Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

You're serious, aren't you ??

Only in reply to Santisuk's ridiculous comment. I know he's as bent as a a Boy George convention but let's kick him for what he's done.....not slander him for what he aint.

Example....Arsene Wenger has been up and down the Old Kent Road for years picking up tarts.

Sorry, what hasn't he done then ??

I would have a giggle at the Old Kent Road suggestion - not demand proof. This is a casual forum of conversations, not a court of law aint it?

Edit: And anyway I used to live a mile from the OKR and shopped there regularly and went to the odd (very odd) pub or two there on occasions. Never sore Arse hanging out. So there!

Edited by SantiSuk

He still SPENT more than the vast majority of Managers in the Country & yes he sold but that i suspect the vast majority of the time, was his choice....

The day that done it for me was when he moaned about his Summer Transfer Budget yet SPENT 38m GBP on a Right Back & Alberto Aquilani who, if you want to trawl back through this Thread to the time, it was said on here that the Guy was a 14 Gameaverage per Season Manbased on his very limited career to date ( i'm guessing the average has gone down since ) & why anyone would spend over 50% of their 38m GBP Transfer Budget ( only ) on that Player, beggars belief..

I honestly can't see how, after SPENDING over a Quarter of a BILLION GBP on Players during his reign, how he could justify demanding a further 60m last Summer & no wonder the old Yanks closed ranks on him after what he spent the previous 38m on..

http://www.liverpool...-spending-spree

His own Players were talkign about a further 4 - 5 - 6 Players being needed for crying out loud ???????????????

Mental..

m, you know i respect your views on football but as long as you continue to trot out this tabloidy nonsense, i'm going to be compelled to argue with you on it. SPEND at a football club is by definition, net. benitez was never allowed to splurge in the way that chelsea could, buying a handful of £15m players every summer plus one or two £20m+ players, his spend as liverpool manager was £239m out, £162m in. you can't evaluate a manager's transfer market activity without considering both, it's stupid. because as he spends some money to strengthen the squad, AT THE SAME TIME, he is forced to sell to balance up the books.

on johnson and aquliani, neither player worked out as hoped it's true, but for johnson we paid £8m cash and wrote off the £9m pompey owed us for crouch against it. for aquilani it was £5m down and then the rest on appearances (ha!) and other add-ons. i believe we ended up paying around £13m for him in total which we are in line to get back when juventus sign him full-time next summer. so call it £20m on those 2 versus the £36.5m benitez brought in selling alonso, arbeloa and leto that summer. which is not to mention the £16m we got back for robbie keane the previous january which the manager never saw again either as it vanished off into the RBS coffers. these are, to quote the man himself, facts. not tabloid speculation, not made-up hype. this is the financial situation he had to deal with. £80m net spend over 5 years, give or take. source, the very well-informed www.lfchistory.net

and the 'spree' you link to is from goal.com, a website which invents transfer rumours and stories by the dozen each day.

rafa beintez did not 'SPEND' a quarter of a billion. it's total and utter nonsense to continue suggesting and maintaining so i'm afraid.

You're serious, aren't you ??

Only in reply to Santisuk's ridiculous comment. I know he's as bent as a a Boy George convention but let's kick him for what he's done.....not slander him for what he aint.

Example....Arsene Wenger has been up and down the Old Kent Road for years picking up tarts.

Well there is a rumor - un confirmed of course - that RH took a Yorkshire Terrier and stuck it in a black plastic rubbish bin. Supposedly he went back five minutes later and released it.

He still SPENT more than the vast majority of Managers in the Country & yes he sold but that i suspect the vast majority of the time, was his choice....

The day that done it for me was when he moaned about his Summer Transfer Budget yet SPENT 38m GBP on a Right Back & Alberto Aquilani who, if you want to trawl back through this Thread to the time, it was said on here that the Guy was a 14 Gameaverage per Season Manbased on his very limited career to date ( i'm guessing the average has gone down since ) & why anyone would spend over 50% of their 38m GBP Transfer Budget ( only ) on that Player, beggars belief..

