Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

i don't know why gerrard banged on about that so much. he's made a story out of nothing. but then to be honest when we've got a match and he's injured he shouldn't be in a bloody tv studio anyway, he should be in the stadium supporting his mates.

It's called 'cutting ties'.

I'm not sure what players we have waiting in the wings. From the highlights I've seen Ojo looks a bit like a dazed rabbit in car headlights, but I would be gladly surprised.

Made his full debut for Wigan this week and set up the goal for Wigan's first win since Boxing Day and completed 88% of his passes (best in the side all season). Think that is pretty good in only his first start and 3rd appearance for a Championship relegation fodder. Give him time, this is great experience he is getting.

^Gerrards been in the studio many times when he's been injured.

he has. and it's been shit every time. you're the club captain, get in the dressing room with your mates lad. sakes.

Agree 100% - he has plenty of years ahead of him for punditry.

i don't know why gerrard banged on about that so much. he's made a story out of nothing. but then to be honest when we've got a match and he's injured he shouldn't be in a bloody tv studio anyway, he should be in the stadium supporting his mates.

Bang on Stevie lad , I watched the ITV coverage on ilkehd but always turn off the sound when watching LFC games , cos I cannot stand the nonsense these guys spout , very surprised at Stevie G . saying what he said tho`. But the guy to blame is no doubt Rodgers . Before the game starts he should make it very clear to all & sundry who takes the pens . Hendo for me was also out of order , I do not remember him ever taking a pen . He was taking advantage of the captn`s armband . Mario on the other hand has a superb penalty history apparently only having missed one .Hendo would have been quivering like a jelly fish , & if I remember correctly Sturridge missed one vs. the bitters to miss out on a hat-trick .

I'm not sure what players we have waiting in the wings. From the highlights I've seen Ojo looks a bit like a dazed rabbit in car headlights, but I would be gladly surprised.

Made his full debut for Wigan this week and set up the goal for Wigan's first win since Boxing Day and completed 88% of his passes (best in the side all season). Think that is pretty good in only his first start and 3rd appearance for a Championship relegation fodder. Give him time, this is great experience he is getting.

Somtamme it is patently obvious you do not watch the academy games we have some terrific kids in the reserves Ojo , Wilson , Canos in particular

3 very good young attackers . At the time of posting I was referring to the absence of Sterling , so Ibe was waiting in the wings , he has since proved how good he is , I very much doubt any other club in the Prem . has better young strikers than Sterling , Ibe & Ojo .You are not a Manc by any chance ....green-eyed monster springs to mind .

Somtamme it is patently obvious you do not watch the academy games we have some terrific kids in the reserves Ojo , Wilson , Canos in particular

3 very good young attackers . At the time of posting I was referring to the absence of Sterling , so Ibe was waiting in the wings , he has since proved how good he is , I very much doubt any other club in the Prem . has better young strikers than Sterling , Ibe & Ojo .You are not a Manc by any chance ....green-eyed monster springs to mind .

Ojo? "dazed rabbit........"?...the kid who received Wigan's MoM in his first game when he only played 30mins? Reminds me once again why Somtamme is on ignore. What a pillockcoffee1.gif ...Anyway, as he needs reminding, here's a few more....Dunn, Kent, Rossiter, Williams, Brannagan, Chirivella thumbsup.gif

Wilai , let us do as Somtamme requests & ignore . Have been reading where Brendan has supposed to have said that Mario Balotelli should improve his work rate . But try as I may I cannot find anything that Brendan ever actually said it . Have you seen anything.

Wilai , let us do as Somtamme requests & ignore . Have been reading where Brendan has supposed to have said that Mario Balotelli should improve his work rate . But try as I may I cannot find anything that Brendan ever actually said it . Have you seen anything.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-warns-mario-balotelli-5200272

Mario wants to take all the free kicks, penalties. its a good job he scored otherwise he would have been lynched. would say he is a more experienced penalty taker than Henderson so not sure why BR didn't have him as the number one taker when he's on the pitch and Gerrard isn't

Good result, some difficult games coming up, need some midfielders back, not a fan of Allen, maybe Cann could step back there but that would upset the back three, Lovern still looks a liability.

Mario wants to take all the free kicks, penalties. its a good job he scored otherwise he would have been lynched. would say he is a more experienced penalty taker than Henderson so not sure why BR didn't have him as the number one taker when he's on the pitch and Gerrard isn't

Good result, some difficult games coming up, need some midfielders back, not a fan of Allen, maybe Cann could step back there but that would upset the back three, Lovern still looks a liability.

Rodgers tried to clear things up by saying:

"It's very clear who the penalty takers are. When Steven [Gerrard] plays he is number one. With the players on at the start of the game Jordan was nominated penalty taker.

"But if Jordan, Steven and Mario are on the pitch at the same time then we normally have Steven or Mario take penalties."

Footnote : Edit, I generally try to put you scousers / hairybacks right on things biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-warns-mario-balotelli-5200272

Bob the Mirror reports only what Brendan is suppose to have said , I tried checking out what he actually said on LFCGO but the coverage is poor , buffering etc . what I did see of it there was plenty of talk on the penalty incident but nothing about Mario`s work rate being very poor . I have a feeling Brendans comments have been edited . I usually never read the Mirror , because of its Manc. connections . But surprisingly James Pearce in the Echo was the instigator of this so-called comment by Brendan . I posted a question to James Pearce asking him to prove what he was saying , my post which was not abusive & very polite was only published for about 2mins then deleted . I have tried again to watch the LFCGO video of Brendans comments but no joy continually buffering .

