain more and maybe trusted the players around him more. 

then that's coaching. agree that deschamps is a conservative manager but he isn't the bus-parker that mourinho is, and he knew it, and he let pogba play his own game in a way mourinho doesn't. pogba looked like he was enjoying himself playing for france, having fun. he's never looked like that playing for united. 

20 minutes ago, StevieH said:

pogba looked like he was enjoying himself playing for france, having fun. he's never looked like that playing for united. 

True true, but that could be down to other factors, such as playing with his mates who speak the same language.

Not saying that I've not been concerned by some things, but I'm in the section of United fans that believes Jose knows what he's doing. I think Pogba has just underperformed for us, and if anything it is because he's been trying to do too much. He should forget about trying to be a star and do what a central midfield player should do - contribute to the rhythm of play, and make a difference defensively and offensively.

I think that is what Mourinho eluded to in yesterday's press conference. watch from 11.25 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m51s5DxJSE

pogba speaks four languages fluently i believe. that wasn't about being able to talk to your mates.

mourinho is a negative, bus-parking manager who looks incapable of getting the best out of good, very expensive players and who takes credit for any wins and blames his players when they lose. so good luck to you with the knowing what he's doing thing. i can't imagine having the job he does and being quite so miserable.

^^ yes but I imagine being in a group who all speak your mother tongue is a bit different. Either way, we won't know exactly why he smiles more for France, but I couldn't care less. Being successful at football is like any other career, and life in general, you need those tough times where you are being questioned, and probably aren't enjoying it. That's what makes you better. Off the top of my head, Vidic and Evra both had rocky first 12 months or so at United, even Ronaldo was questioned a lot early on his career.

Mourinho isn't a cool, edgy German guy with glasses who loves hugging everyone. He is dour, and doesn't believe in flirting with the media much anymore, and I've got no problem with that.That is probably no reflection of what he is like in the dressing room.

But feel free to carry on judging everything by how much Pogba is smiling ^__^

Edited by RickG16

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

£8m quid for andy robertson is the best deal any manager of a top side has done in quite a while I think. but it is nice to see him actually being backed now by owners i've always distrusted. maybe they finally realise what they've got and have begun to, spit, maximize their asset.

Probably  the best deal since Delph at 8m.

18 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Imagine the (feigned) outrage on TV forum if it was City breaking defender and goalkeeper transfer records..."you're ruining the game", "your buying success"...blah! blah! blah! Instead it's a lot of backslapping going on from non-Liverpool fans on here..."f*cking amazing TV forum!"

Anyway he looks like a decent goalkeeper, you need a decent goalkeeper and I'm expecting to see a goalkeeper twice as good as Ederson for that fee ?

Nonsense again.  Liverpool have been balancing their books!  

You're not getting away with that predictable old nonsense, you'll have to bore us a lot better.

The only thing that "f*cking amazing" is the fantasy La La Land you City lot have found yourselves in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

^^ yes but I imagine being in a group who all speak your mother tongue is a bit different. Either way, we won't know exactly why he smiles more for France, but I couldn't care less. Being successful at football is like any other career, and life in general, you need those tough times where you are being questioned, and probably aren't enjoying it. That's what makes you better. Off the top of my head, Vidic and Evra both had rocky first 12 months or so at United, even Ronaldo was questioned a lot early on his career.

Mourinho isn't a cool, edgy German guy with glasses who loves hugging everyone. He is dour, and doesn't believe in flirting with the media much anymore, and I've got no problem with that.That is probably no reflection of what he is like in the dressing room.

But feel free to carry on judging everything by how much Pogba is smiling ^__^

Still, surely you must be concerned at seeing the real Pogba at the world cup and the Pogba under Mourinho.  

It is fair to agree that it could be first season jitters but equally fair to say that Mourinho just doesn't know how to best operate him.  I've said he's world class from his days back in Italy and nothing, certainly not his first season at United has changed my mind.  I think its down to the manager.

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Still, surely you must be concerned at seeing the real Pogba at the world cup and the Pogba under Mourinho.  

It is fair to agree that it could be first season jitters but equally fair to say that Mourinho just doesn't know how to best operate him.  I've said he's world class from his days back in Italy and nothing, certainly not his first season at United has changed my mind.  I think its down to the manager.

So you think Mourinho told Pogba not to break sweat; only to pass to the opposition; not to have a pop at goal; etc.

Pogba was poor last season.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

So you think Mourinho told Pogba not to break sweat; only to pass to the opposition; not to have a pop at goal; etc.

