Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Hey Abrak, you really do follow the policy of why use 3 words when 1001 will do!!! :D

To be honest, I dont know if you are making a good point or not, my attention span doesnt normally last to the end of the post. But it looks good on paper :thumbsup:

biggrin.gif

On a recent trip down to a bar on Sukhumvit, i drove down the wrong soi. It turned out to be one-way and went on for what seemed like miles. I turned off it into a soi that seemed to be heading back in the right direction, but it narrowed down to about the size of a footpath and took me on a myriad of tight twists and turns. I thought i would never get out. When i finally arrived at the bar it was close to closing, i was exhausted and had forgotten why i even went there in the first place. Was it to meet to meet a girl or meet a mate? Or had i gone there just for a quiet beer? <deleted> if i knew.

I am sure that there is a mathematical or statistical equation, that you could have used to save you all that trouble!! Or is there? Theres got to be a book on it somewhere! :o

Actually its called a GPS.

Anyway my point is that I am entitled to rant about Liverpool because I am a Liverpool supporter. I happen to know next to nothing about football but I analyse data for a living. And data does tell you stuff objectively. Blackpool for instance stood the highest chance of being relegated before the season began. Whether stability of management is valuable to a team is a testifiable statistical fact. I could argue with you whether WBA actually changing their manager now is a sensible risk given their relatively low probability of relegation in any case.

Now admittedly risk variance uncertainty cost benefit time value probability subjective psychology is all incredibly boring stuff to some people and doesnt go down well over a pint of beer when most people like to restrict the conversation to 'its a game a of two halves' 'just get the best manager and the best players and you will be alright' 'look its pretty simple the team that scores the most goals wins the game and the team that wins the most games wins the league - lets not pretend it is rocket science.' Now I would agree that knowing the net present risk adjusted value of David Villa at 22 is not particularly interesting and exactly how you go about exactly working out the theoretical value is even more boring. It certainly is relevent though.

Then you comes to the likes of Singh who says that Carroll's previous year's football was in the championship as though this was some incredible relevation that is a huge surprise to Liverpool. And of course he could point out that Suarez's scoring record was in Holland and not the EPL. I dont know foot ball but I guess Liverpool football club know that.

In other words Henry as recently as yesterday says that he knows nothing about football which is why he employs Commolli and Kenny etc. As far as stuff goes he knows far more about what he knows than the likes of Singh. And he also knows far more about what he doesnt know than the likes of Singh. So anyone assuming he is foolish is not a good start.

I dont know where 'non Liverpool supporters' get off. Are you simply being foolish deliberately to stir up debate and division amongst Liverpool fans because you support another team? Do you wish someone to tell you how to adapt pythagorean expectation theory to make it relevant for soccer data? do you think it isnt relevant? More to the point Henry doesnt even live in the world of knowing what you and me know, he lives in the world of taking everything we both know and using it against us.

So yes I do get 'animated' when supporters of 'other clubs' tells us that our owners are 'fools' based on their 'detailed knowledge of fuc_kall' simply because it suits their agenda doesnt it in any case. It would actually start to worry and piss you off if Liverpool were actually heading in the right direction and starting to make the right decisions. It upsets them that we can be happy with Kenny as manager when he is losing because we know there is more to a manager than short term results. So you criticize the manager when he is losing and the fans adore him and then you criticize the fans for adoring him when the results are good because it is a 'long rong road to the top' and a 'few results dont mean much'.

Look let us not pretend anything other than the only reason that anyone ever expressed support for Hodgson as a manager of Liverpool is because they knew for fuc_king certain that while he was manager the club was going absolutely bloody nowhere. And you would like to look at Liverpool with Torres sulking in the reserves because he got pissed off and wanted to leave and we got pissed off with him for wanting to leave. And everyone was simply pissed off. But we sold him and moved on and now it is Chelsea who are scratching their heads and wondering why they paid 50m for him in such a hurry. Liverpool are left to consider whether Carroll should wear a red hair band or cut his hair - oh unless we didnt know (shock news from Singh) that he is currently injured.

BTW I type at 80 words a minute and we do all have 24 hours in a day.

Suarez looks quality! Works his socks of doesn't he... was very unlucky not to of had two goals - hit the post and bar and great movement and touch.

We lacked the final ball today and a few of the players looked very leggy.

Happy with a draw in the end as Wigan played well.

Edited by Devil

Just dropped by to see who was gloating. Shock horror - dead quiet from the usual suspects - lack of killer touch.

Bit like the Reds unfortunately - I was really hoping you guys could storm back and break their hearts at White Hart Lane

Just dropped by to see who was gloating. Shock horror - dead quiet from the usual suspects - lack of killer touch.

