Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

still expecting that shallow cun_t torres to score against us on sunday of course. which is fine by me so long as he has both of his legs broken by the greek as well.

It's not only politics for which a week is a long time, it seems.

Do your feelings now for Torres match those you have for the poison dwarf?

Man U used to get 50 odd thousand in the 80s when they were going nowhere and crowds overall where lower, something Liverpuddle have failed to emulate after 1 bad season and have shown themselves up for what they are .

I spotted this comment which I thought was interesting. In the 1970 and 1980 Manu had the highest attendance record in 16 out of 20 years and never won the league. And beat Liverpool in attendance figures when they were in league division 2. So as Liverpool are really struggling to fill Anfield now and have never achieved over 50,000 attendance they clearly cant compete with ManU and Arsenal.

But everyone knows this and gate receipts are in fact peanuts in the scheme of things. Well they are 39% of ManU revenues but that is the highest in the world. Do you know how many global fans Man U has 333m. Do you know how many people are registered on facebook 500m and it is valued at US$50bn.

I have seen one (I am sure of very many consultancy reports) on any new stadium at Liverpool to compete with Arsenal and Manchester United. Over the long term it can only be achieved in one way. By Liverpool building an 80,000 seat stadium and charging 10 pound entry fee. Obviously this wont happen for 10 years or more (and may never). But it is a sort of Henry strategy. (Sorry the point about competing with Arsenal and ManU is that cant really charge 50 pounds if Liverpool are charging 10 pounds.)

Talk about easily pleased, Jesus..

WE are pleased because we have our club back.

Actually the people looking foolish on this thread are the people who have been attacking us....

First it was fans blame...

the owners

lack of investment

the manager

then when we stopped complaining you said

we had the wrong manager

owners who wouldnt invest

owners invested too much in crap

and fans who always complain

When in fact the fans are exceedingly happy... You still have a few more to go....

'the way you are investing you wont get in the top 4 next year' or perhaps even worst....

'why did you spend 35m on Carroll when your back 4 is still leaking goals'

It rather reminds me of what Henry says about some 'baseball knowledge' it is often so inherently stupid that you are not interested in discussing it in the first place. I mean what is one supposed to say =to someone who believes that Torres will make the perfect strike partner to 'Didier Drogba'. Or to someone who thinks 'Martin O'Neill should be the manager without any intervention from the owners'. (Not aimed at you Singh but just some responses.)

Stop complaining Abrak.

the biggest difference dev is in that the players are buzzing again, they've clearly been told to get at teams higher up the pitch and look to win the ball back. then to enjoy having it and to keep it. suarez looked great on his debut, loads of fire and skill. feels good to have our club back doesn't it?

still expecting that shallow cun_t torres to score against us on sunday of course. which is fine by me so long as he has both of his legs broken by the greek as well.

Actually I think one of the great things that have has happened over the last week is that we have suddenly lost our star player - Torres - and as a club we have taken it in our stride moved on and almost forgotten about him already. If it was G&H the money would have just disappeared into a debt hole. I am not saying we are better but not much worse off. Fans are rightly angry at Torres still but when it first happened they were depressed.

That what it really means about 'feeling good to have our club back'.

It does make me laugh when poster's say this, what do you actually mean ;) i'm sure iv'e heard the man u lot say the same :D

Please someone put me out of my misery, what does this mean ;):D

the biggest difference dev is in that the players are buzzing again, they've clearly been told to get at teams higher up the pitch and look to win the ball back. then to enjoy having it and to keep it. suarez looked great on his debut, loads of fire and skill. feels good to have our club back doesn't it?

Actually I think one of the great things that have has happened over the last week is that we have suddenly lost our star player - Torres - and as a club we have taken it in our stride moved on and almost forgotten about him already. If it was G&H the money would have just disappeared into a debt hole. I am not saying we are better but not much worse off. Fans are rightly angry at Torres still but when it first happened they were depressed.

That what it really means about 'feeling good to have our club back'.