I honestly can't see how, after SPENDING over a Quarter of a BILLION GBP on Players during his reign, how he could justify demanding a further 60m last Summer & no wonder the old Yanks closed ranks on him after what he spent the previous 38m on..

His own Players were talkign about a further 4 - 5 - 6 Players being needed for crying out loud ???????????????

Mental..

m, you know i respect your views on football but as long as you continue to trot out this tabloidy nonsense, i'm going to be compelled to argue with you on it. SPEND at a football club is by definition, net. benitez was never allowed to splurge in the way that chelsea could, buying a handful of £15m players every summer plus one or two £20m+ players, his spend as liverpool manager was £239m out, £162m in. you can't evaluate a manager's transfer market activity without considering both, it's stupid. because as he spends some money to strengthen the squad, AT THE SAME TIME, he is forced to sell to balance up the books.

on johnson and aquliani, neither player worked out as hoped it's true, but for johnson we paid £8m cash and wrote off the £9m pompey owed us for crouch against it. for aquilani it was £5m down and then the rest on appearances (ha!) and other add-ons. i believe we ended up paying around £13m for him in total which we are in line to get back when juventus sign him full-time next summer. so call it £20m on those 2 versus the £36.5m benitez brought in selling alonso, arbeloa and leto that summer. which is not to mention the £16m we got back for robbie keane the previous january which the manager never saw again either as it vanished off into the RBS coffers. these are, to quote the man himself, facts. not tabloid speculation, not made-up hype. this is the financial situation he had to deal with. £80m net spend over 5 years, give or take. source, the very well-informed www.lfchistory.net

and the 'spree' you link to is from goal.com, a website which invents transfer rumours and stories by the dozen each day.

rafa beintez did not 'SPEND' a quarter of a billion. it's total and utter nonsense to continue suggesting and maintaining so i'm afraid.

So that's Sings day job! hes one of the writers for goal.com, it all makes sense now, all those comments and facts he has been spurting out :P

Mental..

:D

Good stuff Stevie..

Johnson Transfer = 8m & you WROTE OFF 9m you were owed from

Pompey on another deal, great Business ethic from you there Stevie with your " so let's call it...." comment..:blink:

Aquilani = IF those are the figures, then that's better than paying 20m, let's hope for your sakes you can get that 13m or so back for him then.,.

& spend, the word SPEND = to pay out, disburse, or expend; dispose of (money, wealth, resources, etc.): resisting the temptation to spend one's money.

Let's just not change the English Language just because we're talkign about Football Club's shall we ??

" John spent 45p on a Packet of Cheese & Onion Crisps "

" Smokie spent 1,200 Baht Baht on a Ladyboy again "

" Dev spent 100 Baht on a Pair of Red tinted Glasses "

Rafael Benitez DID SPEND or SPENT ( past tense ) over a quarter of a Billion Great British Pounds when employed by LFC on Players including Transfer & Signing On Fee's..

Is the below wrong, yes or no answer..

It's from your one of your Forums

In*

• Josemi – £2m

• Antonio Nunez - free

• Luis Garcia - £6m

• Xabi Alonso - £10.7m

• Peter Crouch - £7m

• Momo Sissoko - £5.3m

• Sebastian Leto - £1.85m

• Gabriel Palletta - £2m

• Bolo Zenden – free

• Pepe Reina - £6m

• Fernando Morientes - £8m

• Daniel Agger - £5.8m

• Robbie Fowler – free

• Craig Bellamy - £6.5m

• Dirk Kuyt - £10m

• Jermaine Pennant - £6.7m

• Mark Gonzalez - £1.5m

• Fabio Aurelio – free

• Javier Mascherano - £17m

• Fernando Torres - £22m

• Alvero Arbeloa – £2m

• Ryan Babel - £11.5m

• Yossi Benayoun - £5m

• Scott Carson - £750,000

• Lucas Leiva - £6m

• Andriy Voronin – free

• Diego Cavalieri - £3m

• David Ngog - £1.5m

• Robbie Keane - £20.3m

• Andrea Dossena - £7m

• Philipp Degen – free

• Martin Skrtel – £6.5m -

• Albert Riera – £8m

• Glen Johnson - £18m

• Alberto Aquilani - £20m

• Sotirios Kyrgiakos - £1.5m

Total spend - £229.65m (not including signing on fees)

so including lets say easy 260+?

