Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Soon changed his frigging tune didn't he?bah.gif

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson admits he is "disappointed and a little bit angry" about Steven Gerrard's injury sustained on England duty.

The 30-year-old was due to play an hour in Wednesday's friendly against France but ended up playing 85 minutes before succumbing to injury.

"As Liverpool manager I am frustrated and disappointed to lose such an important player for such a long period of time," said Hodgson.

"Anything I say - other than I am disappointed and even a little bit angry about it - would be dishonest."

• Like 1

Another example if one was needed of players not being allowed access to Twitter. Simply not necessary and pointless to have tweeted on the matter, simply opening up a can of worms.

If have no problem with a player coming out and saying he's not fit enough to do himself or the team justice. He's played a lot of football recently including 120 minutes in your Capital One tie. The number of domestic fixtures these days fatigue players, especially nineteen year olds that haven't reached their physical potential yet and whilst its not Hodgson's job to help Liverpool or any other club it is his responsibility to understand the busy domestic season and select the players that are fully match fit.

I also think its very inappropriate to question and manager. clubs training systems in front of the press.

Yeh could not believe Rodgers played Sterling for 2 hrs in the league cup . The lad could hardly stand-up at the end .

1. liverpool is sterling's club and we'll use him how we see fit. england borrow him, they don't pay him.

2. if we'd had a fit daniel sturridge maybe sterling wouldn't have needed to play the full two hours.

Contradicting yourself though stevie with that statement.

Surely your pount is his own club should look after him better than ENgland do or is it ok for him to play 2 hours in the mm cup? Tired or not!

You are letting your biased views shine through coupled with your hatred of roy... Perfect scapegoat fodder for you all........after all you need someone to blame.

Havent you lot been questioning brendas tactics of late....i am sure you have.

Contradicting yourself though stevie with that statement.

Surely your pount is his own club should look after him better than ENgland do or is it ok for him to play 2 hours in the mm cup? Tired or not!

You are letting your biased views shine through coupled with your hatred of roy... Perfect scapegoat fodder for you all........after all you need someone to blame.

Havent you lot been questioning brendas tactics of late....i am sure you have.

liverpool look after him just fine thanks. and how is it contradicting myself to say that if sturridge - injured on england duty against liverpool's advice and wishes - had been fit he might have played instead of sterling?

hodgson isn't a scapegoat for anything, he's just a vile, incompetent moron.

• Like 1

Another example if one was needed of players not being allowed access to Twitter. Simply not necessary and pointless to have tweeted on the matter, simply opening up a can of worms.

If have no problem with a player coming out and saying he's not fit enough to do himself or the team justice. He's played a lot of football recently including 120 minutes in your Capital One tie. The number of domestic fixtures these days fatigue players, especially nineteen year olds that haven't reached their physical potential yet and whilst its not Hodgson's job to help Liverpool or any other club it is his responsibility to understand the busy domestic season and select the players that are fully match fit.

I also think its very inappropriate to question and manager. clubs training systems in front of the press.

Yeh could not believe Rodgers played Sterling for 2 hrs in the league cup . The lad could hardly stand-up at the end .

1. liverpool is sterling's club and we'll use him how we see fit. england borrow him, they don't pay him.

2. if we'd had a fit daniel sturridge maybe sterling wouldn't have needed to play the full two hours.

So are you saying that Sturridge is the only player you've got to replace Sterling ?

So are you saying that Sturridge is the only player you've got to replace Sterling ?

nope. but strong attempt at putting words in my mouth there alf.

You've got some brass....Alakazam, Alakazoo without a trace...gone at the first sign of trouble, leaving the likes and Nev and Rus to defend your team through the epic Moyes era. And now your team looks like showing a resurgence, with others faltering you come back gobby as ever. We thought you were proper Salford, seems like you have more in common with the southern reds.

Welcome back tongue.png

Just to clarify,so Sturridge isn't the only player that you have to replace Sterling ! therefore why didn't one of these other players come on for Sterling ?

