Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I've been out of internet connection for ages, so just enjoyed catching up on this thread on Liverpool It Wasn't Me - sorry FC.

Someone (in Liverpool) suggested that Betty Suarez deliberately refused the handshake as he wants out of Liverpool - the city - and this might have been the best way of ensuring it.

I also enjoyed that misguided, Kop-loved, can-do-no-wrong, we-hate-the-American-Owners-but-not-HIM, nincompoop, manager Rafa Benitez - oh, sorry, now it's Prince Kenny they all idolise - getting his come-uppance from more "suits" and Yanks the fans can hate.

Come back Roy, all is forgiven?

Just read this in the UK Daily Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9080385/Liverpools-American-owners-have-decisively-clipped-Kenny-Dalglishs-wings-at-Anfield.html

I've been out of internet connection for ages, so just enjoyed catching up on this thread on Liverpool It Wasn't Me - sorry FC.

Someone (in Liverpool) suggested that Betty Suarez deliberately refused the handshake as he wants out of Liverpool - the city - and this might have been the best way of ensuring it.

I also enjoyed that misguided, Kop-loved, can-do-no-wrong, we-hate-the-American-Owners-but-not-HIM, nincompoop, manager Rafa Benitez - oh, sorry, now it's Prince Kenny they all idolise - getting his come-uppance from more "suits" and Yanks the fans can hate.

http://www.telegraph...at-Anfield.html

We all hope your internet goes on the blink again. After all there's enough junk on it already.

The Suárez apology and the moral lashing administered to the player by managing director Ian Ayre (“he was wrong to mislead us”) left marks on Dalglish’s authority, as did his own apology for snapping at Sky’s Geoff Shreeves when challenged over the Suárez incident. “I did not conduct myself in a manner befitting of a Liverpool manager,” Dalglish conceded.

This was the first real moment in 13 months when he could no longer present himself as the boss.

Not the best read I've had in the last 10 minutes, and pretty much supposition on the journalists part as far as how the owners feel. The part above seems to state that Dalglish was forced to apologise, Perhaps he is just enough of a man to admit he was wrong and behaved inappropriately. If I remember correctly he said he had not seen the video. at least he did apologise. This gets worse by the minute though, bring back football.

Edited by nellyp

The Suárez apology and the moral lashing administered to the player by managing director Ian Ayre (“he was wrong to mislead us”) left marks on Dalglish’s authority, as did his own apology for snapping at Sky’s Geoff Shreeves when challenged over the Suárez incident. “I did not conduct myself in a manner befitting of a Liverpool manager,” Dalglish conceded.

This was the first real moment in 13 months when he could no longer present himself as the boss.

Not the best read I've had in the last 10 minutes, and pretty much supposition on the journalists part as far as how the owners feel. The part above seems to state that Dalglish was forced to apologise, Perhaps he is just enough of a man to admit he was wrong and behaved inappropriately. If I remember correctly he said he had not seen the video. at least he did apologise. This gets worse by the minute though, bring back football.

I think the point that was being made here is that if Suarez did not intend to shake his hand he should have informed his manager etc... I think that was the correct thing to do. I think Dalglish was genuinely surprised that Suarez did not shake Evra's hand but had not informed him before hand of his intentions. I think that say Dlaglish etc could understand Suarex not wishing to shake hands with Evra but they were surprised and I think 'disappointed' that he had not been informed.

Certainly I can understand Suarez not wishing to shake Evra's hand but I do think it is his duty to tell the 'captain/manager' before hand. And he did embarrass Dalglish because it was disrespectful to him that when Suarez did not shake his hand he had not informed the team. But Suarez has apologized to both the club (and I hope to Evra) so lets move on.

To me 'not shaking his hand' is not a big deal (but a little childish). But not shaking his hand deliberately without at least informing his captain beforehand is incredibly unprofessional that he is paid far too well to do.

• Like 1

We all hope your internet goes on the blink again. After all there's enough junk on it already.

I'll line them up, then you can blaze them over the bar like Carthorse Carroll.

Actually I think that Downing is one of the players who leads that category statistically.

Actually I think that Downing is one of the players who leads that category statistically.

Well you could argue for Henderson, Carroll Downing and Adam for that matter! The best new recruit for Liverpool was Bellamy by a mile. Great "find" he was by Comolli.

downing has annoying the shit out of me this season. been a huge disappointment.

i would also add Enrique to the list with Bellamy. Quality player that guy.

