Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Moneyball, sabermetrics, EPL, soccer, franchises :ermm: .......God knows whats going on in Kennys head, especially with owners that still don't know the correct name of the sport.

Actually Kenny seems something of a fan of the new owners.

Dalglish was quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror: "If anyone has a better owner than John Henry, then they have done very well for themselves. He’s fantastically supportive.

“I’m not going to sit here and tell you what he does or how he helps, but he’s genuinely a good fella, just a good lad. He cares passionately about the club and wants it to go in the right ­direction."

“Spending money does not guarantee you success, but I don’t know of any club that has ever had success without it,” he explained.

“It is necessary, but it’s even more important to spend it wisely, and we’ve acted ­responsibly in the transfer market."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/04/2604239/kenny-dalglish-hails-support-of-liverpool-owner-john-w-henry

Reds agree Enrique deal

11th Aug 2011 - Latest News

Liverpool FC confirmed today that they had agreed a fee with Newcastle United for the transfer of Jose Enrique.

The club have now been given permission to discuss personal terms with the player, who will travel to Liverpool to undergo a medical.

With Enrique we now have a senior squad of 27, so we need at least two to go, one of them at least being non-homegrown as he makes 18 of the foreign players, I believe.

But a great signing! He looks like the left back we've been dying for ever since Riise left. Aurelio is a great player but obviously injured 50% of the time.

I wonder if Ngog will go to Bolton and if we'll get any more attackers or another center back? The clock is ticking, just 2 and 1/2 more weeks of the transfer window and then we can forget all the rumors and get back to just watching matches!

Best bars to watch Liverpool in Bangkok... Sukhumvit area? THANKS

For me there never is a "best" when I'm in BKK. I just always find one that's playing the match! Just check for areas with lots of bars/pubs around and you should find one you like. From Emporium all the way up to Siam Square there's plenty from which to choose.

Thanks Jim

Best bars to watch Liverpool in Bangkok... Sukhumvit area? THANKS

For me there never is a "best" when I'm in BKK. I just always find one that's playing the match! Just check for areas with lots of bars/pubs around and you should find one you like. From Emporium all the way up to Siam Square there's plenty from which to choose.

We need to get some perspective here. Many of those players today will need time to gel, however the 1st half gave much cause for optimism. I'm not too worried about Carroll tbh, he was unlucky to have that goal disallowed and will get plenty for us this season. I thought Henderson could have risen to the occasion a bit more. Biggest concern for me was at the back though. I know Johnson is out right now but I would have started with Kelly. Flanno went missing 1 too many times and was at fault for the goal. Carra is past it too so I really hope we get in a CB before the end of the window. I heard we have offered 12Mil + Eggnog for Gary Cahill.

Overall I have a good feeling about this year. Although it's not against the big sides I fear we can't perform as we showed last season we can beat them all on our day. It's against the smaller sides where we have always had a problem and it's there Kenny needs to improve on this season. I was a bit gutted we couldn't take 3 points today, but it makes the Arsenal game a bit more important now. Plus it's as good as time as any to play them. They will have just lost Fabregas and Nasri, Wilshere may still not be fit and upturned mop head Gervinho is banned for 3 games. Oh and they have a CL qualifier mid week.

We need to get some perspective here. Many of those players today will need time to gel, however the 1st half gave much cause for optimism. I'm not too worried about Carroll tbh, he was unlucky to have that goal disallowed and will get plenty for us this season. I thought Henderson could have risen to the occasion a bit more. Biggest concern for me was at the back though. I know Johnson is out right now but I would have started with Kelly. Flanno went missing 1 too many times and was at fault for the goal. Carra is past it too so I really hope we get in a CB before the end of the window. I heard we have offered 12Mil + Eggnog for Gary Cahill.