Bit like the Reds unfortunately - I was really hoping you guys could storm back and break their hearts at White Hart Lane

Dream on...the Lane awaits.....COYS

Why and how santi? i have no idea what you are talking about. Our aspirations of fourth died at the end of the transfer window when the realisation hit us like a sledge hammer to the balls that we would have to rely on 2 Meter Peter to score regularily, already in the knowledge that Defoe could'nt buy a goal. So are you talking about the scousers beating us at Anfield later in the season? You might be taking too keener interest in us if thats the case and should spend more time working out the goal untensil that is otherwise known as your defence.

Have a lovely day. ;)

Result was good, performance could have been better.

Just looking at the other games for the last 16, some tricky ones me thinks. Do we know who we can meet in the last eight?

don't think it's decided yet is it? there'll be a draw again for the quarters?

wish i was going to the braga away leg, their stadium is something else.

Result was good, performance could have been better.

Just looking at the other games for the last 16, some tricky ones me thinks. Do we know who we can meet in the last eight?

don't think it's decided yet is it? there'll be a draw again for the quarters?

wish i was going to the braga away leg, their stadium is something else.

Well done to you and Man City. I always like to see the English teams do well in Europe regardless of normal domestic rivalries. And it's not just Liverpool fans who are waiting with relish to see Carroll back on a park.

team is in for the irons match:

reina

skrtel carragher wilson

kelly johnson

lucas gerrard meireles

kuyt suarez

Like this line up - very solid. Just hope there's no European hangover.

Young Wilson in his first league game did well in Europa league - chuffed to bits to see Kelly and Wilson now looking part of the first 11.

reina

skrtel carragher wilson

kelly johnson

lucas gerrard meireles

kuyt suarez

Like this line up - very solid. Just hope there's no European hangover.

Young Wilson in his first league game did well in Europa league - chuffed to bits to see Kelly and Wilson now looking part of the first 11.

like the look of wilson a lot, hope he has a good one today. no robbie keane for them i believe.

Ouch... shocking first half, outplayed and out fought.

Cant see us getting back in to his now! and Kelly pulled up with a hamstring pull by the looks of it.

trust me scousers we are shit and we ran youre hopeless lot ragged, i aint shocked as i knew we were not crap . but knew you are

call yourselves and king kenny and his styyle of football ???????? but that was the easiest 3 points ive seen from our shit teaM

BTW FACK OFF

reina

skrtel carragher wilson

kelly johnson

lucas gerrard meireles

kuyt suarez

Like this line up - very solid.

Yeah, i thought you were superb..

Good side Liverpool..

" Controlled the ball, controlled the game, pass and move The Liverpool Way - Thank You King Kenny "

:)

reina

skrtel carragher wilson

kelly johnson

lucas gerrard meireles

kuyt suarez

Good side Liverpool..

" Controlled the ball, controlled the game, pass and move The Liverpool Way - Thank You King Kenny "

Certainly was no bloody pass and move going on, Its the way in which we played that is more disappointing than the loss.

Got what we deserved, no complaints. Thought West Ham's Captain had another blinder and looks like you might have a few more goals in you this season.

Manc's next ...nothing like a home game against the Mancs to give us kick up the back side and give the lads a chance to redeem themselves!

Good side Liverpool..

Certainly was no bloody pass and move going on, Its the way in which we played that is more disappointing than the loss.

Got what we deserved, no complaints. Thought West Ham's Captain had another blinder and looks like you might have a few more goals in you this season.

Manc's next ...nothing like a home game against the Mancs to give us kick up the back side and give the lads a chance to redeem themselves!

It's the other end where our problems are as usual, but i'd say that was pretty much as at full strength & we're not a bottom 3 side at full strength..

& would you believe Upson's our Captain, not Parker, madness in my opinion but there we go..

Edited by MSingh

Interview with Alan Kennedy, ex football player/star for Liverpool & several other clubs & England national team, about upcoming games in Phuket at Surakul Stadium on June 18 & also in Bangkok in June 2011 by Liverpool Legends team aiming to raise about 5 million baht for Youth Football Home for Thai children in Thalang, Phuket and grass roots football in Thailand. They plan to stay at Hilton Phuket Arcadia hotel in Karon and also conduct local coaching clinics as well. .......
The following is quoted from 9active.com facebook page: "Alan Kennedy, a member of Liverpool Legends, LFC Past Players Association team is visiting Thailand for football clinics and press conference launch for their tour scheduled in June 2011. Tour will include matches in Bangkok and Phuket against the "Legends of Thailand" celebrity and past superstars team. ‎"LEGENDS of LIVERPOOL" fund raising tour of Thailand 2011, brought to you by Powerair Management in partnership with 9 active "the ultimate in Sports Partnerships" 9active is proud to be partnering with the following event in June 2011 Thailand. "LEGENDS of LIVERPOOL" fund raising tour of Thailand 2011. ".......

My interview was done on Saturday 19 February outside studio of 91.5 FM Phuket Island Radio www.phuketfmradio.com after their live radio interview with Alan, with thanks for their kind cooperation