Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Sky always go to a break after the teams take the field but not today. After transfer deadline day, John Terry stripped of England captaincy, Harry Rednapp trial, Capello resignation and now the no handshake can things be as ever as exciting.

IMO if Suarez did not want to shake hands so be it. Evra did not cover himself in glory either with his childish reaction and his gloating at the final whistle. When Wayne Bridge refused to shake hands Terry just got on with the game.

Something should definately be done about Evra's "celebration" at the end. Ridiculous and done to incite a reaction, whether it be from supporters or Liverpool players. Over the mark that.

Suarez is a low life <deleted>. No class at all. The handshake snub justified the ban 100%. No sympathy for the Argie git !

I hope Evra enjoyed his celebration.

I disagree. Suarez obviously feels he was innocent of racist remarks, so why should he feel the need to shake the hand of someone who got him an 8 match ban. Ferdinand was worse, nothing to do with him but he snubbed Suarez. You say that Suarez has no class, well that Evra celebration showed he hasn't got any either. He should have rose above it, especially seeing as he was appointed captain. Makes you wonder what was behind that decision as well

Agree with all that MrB.

Isn't it about time the FA dispensed with this handshake merry go round? To my mind its more trouble than its worth.

Mr bo i have only spoken the truth.

Good result today .

I've seen your posts before they got deleted Red - pathetic that's all I will say!

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Sore loser Devil,you was so quick to give it out after you beat us last week......Now that we beat you fair and square it is hard to take.

YNWA

Mr bo i have only spoken the truth.

Good result today .

I've seen your posts before they got deleted Red - pathetic that's all I will say!

Sore loser Devil,you was so quick to give it out after you beat us last week......Now that we beat you fair and square it is hard to take.

YNWA

??? What are you going on about Red. I posted one post after The game and clearly posted we performed badly on the day and Man U were the deserved winners and left it at that.

You then went on to post 'Bastards of Racists' referring to my signature to get a reaction and mock the quote of Bill Shankly.

Then randomly you posted 'Scousers go back to your slums' for absolute no reason other than trolling. And then wanted to repeat your comments that you think Suarez is cu_t for not shaking hands with Evra

- your so far of the mark it unbelievable and have shown your true colours and yet still keep going on?

Players' chief Gordon Taylor said he felt sick to his stomach when Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra failed to shake hands - and he believes such is the serious nature of the incident that the FA must now get involved once again.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson branded Suarez a "disgrace to Liverpool Football Club" and claimed he should never play for them again following his apparent refusal to shake Evra's hand ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash at Old Trafford.

The Red Devils captain appeared to offer his hand to the Uruguay international, who was banned for eight matches for racially abusing the defender, but he bypassed the Frenchman and went straight to goalkeeper David de Gea.

Evra did not accept that and attempted to grab Suarez's arm to complete the formalities, but the striker shrugged him off.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Taylor told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I thought today might have been a time to draw a line under it and move on.

"Having heard before the game there was going to be handshakes, [and then] that it was so deliberately averted, I just felt quite sick in my stomach.

"I'm extremely concerned that its reached this level now. It's going to have to be sorted by the FA, the Premier League, the PFA, the League Managers' Association ... because there's great rivalry which is no bad thing between clubs and cities, but this has escalated beyond that.

"Racism is an issue within a civilised society that if it's allowed to run riot divides people and separates them.

"Football is a sport that's supposed to bring people together and overcome such barriers.

"We have had a great record of assimilating players from all over the world, from different cultures and creeds, for a long time now."

Taylor also believes the situation could have been contained had Liverpool been more proactive early on, when the PFA first approached them in the wake of the original incident.

Asked if Liverpool had been responsive to their the PFA's approaches Taylor said: "I would have to say that in the very beginning, no they weren't, so as a result this has developed into where it has.

"It's my job to try to stop such issues escalating.

"At the very beginning I approached both clubs but it wasn't possible to get that reconciliation or any acceptance of culpability or apology and from that time on it's just escalated."

Taylor said the timing of the incident was particularly unhelpful

He told Sky Sports News: "The situation is running away with us and this isn't healthy for football, particularly with the Government looking into the governance of football.

"I would have expected the Liverpool owners and directors to bring about a better atmosphere and draw a line under it.

"There is nothing to be gained by the matter festering, for the image of the game.

"If the handshake was offered by Patrice Evra I thought he (Suarez) would shake it but then he diverted it away. It was anything but helpful and caused this genuine reaction. It has undermined Kenny (Dalglish) as well."

The two sets of players reportedly clashed in the tunnel at half-time and again on the pitch as United celebrated their 2-1 victory.

United defender Rio Ferdinand, who refused to shake Suarez's hand after witnessing the snub for Evra, later claimed to have "lost all respect" for the Liverpool frontman.

Taylor added: "They're all my members and you can understand Rio having some solidarity with a colleague who was the victim in this, not the culprit."

??? What are you going on about Red. I posted one post after The game and clearly posted we performed badly on the day and Man U were the deserved winners and left it at that.

You then went on to post 'Bastards of Racists' referring to my signature to get a reaction and mock the quote of Bill Shankly.

