Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

For all the concerns there does'nt seem to be too much dismantling doing on. Looks more like a case of shoring things up. Surely Liverpool supporters are very hopeful of a CL place at the end of the season? Interested to hear what you have to say....

For all the concerns there does'nt seem to be too much dismantling doing on. Looks more like a case of shoring things up. Surely Liverpool supporters are very hopeful of a CL place at the end of the season? Interested to hear what you have to say....

Good plan carmine suck 'em into realising they need another striker.......Robbie Keane anyone?......he's a fan apparently....:whistling:

Liverpool consider Chinese takeover bid

Liverpool fans have regularly voiced their dissatisfaction with the club's owners

By Dan Roan

BBC Sports News Correspondent

Liverpool could be bought by a Chinese business tycoon within days, according to a source close to the deal.

Kenny Huang, head of Hong Kong-based investment company QSL Sports Ltd, wants to take full control of the Reds, who have been up for sale since April.

"A deal has to be done before the transfer window closes [on 31 August]," a source close to Huang told BBC Sport.

"Huang has made a firm proposal. The club's board has to sanction the sale and it could be sewn up in days."

Huang has been talking for several weeks to representatives of the Royal Bank of Scotland, with the aim of taking full control of the Premier League club.

RBS are Liverpool's main creditors, owed about £237m by American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

"Kenny is the only serious bidder interested in the club and he's optimistic," added the source.

Huang is offering to clear Liverpool's debt to RBS and hand new manager Roy Hodgson funds to do business in the transfer window.

The tycoon also plans to build the club a new stadium as soon as possible.

Huang was reported to have turned down the chance to buy Liverpool in 2008 because he felt a valuation of £650m was too high. BBC Sport understands he now values the club at about £350m.

Hicks and Gillett bought the Reds in February 2007 in a deal that valued the club at £218.9m - £44.8m of which were club debts. 606: DEBATE

I just want this to be sorted out soon, so Roy can get a decent budget to buy players before the close of the window

LFCfan128

But the American duo have endured a difficult time at Anfield, with supporters regularly voicing their dissatisfaction at the level of debt taken on by the club after their buyout.

Last October, several hundred Liverpool fans staged a protest march against the owners ahead of their Premier League match against Manchester United.

The board's popularity with the fans disintegrated further when Hicks' son, Tom Hicks Jr, became embroiled in a row with a supporter who alleged the American had sent him abusive emails.

As a result, Hicks Jr resigned as a director of the club and parent company Kop Holdings, leading to a restructure of the board.

Gillett and Hicks have also endured a fractious relationship with each other, which early on in their reign threatened to undermine their ownership with the former revealing the partnership had become "unworkable".

In 2008, Hicks blocked Gillett's moves to sell his 50% share to Dubai International Capital group as the pair feuded over future plans for the club.

An outright £500m takeover bid by the DIC group was also rebuffed, with Hicks hinting he would attempt an outright takeover bid himself.

They subsequently patched up their differences but took the decision less than four months ago to put the club up for sale, insisting there had been numerous expressions of interest in a buyout.

British Airways boss Martin Broughton was brought in as Liverpool chairman in April to facilitate the sale of the club and along with Hicks and Gillett is part of a five-man board at Liverpool that also includes chief executive Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre.

seems there might finally be something in one of the innumerate bullshit bids we have to field. fingers crossed. the day we finally get rid of waldorf and statler i'm going out to get leathered either way.

seems there might finally be something in one of the innumerate bullshit bids we have to field. fingers crossed. the day we finally get rid of waldorf and statler i'm going out to get leathered either way.

This could be absolute BS and contradicts every other story in major papers out there, but nonetheless:

Liverpool's suitor Kenny Huang 'doesn't have the money' to buy the club himself

I have no idea about this source. Also, I would assume Kenny Huang doesn't have the money himself, rather the company he represents, does.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic, regardless, though how would Liverpool like to be owned by funds possibly largely straight from the Chinese government? No American sports franchise would go for this, but may be different in England. It does not matter to me, either way. I just don't want a joker full of hot air like the Texan and his sidekick.

This could be absolute BS and contradicts every other story in major papers out there, but nonetheless:

I have no idea about this source. Also, I would assume Kenny Huang doesn't have the money himself, rather the company he represents, does.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic, regardless, though how would Liverpool like to be owned by funds possibly largely straight from the Chinese government? No American sports franchise would go for this, but may be different in England. It does not matter to me, either way. I just don't want a joker full of hot air like the Texan and his sidekick.

Huang is offering 325 mill plus pay off the debt,hicks & gillett want 800 mill,i cannot see your ownrs walking away with no profit.

Huang is offering 325 mill plus pay off the debt,hicks & gillett want 800 mill,i cannot see your ownrs walking away with no profit.

Their valuation is ridiculous, but i wonder if he tabled an 700 mil package they might just walk?

Huang's Company are offering 325m GBP plus writing off debts of 247m GBP,which makes 572m GBP in all.

Still far short of the original asking price but the two American cowboys only paid 219m GBP for the club three years ago.

They would still make a profit of 106m GBP which,bearing in mind we are only just coming out of recession,is pretty good.

The phrase "greedy corrupt tw@ts" comes to mind !

i don't know what this sportingintelligence site knows that all the broadsheets and broadcast media don't - you'd think they'd all have checked this guy out to see if he was kosher before slapping him all over the back and front pages.

Huang's Company are offering 325m GBP plus writing off debts of 247m GBP,which makes 572m GBP in all.

Still far short of the original asking price but the two American cowboys only paid 219m GBP for the club three years ago.

They would still make a profit of 106m GBP which,bearing in mind we are only just coming out of recession,is pretty good.

