Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Red Friends from Merseyside, help is needed from you if possible..

I have an interest in some historical West Ham stuff & historical stuff accross the board where Kits are concerned & came accross the below from long, long ago via a Friend & a Public Library in East London.

Now i know that the Blue half of Merseyside have a link & wore Salmon Pink when they won their first Championship back in the 1890's but i have never ever seen seen your lot have any llink to a Salmon Shirt..

Could any of you point me in the dorection of a decent Liverpool Historian to confirm that the below is true or help me directly in my research ??

Thank in advance for any help..

=======================

Source - The West Ham Guardian. Date Sat Jan 12th 1901.

West Ham V Liverpool

Played at the memorial ground.

The English Cup.

'It was just upon time that the light blue shirted hammers took the field, followed by Liverpool in salmon pink.'

=======================

VIDEO: See Liverpool legend Jan Molby's mythical 'lost goal' against Manchester United for first time in 25 years

It was the greatest goal never seen. Jan Molby's strike against Manchester United in November 1985 has remained an unaired gem for more than a generation - until now.

Those who claim to have been at Anfield on the night that the Dane helped Liverpool to a 2-1 win in the Milk Cup describe it as one of the finest individual efforts of all time.

Apparently, Molby was given the only tape of the game - recorded by police cameras - and he has now passed it on to LFC TV.

'Daily Mail'

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Devil

The kids just knocked Man Utd out of Lancashire Senior Cup at their place. Penalty shoot out and Bouzanis saved two. Eccleston scored winning pen (and our goal in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins) One of our best youngsters, he is from errrr....Manchester!!! Shame we can't play them every week!

Apparently, Molby was given the only tape of the game - recorded by police cameras - and he has now passed it on to LFC TV.

Wonder what sort of crime the police were expecting to see?!

Great goal by the way!

Terrific goal.Music crap.

it's weird, i don't remember big jan ever running that fast.

agree about the ads by the way, they're horrible.

I was going to say that about Molby, he wasn't known for his speed, but he was a terrifically gifted player.

it's weird, i don't remember big jan ever running that fast.

agree about the ads by the way, they're horrible.

I was going to say that about Molby, he wasn't known for his speed, but he was a terrifically gifted player.

man was a genius mate. this article is good if you have 15 minutes to spend reading it. the forgotten story of the denmark 1980s team: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...y-denmark-1980s

Thanks for that link Stevie. That 80's Denmark team was a joy to watch and they had some brilliant players. It was a shame they never won anything, but I can certainly remember watching them play in 1986 and destroying a very uncompromising Uruguay side.

gerrard out, johnson out, lucas doubtful. our luck with injuries this season has been fuc_king atrocious.

Reading a few of the papers today, and they are saying Gerrard could be out for the foreseeable, any truth in that?

Thanks for that link Stevie. That 80's Denmark team was a joy to watch and they had some brilliant players. It was a shame they never won anything, but I can certainly remember watching them play in 1986 and destroying a very uncompromising Uruguay side.

Not in the eighties maybe, but 1992 was a good vintage, Schmeichel and Laudrup among others

gerrard out, johnson out, lucas doubtful. our luck with injuries this season has been fuc_king atrocious.

Reading a few of the papers today, and they are saying Gerrard could be out for the foreseeable, any truth in that?

it's looking like he needs a groin op and the club is trying to work it around the next pointless england friendly against brasil. fuc_king injury occurred on england duty too.

A report in the Indy suggests a groin op possible next week, 3 weeks out and yes it did occur playing for England, with Torres oft reporting back injured from Spain, it does make you wonder sometimes.

Do they look after them and train sensibly, knowing that it will not affect them in the near future and they will be back for the next game, because they will be nursed back to health by the club, who desperately need them.

Just a thought

Stick my neck out here (not that far though) and say if it weren't for the United result, Rafa would be collecting his P45 this morning.

Actually, i did secretly think to myself after we lost that game, that were i (heaven forbid, cross my heart, hope to die) a Liverpool supporter, i'd be half thinking that losing to United might not be such a bad thing as it might hasten Rafa's departure and allow time for someone to come in and still do something with the season.

And before you say it, i know that for one, finding a replacement, and for two, paying Rafa off are major problems for the club, but as an outsider, i'd say anything is better than the path you are currently on.

Just my opinion, and i'm sure in the unlikely event of any of you Liverpool fans showing your faces on here today, you'll disagree - if for nothing else than about it not being a bad thing to lose to United! Yeah ok, i accept that's a stretch!

tumbleweed.gif

Fascinating, thanks for that.

Well, we lost 4 first team players to a virus and had other regulars out through injury. I read one article where I guess they didn't get the memo about the players sick and injured, as they questioned Rafa's team selection. Hmmm, he played the best team he had, so that's nonsense. We dominated possession in the first half and then concede a goal with Fulham's first chance. What an odd game it is sometimes...

tumbleweed.gif

Fascinating, thanks for that.

Well, we lost 4 first team players to a virus and had other regulars out through injury. I read one article where I guess they didn't get the memo about the players sick and injured, as they questioned Rafa's team selection. Hmmm, he played the best team he had, so that's nonsense. We dominated possession in the first half and then concede a goal with Fulham's first chance. What an odd game it is sometimes...

I think most are only questioning his substitution of Beni.

Well that's 5 defeats in 6 now, so things are certainly not good. For the fans it must be extremely frustrating -seems that Benitez can get the team up for one off games, but just can't do it over the course of the season consistently enough. The good work from last week against united has now been wasted again.