Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

dave williams from tribalfootball.com? that's a source? bloody hell.

nobody's said it wasn't a 'tight game' alfie.

Well you didn't say that with an earlier post

quite surprised to see title-chasing spurs come to anfield and play like a bottom half club to be honest. bit disappointed we didn't win really

try reading it again alfie. it was a tight game yet one team played markedly more defensively than the other. those things are not mutually exclusive.

Interesting debate. I still haven't watched the game so will not comment yet. it seems to me there are more Spurs fans on the Liverpool forum than LFC fans, and they seem pretty defensive. Apparently, a bit like their team on Monday....cheesy.gif

:D

fact remains that it was a better point for spurs than it was for us. our home record is immensely frustrating this season, we should be about 15 points better off.

I missed the game the other night. But the only highlights I have seen on Skynews here, is about a cat running on the pitch. Does that sufficiently sum up the quality of the match?

Yes. Although Dev reckons they play a free flowing samba style!!laugh.png

You deserve to be top of the league.

well now you're just being silly.

we've hit the woodwork more than any other team as far as i know. our home form has been frustrating as anything and we've dropped points in seven home matches in which we were markedly the better side. if we'd converted anything like half the chances we've created this season we'd be in a lot better position in the league. but do carry on with your hyperbole.

I missed the game the other night. But the only highlights I have seen on Skynews here, is about a cat running on the pitch. Does that sufficiently sum up the quality of the match?

Yes. Although Dev reckons they play a free flowing samba style!!laugh.png

Expansive free flowing samba style :)

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

It was highlight it must be said.

The Kop started to chant just at that moment - a cat, a cat, a cat, a cat...

Funny pic

post-48660-132869030806_thumb.jpg

It was highlight it must be said.

The Kop started to chant just at that moment - a cat, a cat, a cat, a cat...

Funny pic

Charlie "the cat" Carter makes an appearance!

17070210.jpg.size-300_maxheight-300_square-true.jpg

All you need now is Woy.....on second thoughts....laugh.png

Although I obviously like stats, I really hate them when they are used badly....

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/7493290/Statistics

So the headline of the story is that Kenny has a worst home record than Roy. It is not the stat I question just the hugely biased interpretation of it.

1) Roy scored 2.00 points at home if he could have achieved that though a season, we would have come second. So clearly that was not his problem nor does KD doing slightly worst tell us much.

2) However, during his previous 5 seasons of managing a club in the PL he achieved a total of exactly 8 away wins. Kenny has achieved 10 away wins in a little over a year.

3) Hodgson achieved 5 away points out of 30 which is 16.7%. My guess is that is the worst ever achieved by any Liverpool manager. Souness would naturally come second at 16/63 which is 25.4%.

4) Hodgson scored 25 points in 20 games - 1.25 - Kenny can still lose the next 15 games consecutively and have a better overall record.

So Abrak...do you reckon Kenny has what it takes to secure you fourth spot?

You know I am just very happy to have Kenny as our manager and he can have the job as long as he wants as far as I am concerned. I dont believe he is the greatest manager in the world but I do believe he is the right manager for Liverpool. I hope he stays at least 5 years.

Our chances of 4th are pretty slim - 3 places basically taken - but I was surprised Chelsea didnt buy 4th. But inherently I see far more value in not achieving 4th than achieving it. What I would like to see happen is Arsenal achieve 4th because it would pressure Wenger to spend money. And I am solely interested in where my club will be in 5 years time than next September. I would also like for Levy to stop interfering in Spurs business and allow Redknapp to run the business for a couple of years.

• Like 1

so, united away. evra, suarez, handshake, crowd abuse, munich, jessie paisley. it's a perfect shitstorm of news and the atmosphere there is going to be absolutely vile.

not confident of a win personally, united's home form is very good and we're not really scoring enough. so i'd take a point now i suppose.

so, united away. evra, suarez, handshake, crowd abuse, munich, jessie paisley. it's a perfect shitstorm of news and the atmosphere there is going to be absolutely vile.

not confident of a win personally, united's home form is very good and we're not really scoring enough. so i'd take a point now i suppose.

Is that a touch of dry Liverpudlian humour mate?

Funny thing is, if you play against them the way you did against us you might well beat them.

