Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Heh carmine well let's see how much they get for Reina...and then how much they spend net over the summer...if you know what i mean. ;)

King Kenny will be staying...cheapest option and fits in well....as to his tactical nous in Europe etc...well that's not an issue now is it? :D

Excuse me!!

But what has this Suarez done? enlighten me please? :ermm:

I think he looks really good and i wish we had bought him. Now bog off to the Manure thread and stop trying to stir things up. :D

you would say that cos you thought your lot had him lol....ok get back to it and i will go back to where it matters in a winning thread! :P

Wait until he loses his rag and starts biting people!

Excuse me!!

But what has this Suarez done? enlighten me please? :ermm:

I think he looks really good and i wish we had bought him. Now bog off to the Manure thread and stop trying to stir things up. :D

Hmmm wannabee mod strikes again.....look out everyone....:ph34r:

Oh come on Singh, you know exactly what that means! 'Why try to convince some one who thinks they know it all in the first place'

And I only say that because that is exactly how you seem to come across on here of late and unfortunately a totally different person to who I know in the real world when I have spoken to you :)

Lighten up please, and at least try to have some respect for other posters or at least myself even if you disagree with my opinions. Its used to be fun with you 'a bit of banter and all that'. Just remember there just my football opinions and mostly about the club I love and nothing more.

I know you get bored on the Spurs thread at times. I mean you have been stalking them now near on 4+ years...I get that though I do. The Spurs threads is clearly an obsession for you with them being your larger and more successful neighbours its like the bitter Toffee's that sometimes make an appearance on our thread :D

There's a subtext to your comment about loving your club. I mean, why state it? We all love our clubs, don't we?

I think the issue here is we all have a different take on what it means to love our club. For some, perhaps it means being blind is ok.

Take for example Seapok - for him there is a code and an honour that must be obeyed. When all the crap was coming out about Terry, he refused to come out and say that the man is a <deleted> and a disgrace, because he thinks that as a Chelsea supporter, you just don't do that. Oldgit on the other hand, did come out and say what all the supporters of all the other clubs were saying and thinking.

I respect that: being able to be honest and candid about your own club, because for myself, i have never cared about following any code. Loving my club doesn't for me mean defending it at all times, and especially not the players, and especially not when they <deleted> up, as sadly, some of them often do.

The fact that none of the Liverpool supporters came on here a few months ago, and said that whilst they thought Hodgson was doing a terrible job, they didn't agree with the way certain fans had turned so poisonously on him, i thought was a bit sad. Perhaps you all supported the actions of those fans? Or perhaps you didn't, but couldn't bring yourselves to publicly speak out against your own fans? Seapok's aforementioned code coming into play. Whatever the reason, i felt some disappointment. Still, life goes on, and i'm sure, you couldn't care less about what a United supporter thought if you tried. Now that i can respect.

:D

I just think the point in question is whether or not the fans would be so patient if the manager was'nt "King Kenny." I certainly don't think they would be at all happy do you? It won't change until theres a full time appointment and a long term strategy in place which. Is Kenny the right man for a longtem strategy? I'm Interested to hear what the guys on here think about this.

I've said this before on here...........Dalglish doesn't figure in any long term stratgy that the owners are slowly putting in place, and i don't think Kenny himself likes the idea of being answerable to a director of football, or whatever they are calling Damian Comolli these days.

But, the owners have backed themselves into a corner, somewhat, by trying to be seen as the opposite of the pair of clowns that preceded them. They made too much of "listening to the fans" And, IMO they are yet to show their true colours.

You can bet your last few Baht on them combing the world, looking for a manager that would work UNDER Commoli, and just motivate those players he is given to work with, with little or no input as to who those players are, before having to "settle for" Dalglish as CARETAKER manager.

Don't forget, Kenny is "old school" These owners want new

On a seperate note.....shame about Jan Fairclough :(

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rip-jan-fairclough-ynwa

Penkoprod

Again in English please ^^ ??

Oh come on Singh, you know exactly what that means! 'Why try to convince some one who thinks they know it all in the first place'

And I only say that because that is exactly how you seem to come across on here of late and unfortunately a totally different person to who I know in the real world when I have spoken to you :)

Lighten up please, and at least try to have some respect for other posters or at least myself even if you disagree with my opinions. Its used to be fun with you 'a bit of banter and all that'. Just remember there just my football opinions and mostly about the club I love and nothing more.