It does make me laugh when poster's say this, what do you actually mean ;) i'm sure iv'e heard the man u lot say the same :D

Please someone put me out of my misery, what does this mean ;):D

Alfie, you don't understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan.

Actually the people looking foolish on this thread are the people who have been attacking us....

All cool but i don't really see any " attacks " by anyone..

I see non Liverpool Supporters pointing out the truth ( like my last Post ), & i see Liverpool Supporters instead of agreeing with the truth, on some kind of wacky crusade to try & dissprove the brutal truth & reality of the situation & under a false illusion that everything's rosey, when it's not.

Of course, every Club to make progress must win Games, but all this " Thank you King Kenny ", " Steve Clarke is the Man ", " We've turned it round ", " Total control ", " The Liverpool way " etc is absolute sh*t as, as i pointed out, you've won at Wolves who are bottom, beat a Fulham Team who have won one Away Game in 18 Months & beat a Stoke Team without argubly their most important Player, Shawcross & only managed a draw against the worst Everton side for Years..

You should thank your lucky stars Dalglish's first 5 League Games were what they were.

As i said, easily pleased..

All cool but i don't really see any " attacks " by anyone..

I see non Liverpool Supporters pointing out the truth ( like my last Post ), & i see Liverpool Supporters instead of agreeing with the truth, on some kind of wacky crusade to try & dissprove the brutal truth & reality of the situation & under a false illusion that everything's rosey, when it's not.

Of course, every Club to make progress must win Games, but all this " Thank you King Kenny ", " Steve Clarke is the Man ", " We've turned it round ", " Total control ", " The Liverpool way " etc is absolute sh*t as, as i pointed out, you've won at Wolves who are bottom, beat a Fulham Team who have won one Away Game in 18 Months & beat a Stoke Team without argubly their most important Player, Shawcross & only managed a draw against the worst Everton side for Years..

You should thank your lucky stars Dalglish's first 5 League Games were what they were.

were gonna smash you all over anfield on march the 6th. jap.gif

It's not only politics for which a week is a long time, it seems.

Do your feelings now for Torres match those you have for the poison dwarf?

similar i suppose yeah. both of them fuc_ked the club over through their dishonesty, and since i value the club over all, they've lost all their hero worship priveleges.

First it was fans blame...

the owners

lack of investment

the manager

then when we stopped complaining you said

we had the wrong manager

owners who wouldnt invest

owners invested too much in crap

and fans who always complain

When in fact the fans are exceedingly happy... You still have a few more to go....

'the way you are investing you wont get in the top 4 next year' or perhaps even worst....

'why did you spend 35m on Carroll when your back 4 is still leaking goals'

It rather reminds me of what Henry says about some 'baseball knowledge' it is often so inherently stupid that you are not interested in discussing it in the first place. I mean what is one supposed to say =to someone who believes that Torres will make the perfect strike partner to 'Didier Drogba'. Or to someone who thinks 'Martin O'Neill should be the manager without any intervention from the owners'. (Not aimed at you Singh but just some responses.)

good post. LFC fans are happy again because it feels like we have our club back out of the hands of frauds and charlatans. don't know why so many other clubs' fans are so desperate to have a pop. and don't really care either to be honest. i feel stupidly optimistic again.

nah, that misses the point. we're just glad to find that for the first time in a while the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train. sorry if that bothers you m.

Stevie it doesn't bother me at all, what bothers me is teh fact that if you were to believe what certain Supporters of your Team write on this thread, you'd think you were a great Team all of a sudden since Dalglish came in when the reality is you lost at Blackpool, Old Trafford, drew with teh worst Everton Team in Years, beat the bottom of the Table Team, a Fulham Team who haven't won away for 18 Months & Stoke who were msising their Club Captain who is their main Centre Half, set piece threat & argubly best Player..

As i said & for the 3rd time, easily pleased..

nah, that misses the point. we're just glad to find that for the first time in a while the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train. sorry if that bothers you m.