Pogba was poor last season.

I didn't say that did i!!  I said i don't think he knows how to best operate him and as part of a consequence you get a poor reaction from many players, the jumped up premadonas that they are.  

How else would you explain the seamless transition from p*ss poor to outstanding?

Come to think of it, Sanchez went from being a world class talisman for Arsenal to being utter crap under Mourinho....just another coincidence?

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Nonsense again.  Liverpool have been balancing their books!  

You're not getting away with that predictable old nonsense, you'll have to bore us a lot better.

The only thing that "f*cking amazing" is the fantasy La La Land you City lot have found yourselves in.

I have NO problem with Liverpool or anybody else breaking the world record for a goalkeeper or any other player or indeed just buying a player. I've already stated that Liverpool desperately need a decent goalkeeper to push on.

My comment/point was NOT about balancing the books.

My comment/point was about the HYPOCRISY on here - from posters like you (back-slapping your Liverpool buddies) - when City buy a player compared to when other clubs buy a player.

You’re ruining the game” yadda yadda are the nonsense comments we receive, but as an example, for Liverpool YOU kiss-ass - as you always do on the Liverpool thread -  with “Thats big big money for a keeper but at the end of the day you desperately needed one. And if i remember right from last season transfers you have a cash reserve left over to reinvest so tying up a world class keeper was a no brainer in my book.” Pucker up baby.

You hear that sound Carmine? That's this comment whistling past your noggin.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

I didn't say that did i!!  I said i don't think he knows how to best operate him and as part of a consequence you get a poor reaction from many players, the jumped up premadonas that they are.  

How else would you explain the seamless transition from p*ss poor to outstanding?

...err because when comparing France to ManU you’re comparing apples with lemons (pun intended).

Seriously, Pogba playing for France is not the same as Pogba playing for ManU due to many different factors (managers, teammates abilities, national pride, tactics, set-up, etc). Put Pogba is a different team to France and ManU and again his performances for that team would most likely be different to Pogba in those two teams. Surround a player with better players and generally they perform better - Kyle Walker being a good example. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I have NO problem with Liverpool or anybody else breaking the world record for a goalkeeper or any other player or indeed just buying a player. I've already stated that Liverpool desperately need a decent goalkeeper to push on.

My comment/point was NOT about balancing the books.

My comment/point was about the HYPOCRISY on here - from posters like you (back-slapping your Liverpool buddies) - when City buy a player compared to when other clubs buy a player.

You’re ruining the game” yadda yadda are the nonsense comments we receive, but as an example, for Liverpool YOU kiss-ass - as you always do on the Liverpool thread -  with “Thats big big money for a keeper but at the end of the day you desperately needed one. And if i remember right from last season transfers you have a cash reserve left over to reinvest so tying up a world class keeper was a no brainer in my book.” Pucker up baby.

You hear that sound Carmine? That's this comment whistling past your noggin.

The point is that they are balancing the books correctly , City do NOT, hence the point being made on the Liverpool thread is NOT hypocrisy.  It is merely pointing out that you can spend what you want on who you want providing the money is correctly generated.

Exactly what part of that don't you comprehend?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...err because when comparing France to ManU you’re comparing apples with lemons (pun intended).

Seriously, Pogba playing for France is not the same as Pogba playing for ManU due to many different factors (managers, teammates abilities, national pride, tactics, set-up, etc). Put Pogba is a different team to France and ManU and again his performances for that team would most likely be different to Pogba in those two teams. Surround a player with better players and generally they perform better - Kyle Walker being a good example. ?

walker is no better than he was with us, the reason he became second choice was because Poch thought Trippier was better and has, of course been proven correct.

As side of the fact its the Liverpool thread, i'm not even entertaining the rest of your post.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

The point is that they are balancing the books correctly , City do NOT, hence the point being made on the Liverpool thread is NOT hypocrisy.  It is merely pointing out that you can spend what you want on who you want providing the money is correctly generated.

Exactly what part of that don't you comprehend?

So, Liverpool “are balancing the books correctly, City do NOT, hence the point being made on the Liverpool thread is NOT hypocrisy”. I get that point but YOU seem blissfully unaware and do not comprehend that City DO balance our books, by generating the 5th highest revenue in Europe according to Deloitte at €527.7m (as already stated 2 pages back) and we’ve made a profit for the past 3 seasons – isn’t that balancing the books!

So why then is ok for you to pucker-up to Liverpool when they buy a player but criticise City when we buy a player? I know why, it’s because you have a problem with City so consequently you’re being a hypocrite!