Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

good result today,imo the difference between the teams,,, sturridge's is just cynical , lose him and I'm not sure you'll be able to compete for the top 4

, just a point carragher irritated the f out of me 2 start, but actually I came around as,once he stopped trying 2 hard, he started 2 make reasoned intelligent comment, but this guy sori i've given him loads of time but he's just a prick, http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/small-talk-michael-owen. and this interview sort of confirms it.

Is Sturridge cynical or clinical...or both, rijit? Not being picky but yes, Michael Owen is a bit of an irritating little jerk tbh.

Admittedly some songs are daft. I can't stand Rooney as a man, seems to have all the morals of a dead cat, Scouser or not, he's a detestable individual.

I struggle with the concept of only singing songs about a team when you're playing them, why.? I start songs cos I enjoy singing them, and start when they pop into my head, regardless of who we're playing at the time.

redrus

• Like 1

good result today,imo the difference between the teams,,, sturridge's is just cynical , lose him and I'm not sure you'll be able to compete for the top 4

, just a point carragher irritated the f out of me 2 start, but actually I came around as,once he stopped trying 2 hard, he started 2 make reasoned intelligent comment, but this guy sori i've given him loads of time but he's just a prick, http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/small-talk-michael-owen. and this interview sort of confirms it.

Is Sturridge cynical or clinical...or both, rijit? Not being picky but yes, Michael Owen is a bit of an irritating little jerk tbh.

cheers mustangwai2.gif I would never have noticed ,,,,,,,, clinical of coarse , wrong spell check clicked,thumbsup.gif ,, and on the Liverpool thread as well F F S, yeah your right Owen is sort of irritating, i expected him, like neville and carragher ,to grow on me, but he just hasn't, he's dull and his comment aint particularly insightful or interesting . But just out of interest, I don't know if it was to do with the way he left Liverpool, or just that he left Liverpool, cant be sure but i dont think it was. but in the places I went/hung, he seemed to be generally disliked .

• Like 1

Admittedly some songs are daft. I can't stand Rooney as a man, seems to have all the morals of a dead cat, Scouser or not, he's a detestable individual.

I struggle with the concept of only singing songs about a team when you're playing them, why.? I start songs cos I enjoy singing them, and start when they pop into my head, regardless of who we're playing at the time.

redrus

Harking back in time, living near exeter, one of the attractions of going to see a 'bigger' team, 4 me especially if they were away, were the repartee of songs the fans had, seems to be a bit of a lost art these days. south america seemed a bit better.

• Like 1

We have plenty of songs, new and old, and the art is still very much alive. With the likes of Pete Boyle, United will always have a steady stream of quality sing ups.

Problem is, as clubs are now global brands, you cannot fill a massive stadium with lads n lasses that just want a good sing song. Infact at OT and Anfield in recent times, they've both been like bloody graveyards, and that's sad and embarrassing.

redrus

Taking Lucas off and bringing Allen on was the turning point IMO. The ball gets moved around a lot better.

Like Dev has said, 3 points in the bag and that's what matters.

I agree Allen made a difference. Looking back at the first goal, the ball put through by Henderson was exquisite and Sterling never had to take a touch before putting it away superbly. Full credit to Southampton for showing it is possible to put together a good team after losing star players and they should win a fair share of their games.

• Like 2

Deserved a point and in the second half were a joy to watch. Quick accurate positive passing like its two months into the season already. Amazing pre-season job by Koeman.

Shows what's possible by avoiding these waste of space marketing friendlies played on distant shores (we were told that Soton did BAFC, B&HA and Swindon!). Some bleedin' accountants at the top 6 clubs need to do the maths by looking at more than shirt sales.

Edit: yes - I do know that Henderson's pass was the pass of the game, pass of Day 1 and probably pass of the season

Edited by SantiSuk

I don't what 'pool fans thought of Jim Beglin's commentary last night but I thought he was an utter disgrace.

He even said at one point when it was 1-1 and 'pool were sruggling a bit how they could do with Suarez now, overlooking the fact that he wouldn't have been playing anyway even if he had stayed. A complete fool.

Suarez is a legend.

Wilai, you boys are gonna have to live with the legacy of the blemishes as well as the glory of having accommodated the greatest player to have graced the Premier League thumbsup.gif

Suarez is a legend.

Wilai, you boys are gonna have to live with the legacy of the blemishes as well as the glory of having accommodated the greatest player to have graced the Premier League thumbsup.gif

Agree...but what has a head butt got to do with Luis?

Suarez is a legend.

Slow down Santi. Have you forgotten Thierry Henri?

I don't what 'pool fans thought of Jim Beglin's commentary last night but I thought he was an utter disgrace.