Out

• Michael Owen - £8m + Antonio Nunez in

• El Hadji Diouf - £2m

• Antonio Nunez - undisclosed

• Josemi – swap with Jan Kromkamp

• Bolo Zenden – free

• Vladimir Smicer - free

• Jerzy Dudek - free

• Igor Biscan – free

• Luis Garcia - undisclosed

• Robbie Fowler - free

• Djibril Cisse – £6m

• Xabi Alonso – £30m

• Harry Kewell – free

• Stephane Henchoz – free

• Stephen Warnock - £1.5m

• John Arne Riise - £3m

• Peter Crouch - £11m

• Momo Sissoko - £6m

• Craig Bellamy - £7.5m

• Mark Gonzalez - £500,000

• Djimi Traore - £2m

• Scott Carson - £3.75m

• Fernando Morientes - £3m

• Chris Kirkland – undisclosed

• Jan Kromkamp - undisclosed

• Robbie Keane – (up to) £19m

• Sebastian Leto - £3m

• Gabriel Palletta - £2m

• Sami Hyypia – free

• Alvero Arbeloa – £2m

• Darren Potter - £250,000

• Danny Guthrie - £2.5m

Total - £112.5m

Now what do you think of those facts Dev ??

Not that i expect an answer from you.

gerrard out for saturday, kuyt too. lucas suspended. torres fitness check after playing for spain. balls. we could line up with spearing and poulsen in centre mid. :(

Then its probably a good thing you are only playing West Ham. ;)

No need for the wink Carmine, it's true..

gerrard out for saturday, kuyt too. lucas suspended. torres fitness check after playing for spain. balls. we could line up with spearing and poulsen in centre mid. :(

Is he defo out Gerrard ??

That could make cough cough, a possible difference..

Although i expect Torres to score 12 ( yes Twelve )..:D

not 100% on gerrard but he felt his hamstring last night when doing 90 minutes in yet another fuc_king pointless england friendly. capello must have learned loads about gerrard. rolleyes.gif

torres is uncertain too. he'll probably play though but he's in need of a rest again.

not 100% on gerrard but he felt his hamstring last night when doing 90 minutes in yet another fuc_king pointless england friendly. capello must have learned loads about gerrard. rolleyes.gif

torres is uncertain too. he'll probably play though but he's in need of a rest again.

I expect them both to play then & you to win by 2+ to Nil.

I've shown more faith singhy and put you down for a 2-2 draw. I've even got you down as a my banker this week.

Oops!

Sorry!!

:huh:

I expect them both to play then & you to win by 2+ to Nil.

yeah kind of what i'm expecting too. hammers' defence is appalling these days. we'll not play well, probably scrape a win and it'll get roy a stay of execution.

I've shown more faith singhy and put you down for a 2-2 draw. I've even got you down as a my banker this week.

Oops!

Sorry!!

:huh:

Fool !! :D

Gerrards latest injury is just what that Hodgson idiot needs now as an excuse for more poor results.

How long before those that have the power at LFC realize that Hodgson is a total loser and needs to be removed???!!!

Edited by Zodiac

Gerrards latest injury is just what that Hodgson idiot needs now as an excuse for more poor results.

How long before those that have the power at LFC realize that Hodgson is a total loser and needs to be removed???!!!

So now it's:

Hodgson the idiot?!

Hodgson the total loser?!

Hodgson might have made some errors, but speaking of him in these terms is pretty disrespectful. If it's a view shared by the masses at Liverpool, he should make their wishes by walking away and leaving them to it. Plenty of other clubs would be happy to have him.