I don't understand whats up with Downing. He's been angling to join a big club for ages and when he gets his chance he just drifts in and out of games like its a sunday afternoon kick around.

i would also add Enrique to the list with Bellamy. Quality player that guy.

I don't understand whats up with Downing. He's been angling to join a big club for ages and when he gets his chance he just drifts in and out of games like its a sunday afternoon kick around.

You keep going on about our acquisitions as though we have spent a lot and they are a total disaster. The net spend of 46m over the past year is less than half City or Chelsea.

Then if you look at the acquisitions

Suarez

Enrique

Bellamy

go in the very good tray.....

Henderson

Downing

Adam

Coates

are certainly not disasters. Henderson I like and it is difficult to write off a 21 year old after half a season. Adam has his moments. Coates we will see.

Of course the disaster is Carroll. But that was basically Henry's decision because I know how he trades. In his mind the two worst decisions he could make would 1) not selling Torres when he felt he was grossly overvalued and 2) selling Torres and not replacing him on the basis that you could pick up a cheaper striker in the summer.

Henry was one of the world's most brilliant traders. And you have to realize that you need to be incredibly intelligent to make such a bad trade as Carroll.

And lets be clear here. Carroll is 2 months trading losses for City. And not buying a striker in the January window possibly cost Spurs as much as LFC buying Carroll. Actually overpaying for a decent striker could have made you a lot of money.

So who lost the most. LFC buying Carroll or Spurs buying noone? You dont need to answer because the question is theoretical and so is the answer. Essentially if Wenger will not buy players because they are overvalued he is simply 'wrong' statistically. Because prices dont trend to value over the short term.

BTW Henry is incredibly well known for this. He will buy overvalued players for 2 reasons.

One is simple logic

1) Say not having a goalkeeper because they are overvalued costs you a lot more than the overvaluation of the goalkeeper. That is obvious.

2) What Henry showed which is totally illogical is that price does not trend to value over reasonable time period. So Wenger saying he wont buy a player because they are overvalued is actually wrong because he is assuming that the price will move towards value. Which he has been doing for at least 5 years. In fact prices simply 'trend' which is what Henry's work is all about.

To put it simply if say players are overvalued the assumption that they will be less overvalued within say a year is totally wrong which is why you trade on price not value.

All I can say is that the statement 'I will not buy players because they are overvalued' is simply wrong.

Edited by Abrak

andy carroll's coming good. there's a player in there and he seems to be emerging from his young kid's shell. i genuinely don't care what we paid for him because a) it's not my money and people spend too much time banging on about transfer fees and B) we're still 15m up on the carroll / torres deal.

yesterday was the first time that carroll, gerrard and suarez have started a game together. mad that.

BTW Henry is incredibly well known for this. He will buy overvalued players for 2 reasons.

One is simple logic

1) Say not having a goalkeeper because they are overvalued costs you a lot more than the overvaluation of the goalkeeper. That is obvious.

2) What Henry showed which is totally illogical is that price does not trend to value over reasonable time period. So Wenger saying he wont buy a player because they are overvalued is actually wrong because he is assuming that the price will move towards value. Which he has been doing for at least 5 years. In fact prices simply 'trend' which is what Henry's work is all about.

To put it simply if say players are overvalued the assumption that they will be less overvalued within say a year is totally wrong which is why you trade on price not value.

All I can say is that the statement 'I will not buy players because they are overvalued' is simply wrong.

Even i'm bored with this now

One is simple logic

Ok I agree.

But can you and Smokie stop going on about what a bad buy Carroll was and how our 35m player is sitting on the bench. Because that is far more boring, we know it already and we have moved on.

And actually there isnt much evidence that LFC overpaying 20m for Carroll cost the club more than Spurs not overpaying 20m for a striker.

One is simple logic

Ok I agree.

But can you and Smokie stop going on about what a bad buy Carroll was and how our 35m player is sitting on the bench. Because that is far more boring, we know it already and we have moved on.

And actually there isnt much evidence that LFC overpaying 20m for Carroll cost the club more than Spurs not overpaying 20m for a striker.

I haven't gone on about that for yonks! Thats hurts mate.

I've been going on about kennys 5-4-1 formation advertised as a 4-2-3-1. Oh yes and Charlie "the bullet" Adam.