Overall I have a good feeling about this year. Although it's not against the big sides I fear we can't perform as we showed last season we can beat them all on our day. It's against the smaller sides where we have always had a problem and it's there Kenny needs to improve on this season. I was a bit gutted we couldn't take 3 points today, but it makes the Arsenal game a bit more important now. Plus it's as good as time as any to play them. They will have just lost Fabregas and Nasri, Wilshere may still not be fit and upturned mop head Gervinho is banned for 3 games. Oh and they have a CL qualifier mid week.

We need to get some perspective here. - Yep agree Wellred...

Never expecting Suraez, Enrique and Flanno to start yesterday.

We played some very exciting attacking football first half, so unlucky not to be 3 or more up atHT. Loads of positives to take from the game though - Adam commanding the middle spraying passes all over and of course his set pieces are a welcome sight!

I was really impressed with Downing again. What was clear for me was Downing can be used left, right and behind the striker. Great run and shot on goal only to be denied by the cross bar - more of that please !

I think the nerves got to the newer signings second half as Sunderland looked to pressure us. We seemed to tire in the middle, Adam and Lucas in particular. Sunderland played a very good second half and showed very good spirit for also a new team of players. Great goal by Larsson, not sure you will see a better volley this season!

Let the Anfield Revolution start!

We were lucky to still be in the game at half-time. Downing's effort deserved a goal and Suarez should have scored the penalty. I would have had no arguments with Richardson being sent off (useless at left back) but having watched the highlights on Match of the Day, I would say that Suarez was lucky not to get called back for blocking Richardson's poor clearance with his hands/arms. About as unintentional as Richardson's clumsy challenge in the box, so the penalty miss probably evened things out.

Thanks for taking Henderson off our hands for a very reasonable fee. Colback is not the finished article but a better midfielder who had a poor first half, but got kicked enough in the second half to suggest that he was capable of making life difficult for the Liverpool midfield.

I honestly believe that Liverpool don't have enough in their tank this season to finish higher than 4th and will probably finish 5th. As for us, we could finish anywhere between 7th-17th depending on when our mid-season collapse occurs this season.

Edited by Sunderland

If you understood Henry's basic philosophy you would know that reacting to poor results is the complete antithesis of what he believes in. It is the way to screw up a good plan and as the unexpected is almost certainly going to happen at some point there is absolutely no logic in driving your decision making by expectations.

It’s important to have a plan, remain disciplined in executing that plan, and pay attention to what is actually happening rather than what you expect to happen. We try to be as objective as possible in our analyses… It’s not always easy for people who are involved every day to stay with a plan when misfortune occurs for a time. You always encounter the unexpected and this can push discipline right out of the way in the name of prudence. But prudence almost always dictates staying with the approach that has made you successful. I see that as one of my primary roles. I often encourage everyone during difficult days to remain patient. I don’t blame people for the unexpected.JWH.

If you understood Henry's basic philosophy you would know that reacting to poor results is the complete antithesis of what he believes in. It is the way to screw up a good plan and as the unexpected is almost certainly going to happen at some point there is absolutely no logic in driving your decision making by expectations.

It's important to have a plan, remain disciplined in executing that plan, and pay attention to what is actually happening rather than what you expect to happen. We try to be as objective as possible in our analyses… It's not always easy for people who are involved every day to stay with a plan when misfortune occurs for a time. You always encounter the unexpected and this can push discipline right out of the way in the name of prudence. But prudence almost always dictates staying with the approach that has made you successful. I see that as one of my primary roles. I often encourage everyone during difficult days to remain patient. I don't blame people for the unexpected.JWH.

Delgish is not a good plan though is he .

Dalglish has done well since he took over. They started well yesterday and the players only have themselves to blame for not finishing the game off. As rix said, either way, Dalgish will never be sacked, it'll be a mutual consent situation. I don't understand why anyone would really be talking of this though. Things are looking bright bar a disappointing first result.

Edited by carmine

Dalglish is a good plan and he has certain qualities that our owners respect.

