Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Gutted with the result , but for me this was our best home showing of the season . We created far more than them . Defending so deep & allowing them to attack us at will was asking for trouble . The camera behind the shot showed it was unstoppable swerving away from Mingolet all the time . But when Sturridge is fit , Brendan must use him , Sterling & Markovic up front with Balotelli as the `impact`man all out pace is the way to go .

The boy's still got it! Astonishing statsclap2.gif

Xabi Alonso broke 2 Bundesliga records today: 206 touches of the balll; 196 successful passes. It's his 5th game.

That's fantastic, but what's it got to do with Liverpool ? facepalm.gif

They are living in the past again, ex player still good shock, if I come on here each time Ronaldo did something good I would top p45's post count.

Gutted with the result , but for me this was our best home showing of the season . We created far more than them . Defending so deep & allowing them to attack us at will was asking for trouble . The camera behind the shot showed it was unstoppable swerving away from Mingolet all the time . But when Sturridge is fit , Brendan must use him , Sterling & Markovic up front with Balotelli as the `impact`man all out pace is the way to go .

Yes the "when Sturridge is fit" part of your post becomes more and more relevant as every Baloteli performance shows. He really is a very average striker that just manages to score the odd cracker to fool people into thinking he just might be good. He really isn't.

Henderson on the other hand just seems to get better and better and the progress he's made the last eighteen months is astonishing.

Can't believe i'd ever be saying this but 20m for Henderson now looks like a steal.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Xabi Alonso broke 2 Bundesliga records today: 206 touches of the balll; 196 successful passes. It's his 5th game.

Yep.

I'm hoping RM live to regret losing him.

(Same with di Maria as it happens.)

Ronnie's not happy.

They are living in the past again, ex player still good shock, if I come on here each time Ronaldo did something good I would top p45's post count.

Well Nev, if you don't like the past....you can have a look at the futurethumbsup.gif

http://zippy.gfycat.com/WindingMessyHackee.webm

Well Nev, if you don't like the past....you can have a look at the futurethumbsup.gif

http://zippy.gfycat.com/WindingMessyHackee.webm

Maaan is that what video games look like now?

Looks like we have found another exciting young prospect in the u 18`s . Sergi Canos 2 assists & scored 1 in their 5-1 thrashing of Newcastle . Another 17 yr. old real quality A/M . The difference between him & Coutinho & Suso is he is bigger than them & stronger on the ball. We got him from Barcelona about 18 mths. ago. He impressed me when saw him then , but he went completely out of the picture . Maybe injured , but he is back with a bang this season .

Looks like we have found another exciting young prospect in the u 18`s . Sergi Canos 2 assists & scored 1 in their 5-1 thrashing of Newcastle . Another 17 yr. old real quality A/M . The difference between him & Coutinho & Suso is he is bigger than them & stronger on the ball. We got him from Barcelona about 18 mths. ago. He impressed me when saw him then , but he went completely out of the picture . Maybe injured , but he is back with a bang this season .

Beautiful goal by Canos. Hope we see him and Wilson come through together. Thought Newcastle were very ordinary

Beautiful goal by Canos. Hope we see him and Wilson come through together. Thought Newcastle were very ordinary

Yeh Bob , what I like about Canos is he is very unselfish , passes to a better placed teammate rather than go for personal glory , something rare in young lads . A piece of transfer news altho not a very reliable source ie `caught offside` we are on the verge of paying MK Dons 8 m . for Delle Ali another so-called wonder-kid , but he certainly impressed when they thrashed Utd 4-1 a couple of weeks ago . He is also quite a big lad 6`2" + . Its another loan back deal apparently , pity that , he is a D/M a position we badly need to strengthen . Good to see Rodgers signing a few big lads .

• Like 1

Yeh Bob , what I like about Canos is he is very unselfish , passes to a better placed teammate rather than go for personal glory , something rare in young lads . A piece of transfer news altho not a very reliable source ie `caught offside` we are on the verge of paying MK Dons 8 m . for Delle Ali another so-called wonder-kid , but he certainly impressed when they thrashed Utd 4-1 a couple of weeks ago . He is also quite a big lad 6`2" + . Its another loan back deal apparently , pity that , he is a D/M a position we badly need to strengthen . Good to see Rodgers signing a few big lads .

Btw Bob looks like Basel vs. LFC is being shown live on Truevision sports 1 . 01:30 tomorrow .

• Like 1

Delle Ali is more a box to box midfielder (got a hat trick only the other week). He has been on the radar for a good while now and we are favourites to get him (partly as he is LFC fan, and partly as Karl Robinson is ex LFC backroom staff and still has an excellent relationship with the club). As long as we pay a reasonable sum we should get him....if we want of course as he is a similar player to Emre.

So poor up front again. When did we win again, last? I can barely remember.

Actually made a few good chances but either completely messed them up or couldn't shoot straight and with power. Sterling was really off his game and poor tonight, really.

Basel were nothing special tonight and still couldn't even draw.

Just can't get anything going. Nothing has gelled and no new players have hit the ground running at all, save Moreno of course.

Looks like the wheels are falling off. Is it all down to Sturridge missing?

Blackburn Rovers won the League, sold Shearer and the following season they dropped down the table like an anvil down a mine shaft.

The good news is, next up RM x2. Cos Ancelotti is making a right pig's ear of it.

Anybody who sells di Maria and Alonso and buys Hernandez needs to get professional advice imho.

smile.png

The curse of Basel strikers again. They just love beating epl teams.

Yes. Fair point, as we well know at Chelsea.

Could go to the wire for Liverpool. Last game in the group stage, Basel at Anfield.

Here's a bloody good interactive guide to the group stage from UEFA.

Just put your pointer on your team and bingo, shows where you have been and where you are going.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/index.html

It really couldn't get any worse could it, clueless midfield, our defense actually looks worse that it did last season, 120M spent and we are all sweating on the return of 1 player to save the day.

I don't yet disagree with the signings made to strengthen the squad and depth, but we needed to by a striker that gives us more than what we have now.

The fall is beyond spectacular, you could not regress further. The only way is up!

Another alarming error at a set-play , This one started by Skrtel watching the man he was marking , allowed the ball to hit the back of his head it then bounced toward Mingolet who instead of stopping the ball with both hands slapped at it with one . It then rebounded to their striker who volleyed home . If we had played until midnight we would not have scored . West Brom must be revelling at the thought of playing us

• Like 1