Then randomly you posted 'Scousers go back to your slums' for absolute no reason other than trolling. And then wanted to repeat your comments that you think Suarez is cu_t for not shaking hands with Evra

- your so far of the mark it unbelievable and have shown your true colours and yet still keep going on?

I read your post after the game and thought it pretty sporting so don't really know where Red is coming from.

Actually as far as the way you played goes, i actually thought if anything you were slightly better last night than when you beat us. At least in that spell near the end when you got a goal back. Slightly better than bloody awful though.

Harry Redknapp when asked to comment on the whole recent Suarez/Evra Debacle was quoted as saying...

'Look this is football, so Suarez should have shaken the hand of his opponent. However, you should understand that Suarez is pretty thick, totally disorganized, hardly speaks the same language and was thinking of opening an offshore account in Monaco at the time.'

• Like 1

Harry Redknapp when asked to comment on the whole recent Suarez/Evra Debacle was quoted as saying...

'Look this is football, so Suarez should have shaken the hand of his opponent. However, you should understand that Suarez is pretty thick, totally disorganized, hardly speaks the same language and was thinking of opening an offshore account in Monaco at the time.'

laugh.png Arrhh the great Liverpudlian sense of humour come to the fore!

BTW if anyone wants to actually talk about football feel free to pop on the Spurs thread.

I read your post after the game and thought it pretty sporting so don't really know where Red is coming from.

Actually as far as the way you played goes, i actually thought if anything you were slightly better last night than when you beat us. At least in that spell near the end when you got a goal back. Slightly better than bloody awful though.

Yeah thanks for notice that Rix...anyway as I said it was a poor display on the day from us but could of easily gone wrong for Man Uin the last 10mins, funny thing is football how a game can change so quickly. Think we made it very easy for you at times and that was the most disappointing thing for me.

Should have been a sending off that last man incident don't you think?

To be honest I don't think it was... Looking at a few replays you would understand if the Ref had of given it but it wasn't. We didn't do enough on the day so no point going on about what could of been.

We've got a FA Cup game, Carling Cup Final then a home game in the league against Arsenal - massive few weeks coming up.

I applaud Suarez for his apolgy on the club's website.

I have just seen the management statement and I also applaud Ian Ayre.

Suarez can now become 100% a man (and put this isuue behind him) with a direct apolgy to Evra.

Edited by cardholder

Suarez can now become 100% a man (and put this isuue behind him) with a direct apolgy to Evra.

And as quick as a flash, Evra has said.............................................nothing. Even though Fergie said he was wrong for the celebration.

Your comment is superfluous.

In the interests of putting this sordid episode behind us, Evra's best course of action is to keep his head down.

Evra has nothing to apologise for. If you want to drag it out Suarez's apologies are incomplete - I am not convinced his apolgy is aimed at Evra - only Dalgleish and LFC. Maybe I am being harsh ?????

A longer term issue for Liverpool is Suarez's volatility/unpreductability. Clearly a loose canon as evidence by his inability to comply with club 'rules' re the handshake.

Even Dalgleish (who I admire immensely) must be questionning his blind loyalty to Suarez.

I think the statements from Suarez and Dalgleish, together with the United club statement (below) should be sufficient to allow everyone to move on.

United released a statement which read: "Manchester United thanks Liverpool for the apologies issued following Saturday's game.

"Everyone at Old Trafford wants to move on from this. The history of our two great clubs is one of success and rivalry unparalleled in British football. That should be the focus in the future of all those who love the clubs."

Edited by cardholder

First opportunity to get on the net so here goes. Suarez should have shook Evra's hand, he knew that it was expected by the clubs authorities and the media. He has now apologised but too late in my opinion. This has gone too far and he needs to shape up. The game was crap, we played crap and it made me feel like crap. If you cannot get up for this game then you should be shot. Our tactics were a disgrace, don't we trust our players any more. I watched 6 games on the weekend and we were the only team to play so negatively. Even when they were 2 up we persisted in passing the ball from side to side like we were a couple of goals ahead. When we finally started to play in the last 15 minutes we looked so much better and started to worry United. I think the team selection was way off and that too many players underperformed, that includes Gerrard who should was playing too far back, Spearing who had a shit game,and Henderson who needs to get forward more. I thought United were class to watch at times, but if you sit back and let them play their triangles all game you are going to lose. We were crap.....oh I think I said that all ready

• Like 2

At last a welcome apology from Liverpool, Dalglish AND Suarez. Apologies because, if media reports are correct, Liverpool say Suarez shamed the club by refusing to shake Evra's hand, plus it caused Dalglish to make a bit of a prat of himself with his post match comments on the incident in his interview with Sky Sports.

Yet when Suarez committed a far more serious offence when he racially abused Evra (Suarez admitted using the offending comments himself) all three, Liverpool FC, Dalglish and Suarez said he'd done nothing wrong and refused to apologise.

Makes you wonder where Liverpool's priorities lie.

I think the apologies have probably got more to do with trying to keep the FA happy than they have apologising to Evra, Man U and the supporters/public in general.