Stevie it doesn't bother me at all, what bothers me is teh fact that if you were to believe what certain Supporters of your Team write on this thread, you'd think you were a great Team all of a sudden since Dalglish came in when the reality is you lost at Blackpool, Old Trafford, drew with teh worst Everton Team in Years, beat the bottom of the Table Team, a Fulham Team who haven't won away for 18 Months & Stoke who were msising their Club Captain who is their main Centre Half, set piece threat & argubly best Player..

well then you're looking at the small picture while liverpool fans are looking at a much larger one mate. nobody's saying everything is rosy, but it's a dam_n sight rosier than talking about potential administration six months ago.

Great game and win that...

3 wins in a row now. Defense looking solid - Well done that man Steve Clark!

Controlled the ball, controlled the game, pass and move The Liverpool Way - Thank You King Kenny

SUREZ instant impact instant hit :D

It's Clarke..

Do i have to point out that you are saying thank to someone who has got you an Away win the bottom Club in the Prem, a Home Win against a Fulham Side who have won 1 Away Game in 18 Months & a Stoke side missing their Club Captain in the Centre of their Defence ??

Or would that be too honest for you & not fit into your way of thinking, when sticking your fingers in your ears & covering your eyes to the truth ??

Is that really such a monumental achievemnet ??

If it is, it just shows how much of an awful state your Club is in.

You did manage to get a draw at Home against the worst Everton side for 5 plus Years though so that's another positive i'd guess..

Love your posts Singh please keep them coming.

Nothing is going to take away the buzz I still have after watching the game last night :D

nobody's saying everything is rosy,

I beg to differ..

======

Controlled the ball, controlled the game, pass and move The Liverpool Way - Thank You King Kenny

SUREZ instant impact instant hit

SUREZ instant impact instant hit :D

It's Clarke..

Do i have to point out that you are saying thank to someone who has got you an Away win the bottom Club in the Prem, a Home Win against a Fulham Side who have won 1 Away Game in 18 Months & a Stoke side missing their Club Captain in the Centre of their Defence ??

Or would that be too honest for you & not fit into your way of thinking, when sticking your fingers in your ears & covering your eyes to the truth ??

Is that really such a monumental achievemnet ??

If it is, it just shows how much of an awful state your Club is in.

You did manage to get a draw at Home against the worst Everton side for 5 plus Years though so that's another positive i'd guess..

Love your posts Singh please keep them coming.

Nothing is going to take away the buzz I still have after watching the game last night :D

There's nothing to love about them, i'm just pointing out what your naivety & Red Tinted Spectacles fails to notice..

I'm glad you're winning anyway & i want you to finish as high as you possibly can, above T*ttingham.

Edited by MSingh

I beg to differ..

======

what's wrong with that? we're enjoying watching the team again, kenny's manager again and roy's a bad dream, nesv look like delivering on their promises. we not allowed to enjoy watching our team again after six months of a berk in charge and three years of the club being asset-stripped? come on man, lighten up eh?

I beg to differ..

======

what's wrong with that? we're enjoying watching the team again, kenny's manager again and roy's a bad dream, nesv look like delivering on their promises. we not allowed to enjoy watching our team again after six months of a berk in charge and three years of the club being asset-stripped? come on man, lighten up eh?

You said " nobody's saying it's rosy " i posted that showing why i beg to differ..

Nothing's wrong with it, except the fact that it's nonsense .

It's my mistake thinking taht Liverpool are a top Club, when you quite obviously aren't at the moment & that's clear in what it's Supporters write on here & how easily pleased you all seem to be, & for that i apologise.

It is pretty simple really. I do believe that most Liverpool supporters believe that the club will be back amongst the top 4 in 5 years time and given the quality (or lack of it) of the team and our current position that might appear highly optimistic. If we were a mid table club and not just currently a mid table team I would also agree it is delusional. But we are basically out to buy the best players to win the league in 5 years time so at least that is a good start. And why you should expect for Kenny to get anything other than 'better' results rather than 'good' results from the current squad I have no idea.