Edited by alfieconn

Just to clarify,so Sturridge isn't the only player that you have to replace Sterling ! therefore why didn't one of these other players come on for Sterling ?

couldnt do that alfie they might be tired.

You've got some brass....Alakazam, Alakazoo without a trace...gone at the first sign of trouble, leaving the likes and Nev and Rus to defend your team through the epic Moyes era. And now your team looks like showing a resurgence, with others faltering you come back gobby as ever. We thought you were proper Salford, seems like you have more in common with the southern reds.

Welcome back tongue.png

We just need petermlk to turn up now.

Then its back to that stability thing.laugh.png

• Like 1

If he's tired this far into the season,i wonder how many of the remaining 31 league games, Fa cup, Champions league, Capital cup and Europa cup games is he going to play in ?

I wonder how 'tired' he would have been if it was a Champions League qualifier he was about to play in?

Welcome back tongue.png

Hahaha, yes Bob, too true. They had twenty-five years of constant success and it took approximately four months to abandon ship!!

As for the much muted resurgence, they've played no one of consequence yet. However they have City, Arsenal and Chelsea i believe in their next six games and when these fixtures are done we'll know where they really are in terms of a resurgence.

Frankly with De Gea they'd be nowhere near top four but in fairness the same could be said of Lloris and Spurs

• Like 1

Welcome back tongue.png

We just need petermlk to turn up now.

Then its back to that stability thing.laugh.png

If they'd just given Moyes more time..........tongue.png

• Like 1

Getting a bit bored with the Sterling/England/Hodg thing tbh but correct me if i'm wrong please.......didn't Sterling simply say that he was feeling tired, suggesting he might not be at his best. He didn't refuse to play did he?

Regards to training i think its fundamentally wrong that a national team coach is allowed to ignore a players specific training routines. He sees much less time of the player, doesn't know his medical history as well as the players club and doesn't pay his wages.

All that aside, its makes no sense to change a players specifics training routines. If certain special routine has kept him fit and his form good enough for national team selection why on earth change it. Just sounds petty and stupid to me, and if this was the case with Sturridge if i was his club manager i'd be livid.

• Like 2

Away kit:......#LFC 15/16 away kit. White with red collar, red stripe across sleeves. NB + SC + Liverbird all in red. Simple white/red white.

3rd kit:......#LFC 15/16 3rd kit. Dark grey polo with thin red & white lines on the collar, and red piping at the sleeves. Hori grey stripes across body.

ps....Don't ask me what Hori grey meanssad.png

Away kit:......#LFC 15/16 away kit. White with red collar, red stripe across sleeves. NB + SC + Liverbird all in red. Simple white/red white.

3rd kit:......#LFC 15/16 3rd kit. Dark grey polo with thin red & white lines on the collar, and red piping at the sleeves. Hori grey stripes across body.

What happened to Warrior.....I didn't hear any announcement regarding NB being the new kit sponsor or the fee agreed

^Warrior took over New Balance about 10 years ago Bob. So it is just a re-branding exercise. Contract/fee etc remain the same.

(take over may not be the correct term but the companies are connected....Could be that Warrior hold the controlling interest or that NB are the actual bosses.)

'

Edited by wilai

^Warrior took over New Balance about 10 years ago Bob. So it is just a re-branding exercise. Contract/fee etc remain the same.

(take over may not be the correct term but the companies are connected....Could be that Warrior hold the controlling interest or that NB are the actual bosses.)

'

Ever-flowing fountain of knowledge wilai, cheers fella thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

New Balance is the parent company of Warrior, and it sounds as though it's just the football branch of Warrior that will be shutting down production, rather than the entire brand that also serves lacrosse and several other sports. The Anfield Wrap further reports that New Balance will see out Liverpool's remaining contract with Warrior Football starting from the 2015/16 season.

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2014/8/26/6067997/rumour-mongering-new-balance-to-drop-warrior-label-liverpool-yay-celebrate

• Like 1

B0GBUScCYAE9wkC.jpg