So now it's:

Hodgson the idiot?!

Hodgson might have made some errors, but speaking of him in these terms is pretty disrespectful. If it's a view shared by the masses at Liverpool, he should make their wishes by walking away and leaving them to it. Plenty of other clubs would be happy to have him.

Rix, the reason that Rafa is nearing the sack at Inter is because of the squad Roy left there 14 years ago. He's such an evil vile destuctive monster of a human being isn't he!!! :lol: :lol:

Edited by carmine

So now it's:

Hodgson the idiot?!

Rix, the reason that Rafa is nearing the sack at Inter is because of the squad Roy left there 14 years ago. He's such an evil vile destuctive monster of a human being isn't he!!! :lol: :lol:

It is hard to comprehend how a set of fans can stick so loyally to one man, and yet almost instantly vilify another. Guess the face didn't fit. Perhaps a moustache might have made a difference.

So now it's:

Hodgson the idiot?!

It is hard to comprehend how a set of fans can stick so loyally to one man, and yet almost instantly vilify another. Guess the face didn't fit. Perhaps a moustache might have made a difference.

...and to think, we had to put up with George Graham. :whistling:

Definately time for a Rafa thread. ;)

Mental..

:D

Good stuff Stevie..

Johnson Transfer = 8m & you WROTE OFF 9m you were owed from

Pompey on another deal, great Business ethic from you there Stevie with your " so let's call it...." comment..:blink:

Aquilani = IF those are the figures, then that's better than paying 20m, let's hope for your sakes you can get that 13m or so back for him then.,.

& spend, the word SPEND = to pay out, disburse, or expend; dispose of (money, wealth, resources, etc.): resisting the temptation to spend one's money.

Let's just not change the English Language just because we're talkign about Football Club's shall we ??

" John spent 45p on a Packet of Cheese & Onion Crisps "

" Smokie spent 1,200 Baht Baht on a Ladyboy again "

Rafael Benitez DID SPEND or SPENT ( past tense ) over a quarter of a Billion Great British Pounds when employed by LFC on Players including Transfer & Signing On Fee's..

Is the below wrong, yes or no answer..

It's from your one of your Forums

In*

• Josemi – £2m

• Antonio Nunez - free

• Luis Garcia - £6m

• Xabi Alonso - £10.7m

• Peter Crouch - £7m

• Momo Sissoko - £5.3m

• Sebastian Leto - £1.85m

• Gabriel Palletta - £2m

• Bolo Zenden – free

• Pepe Reina - £6m

• Fernando Morientes - £8m

• Daniel Agger - £5.8m

• Robbie Fowler – free

• Craig Bellamy - £6.5m

• Dirk Kuyt - £10m

• Jermaine Pennant - £6.7m

• Mark Gonzalez - £1.5m

• Fabio Aurelio – free

• Javier Mascherano - £17m

• Fernando Torres - £22m

• Alvero Arbeloa – £2m

• Ryan Babel - £11.5m

• Yossi Benayoun - £5m

• Scott Carson - £750,000

• Lucas Leiva - £6m

• Andriy Voronin – free

• Diego Cavalieri - £3m

• David Ngog - £1.5m

• Robbie Keane - £20.3m

• Andrea Dossena - £7m

• Philipp Degen – free

• Martin Skrtel – £6.5m -

• Albert Riera – £8m

• Glen Johnson - £18m

• Alberto Aquilani - £20m

• Sotirios Kyrgiakos - £1.5m

Total spend - £229.65m (not including signing on fees)

so including lets say easy 260+?

