Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I follow this group on Facebook and yes, they may be full of it but just going to repeat what I've heard. A lot of rumors we will go for a top player from La Liga and they are saying it's Aguero. Then there's the rumors about Mata.

Aguero or and Mata - that will do me Jimjim :)

I've heard Messi is so excited abut things he wants to join you too. :D

Messi...nah we've got Suarez ;)

I follow this group on Facebook and yes, they may be full of it but just going to repeat what I've heard. A lot of rumors we will go for a top player from La Liga and they are saying it's Aguero. Then there's the rumors about Mata.

Aguero or and Mata - that will do me Jimjim :)

I've heard Messi is so excited abut things he wants to join you too. :D

Messi...nah we've got Suarez ;)

Touche dev! :D

There is no way I can see LFC even thinking of buying Aguero with his wage demands of 250k a week. It seems we are mostly associated with Brit players and others from the EPL - Young, Jarvis, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Cahill. That is all fine but it would be fun if we bought a couple of players from abroad with serious potential.

One player that I remember well from Pro Evolution Soccer that is being linked to Liverpool is Georginio Wijnaldum from Feyenord. He is only 20 and plays on the right wing. Dirk Kuyt is his idol. He looks pretty good on youtube too.

Abrak - 'PES and Youtube' you cant say things like that if you want to be taken seriously :D - must admit spent hours on Master League back in the day.

One things for sure going to be tons of speculation between now and next season! would be nice to get some signings done and dusted early on in the window for once.

There is no way I can see LFC even thinking of buying Aguero with his wage demands of 250k a week. It seems we are mostly associated with Brit players and others from the EPL - Young, Jarvis, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Cahill. That is all fine but it would be fun if we bought a couple of players from abroad with serious potential.

One player that I remember well from Pro Evolution Soccer that is being linked to Liverpool is Georginio Wijnaldum from Feyenord. He is only 20 and plays on the right wing. Dirk Kuyt is his idol. He looks pretty good on youtube too.

Abrak - 'PES and Youtube' you cant say things like that if you want to be taken seriously :D - must admit spent hours on Master League back in the day.

One things for sure going to be tons of speculation between now and next season! would be nice to get some signings done and dusted early on in the window for once.

What is this PES? Surely he's not basing his stats on a computer game? :lol:

Well I was only offering my opinion on a player and I would be totally lying if I said I regularly watched the Dutch league.

He was exceptionally cheap in PES 2009 because he debuted at the age of 16 and he was also one of the few cheaper players that could execute a 'rabona' in the game (which Suarez attempted in the recent match against Birmingham.) But he was very popular because he was quite good but, very fast and also incredibly cheap (about the cheapest player in the whole game)(not a concept popular with Man City.)

Yes summers going to be a lot of fun.

On a technical note, a Rabona, which is a very popular chip in computer soccer is a rarely executed shot in 'real' soccer. To show it I have to spread these clips over 3 posts for which I apologize....

If you get it right, everyone cheers and (well I dont know what they said) but basically they compared the guy to Maradonna. It is very rare though that it comes off like this.....

.....What actually happens in the real world of soccer is usually something along the lines of this. (It is worth waiting for the slow motion.) I would have thought if you are especially stupid you can even break a leg....

The relevance for Liverpool is that Suarez attempted this shot at Birmingham (it is very South American). He missed totally but successfully avoided looking a total prick.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVYli9Zm9i8

If he had pulled it off (a right footed chip over the top of the keeper from the left side of his left foot) it would have been pretty spectacular.

Edited by Abrak

Lucas Leiva finally and deserving of praise and acknowledgement hes been one of our best player all season and parts of last year in my opinion.

I cant remember how many times I was sat watching a game in the pub and getting into a discussion on him with some idiot jumping on the band wagon, or reading forums who just slated and slated time after time. Never ever understood it

Rafa certainly saw it in him which people forget also.

Kenny: Lucas deserves Kop song

14th May 2011 - Latest News Kenny Dalglish has called for the Kop to reward Lucas Leiva's magnificent form by serenading him with his very own song.

lucas5_4d6bd926c7fba898324158.jpg The Reds boss has been delighted by the Brazil star's displays over the past few months and reckons he is now more than worthy of his own Anfield anthem.

Dalglish told his pre-match press conference: "He's been in good form since I came in here. He's also signed an extended contract and is playing really well. Him and Jay (Spearing) have got a really good partnership in the middle of the pitch.

"It would be nice if supporters could think up a song for Lucas as a reward for the fantastic work he has done recently. I don't know what it could be but there must be something there for him.

"He's only a young boy as well. He's played lots of games for a young boy. He's really developed. He's in the Brazil team and that's a good enough testament for us.

"What he has done for us is very important and he's been brilliant since I came in.

"You can see he has belief in his own performances. You can see that getting in the Brazil team and being settled - his wife having a little boy - means his whole world is happy at the moment and that is reflected on the pitch."

about the cheapest player in the whole game)(not a concept popular with Man City.)