Anyway, talking about Carroll, yes theres been an improvement. I doubt he'll ever be a top player but he could prove to be a useful weapon and a real handful.

Edited by carmine

One is simple logic

Ok I agree.

I haven't gone on about that for yonks! Thats hurts mate.

I've been going on about kennys 5-4-1 formation advertised as a 4-2-3-1. Oh yes and Charlie "the bullet" Adam.

Anyway, talking about Carroll, yes theres been an improvement. I doubt he'll ever be a top player but he could prove to be a useful weapon and a real handful.

depends on what you mean by a 'top player' doesn't it? david may and djimi traore have both won more european cups than frank lampard for example. this amuses me.

Andy Carroll will never be a quality player until he mans up. Then he may be able to. he also needs better movement, he is way too easy to mark if he is not prepared to get his legs more than a foot off the ground.

I'd rather you line them up and I bolt them back like cart horse Carroll

Andy Carroll will never be a quality player until he mans up. Then he may be able to. he also needs better movement, he is way too easy to mark if he is not prepared to get his legs more than a foot off the ground.

he's a kid man, he's got loads to learn yet. and i think there's enough raw material there for him to become a really useful striker. he's getting there. the transfer fee put way too much expectation on an as yet unfinished talent. he's got to become more than just a target man, which i think he will.

he's a kid man, he's got loads to learn yet. and i think there's enough raw material there for him to become a really useful striker. he's getting there. the transfer fee put way too much expectation on an as yet unfinished talent. he's got to become more than just a target man, which i think he will.

It was a well taken goal he scored last night.

it was mate, and there was a match last season where i saw him take apart the chelsea defence on his own, while playing for newcastle. he's raw, he's got lots of talent and he's dead, dead young. the transfer fee is the sole reason he's come in for flak and people have to get past that.

I agree that he is a kid, but he was also a kid at Newcastle.Just because he is relatively young does not mean it is OK to fall over as much as he does (and moan about everything), he needs to learn to use his size properly. If he can do that I think he can become a good striker, his goal was well taken and not a fluke, and I have seen improvements in his work rate. I hope he does come to fruition and think he can, I just wish he would get on with it.

anyone know the deal with carling cup final broadcast in thailand by the way? sunday's match will be shown right?

I think its on channel 3 or 7.

thanks carmine. that'll be with thai commentary then? always wondered why one of the cable networks out here doesn't pick up the rights to show the final. it's a big enough audience draw.

anyone know the deal with carling cup final broadcast in thailand by the way? sunday's match will be shown right?

I think its on channel 3 or 7.

thanks carmine. that'll be with thai commentary then? always wondered why one of the cable networks out here doesn't pick up the rights to show the final. it's a big enough audience draw.

Not necessarily in Thai. When Spurs played in the CL last season it wasn't on true so we had to make do with the games on 3 or 7. One channel had thai commentary, the other was in english.

but as i said mate i'm not 100% about it.

I watched the final last year and I am pretty sure it was on Channel 7. It only had Thai commentary had it had adverts every 2 minutes so it was all pretty irritating.

I am quite excited about the match - it has been a long time. I only hope we dont go in there thinking that we have won it already. To beat the big boys and then fuc_k it up against a relative minnow would actually slightly sum up our season. And I dont know if you remember last year but when Arsenal finally got to a final and lost, they fell apart for the remains of the season.

I think Dalglish was quite smart giving some priority to the cup. It is quite good value bang for buck. It only takes you 7 matches to win it. You can see why some fans dislike the Europa. Stoke are on their 12th match in the Europa and they are not even in the quarter finals yet. And of course you have to play half your matches in Nakhon Nowhere.

it was mate, and there was a match last season where i saw him take apart the chelsea defence on his own, while playing for newcastle. he's raw, he's got lots of talent and he's dead, dead young. the transfer fee is the sole reason he's come in for flak and people have to get past that.

How old is dead dead young Stevie? coffee1.gif

He is an old fashioned centre forward end of story,the problem with that is he lacks pace which is needed to unlock the best defenses needed.

He will always be a target man because of his size but that is his only asset,work rate seems to me to be average and this is because of his bulk i think,keep playing him that's all i can say.

Never mind the money he is not what you need to do well in Europe,mayeb average in England at best.

• Like 1