It is pretty simple really. I do believe that most Liverpool supporters believe that the club will be back amongst the top 4 in 5 years time and given the quality (or lack of it) of the team and our current position that might appear highly optimistic. If we were a mid table club and not just currently a mid table team I would also agree it is delusional. But we are basically out to buy the best players to win the league in 5 years time so at least that is a good start. And why you should expect for Kenny to get anything other than 'better' results rather than 'good' results from the current squad I have no idea.

Best Post on the Thread & i'm in full agreement..

But the question Singh is do you think we are 'delusional' in believing we are going to be back amongst the top 4 or do you think it is 'optimistic' but a 'reasonable expectation'.

I will tell you why I go with the 'latter.'

You see 'Liverpool' is like a 'Gucci handbag'. As someone put it very clearly every single Liverpool supporter is a 'glory hunter'. Nothing but being at the top at the end will do. Lots of 'real fans' will tell you otherwise but it is not true. And I differentiate ourselves totally from Everton, Sunderland, Aston Villa blah blah blah etc who never ever really expect to reach these heights unless some stupid rich Arab comes along.

And then the argument simply becomes circular. I know FSG will invest in the team or they wouldnt have bought it in the first place. Suarez, Carroll and the next few guys will join because it is a chance to get into a top team when it is down. FSG have a calculator. Spurs have no fundamentals. Mid table is not a concept.

And the reason I am extremely confident is because I do stats. And FSG aim to win the league and they do stats. And as Liverpool has really not got even close to winning the league in a meaningful sense over the last 20 years they are clearly planning on some fairly aggressive replacement of the underlying fundamentals. Anyway top 4 will do me.

What the f***? Just got online after working all day here, looks like I've missed an amazing day. Carroll for 35 million pounds? Had a great season but, c'mon, really? 35 million?

brilliant young talent + january window premium + our urgent need to replace torres + english tax = £35m. rooney cost £30m and he was about as proven as carroll.

i know it's a lot but it's a moneyball signing. he's an investment for the next five or six years and should, hopefully, just get better and better. plus he's homegrown so helps the quota thing.

Have to disagree with you here StevieH, Rooney was well proven when he went to Manure, Carroll has had a decent half season that's all.

Suspect though that he will turn out to be almost worth the money.

He has looked very good for 3 seasons.

Looked very good to who?

Oh I see, right. :)

I'm sure he'll do a good job for them, just not 35 milion worth of a job..

But the question Singh is do you think we are 'delusional' in believing we are going to be back amongst the top 4 or do you think it is 'optimistic' but a 'reasonable expectation'.

You see 'Liverpool' is like a 'Gucci handbag'. As someone put it very clearly every single Liverpool supporter is a 'glory hunter'. Nothing but being at the top at the end will do. Lots of 'real fans' will tell you otherwise but it is not true. And I differentiate ourselves totally from Everton, Sunderland, Aston Villa blah blah blah etc who never ever really expect to reach these heights unless some stupid rich Arab comes along.

And then the argument simply becomes circular. I know FSG will invest in the team or they wouldnt have bought it in the first place. Suarez, Carroll and the next few guys will join because it is a chance to get into a top team when it is down. FSG have a calculator. Spurs have no fundamentals. Mid table is not a concept.

And the reason I am extremely confident is because I do stats. And FSG aim to win the league and they do stats. And as Liverpool has really not got even close to winning the league in a meaningful sense over the last 20 years they are clearly planning on some fairly aggressive replacement of the underlying fundamentals. Anyway top 4 will do me.

Yeah I applaud your glorious leaders £8m investment. What about the midfield? Gerrard aint getting any younger you know....:D

youre at whu onthe 27th,whether youre :"extremely" confident or not,

youre not malasyiian are ya ??????? stats?????? day do do dat dont day do

youre at whu onthe 27th,whether youre :"extremely" confident or not,

youre not malasyiian are ya ??????? stats?????? day do do dat dont day do

you do stats !!!!!, CARE TO ELABORATEon your last 19yearsstats, YOU DRIBBLING GERIATRIC NO MARK, SAD ACHT :P

Well i have a Scouse Friend funnily enough who believes Football has Cycles & you'll have " your turn " again soon, you can kind of compare it to what you're saying about your Stats, trouble is i'm not sure if it's true & think it' just wishful thinking/desperation to regain success..