1) If he is successful he is not going to fuc_k off to Real Madrid

2) Secondly he understands and respects the club better than virtually anyone else

3) You make the mistaken assumption that if Liverpool do not generate good results this year and end up say 8th, the Dalglish (or possibly Comolli should be replaced). The fact that the shit will hit the fan at some point is a near certainty. The idea that someone should be replaced as a consequence is not correct. You are simply confusing correlation with causality.

4) And you are simply stating that 'Kenny is not a good plan' on the basis that you think he is 'the plan'.

Dalglish is a good plan and he has certain qualities that our owners respect.

1) If he is successful he is not going to fuc_k off to Real Madrid

2) Secondly he understands and respects the club better than virtually anyone else

3) You make the mistaken assumption that if Liverpool do not generate good results this year and end up say 8th, the Dalglish (or possibly Comolli should be replaced). The fact that the shit will hit the fan at some point is a near certainty. The idea that someone should be replaced as a consequence is not correct. You are simply confusing correlation with causality.

4) And you are simply stating that 'Kenny is not a good plan' on the basis that you think he is 'the plan'.

Do you not remember what he done last time & repeated it with blackburn . He hasen't got a clue what it takes in todays game . He has no idea of the true value of players & is tactically inept .

Liverpool under him with not finish in the top six . Mid table is the best they can hope for . They are a very average side

We need to get some perspective here. - Yep agree Wellred...

Never expecting Suraez, Enrique and Flanno to start yesterday.

We played some very exciting attacking football first half, so unlucky not to be 3 or more up atHT. Loads of positives to take from the game though - Adam commanding the middle spraying passes all over and of course his set pieces are a welcome sight!

I was really impressed with Downing again. What was clear for me was Downing can be used left, right and behind the striker. Great run and shot on goal only to be denied by the cross bar - more of that please !

I think the nerves got to the newer signings second half as Sunderland looked to pressure us. We seemed to tire in the middle, Adam and Lucas in particular. Sunderland played a very good second half and showed very good spirit for also a new team of players. Great goal by Larsson, not sure you will see a better volley this season!

Let the Anfield Revolution start!

Very true words. I had a problem with Downing playing behind the striker and Meireles coming in on and going to the left, at first. I don't think that worked. Would have thought it would have been better to have Downing on the left and Meireles through the middle where he's more dangerous. Instead of kicking it up from the back at the end in an effort to score a goal we could have been whipping in those crosses from the left wing with Downing.

Great first half, poor second half, simple as that.

Many pundits and ex-referees saying Richardson should have been sent off, so that seems like a bit of an unlucky one for us, there. I am not sure about the Suarez handling the ball initially to start the breakaway, I would have to look at that one again, but when I first watched the match I specifically watched for that on the replay and thought he hadn't handled it.

Also Flannagan was our worst player wasn't he? Seemed like he was too nervous for some reason with several mistakes. Gave the ball away before the goal and ended up in a clear shot on goal that Gyan didn't convert. Then he lost Larsson on the back post for the goal. I would have been sure Kelly would be ahead of him in the pecking order, wouldn't everyone else? That's a real head scratcher of a decision for me, unless Kelly had some kind of small fitness issue.

And yeah didn't see Henderson doing much, but I think in the future he'll be much better coming down the center.

Frustrating draw but I saw a lot of good signs. Carroll could have scored, as Ferdinand really sold that foul and Downing hit the bar, we really should have put it away in the first half.

We'll see how it goes against Arsenal, regardless of their midweek match they have to play (think it's Tuesday so that's plenty of time for rest), all the players they won't have and the important one who just left the country, they still have a lot of attacking quality and actually have a fairly deep squad as far as creative players go.

I think I've just found a user to block so I don't see his idiotic, trolling posts. Thanks adder, have fun trolling!

Just love fools who when put to the test about there bias oppinions they do a runner Delglish is useless & all you LFC fans know it.

I think that Kuyt is playing and that Suarez is on the bench.

Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Kuyt.

Subs: Doni, Flanagan, Skrtel, Meireles, Spearing, Suarez, Maxi.