At last a welcome apology from Liverpool, Dalglish AND Suarez. Apologies because, if media reports are correct, Liverpool say Suarez shamed the club by refusing to shake Evra's hand, plus it caused Dalglish to make a bit of a prat of himself with his post match comments on the incident in his interview with Sky Sports.

Yet when Suarez committed a far more serious offence when he racially abused Evra (Suarez admitted using the offending comments himself) all three, Liverpool FC, Dalglish and Suarez said he'd done nothing wrong and refused to apologise.

I think the apologies have probably got more to do with trying to keep the FA happy than they have apologising to Evra, Man U and the supporters/public in general.

As you say the apology is a welcome thing and I would like to see the back of all of this. But just because the FA committee found in favour of Evra does not mean that Suarez, who like you say admits using the phrase in question, is guilty and therefore needs to apologise for something he does not feel guilty of. If, as he says he did not intend it as a racist comment, then he would naturally not feel a need to apologise. If I were found guilty in a court of law of murder but knew I did not do it, would I apologise? No I would not. Saying all of this I do not understand why he does not make some concillatory gesture rather than inflaming it further

As you say the apology is a welcome thing and I would like to see the back of all of this. But just because the FA committee found in favour of Evra does not mean that Suarez, who like you say admits using the phrase in question, is guilty and therefore needs to apologise for something he does not feel guilty of. If, as he says he did not intend it as a racist comment, then he would naturally not feel a need to apologise. If I were found guilty in a court of law of murder but knew I did not do it, would I apologise? No I would not. Saying all of this I do not understand why he does not make some concillatory gesture rather than inflaming it further

To put this episode behind you I think you have to accept that Suarez is guilty - really guilty and not just not really guilty but caught red-handed admitting he said it because it was the easiest thing to do. He called Evra "Negro" <deleted> how much more guilt do you want ???

He called Evra "Negro" <deleted> how much more guilt do you want ???

Have you read the report of the hearing? If you have, you will know that they investigated the use of the word in that region and accepted that it is widely used as both an affectionate term and also as an offensive term, dependant on the way you say it. So it wasn't the use of the word alone that caused them to find him guilty.

• Like 1

Have you read the report of the hearing? If you have, you will know that they investigated the use of the word in that region and accepted that it is widely used as both an affectionate term and also as an offensive term, dependant on the way you say it. So it wasn't the use of the word alone that caused them to find him guilty.

You are simply quoting the 'defence' argument. The FA DID NOT accept it.

But the panel found that Suarez's argument was ''unsustainable,'' while Evra, a black France defender, was described as a ''credible witness.''

Suarez was condemned as giving ''evidence (that) was unreliable in relation to matters of critical importance'' over the incident during the 1-1 draw.

He is GUILTY Mr Bo, guilty as charged. I am not saying he is a racist but I believe he DID racially abuse Evra. . This loose cannon is certainly capable of a hot-headed reaction. I am equally certain that Evra goaded Suarez

There are much wider racism issues these days that cannot confine the 'offence' to the football pitch. I think John Terry will discover this - to his enormous cost - soon.

• Like 1

It's about time you stopped waffling and faced reality.

Suarez wasn't being affectionate when he said that to Evra. He was intentionally being abusive to try and wind Evra up. He was trying to get a retaliation from Evra that would mean Evra getting a yellow or even red card. On this occasion it didn't work and Suarez should just have apologised immediately for his 'indiscretion' and that would have been the end of the matter.

these sort of attempted wind ups go on all the time on the pitch and no player makes 'affectionate' comments to an opponent 'in the heat of battle' during a game. Suarez knew exactly what he was doing (Dalglish or one of the Liverpool backroom staff probably coached him) it's just that this time he got caught out.

If you're trying to say that in this instance, while battling for the ball, Suarez was being affectionate to 'his good friend' Evra you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

Sounds like the apologies were forced on the club by the American owners. Sad day when it takes an American to teach an English club good manners. Whatever the wrongs and rights of the case, and I personally believe Suarez received a penalty way beyond what was necessary due to the PC hype flying around on this issue, the handshake issue was unbelievably low class of Suarez and low class of Dalgliesh not to spot it was such. Clearly the owners have identified the damage done to the brand, I wonder if Kenny and Suarez have stood back enough from it all yet to realise their extreme folly.

It's about time you stopped waffling and faced reality.

Suarez wasn't being affectionate when he said that to Evra. He was intentionally being abusive to try and wind Evra up. He was trying to get a retaliation from Evra that would mean Evra getting a yellow or even red card. On this occasion it didn't work and Suarez should just have apologised immediately for his 'indiscretion' and that would have been the end of the matter.

these sort of attempted wind ups go on all the time on the pitch and no player makes 'affectionate' comments to an opponent 'in the heat of battle' during a game. Suarez knew exactly what he was doing (Dalglish or one of the Liverpool backroom staff probably coached him) it's just that this time he got caught out.

If you're trying to say that in this instance, while battling for the ball, Suarez was being affectionate to 'his good friend' Evra you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

Read my post again in slow time. All I said was the word alone was not the reason they found him guilty.