He even said at one point when it was 1-1 and 'pool were sruggling a bit how they could do with Suarez now, overlooking the fact that he wouldn't have been playing anyway even if he had stayed. A complete fool.

beglin's an embarrassment. honestly don't know how he gets any work.

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

He seemed to spemd most of the game running Liverpool down, banging on about how they haven't yet hit the heights of last season, and this was after only 20 minutes!! He was also refusing to give Soton any credit and probably couldn't understand that they were making it diffulcult for 'pool. He also ruined the pass for the first goal, which is already being talked about as the assist of the season with his inane ramblings..

The man is an utter fool.

He always does run LFC down. For an ex player, he is an embarrassment. Maybe he wasn't given a good bye cake when he went to Leedswink.png

Or, as many paddy's are, possibly a closet Manure fan? Anyway, I think we pretty much agree he is <deleted> regardless of bias!

Having said that, I know most pundits have a soft spot for the boys (got that one in firstbiggrin.png )

Suarez is a legend.

Slow down Santi. Have you forgotten Thierry Henri?

Good point - maybe. I'm a relatively recent convert to Arsenal (cue abuse) so I didn't watch them every week back then. I'll resist the temptation of calling Liverpool 13/14 a one man show (they did well without him early on and that would be an insult to Gerrard and Sturridge), but my impression using hindsight is that Thierry was fed by a more complete team with a particularly strong defence.

Chicog would be better placed to call that one ... if you could get him off tribal one linerssmile.png. Clearly Thierry, Bergkamp and Fowler were more elegant with their skill levels, but noone can match the sheer dominance and drive of Luis.

I wouldn't honestly even know where to start.

Can I just stick with tosh, because that's not really offensive is it?

cheesy.gif

He seemed to spemd most of the game running Liverpool down, banging on about how they haven't yet hit the heights of last season, and this was after only 20 minutes!! He was also refusing to give Soton any credit and probably couldn't understand that they were making it diffulcult for 'pool. He also ruined the pass for the first goal, which is already being talked about as the assist of the season with his inane ramblings..

The man is an utter fool.

He always does run LFC down. For an ex player, he is an embarrassment. Maybe he wasn't given a good bye cake when he went to Leedswink.png

Or, as many paddy's are, possibly a closet Manure fan? Anyway, I think we pretty much agree he is <deleted> regardless of bias!

Having said that, I know most pundits have a soft spot for the boys (got that one in firstbiggrin.png )

i think beglin is a man united fan as it goes. so is ronnie whelan and he's another ex-red who talks out of his hoop.

bias isn't my problem with beglin though, it's his sheer cluelessness and habit of hanging onto the tiniest, most irrelevant incident in a match and trying to make some big drama out of it. not to mention how often he simply gets calls fundamentally wrong and how clearly he doesn't know what a lot of the laws of the game are. he is just awful.

Let's face it most of the commentators talk out of their sphincters.

And what irritates me the most is when they say "For me, that isn't a penalty", or "For me, the ref got that wrong".

No mate, they are not doing it for you!

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Suarez is a legend.

Is this a joke.....?

The term 'legend' really does mean nothing anymore if you think that 'he' is one......, what does that make, Henry, Bergkamp, Giggs, Scholes, Zola, et al.?

He's spent only a few years in the league and is remembered for far more bad than good. Don't get me wrong, I know his talent and, on the strength of last year he could have gone on to rectify past mistakes, but screwed that up at the WC, then buggered off to Spain.

Sorry, this excuse for a man is a million miles away from being even half the Liverpool Legend that Gerrard is.

As for the second comment, I'll stop laughing before I comment on that.

(gotta presume that whole post was a complete work of p taking art)

redrus

• Like 1

Suarez is a legend.

Is this a joke.....?

The term 'legend' really does mean nothing anymore if you think that 'he' is one......, what does that make, Henry, Bergkamp, Giggs, Scholes, Zola, et al.?

He's spent only a few years in the league and is remembered for far more bad than good. Don't get me wrong, I know his talent and, on the strength of last year he could have gone on to rectify past mistakes, but screwed that up at the WC, then buggered off to Spain.

Sorry, this excuse for a man is a million miles away from being even half the Liverpool Legend that Gerrard is.

redrus

Best stick to your Cleverleys, Fellainis and Fletchers then Red if it upsets you so much thumbsup.gif

Edited by wilai

Suarez is a legend.

Is this a joke.....?

redrus

Best stick to your Cleverleys, Fellainis and Fletchers then Red if it upsets you so much thumbsup.gif

You confuse me with someone else I feel good Sir, my own clubs issues are evident, with respect though, I feel I made an entirely valid point, that you chose to deflect...?

redrus

• Like 1