Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

25 minutes ago, carmine said:

Just looked back to this!!

"How the money is generated is irrelevant"        

Well thats quite an astonishing statement and is really the crux of our differing opinions.  Because in my mind it is not just super relevant it is ultimately the difference between breaking the rules, cheating in fact or playing by the rules.  If thats what you genuinely think then you are basically saying theres nothing wrong with financial doping!!  Thats actually exactly what you are saying which is why were never going to see eye to eye.

Liverpool's purchase of Allison and vVD were paid for by the sales of Coutinho and Ward alone, with money left over.  So as "f*cking amazing" as BB finds it i consider that completely bona fide and shows financial accountability.  They had to weaken themselves in order to reinvest.

City's financial report for 2017 shows 220m quid accrued from 'other commercial activity'.

How many barrels of oil is that out of interest? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Your jealousy continues to warp any reasoning??

Seriously mate, why shouldn't City be allowed to lead the way in financial doping?

What are you on about now? Financial doping? More uneducated accusations. So come on then, you know the format on this forum, back up/substantiate your comment  or be viewed as making idiotic statements.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Well thats quite an astonishing statement and is really the crux of our differing opinions.  Because in my mind it is not just super relevant it is ultimately the difference between breaking the rules, cheating in fact or playing by the rules.  If thats what you genuinely think then you are basically saying theres nothing wrong with financial doping!!  Thats actually exactly what you are saying which is why were never going to see eye to eye.

Liverpool's purchase of Allison and vVD were paid for by the sales of Coutinho and Ward alone, with money left over.  So as "f*cking amazing" as BB finds it i consider that completely bona fide and shows financial accountability.  They had to weaken themselves in order to reinvest.

Who are you accusing of breaking rules? If it's City (no doubt  it is, can't  help yourself) them stump up the facts if you are to be taken  seriously.

Your comment  that refers to me seems once more to be a misunderstanding  of my earlier  comments, which were, i have no problem  with liverpool  or anyteam spending but i resent the outrage on here when we buy a player.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Nice try to keep talking about City in here and then we get accused of talking about City. More than happy to continue on the City thread should you wish

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What are you on about now? Financial doping? More uneducated accusations. So come on then, you know the format on this forum, back up/substantiate your comment  or be viewed as making idiotic statements.

I don't think trigg know's what Financial Doping is ? 

• Like 1

• Ba ding-ding-ding-ding
  •  
  • mrbojangles
  • Global Moderators
  • 23,662 posts
  On 7/19/2018 at 1:35 PM, champers said:

To be fair, Liverpool generated a large sum from the sale of Coutinho and if they overpay for Allisson they have surely underpaid for Shaquiri. Swings and roundabouts.

How the money is generated is irrelevant. The net effect on the market is the same and trying to justify it by saying the money came from previous player sales is just giving yourself (not you champs) an imaginary comfort blanket. 

Edited by wilai

1 hour ago, wilai said:
  • Ba ding-ding-ding-ding
  •  
  • mrbojangles
  • Global Moderators
  • 23,662 posts
  On 7/19/2018 at 1:35 PM, champers said:

To be fair, Liverpool generated a large sum from the sale of Coutinho and if they overpay for Allisson they have surely underpaid for Shaquiri. Swings and roundabouts.

How the money is generated is irrelevant. The net effect on the market is the same and trying to justify it by saying the money came from previous player sales is just giving yourself (not you champs) an imaginary comfort blanket. 

That chain of events started with this and went on from there

1post.JPG

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

1post.JPG

He started it. No, you started it. I'm telling my dad. My dad is bigger than your dad.

Spoilt rich clubs/kids.

Good luck to you all next season. 

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

1post.JPG

Had no problems with posts from you and Bangrak on that page (as you can see from the'like') It was the Tedious Troll that started all the nonsense on the following page....as per usual:biggrin:....and where was your June 1st post from?

Edited by wilai

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

From this thread. If you go back in this thread to 1st June you'll see it. The numbering must be different for Mods as posts removed must still be count

Us Rockers don't care....you're still stuffing your suitcases with dirhams and flyin em to Moss Side! :tongue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually Wilia I'd  like to the glory for stimulating the action on here these past few days, with my post accusing some on here of hypocrisy by puckering up to liverpool while always criticising  City. Your welcome.

In English please:cheesy:

1 hour ago, champers said:

He started it. No, you started it. I'm telling my dad. My dad is bigger than your dad.

Spoilt rich clubs/kids.

Good luck to you all next season. 

Champers, you're not wrong about the "i can piss higher than you crap", damn forum drags us all down. 

I'm  guessing that you're  another that didn't pick your club but was born in to it.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Champers, you're not wrong about the "i can piss higher than you crap", damn forum drags us all down. 

I'm  guessing that you're  another that didn't pick your club but was born in to it.

Correct. Great win v Halifax last week in pre-season, though last time we played them pre-season they beat us. We won our first game of the season  5-0 aeay at Leicester following on from that. What a sport!

How did you get on v Dortmund?

LFC 1-3 BVB....Van Dijk with our goal. Two late goals cost us. Controlled the game but Solanke, Ojo and Moreno all missed sitters in 2nd half. Matip off injured early doors. Karius looks like he isn't even trying! He has to go!:post-4641-1156693976: Pulisic was BVB's best player by a street.

Edited by wilai

10 hours ago, wilai said:

LFC 1-3 BVB....Van Dijk with our goal. Two late goals cost us. Controlled the game but Solanke, Ojo and Moreno all missed sitters in 2nd half. Matip off injured early doors. Karius looks like he isn't even trying! He has to go!:post-4641-1156693976: Pulisic was BVB's best player by a street.

we're nowhere near full strength but it was still a bit sloppy to concede the two goals we did. i'm really not bothered about pre-season matches, particularly commercial jaunts to places like the US, but it's nice to see keita looking lively.

and no wonder klopp wants to sign pulisic. 

36 minutes ago, champers said:

I imagine Wilai is working on a mock-up of Phil Foden in a Liverpool shirt, as we speak.

Nah...wouldn't want him delaying Jones's (nearly a year younger) progress:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

See today Klopp has resurrected the case against Ramos. Why today? Let it go, let it go...

Your collective whining about being cheated makes a mockery of this statement.

We can all see your Thomas the Tank Engine Yfronts in that glass house ya know.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Your collective whining about being cheated makes a mockery of this statement.

We can all see your Thomas the Tank Engine Yfronts in that glass house ya know.

It was a simple question. Answer it Ronnie or leave it to those that can.