:cheesy::cheesy:

You pay 35mil for Andy Carroll and come out with that statement. You always seem to be throwing City into the mix about spending but forget how much Liverpool and other clubes have spent. I reckon those stats have fried your brain.

Thought young Flanno was a little unlucky last night, a few decisions going against him other than that I think the lad has played great in every game.

It's gonna be interesting to what players are brought in for the defence.

Thought young Flanno was a little unlucky last night, a few decisions going against him other than that I think the lad has played great in every game.

howard webb absolutely fuc_king ruined that match. we weren't firing properly but at 1-0 down we were bang back in it and were the better side. webb yet again makes a match all about him and gives a penalty for an incident that was a] not a foul and b] outside the bloody area anyway.

Edited by StevieH

howard webb absolutely fuc_king ruined that match. we weren't firing properly but at 1-0 down we were bang back in it and were the better side. webb yet again makes a match all about him and gives a penalty for an incident that was a] not a foul and b] outside the bloody area anyway.

It was'nt a penalty obviously and the Tottenham players looked as surprised as anyone else. Much of this season has been marred by shocking refereeing decisions. i would add that Rodriguez should have been booked for that pathetic dive!!!

Time to review your opinion on video replays Stevie? Surely it has to be in the interests of a fair game.

Edited by carmine

It was'nt a penalty obviously and the Tottenham players looked as surprised as anyone else. Much of this season has been marred by shocking refereeing decisions. i would add that Rodriguez should have been booked for that pathetic dive!!!

Time to review your opinion on video replays Stevie? Surely it has to be in the interests of a fair game.

I'm now in favour of video replays as well having been opposed to it in previous years. Its time for football to catch up.

Back to he result and its good to see us finally put in a performance against one of the lesser clubs.

i think i came around a while back to video replays for whether the ball has crossed the goalline or not carmine, but that's probably about it. i would though like to see referees made more accountable for their mistakes and penalised when they're clearly not up to the job. webb's record in liverpool matches is quite unbelievable, to the point that people are asking if he is genuinely biased against the club - he's given so, so many crucial decisions against us over the years.

Not convinced the decision made a whole lot of difference myself. We were not good and Spurs were a whole lot better than a team that had hardly won recently and were supposedly not interested in winning this match. Modric, in particular, was brilliant and Spurs proved about the first team that could keep Suarez relatively quiet.

Probably a decent wake up call after the euphoria of Kenny's appointment and recent results. Afterall there are 19 points between us and Man U and 19 points between us and Wigan.

it completely finished the game abrak, we were bang back into it and reina had had absolutely nothing to do. decisions like that simply ruin matches as they not only impact on the scoreline but psychologically on players as well. we weren't on our game yesterday but we didn't particularly deserve to lose either.

it completely finished the game abrak, we were bang back into it and reina had had absolutely nothing to do. decisions like that simply ruin matches as they not only impact on the scoreline but psychologically on players as well. we weren't on our game yesterday but we didn't particularly deserve to lose either.

Sure i'm biased i suppose butI honestly thought we looked quite comfortable. King and Dawson together with Sandro sitting infront of the defense worked a treat.

Carroll looked out of his depth, but more worryingly, why is he so incredibly slow?

I totally agree about the reaction to poor decisions and only have to look back to our away game at Chelsea and pretty much everytime we play Man Utd

Edited by carmine

Sure i'm biased i suppose butI honestly thought we looked quite comfortable. King and Dawson together with Sandro sitting infront of the defense worked a treat.

Carroll looked out of his depth, but more worryingly, why is he so incredibly slow?

I totally agree about the reaction to poor decisions and only have to look back to our away game at Chelsea and pretty much everytime we play Man Utd

thought your defence played really well and we just weren't firing particularly well to test you too much. sandro and modric bossed spearing and lucas. carroll's nowhere near match-fit, he looks sluggish compared to how livewire he was for newcastle back at the start of the season. think he needs a decent rest and a proper pre-season this summer.

thought your defence played really well and we just weren't firing particularly well to test you too much. sandro and modric bossed spearing and lucas. carroll's nowhere near match-fit, he looks sluggish compared to how livewire he was for newcastle back at the start of the season. think he needs a decent rest and a proper pre-season this summer.

With his size and a decent turn of pace he would be a right handful i have to agree. If he's really not that fit i just cannot see why Dalglish would risk playing him especially with the form of some of your other players, Maxi R for example. Seems to be tempting fate.

Edited by carmine

Ahh, frustrating last two games, looks like we ran out of steam!

Really should have been at least a draw today but we squandered several chances to score in the second half, not to mention a great goalkeeping save by Dunne, er, I mean Friedal. Friedal may have had that saved by himself, anyway.

Well, looking forward to a great off-season, many changes ahead, can't wait.

I suspect those last two games were a bit of a reality check after an extraordinary run by Kenny.