I know you get bored on the Spurs thread at times. I mean you have been stalking them now near on 4+ years...I get that though I do. The Spurs threads is clearly an obsession for you with them being your larger and more successful neighbours its like the bitter Toffee's that sometimes make an appearance on our thread :D

Hang on a minute, are you insinutaing that i wouldn't call you a complete Mushroom to your face Dev because of your Footballing views ?????????????

The only difference between there & here is that there you could hear me laugh whilst here you just get to see these :D & can choose to interpret tham however you want & even ignore them, which you can't do with a laugh or can't do with me when i'm standing in front of you..

You can & do ignore things on here though, quite regulary in fact & i personally find that disrespectful but at the same time, it only tells me about the individual & what they're all about.

You certainly are not obliged to respond however, of course i know that..

For the record Dev, i don't believe i have ever disrespected you on here & i actuallly am quite sad to think you feel that i have, i thought you knew me a bit better than doing some like that & knew that if i wanted to disrespect you, i would, but wouldn't as i understand that this is a Game about opinions..

I was wrong on something about you though, that i admit, i didn't realise you were so one eyed where Liverpool were concerned & i thought that we could on this Forum, talk about things Liverpool/West Ham whatever, without being so one eyed on them like i'm not..

It all comes down to what Rix said ^^..

It also comes down to soemthing i've said before about many Posters on thsi Forum that wouldn't know what Bnater was if it smashed them in teh face, again that's anothe rmistake i've made by assuming everyone did..

:jap:

A lot was said about Liverpool supporters and Hodegson. Some fans went about it the wrong way I agree it isn't or wasn't the Liverpool way but given the past 3 years under those owners patience had run well and truly out (think Carmine asked about patience earlier) but the end result was what we all wanted and were thinking. It was clear the Club was divided and had no direction from just a few years before taking guaranteed CL football for granted.

- What got me even before Kenny was appointed was that all you non LFC followers actually all ridiculed the idea of him returning - what was it... "a decade out of the game what a joke that is" - and now you questioning his performance as Liverpool manager already?? Priceless, it really is - I will be absolutly speechless if Kenny isnt give 2-3 years contract.

We knew the season was already over in terms of winning anything when Kenny stepped in but to be in 6th now compared to 3 months ago seems a lifetime ago when we were as low as 19th at one point!

Even a few got excited again with a glimmer of hope of CL spot such was the belief Kenny brought but also backed up by results on the pitch but it was always going to be too late. Its been a massive turn around not just on the pitch but all areas the club as Stevie H said "we got our Club back" the past 3 years of hell seem to be behind us.

- The squad yet again is questioned time and again. Yet we have a core of quality in this squad

I have highlighted our weak areas in the starting x11. I believe we are missing 3-4 quality signings (60+ million quid)

Reina

Johnson ?? Agger ??

Lucas

Gerrard Meireles

Suarez ??

Carroll

Bench - Kuyt, Kelly...

And given we wont be in Europe will depth be a big factor now? note sure about that. Signs that there is talented youth coming through already with the likes of Kelly, Wilson and Spearing as squad players who have all performed well when thrown in.

The only question for me that remains is how much will the owners invest this season and who we can attract.

Edited by Devil

- What got me even before Kenny was appointed was that all you non LFC followers actually all ridiculed the idea of him returning - what was it... "a decade out of the game what a joke that is" - and now you questioning his performance as Liverpool manager already?? Priceless, it really is - I will be absolutly speechless if Kenny isnt give 2-3 years contract.

What got me was all you LFC followers felt it was ok to undermine your previous Manager..

Also, what was it that one of you said " he's the same as Cancer " & another said " he's (Hodgson) a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old get "

Then of course some of you found it good that Torres allegedly refuse to Train under his guidance..

- The squad yet again is questioned time and again. Yet we have a core of quality in this squad

I have highlighted our weak areas in the starting x11. I believe we are missing 3-4 quality signings (60+ million quid)

Reina

Johnson ?? Agger ??

Lucas

Gerrard Meireles

Suarez ??

Carroll

Bench - Kuyt, Kelly...

And given we wont be in Europe will depth be a big factor now? note sure about that. Signs that there is talented youth coming through already with the likes of Kelly, Wilson and Spearing as squad players who have all performed well when thrown in.

The only question for me that remains is how much will the owners invest this season and who we can attract.