The phrase "greedy corrupt tw@ts" comes to mind !

I read it to understand a bid of around £350-400m with the debt being written off and the majority of the remainder going on the team. Well that's what I made of the article in the Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hicks-and-gillett-given-just-11-days-to-accept-chinese-bid-2041712.html

The owners do not have the final say on the sale. The board does, although they make up 2 of the 5. Broughton said they cannot block a sale, I guess because 3-2 majority would cause a sale to go through.

yes, it looks like the decision is finally out of their hands and broughton, ayre and purslow are all backing this huang-fronted bid. some of the stuff george gillett is trying to pull even now to discredit this bid is fuc_king sickening. despicable little man.

fingers and toes crossed at this point - we might be nearly there.

yes, it looks like the decision is finally out of their hands and broughton, ayre and purslow are all backing this huang-fronted bid. some of the stuff george gillett is trying to pull even now to discredit this bid is fuc_king sickening. despicable little man.

fingers and toes crossed at this point - we might be nearly there.

So things arent all doom  / gloom in scouseland afterall there Stevie - Torres, Gerrard staying, new owners on the horizon, benitez gone. 

Is Roy Hodgson truly the man to lead us out of the doldrums? I am not convinced, though he has won trophies as a manager, albeit Scandinavia.

Anyway, seeing reports that a takeover is now imminent as Liverpool are informing the Premier League of possible owners so the league can start on the new 10 day rule process. Fingers and toes crossed, as well.

Is Roy Hodgson truly the man to lead us out of the doldrums?  I am not convinced, though he has won trophies as a manager, albeit Scandinavia.

Anyway, seeing reports that a takeover is now imminent as Liverpool are informing the Premier League of possible owners so the league can start on the new 10 day rule process.  Fingers and toes crossed, as well.

He got Fulham to the Club Europa final  ;)

Is Roy Hodgson truly the man to lead us out of the doldrums? I am not convinced, though he has won trophies as a manager, albeit Scandinavia.

Anyway, seeing reports that a takeover is now imminent as Liverpool are informing the Premier League of possible owners so the league can start on the new 10 day rule process. Fingers and toes crossed, as well.

i like roy but he isn't a top class manager. think he'll do a reasonable holding job though for a season or so. if we do get genuine investment and suddenly have real money to spend again then we'll be looking at upgrading him after maybe twelve months i guess. i hope he's a success though this season, i like the man a lot and he is a real football person.

:blink:

Twist in Liverpool takeover

Former Syria international renews interest in Anfield club

Last updated: 4th August 2010

Liverpool have witnessed a twist in their takeover saga after the emergance of reports that a consortium of Arab and Canadian businessmen are in advanced discussions with the Premier League club.

Kenny Huang was thought to be in pole position to buyout American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks at Anfield, and Sky Sports News reported on Tuesday that the Chinese tycoon had made a formal offer.

But now a group containing investors from the Middle East and Canada, fronted by former Syria international Yahya Kirdi, are said to be finalising a purchase price, repayment of debt and financing for Liverpool's planned new stadium in Stanley Park.

Co-owner Gillett is understood to have introduced Kirdi, a Unicef representative, to senior Anfield staff and the Royal Bank of Scotland, to which the club owes a reported £250million.

Sky Sports News have quoted Kirdi as saying: "Liverpool is a massive football club with passionate and proud fans in Merseyside and in every part of the world.

"With additional money to improve the squad and financing in place to build the new stadium, Liverpool will be on a solid foundation to compete in the Premiership and in Europe for years to come."

Gillett and Hicks put Liverpool up for sale in May and appointed Martin Broughton as chairman to oversee the process and Barclays Capital has been hired to assist.

Liverpool also received a major boost on Tuesday when star striker Fernando Torres confirmed that he wanted to stay at the club.

sky sports should check their sources before churning out rubbish like that. it's not true and is generated by gillett's publicity team.   

Well it is transfer season Stevie, perhaps they are just trying to drum up the price in the market. (See ballotelli's agent for example)  :lol:

sky sports should check their sources before churning out rubbish like that. it's not true and is generated by gillett's publicity team.

Well it is transfer season Stevie, perhaps they are just trying to drum up the price in the market. (See ballotelli's agent for example) :lol:

that's exactly what it is. gillett trying to wheedle another £25m out of the chinese. the odious little turd.

i'm beginning to get quite excited about this now. hope to christ it's not another anti-climax and we can finally, once and for all get shut of these two bastards hicks and gillett.

I am just worried if that Canadian is part owner, then I will have to listen to you go on about how it's all my fault! ;)

he's not really canadian, he's syrian originally. and he's full of shit anyway, he's a stooge for hicks and gillett to attempt to push the chinese buy price up.

My parents were English orginally (Sunderland and Blackpool). Doesn't make me a pommie  :lol:

Anyways I hope you are correct.

i'm beginning to get quite excited about this now. hope to christ it's not another anti-climax and we can finally, once and for all get shut of these two bastards hicks and gillett.

I am just worried if that Canadian is part owner, then I will have to listen to you go on about how it's all my fault! ;)

The` liverpool Echo ` website this morning reports , Kenny Huang, is acting on behaif of the chinese government,if this is true there should be no contest in the bidding war, same report on bbc radio 4 news......

I am just worried if that Canadian is part owner, then I will have to listen to you go on about how it's all my fault!  ;)

The` liverpool Echo ` website this morning reports , Kenny Huang, is acting on behaif of the chinese government,if this is true there should be no contest in the bidding war, same report on bbc radio 4 news......

will the Chinese Government pass the fit and proper ownership test?