Talking of reality check, it is worth considering that our points total for the season, 58, is the second worst in the modern era. Modern era being when 3 point games were introduced in 1992/93 so quite a long time ago. Our lowest points total was 54 in 98/99 when we came 7th and we also scored 58 points in 04/05.

Obviously the good news is that when we have done anything like as badly as this in the past we have always improved. The bad news is that we have never jumped from a very poor performance to one when say we were challenging the following season. I guess this is not that surprising given that we are currently, points wise at least, closer to the relegated teams than we are to Man Utd.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love this story.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394332/Joe-Cole-sign-Tottenham.html

Cole to Spurs for 3m. Please let it be so. (Of course if anyone really thinks that the true story is that Spurs are paying Liverpool 3m so that they are free from their existing contract to pay Joe Cole 90k a week for the next 3 years that would be ridiculous.)

I also like the way that it says something along the lines of 'by signing Cole it paves the way for Spurs to sell Modric to Man Utd'...!!!

Although on that issue if Wesley Schneider is really on 170k a week after tax - and the UK has a new 50% marginal tax rate - then some of these European players start looking very expensive indeed. No wonder the likes of Aguero and Alexis Sanchez seem keen to remain on the continent.

http://www.dailymail...-Tottenham.html

Cole to Spurs for 3m. Please let it be so. (Of course if anyone really thinks that the true story is that Spurs are paying Liverpool 3m so that they are free from their existing contract to pay Joe Cole 90k a week for the next 3 years that would be ridiculous.)

I also like the way that it says something along the lines of 'by signing Cole it paves the way for Spurs to sell Modric to Man Utd'...!!!

Although on that issue if Wesley Schneider is really on 170k a week after tax - and the UK has a new 50% marginal tax rate - then some of these European players start looking very expensive indeed. No wonder the likes of Aguero and Alexis Sanchez seem keen to remain on the continent.

More nonsense from the tabloids. How about a straight swap deal with Jenas?

Nah maybe you should pay us £5 as well....:lol:

http://www.dailymail...-Tottenham.html

Why would you love a story that obviously isn't true :o or does it make you feel not so stupid for buying him in the first place :D

By the way how much did he cost ya and how many games did he play ;)

Edited by alfieconn

Asia Tour

Malaysia Ticket info http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/sports/football/666109-liverpool-football-club-tour-2011.html

666131_347638_banner.jpg

666133_347639_poster.jpg At last the Reds are coming. One of the legendary clubs of the English Premier League, Liverpool Football Club, will visit Malaysia as part of their 2011 Asia Tour

"Whenever we go to Asia, the fans are always amazing," said Liverpool FC captain Steven Gerrard. "The supporters over there are fanatical about Liverpool and it's great that we can give so many of them a chance to come and watch the team play."

Info: Public sale of Liverpool tickets does not start until 10 June, we are currently in a pre sales period for holders of Standard Chartered Bank Credit and Debit cards, Standard Chartered Bank are a major sponsor of Liverpool Football Club to the tune of approx £80 million.

Venue Layout:

666135_347640_seating.jpg

Terms & Conditions:

• Ticket Prices above Include RM3 Ticketing Fee
  • Once tickets are sold, no exchanges or cancellations will be entertained
  • RM25 re-printing fee will be charged for damaged tickets ONLY.
  • There are no special rates for children, Children under 3 may sit on parents laps. Children 3 years and above must have a standard ticket
  • Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket

Note:

1. All TRAINING PASS entry at GREEN GATE ONLY on 14th July 2011
  2. Ticket Admission by respective gate colour

Training Pass is no longer available for Ticketpro Hotline and Online booking. Training Pass is still available at Ticketpro outlets (subject to stock availability) Price Table:

666139_347644_price.jpg

So it looks as though LFC have pretty much tied up their first major signing of the window in 20 year old Jordan Henderson for a cool 20m. Top whack for young Brit potential (read unproven talent) seems very FSG. What is more surprising is that they are spending so heavily not just on the future but in the midfield which is the one area that LFC isnt in desperate need of new players. If the likely signing of Charlie Adam is added to the equation that makes almost 30m.

Jordan Henderson ranks 3rd in the EPL by 'chances created' which might also be the sort of stat that would appeal to DC. (Stuart Downing is 4th, Joey Barton 6th, Ashley Young 7th, Charlie Adam 9th - all linked to signing to Liverpool in recent weeks. (The top 2 - Malouda of Chelsea and Davies of Bolton are both over 30 and are far too grown up for Liverpool.))

Anyone going to Malaysia? Not me, I got my fill of preseason football in Bangkok two years ago, ha ha.

And the team we are playing in China, Guangdong Sunray Cave, is not even in the Chinese Super League, but in China League One! They're positioned in 3rd place right now in the table, but should be a massacre...

As for Henderson, I think this articles sums up nicely how King Kenny will approach the transfer market and it's a must-read for any LFC fan:

http://thekop.liverpoolfc.tv/_In-Kenny-We-Must-Trust/blog/3934635/173471.html?