I agree with your core 7 players but 3 or 4 quality signings would only give a fairly bare minimum team. It is ok I guess but I dont think you could call it a competitive squad against any of the top 4 teams (not even Tottenham really). And remember they are going to be busy in the summer too. (You only need look at our backline tomorrow and you have to think we cant be serious playing against Man City.)

There has to be some depth in the 1st team - Agger is made of glass and Gerrard is unlikely to give us an injury free season. Without Europe we probably dont need a full 25 squad of 1st teams and the likes of Spearing Shelvey and Wilson can be back up. I still think we need a squad of 18 1st team footballers.

11 top players and 7 on the bench. You could possibly add Carragher to Kelly and Kuyt. Still that really means that the club needs 8 players. Maybe 4 quality players and 4 decent team players (say the likes of Charlie Adam.)

I think we will be able to recruit some quality because there are plenty of places that a player can walk straight into on the team.

Still this will require a lot of money. Even if FSG put up the money, they cant afford (unlike Man City and Chelsea) to buy many duds. There also seems little point to me in strengthening the team half way so that we likely end up 5th or 6th. There is a very large void between 5th and 7th. Remember that Sunderland were 6th when KD was appointed and they now look like relegation material. You cant have a CL teams cost structure without having the benefit of regularly playing in the CL.

There is plenty of deadwood to be got rid of .....Paulsen, Ngog, Konchesky, Soto, Jovanovic, Cole, Pacheco, Skrtel, Aquilani...etc....

What got me was all you LFC followers felt it was ok to undermine your previous Manager..

Also, what was it that one of you said " he's the same as Cancer " & another said " he's (Hodgson) a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old get "

Then of course some of you found it good that Torres allegedly refuse to Train under his guidance..

I totally agree with you Singer,and at the time i also stated that what will happen to Dalglish if the same shit went down??.....oh no it wont will it just because he is a legend!! <deleted> some scousers asr really thick when they think that bringing in a once great player will turn things around(when actually they all have been slating the way the club has been run and that it is the owners fault)....but it will not,it will just stay the same....ps is Sammy still there?? joke in itself if he is.

As I see it you have to take into account the circumstances of Hodgson's appointment.

H&G appointed Hodgson (admittedly with a 3 year contract) while they were actively trying to sell the club to avoid bankruptcy. Fans and Hodgdson knew very well that he was effectively a caretaker appointment while the sale went through. (It is highly unlikely that a new owner would keep Hodgson long term especially if they wished to rebuild the team while his sights were on the England job.)

Ultimately his appointment didnt have legitimacy in many supporters eyes because (1) it was made by owners that had already lost their legitimacy to own the club and (2) there was certain to be a change of ownership within 6 months. In my view H&G vitiated the appointment by giving him a 3 year contract when they were not going to be at the club to honor it and Hodgson debased the role by accepting a contract that he knew would simply result in a massive pay off when the new owners chose to replace him with their own appointee.

Many if not most supporters saw him as a caretaker manager from day one.

As I see it you have to take into account the circumstances of Hodgson's appointment.

H&G appointed Hodgson (admittedly with a 3 year contract) while they were actively trying to sell the club to avoid bankruptcy. Fans and Hodgdson knew very well that he was effectively a caretaker appointment while the sale went through. (It is highly unlikely that a new owner would keep Hodgson long term especially if they wished to rebuild the team while his sights were on the England job.)

Ultimately his appointment didnt have legitimacy in many supporters eyes because (1) it was made by owners that had already lost their legitimacy to own the club and (2) there was certain to be a change of ownership within 6 months. In my view H&G vitiated the appointment by giving him a 3 year contract when they were not going to be at the club to honor it and Hodgson debased the role by accepting a contract that he knew would simply result in a massive pay off when the new owners chose to replace him with their own appointee.

Well i think you see it very wrong or thats just a really poor hollow excuse for absolutely disgraceful behaviour that every LFC supporter should have been ashamed of.

I don't think Hodgson ever had a chance, bar the first 45 mins of his management. The supporters wanted Dalglish to take over after Benitez, and i believe unlike any other supporters in the country, felt that the type of behavious they displayed was acceptable. Chanting "your getting sacked in the morning"to your own manager!! I also noted on here that none of you really commented when the team put in some decent performances or won an important game. How unbelievably fickle. So much for supporting your club. Must have been great for the teams morale playing to the sound of the vile shameless chants of your supporters who want you to lose. :whistling:

You're right, we'll never understand what it is to be a Liverpool supporter and after that chapter i doubt any of us ever will. I'll always support my team I'll also try to see right and wrong (i'll never like Redknapp being a prime example and i despised Scholar) and accept our faults but regardless i'll always support the team. So no, i'll never understand you lot. And i'll certainly never understand the retarded mentality of referring to your manager as a cancer. Very sad.

