Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

You watchin' Brendan?

\

coffee1.gif

Ordinary.

Suarez is long gone, and laughing.

You won't be playing Barcelona in the Champions League.

smile.png

Willai thanks for that mate , lovely cameo of Stevie in an A/M role.

that's where Brendan should be using him even if its only in short spells .

him & Mario looked good together , Alex had better watch out .

Way to go Brendan.

"Mario was the one right at the very end who was available"

"We had attempts for other strikers that didn’t materialise for one reason or another so it left us right at the end of the window with a decision.."

"There were very few who are top class who were available and Mario Balotelli was a calculated gamble that we had to try to work with."

Why does Rodgers feel compelled to make a statement like that ? I'm no fan of Balotelli's but why take a chance of messing with his confidence and well noted insecurities by labeling him a last choice to the media ?

I've been a fan of Rodgers but he would be better served by not expressing so many of his frustrations to the media.

Lambert to start today and Mario rides the pine.

True, when Mario realizes its not all about him he'll be compelled to do something moronic or cringeworthy.

Rodgers knows that Lambert will give him 100% come what may.

Good to get three points but still not playing good football. Thought Henderson and Gerrard did well and Ballotelli looked more interested when he came on and had some nice touches and looked like he wanted to get involved. What is worrying me though is Sterling. A good footballer in that he has speed and given a little bit of space will go past players. However his first touch is terrible, loses the ball far too easily and keeps hold of the ball too long instead of getting his passes off. Saying that over 50% of his passing goes astray. Still goes down too easily and can't tackle. Yes, he is young with great potential but there is still a lot of work to do with him. After watching the last two games I was very disappionted with him. Maybe he needs a break. Can't wait to see Sturridge back and then Sterling he will learn from him. Think Sturridge and Ballotelli will work well together given a few games. We definetely need to up our game to get into the top four next season. Bad refereeing does not help. No penalty should have been given.

What a strike from Jagielka though.

ridiculous goal. you can't legislate for that.

Sorry to be dragging up the past H, but this "ridiculous" bit has been preying on my mind.

I could understand if there had been a series of defensive howlers, or a single lapse or if it had been the result of an awkward bounce that had gone in off the back of someone's head.

But none of these, just a good goal, not the best in the world or even one of the best in the world, just a good goal.

I do not see ridiculous anywhere. Wilai obviously does. Perhaps you were temporarily deranged by the loss of two points which you had assumed were in the bag.

Please explain so that i can start sleeping again and remembering to let the dogs out etc,

What a strike from Jagielka though.

ridiculous goal. you can't legislate for that.

Sorry to be dragging up the past H, but this "ridiculous" bit has been preying on my mind.

I could understand if there had been a series of defensive howlers, or a single lapse or if it had been the result of an awkward bounce that had gone in off the back of someone's head.

But none of these, just a good goal, not the best in the world or even one of the best in the world, just a good goal.

I do not see ridiculous anywhere. Wilai obviously does. Perhaps you were temporarily deranged by the loss of two points which you had assumed were in the bag.

Please explain so that i can start sleeping again and remembering to let the dogs out etc,

Maybe stevieH meant a ridiculously good goal.
  • Like 1

I dunno why BR keeps with the diamond combo up front of likes of Llana, Lambert or Balotelli and Sterling behind. This system worked last yr, coz there was an abundance of pace, but this year it's missing even after the squad has been supposedly 'strengthened'.

I dunno why BR keeps with the diamond combo up front of likes of Llana, Lambert or Balotelli and Sterling behind. This system worked last yr, coz there was an abundance of pace, but this year it's missing even after the squad has been supposedly 'strengthened'.

............Gerrard.............

Hendo...............Coutinho

.............Sterling.............

.....Sturridge...... Balo.....

Diamond with 2 up top.

Obviously once Daniel is back.

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 1

LS.....Somtamme thinks we are playing it already!....with one up front!! No wonder we don't look too goodwhistling.gif Wish he'd go support someone else! He's an embarrassment.

(prefer Lallana to Couts tho?)

Edited by wilai

LS.....Somtamme thinks we are playing it already!....with one up front!! No wonder we don't look too goodwhistling.gif Wish he'd go support someone else! He's an embarrassment.

(prefer Lallana to Couts tho?)

Yeah mate, dunno why I left him out there. Love coutinho but he's been off form of late.

Lallana has really grown on me, his work rate, his pressing, his skill and also he has two very good feet.

I just didn't see enough of him at Southampton to get all excited about him signing.

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 1