You're right in a lot of other stay you say though for sure..

As far as the question goes, the answer comes with what you said about an awful lot of LFC Supporters being Glory Hunters when you use the word " We ", i'm pretty sure there is only 1 Scouse Liverpool Supporter on thsi Thread for example & the others would be LFC Supporters because of previous success & even if they say " it was my Dad " etc, he would have chosen to support them due to that anyway & so on & so forth..

I don't think you'd be delusional for thinking that you will one day be back in teh Top 4 although i'd be hard to pressed to say who'd drop out from City, Chelsea, Arse & Mna United who will finish in those positions this Year.

But i do think certain Posters on here are delusional in saying that everything is great at Anfield right now, because to anyone with half a brain or anyone who knows the first thing about Football, it isn't..

& i'm not so sure if LFC are planning on aggressive fundamentals, as if they were, wouldn't they appoint a Full Time Manager of the Club first & foremost so everyone knows where they stand ??

Not EVERY Club can be Top 4 although there are better odds on acheiving that than winning the League, if i was a betting Man i'd feel pretty comfortable in betting you'd do neither in the next couple of Years & would be minimum of 5 Years away from doign the latter, at least, as i see no evidence at all at this stage of any stability or a Team capable of winning teh League taking any shape at all, even after admittedly only the first FSG Transfer Window in which they've spent 60m bbut had to let go a Player that would undoubtedly be first name on the Team Sheet if youw ere to acheive or even try to acheive, either of those things....

Edited by MSingh

Well i have a Scouse Friend funnily enough who believes Football has Cycles & you'll have " your turn " again soon, you can kind of compare it to what you're saying about your Stats, trouble is i'm not sure if it's true & think it' just wishful thinking/desperation to regain success..

As far as the question goes, the answer comes with what you said about an awful lot of LFC Supporters being Glory Hunters when you use the word " We ", i'm pretty sure there is only 1 Scouse Liverpool Supporter on thsi Thread for example & the others would be LFC Supporters because of previous success & even if they say " it was my Dad " etc, he would have chosen to support them due to that anyway & so on & so forth..

I don't think you'd be delusional for thinking that you will one day be back in teh Top 4 although i'd be hard to pressed to say who'd drop out from City, Chelsea, Arse & Mna United who will finish in those positions this Year.

But i do think certain Posters on here are delusional in saying that everything is great at Anfield right now, because to anyone with half a brain or anyone who knows the first thing about Football, it isn't..

& i'm not so sure if LFC are planning on aggressive fundamentals, as if they were, wouldn't they appoint a Full Time Manager of the Club first & foremost so everyone knows where they stand ??

Not EVERY Club can be Top 4 although there are better odds on acheiving that than winning the League, if i was a betting Man i'd feel pretty comfortable in betting you'd do neither in the next couple of Years & would be minimum of 5 Years away from doign the latter, at least, as i see no evidence at all at this stage of any stability or a Team capable of winning teh League taking any shape at all, even after admittedly only the first FSG Transfer Window in which they've spent 60m bbut had to let go a Player that would undoubtedly be first name on the Team Sheet if youw ere to acheive or even try to acheive, either of those things....

When I say FSG and Henry in particular are entirely objective and analytical and actually often believe that 'collective knowledge' is wrong you will know that appointing a full time manager is about the last decision they will make. Commolli is basically a stats geek I would guess and uses statistics to reduce risk while Henry has made his living taking calculated gambles. What Henry would never do is buy Liverpool because it was a great club or believe that if he bought 4 or 5 good players Liverpool would magically get back in the top 4.