^ Dazed rabbit got another MoM last night...thoughts Somtamme? Nah, don't bothercoffee1.gifB-UorQqIEAA_Xlu.jpg

Is that a carton of 200 fags he's got for MOM? Or a bottle of brandy? There are pieces missing from Liverpool's jigsaw - young local lads established in the first team. I blame Benitez, who spent millions on young foreign players and put them at the front of the queue. Nice to see some locals coming through at last. Good for Liverpool, good for England.

Bob the Mirror reports only what Brendan is suppose to have said , I tried checking out what he actually said on LFCGO but the coverage is poor , buffering etc . what I did see of it there was plenty of talk on the penalty incident but nothing about Mario`s work rate being very poor . I have a feeling Brendans comments have been edited . I usually never read the Mirror , because of its Manc. connections . But surprisingly James Pearce in the Echo was the instigator of this so-called comment by Brendan . I posted a question to James Pearce asking him to prove what he was saying , my post which was not abusive & very polite was only published for about 2mins then deleted . I have tried again to watch the LFCGO video of Brendans comments but no joy continually buffering .

There are actuall quotes in the mirror article, whether they've been chopped up to suit I'm not certain, but the quotes are pretty clear to me. I'll go on to lfctv for a look myself, Internet is fine here

An interesting use of words from Rodgers at his press conference, talking about Jordan Henderson.

"He is a young player and you have to go steady with Jordan. Everyone is trying to catapult him into the next Steven Gerrard and he is not that.

i have said it many times he is not that type of player.Jordan is a real honest boy, a hard working player, a great team player. Steven is a totally different player to that".

An interesting use of words from Rodgers at his press conference, talking about Jordan Henderson.

"He is a young player and you have to go steady with Jordan. Everyone is trying to catapult him into the next Steven Gerrard and he is not that.

i have said it many times he is not that type of player.Jordan is a real honest boy, a hard working player, a great team player. Steven is a totally different player to that".

In summary: average?

Like, i said I will be pleasantly surprised, but from what I seen, which is short highlights of Ojo, I still think he's not quite there yet. Ide on the other hand, is outstanding, and I can't remember being so enthused for such a long time. I would say, he is on par with a Giggs at the same age.

^ Dazed rabbit got another MoM last night...thoughts Somtamme? Nah, don't bothercoffee1.gif

Is that a carton of 200 fags he's got for MOM? Or a bottle of brandy? There are pieces missing from Liverpool's jigsaw - young local lads established in the first team. I blame Benitez, who spent millions on young foreign players and put them at the front of the queue. Nice to see some locals coming through at last. Good for Liverpool, good for England.

eh? blame benitez for what? for kicking off the academy that now churns out these young players most of whom are not what i'd call particularly "local". benitez signed raheem sterling incidentally. and <deleted> england.

^ Dazed rabbit got another MoM last night...thoughts Somtamme? Nah, don't bothercoffee1.gif

eh? blame benitez for what? for kicking off the academy that now churns out these young players most of whom are not what i'd call particularly "local". benitez signed raheem sterling incidentally. and <deleted> england.

Churns out ? the old conveyor belt biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Sexyman :( where have I heard that beforetongue.png ) You seem to have seen the video did Brendan make any comments about Mario`s work rate or lack of . Brendan for such a young guy gets carried away when being interviewed . For mine Stevie is exactly that :- Honest , hardworking & a great team player suits him , far more than it does Hendo , who for me is a squad fringe player at best . Never good enough to be captain of LFC .

For all my LFC friends who have LFCGO the U`18`s mini derby is now on live

Bad news at half-time the bitters u`18`s are leading 2-0 . They have taken advantage of a very strong wind at their backs . To be honest tho` they are the better team .

Bad news at half-time the bitters u`18`s are leading 2-0 . They have taken advantage of a very strong wind at their backs . To be honest tho` they are the better team .

Normally I enjoy watching the youngsters but today they were awful . Serious questions have got to be asked as to whether Neill Critchley is the right man to coach the young lads . Not sure but I think this is the 5th game they have had 4 or more goals against . Everton were very good well worth the win . Better news the u`16`s beat Everton u`16`s 3-0 . Forgot to add the score Everton 5 LFC 0 .

Edited by fonsboy
  • Like 1

There are actuall quotes in the mirror article, whether they've been chopped up to suit I'm not certain, but the quotes are pretty clear to me. I'll go on to lfctv for a look myself, Internet is fine here

I don't think that James Pearce interview was recorded and no mention of it in the post-match presser that is on LFCTV. Thing is they cannot print quotes that are not true quotes.

Not sure why Brendan needs to say these things out loud. The boy has scored 2 winners on the bounce.

Like, i said I will be pleasantly surprised, but from what I seen, which is short highlights of Ojo, I still think he's not quite there yet. Ide on the other hand, is outstanding, and I can't remember being so enthused for such a long time. I would say, he is on par with a Giggs at the same age.

At least learn to spell your own players' names correctly you plant pot!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Normally I enjoy watching the youngsters but today they were awful . Serious questions have got to be asked as to whether Neill Critchley is the right man to coach the young lads . Not sure but I think this is the 5th game they have had 4 or more goals against . Everton were very good well worth the win . Better news the u`16`s beat Everton u`16`s 3-0 . Forgot to add the score Everton 5 LFC 0 .

Don't seem like many of them will be churned out laugh.png