Out

• Michael Owen - £8m + Antonio Nunez in

• El Hadji Diouf - £2m

• Antonio Nunez - undisclosed

• Josemi – swap with Jan Kromkamp

• Bolo Zenden – free

• Vladimir Smicer - free

• Jerzy Dudek - free

• Igor Biscan – free

• Luis Garcia - undisclosed

• Robbie Fowler - free

• Djibril Cisse – £6m

• Xabi Alonso – £30m

• Harry Kewell – free

• Stephane Henchoz – free

• Stephen Warnock - £1.5m

• John Arne Riise - £3m

• Peter Crouch - £11m

• Momo Sissoko - £6m

• Craig Bellamy - £7.5m

• Mark Gonzalez - £500,000

• Djimi Traore - £2m

• Scott Carson - £3.75m

• Fernando Morientes - £3m

• Chris Kirkland – undisclosed

• Jan Kromkamp - undisclosed

• Robbie Keane – (up to) £19m

• Sebastian Leto - £3m

• Gabriel Palletta - £2m

• Sami Hyypia – free

• Alvero Arbeloa – £2m

• Darren Potter - £250,000

• Danny Guthrie - £2.5m

Total - £112.5m

It's hard to dispute the facts, which is why I guess nobody has done.

Except that the previous owners reckon it was 300 million which sounds reasonable as he brought in a lot more players than you've listed.

AND the spending figure doesn't even take into account players wages.

Facts in all honesty when you grasp the concept of NET or lets say take that into consideration maybe you can expect an answer from some one on here regarding that debate? not from me though your right.

I am not sure why the Rafa debate still comes up on this thread? and why people still debate 'was he a good manager for Liverpool Football Club'. I thought that was bloody obvious, he was one of best managers in recent years at the club and clearly the league, European positions and trophies prove that! And lastly that good feel factor and unforgettable moments brought to us over those short years is bloody light years beyond what I expect will happen under the current manager.

It is frustrating at times when people have made up there mind on Rafa without considering other factors to base their opinions on. And yet feel the need to tell us as supporters we are wrong or foolish to think differently about Rafa and to of held him in high regard during his time.

I think a non Red will never ever understand what makes a LFC supporter tick or even begin to understand the pride and passion that surrounds the club. Most held Rafa in such high esteem for what he did for us in just 5+ years. And those who were not in the most category are perhaps now seeing what we had and now know what we miss out on.

Here was a Manager who brought back hope, belief, passion on and off the pitch again. He made an effort to understand the fans and lived and breathed the club which got most peoples respect. He attracted certain players I am sure regardless of money available would of not have come to the club at that time, if not for Rafa. I talk about the likes of Torres, Alonso, Reina and a few others.

For me It was refreshing to have a foreign manager who brought that extra level of tactical awareness in Europe, I mean who wanted to draw Liverpool in the CL when Liverpool were under Rafa? We had hope in the league and actually got very very close to winning that Holy Grail The 19th! and he seemed to understand us as an outsider.

I for one I never did think we had the god given right to win the league, it was obvious it would take a massive undertaking given the competition. And for me to consistently qualify for the CL is not to be underestimated at all- Just look at Tottenham and Man City and the investment needed to do that.

That's then this is now... What I wouldn't give to be able to find those Red tinted Specs you mention! no sign of them at the moment with Roy stood in the way.

Edited by Devil

team for tonight's sack race:

reina

johnson, carragher, skrtel, can'tchesky

kuyt, poulsen, meireles, maxi

ngog torres

Thanks Stevie

Poulsen needs to put in a shift today been shocking so far.

Meireless in his preferred role instead of being stuck on the right.

Ngog convinces me he could be a good target man for Torres to play off.

lets see if Johnson can get up to match fitness and give us that badly needed width

Anyway we live in hope - lets get the win

YNWA

spot on dev, i like ngog a lot. reminds me of a young anelka. just seen west ham's line up and we should win this, so long as we actually go for it and try to against roy's usual habits. poulsen's a joke player, hate him and hate the fact that roy signed him. anyway, fingers crossed.

that's the worst top flight team i've seen in a long time that. and without scott parker they didn't even have any fight in them. appalling side.

I did'nt see the game but by all accounts they were dreadful. I have to ask the question why they played so well against us and with such commitment?!

Incidently if Liverpool are so poor, will the team be set up for a draw next weekend. Also whats the situation with Torres, will he be playing?