I suspect he knew that the team was pretty crap when he bought it as there was little to indicate it was going to have a good year. Clearly leaving Hodgson in charge and standing well back was a very low risk strategy. An 'easy' decision would be to have made Kenny caretaker but I am sure he couldnt justify the risk. The reason that I am fairly confident is because if you look at the probability of Liverpool getting back permanently in the top 4 it is really fairly low. Essentially Arsenal and ManU have infinitely better underlying fundamentals and Chelsea and Man City are owned by two people with unlimited wealth. He would also know that farting around at 5th is the worst possible strategy. That Liverpool's matchday revenue fundamentals are terrible and I have no idea how he thinks Liverpool can beat all four. It certainly wont be based on him simply buying better value players.

So as a gamble it looks a pretty bad one to start with and worst of all even if he wins the fans will basically say we are only back where we deserve to be. I would also be very confident that he wouldnt underestimate the challenge or believe that the underlying team was really good already. So basically it looks like a crap gamble and he has decided to take it on so he clearly has some plan that has convinced him that the odds are in his favour.

When I say FSG and Henry in particular are entirely objective and analytical and actually often believe that 'collective knowledge' is wrong you will know that appointing a full time manager is about the last decision they will make. Commolli is basically a stats geek I would guess and uses statistics to reduce risk while Henry has made his living taking calculated gambles. What Henry would never do is buy Liverpool because it was a great club or believe that if he bought 4 or 5 good players Liverpool would magically get back in the top 4.

I suspect he knew that the team was pretty crap when he bought it as there was little to indicate it was going to have a good year. Clearly leaving Hodgson in charge and standing well back was a very low risk strategy. An 'easy' decision would be to have made Kenny caretaker but I am sure he couldnt justify the risk. The reason that I am fairly confident is because if you look at the probability of Liverpool getting back permanently in the top 4 it is really fairly low. Essentially Arsenal and ManU have infinitely better underlying fundamentals and Chelsea and Man City are owned by two people with unlimited wealth. He would also know that farting around at 5th is the worst possible strategy. That Liverpool's matchday revenue fundamentals are terrible and I have no idea how he thinks Liverpool can beat all four. It certainly wont be based on him simply buying better value players.

So as a gamble it looks a pretty bad one to start with and worst of all even if he wins the fans will basically say we are only back where we deserve to be. I would also be very confident that he wouldnt underestimate the challenge or believe that the underlying team was really good already. So basically it looks like a crap gamble and he has decided to take it on so he clearly has some plan that has convinced him that the odds are in his favour.

I'll take those 3 Points that i bolded & underlined above & raise you whatever you want as they are the most contradicting points you've made so far which, if true, simply make no sense at all in regards to a potentially successful Plan for LFC..;)

I'll take those 3 Points that i bolded & underlined above & raise you whatever you want as they are the most contradicting points you've made so far which, if true, simply make no sense at all in regards to a potentially successful Plan for LFC..;)

Full time Manager

1) It is a very important decision so you should take your time and get it right

2) JHenry and Co know next to nothing about football so they obviously wouldnt feel they were in a position to judge who should be the full time manager

3) Iy would be irresponsible of them to offer the job to anyone as they did not have a management team in place to support the manager

4) They clearly were not prepared to back him with capital because they had no infrastructure to see it was properly spent

5) And quite frankly they could have chosen a full time manager and trusted him to spend their money for him but they did not wish the entire fan base to think that they were complete idiots and irresponsible

Arsenal and Man Utd superior fundamentals

1) Basically your fundamentals are driven by your revenue base which decides how much you have to spend.

2) Both Arsenal and Man Utd have large stadiums with 100m match day revenues compared to 40m for Liverpool

3) Man Utds other revenues are miles ahead so to a lesser extent are Arsenals

4) Both have very good squads particularly Arsenal with bags of potential

5) Liverpool have a stadium to do something to which add very little revenue and a squad that needs a lot of spending

I am was suggesting that common sense tells you it is a bad gamble to assume you can return on a fairly permanent basis in the top 4. If Arsenal and ManU have a 100m revenue advantage on you. And Chelsea and Man City owners are infinitely wealthy. Etc... Essentially you have sound reasons for not trying to compete against them because you are virtually guaranteed to lose. If Jhenry thought it was a bad gamble he wouldnt take it on. So he clearly as a plan where he believes the odds are he will win.