Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The beach ball was an obstruction interfering with play.The ref should have disallowed the goal and given a bounce up from where Bent made his shot.

In that case, what would the ref have done had the beach ball deflected the ball away from goal, rather than into it?

you know its not your day when that kind of thing happens. all laughing aside, i bet the guy that thought bringing that to the match was a good idea now feels like.... I noticed at the end of the game they show a few LP supporters faces (obviously not happy) and they kept focusing on one guy in particular - i wonder if he was the the culprit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18102009/58/...each-balls.html

the fun has started already. Even the dippers must see the funny side :D

same old scousers :)

to the tune of 99 red balloons go by,

""1 big red beach ball

sitting on the Black cats pitch

Panic bells, it's red alert

There's something here

From somewhere else

Darren Bent springs to life

Opens up one eager eye

Focusing it upon the goal

Where Pepe Reina watches it go by"

i reckon this will may a good airing On Sunday

The ref should have disallowed the goal and given a bounce up from where Bent made his shot.

A similar thing happened to us a few years ago, when we let a goal in but it was with several Balloons. The decision then was that it was up to the goal keeper to clear his area. The goal also stood.

Same decision....bounce up from where Bent took his shot.

So in a case where a team scores thanks to a deflection from a foreign object on the pitch, you take away the advantage gained by ruling "no goal".

But in a case where a team has a goal saved by a foreign object preventing a goal, you allow that team to gain the advantage from said object?

Doesn't seem fair. Although i agree it's an easy way of dealing with it.

It was a young Liverpool supporter who originally threw the ball onto the pitch, before the game I believe. It was put into the back of the net at the start of the game but the wind blew it out as SUnderland started their attack.

The real question is why Bent had so much room to take his shot when Benitiez went for 3 at the back to counter the threat of Bent and Jones. AT the end of the day they were well beaten.

The ref should have disallowed the goal and given a bounce up from where Bent made his shot.

A similar thing happened to us a few years ago, when we let a goal in but it was with several Balloons. The decision then was that it was up to the goal keeper to clear his area. The goal also stood.

It was the FA cup against Sheffield Utd, which cost us a cup run season before last :)

It was the FA cup against Sheffield Utd, which cost us a cup run season before last :D

That's the one jack :)

I remember that. I believe that was just last season and it was several Man City balloons that did it to you. A tribute to some player. Maybe season before. Same thing here, our own beach ball lets in a goal. I just cannot see how referees can allow goals like that to stand. I do not know the rules on this for sure but will have to check, looks like others are saying foreign objects should not be interfering with the game.

Well, looks like all the other fans are getting a nice kick out of this. Well, now fuc_k off back to your own forums. Cheers...

With respect, :)

Edited by Jimjim

Same decision....bounce up from where Bent took his shot.

So in a case where a team scores thanks to a deflection from a foreign object on the pitch, you take away the advantage gained by ruling "no goal".

But in a case where a team has a goal saved by a foreign object preventing a goal, you allow that team to gain the advantage from said object?

Doesn't seem fair. Although i agree it's an easy way of dealing with it.

So you're saying a goal should be allowed when the ball does not go in the back of the net if the beach ball interfered? That's nonsense. Instead of asking us about it, why not go email the FA? Perhaps they can give you a more acceptable answer so you can find some "fairness" in these issues.

There you go, then:

Freak goal was 'wrongly allowed'

And then Steve Bruce's comment was wonderful. "If you really know that rule then you are a little bit sad."

Said like a true stupid man. Yes, sad if you know the rules of the game, right? I think he only said that as it was his team that benefited. Sad, innit?

But forget about the beach ball, Sunderland should have scored 3 or 4 that game and we didn't deserve to win.

There you go, then:

And then Steve Bruce's comment was wonderful. "If you really know that rule then you are a little bit sad."

Said like a true stupid man. Yes, sad if you know the rules of the game, right? I think he only said that as it was his team that benefited. Sad, innit?

But forget about the beach ball, Sunderland should have scored 3 or 4 that game and we didn't deserve to win.

Steve Bruce may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. Someone playing a 3 4 3 could be though.

There you go, then:

Steve Bruce may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. Someone playing a 3 4 3 could be though.

Fine, he said a stupid thing. Happy now?

Got a sneaky feeling about this week for LFC....not sure why. Its certainly do or die on the football side, tricky match against Lyon and Man UTD on Sunday...could'nt get much worse.

We'll turn it around against Lyon, mate. We just have to.

It was a young Liverpool supporter who originally threw the ball onto the pitch, before the game I believe. It was put into the back of the net at the start of the game but the wind blew it out as SUnderland started their attack.

mate of mine was 3 rows behind the kid who threw the beachball on, said he was a little scall at his first ever away match and he was gutted. though if he was a grown bloke he may have got a kicking.

That's it.

Middle of October and our season's over!

Make no bones about it - there's no way we're still in it.

I said it 2 season's ago, and again last season - Rafa just does not have the savvy to win the EPL.

His transfer dealings have left us short, the squad lacks depth and we have no cover when key men are out - and that's not just down to a lack of funds:- it's a lack of insight and poor preparation.

And it's a lack of knowledge of the English game!

Totally weird team selection, tactical approach non-existent.

A wretched result of which we were lucky to escape with only a 1-0 loss!

would you call for him to be replaced, vulcan? and if so, with whom? given that any replacement of the manager now would set the club back years, cost about 20m quid and probably lose us a few key players?

Got a sneaky feeling about this week for LFC....not sure why. Its certainly do or die on the football side, tricky match against Lyon and Man UTD on Sunday...could'nt get much worse.

We'll turn it around against Lyon, mate. We just have to.

not convinced, not with torres still out. but you're right, we have to.

have a bad feeling about this week and it ends with that poison dwarf owen scoring the winner against us prompting calls for the manager's sacking. we're in bad ways right now.

That's it.

I said it 2 season's ago, and again last season - Rafa just does not have the savvy to win the EPL.

His transfer dealings have left us short, the squad lacks depth and we have no cover when key men are out - and that's not just down to a lack of funds:- it's a lack of insight and poor preparation.

would you call for him to be replaced, vulcan? and if so, with whom? given that any replacement of the manager now would set the club back years, cost about 20m quid and probably lose us a few key players?

Totally agree - we're stuck with him.

That's it.

Totally agree - we're stuck with him.

we're not 'stuck with him', we're bloody lucky to have him. year on year progression, a record finish last season despite not competing on the same financial plane as our rivals and him undermined at every turn by the club's owners. if he'd been given the money he was promised this summer to re-invest in the squad instead of having it stolen from under him then who knows what position we'd be in now?

We can be so fickle, can we not? Last year best points total ever in Premiership, granted no title but that's just because another team had a brilliant season 4 points better than us. And here we are saying Rafa is not good enough anymore. What happened?

I know it's been too long without a trophy. I know our defense has been horrible, allowing more away goals than any other team save I think four clubs. I know we looked really bad with no Gerrard, no Torres and No Masch from the start.

But what can we do? It's easy to be down and call for the manager's head after 3 straight losses and 4 total in the league so far. Too easy. Let's give it a week. If we lose both games, well... I really won't know what to say. But, frankly, I honestly think that will not happen.

I have seen photos of Torres actually training, he is just not ready for a full contact match. That gives me hope for next Sunday.

C'mon, Lyon, give us your best. We're either up for it or we aren't.

I see Riera starting this one, with Masch and Lucas in the middle, possibly Insua back, and with Kuyt up front. Other than that, not exactly sure what will pan out besides Reina and Johnson being automatics.

Oh, and StevieH, what's a "scall"?

Edited by Jimjim