Edited by carmine

You can take into consideration the circumstances of his appointment, we can all agree that he probably was not a good Manager for LFC, but what i personally will not agree with is the thing si mentioned in that Post..

I personally think certain people should be ashamed of what they wrote on this Thread..

Whether or not he was a good Manager for you does not mean he should be undermined like was suggested for starters, let alone the other stuff..

You can take into consideration the circumstances of his appointment, we can all agree that he probably was not a good Manager for LFC, but what i personally will not agree with is the thing si mentioned in that Post..

I personally think certain people should be ashamed of what they wrote on this Thread..

Whether or not he was a good Manager for you does not mean he should be undermined like was suggested for starters, let alone the other stuff..

Who was that then Singh since you recall what was written on here! maybe they can answer.

Anyway this was it for me when Hodgeson said and I quote “I don’t like hearing those things. Ever since I came here, the famous Anfield support hasn’t really been there.”

And that was on top of the endless dribble and disrespectful comments he made before this. So not sure what you expect once you turn against the very fabric the of the club - its supporters, but yeah poor old Roy carry on chaps I am sure your all know him personally ... :huh:

Again, that just as hollow as Abraks version.

The point is these supporters choose to interpret his statements the way they did. If he said something was black this element would say it was white. They even wanted him undermined <deleted>!!! Accusing him of turning against the fabric of the club. Now that is one of the most childish statements i have ever read on this forum and absolute baloney.

Does having to listen to chants of Hodgson for England, or your getting sacked in the morning offer him the best of the famous Anfield support? Ofcourse it does'nt. Please stop treating us as idiots and answer my questions.

A heads up though would be that no answer would be better than the last effort. :)

Edited by carmine

The point is these supporters choose to interpret his statements the way they did. If he said something was black this element would say it was white. They even wanted him undermined <deleted>!!! Accusing him of turning against the fabric of the club. Now that is one of the most childish statements i have ever read on this forum and absolute baloney.

Does having to listen to chants of Hodgson for England, or your getting sacked in the morning offer him the best of the famous Anfield support? Ofcourse it does'nt. Please stop treating us as idiots and answer my questions.

A heads up though would be that no answer would be better than the last effort. :)

Ohh Mr Carmine :D don't get your knickers in a twist - Singh will stalk you even more.

That's my opinion though hated the man in a footballing sense, really. Others on here may have very different views I am sure some do . But I will say it again Hodgeson was wrong for us and did a crap job! dont you see that though.

Thank god in the end the new owners took action more so for the results on the pitch than for fans singing songs.

And leave you with this one... anyone who signs Paul konchesky should of been sacked on the spot :D

Reina

Johnson ?? Agger ??

Lucas

Gerrard Meireles

Suarez ??

Carroll

Bench - Kuyt, Kelly...

I agree with your core 7 players but 3 or 4 quality signings would only give a fairly bare minimum team. It is ok I guess but I dont think you could call it a competitive squad against any of the top 4 teams (not even Tottenham really). And remember they are going to be busy in the summer too. (You only need look at our backline tomorrow and you have to think we cant be serious playing against Man City.)

There has to be some depth in the 1st team - Agger is made of glass and Gerrard is unlikely to give us an injury free season. Without Europe we probably dont need a full 25 squad of 1st teams and the likes of Spearing Shelvey and Wilson can be back up. I still think we need a squad of 18 1st team footballers.

11 top players and 7 on the bench. You could possibly add Carragher to Kelly and Kuyt. Still that really means that the club needs 8 players. Maybe 4 quality players and 4 decent team players (say the likes of Charlie Adam.)

I think we will be able to recruit some quality because there are plenty of places that a player can walk straight into on the team.

Still this will require a lot of money. Even if FSG put up the money, they cant afford (unlike Man City and Chelsea) to buy many duds. There also seems little point to me in strengthening the team half way so that we likely end up 5th or 6th. There is a very large void between 5th and 7th. Remember that Sunderland were 6th when KD was appointed and they now look like relegation material. You cant have a CL teams cost structure without having the benefit of regularly playing in the CL.