Funny thing is, if you play against them the way you did against us you might well beat them.

i have a feeling the referee is going to decide this one mate. got mates who are going and they're quite concerned that something genuinely bad is going to happen in the ground or outside, such is the level of vitriol around this one. not going to be a 'normal' match.

have to say i'm buzzing already though, afternoon session in the sunshine followed by the match at a sensibly early hour over here. love it.

i have a feeling the referee is going to decide this one mate. got mates who are going and they're quite concerned that something genuinely bad is going to happen in the ground or outside, such is the level of vitriol around this one. not going to be a 'normal' match.

have to say i'm buzzing already though, afternoon session in the sunshine followed by the match at a sensibly early hour over here. love it.

Interesting because i also think this ones got trouble written all over it. But i love this fixture regardless.

All this talk of handshakes and all is starting to piss me off aswell but if i were a Liverpool fan i'd be mighty narked with the whole Suarez/ Evra verdict given on hearsay. i don't want to start this one up again but suffice to say it stinks.

I'm a big fan of the afternoon session followed by the match but if i go for that my hangover will be kicking in at about kickoff time in our game. And since i have an aweful feeling the toon will win its not looking good.

So Stevie you are concerned about the referee deciding this one......obviously "like" he is going to be for United? do i surmise correctly?

So Stevie you are concerned about the referee deciding this one......obviously "like" he is going to be for United? do i surmise correctly?

Is that like you being totally outplayed, a couple of goals down then Howard chucks you a couple of penalties , you end up drawing and that <deleted> Gary Neville gets to bleat endlessly on Sky about how you can never count utd out.

Too f*cking right when get get those sort of gifts given to you!

Interesting because i also think this ones got trouble written all over it. But i love this fixture regardless.

All this talk of handshakes and all is starting to piss me off aswell but if i were a Liverpool fan i'd be mighty narked with the whole Suarez/ Evra verdict given on hearsay. i don't want to start this one up again but suffice to say it stinks.

I'm a big fan of the afternoon session followed by the match but if i go for that my hangover will be kicking in at about kickoff time in our game. And since i have an aweful feeling the toon will win its not looking good.

i think it's pretty clear what most liverpool fans think of the evra/suarez affair. it was a kangaroo court with a 99% conviction rate which condemned suarez on the 'balance of probabilities'. he was guilty of nothing as far as i'm concerned. ho hum.

the press have spent this week trying to drag dalglish into saying something about it. then when he says something they have a pop at him for keeping talking about it, why can't he just move on etc.

i think it's quite possible that dalglish will circumvent the whole handshake palaver by starting suarez on the bench to be honest.

i think that the referee is going to be under huge, immense pressure tomorrow. and referees under pressure at old trafford generally give united something major and most of the minor.

i think it's quite possible that dalglish will circumvent the whole handshake palaver by starting suarez on the bench to be honest.

I'd start him. Get the united fans to make as much noise as you can at the start, soak up the pressure and the fans will go silent again within 15 mins. That always then puts pressure back onto United.

Not in a United Liverpool game....we never go quiet,good idea though MB i can see you are scared of us again.

Typical RAG comment. Can't see how you deduce that from what I said huh.png To be honest, unlike the RAGS we appreciate how good you are and never underestimate it but don't confuse that with being scared.

I'd start him. Get the united fans to make as much noise as you can at the start, soak up the pressure and the fans will go silent again within 15 mins. That always then puts pressure back onto United.

it's a tricky one. he'll be raring to go but carroll's playing markedly better lately and there's a sensible argument to be made for trying to soak them up for the first half and then look to nick one in the second. having suarez on the bench to come on around 60 when they're tiring a bit could be great. but it does assume that we've not conceded or had a man sent off and a peno given against us by phil 'look at me' dowd.

Not in a United Liverpool game....we never go quiet

oh indeed. i'm already looking forward to the fun and cheery renditions of 'where's your famous munich song?', '96 wasn't enough', 'you killed your own fans' and 'the sun was right'.

to which some of our lot will inevitably respond with arms-out aeroplane gestures, 'always look on the runway for ice' and other time-honoured ditties. it's going to be a fuc_king poisonous atmosphere.

I am sorry Stevie!

But i don't know how long ago it was that you went to this fixture at Old Trafford?

It has always been a bad atmosphere if you are a scourer,same as it is when we mancs turn up at your cesspit excuse for a ground.

Proper good day out.