There is plenty of deadwood to be got rid of .....Paulsen, Ngog, Konchesky, Soto, Jovanovic, Cole, Pacheco, Skrtel, Aquilani...etc....

Yep your right teams above us will also strengthen their squads of course... heard Spurs have some financial problems, might even be selling Bail :)

Would be very happy with 3-4 top quality signings and a few other squad players as you say - Will be an interesting summer chance for the owners to really prove themselves!

Edited by Devil

But I will say it again Hodgeson was wrong for us and did a crap job! dont you see that though.

Simply ZERO point in continuing this Carmine when he says things like that..

I think between me & you we must have acknowledged that over a dozen times on this very thread, unreal.

2 bob.

Edit : This is a prime example of this particular Poster seeing what only he wants to see, believing only what he wants to believe & acknowledging only what suits his argument or the point he's trying to make..

I rest my case.

Edited by MSingh

But I will say it again Hodgeson was wrong for us and did a crap job! dont you see that though.

Simply ZERO point in continuing this Carmine when he says things like that..

I think between me & you we must have acknowledged that over a dozen times on this very thread, unreal.

2 bob.

Edit : This is a prime example of this particular Poster seeing what only he wants to see, believing only what he wants to believe & acknowledging only what suits his argument or the point he's trying to make..

I rest my case.

So you think he did a good job?

He was crap end off! prove me wrong that he wasn't crap at Liverpool look at his results? You cant and that's just it!

I could go on - releasing of good players on loan and bringing in mediocre players, slagging off the fans who were protesting against owners crippling the club, not sticking up for your own players for fear of hurting the manager of Man Utd's feelings, or the dire tactics that saw us slip down the table further and further away from the European places.

The only thing I agree with you on and Roy for that matter - is the fact that we didn't want him in charge.

I don't always agree with Sing, but I think you are misreading his post.

He agrees with you :D which in its self is hard to believe but is true.

Hope Liverpool win 2-1 tonight.

BT :jap:

Singh agreeing with me... oh right must of missed that then, ok my bad then :jap:

You see thats what threw me of course, normally if I say Liverpool wore Red Singh would say no they wore White and so on :D

Singh agreeing with me... oh right must of missed that then, ok my bad then :jap:

If you did Dev you must have missed it many, many times..

Be fair Dev..

I hope Man City win 8-0 tonight with my Dream Team Captain Carlitos, scoring all 8 but i hope Liverpool finish 5th & go unbeaten winning 4-0 in each of their last 6 Games after this, with Carroll & Suarez getting a brace each, in each..:)

True that is..

If you did Dev you must have missed it many, many times..

Be fair Dev..

I hope Man City win 8-0 tonight with my Dream Team Captain Carlitos, scoring all 8 but i hope Liverpool finish 5th & go unbeaten winning 4-0 in each of their last 6 Games after this, with Carroll & Suarez getting a brace each, in each..:)

True that is..

You're a <deleted> liar. You hope they'll finish fifth. I know you do.

Edited by smokie36

I'm with carms and Singher on this....to say Hodgson was a caretaker manager is rewriting history and treating the bloke totally unfairly.

Having said that I hope you win tonight and then lose all of your remaining games. :)

Ohh Mr Carmine :D don't get your knickers in a twist - Singh will stalk you even more.

That's my opinion though hated the man in a footballing sense, really. Others on here may have very different views I am sure some do . But I will say it again Hodgeson was wrong for us and did a crap job! dont you see that though.

Thank god in the end the new owners took action more so for the results on the pitch than for fans singing songs.

And leave you with this one... anyone who signs Paul konchesky should of been sacked on the spot :D

Thats a fair point that last one and i'd add Poulson to the list. :D

Yes he was wrong for you and did a poor job. Should he have been sacked. Probably, yes and i agree he was the wrong fit.

BUT, as you well know MrDevil, thats not what we are talking about is it. Its the behaviour of your fans who stopped supporting their team just so they could vilify their manager who they had turned into a hate figure from day one just because they wanted Kenny Dalglish to be appointed, not Hodgson. He NEVER really had the support, you could see it on television so why should'nt he say it without little scousers running around crying bleating out that nasty old Roy says we're not good fans. :rolleyes: They treated him like <deleted> from day one because they did'nt want him from the start.

Now that we've settled that one Dev, ;) Carroll had an excellent game last night and thanks for the result. City's performance gave me great reason for hope.

Edited by carmine