Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

This year has obviously seen no progress in league position, but the squad is stronger ,just not as strong as the money spent should have made it. We were also playing some good football in patches, unfortunately those patches seem to be getting smaller and smaller.

the league performances and results have been unacceptable. home form is laughable really. hugely disappointed with a number of the big money signings and with a lot of the decisions made by the manager too, which is where it really begins to grate. were we to win the FA cup as well as the league cup - which given that all our best performances this season have come in 'big games' is very possible - it would still gloss over a really poor league campaign.

Very realistic assessment.

Where do you go from here ?

9th by Sunday.

Need to put everything into the FA Cup now, great chance to get to the Final. We've qualified for Europa anyway, now lets play with some passion and start to throw the youngsters in for the remaining league games and continue to build on the quality play we've shown in spurts this season. I never thought we would be going to Wembley twice in a short space and equally never expected to be looking at 9th (if we lose to Newcastle).

Kenny will be here next year thats for sure, and there will be transfer activity given the Warrior kit deal done = expecting big name signing to go with the launch.

My feelings on this year...we've played some cracking football at times people forget that and matched some of the better teams when up for it but fallen way short against lesser sides and have shown we lack a few leaders when needed kill games.When we lost Lucas that's been massive and we have to alter the way we played. And then loosing Suarez for 8 games had an impact.

You can't compete in x3 cup competitions with a newly put together team and manager and not expect to suffer somewhere (league) We are short of a proven 15+ a season striker - thats been the biggest mistake from Kenny IMO. And we look week on the wings and that includes Downing, who hasn't delivered. Bellamy, Enrique, Coates, Suarez have been excellent signings... Downing, Carroll, Adam have let the manager down - I see a lot of potential in Henderson - he's played far better than Lucas ever did for his first season.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

not sure. we're caught right now. i don't like the shit kenny is getting from phone-in blurts yet i don't want to deal with the fact that kenny may genuinely not be up to the job. he was a long time out and it's a different game now. i still have faith in his knowledge and skill but i don't know. i think, or hope, that the owners will trust him and fund him appropriately in the summer. he's not really spent that much net yet so can't be classed as a failure. and may yet win two cups. so i guess we take stock at the end of may.

• Like 1

not sure. we're caught right now. i don't like the shit kenny is getting from phone-in blurts yet i don't want to deal with the fact that kenny may genuinely not be up to the job. he was a long time out and it's a different game now. i still have faith in his knowledge and skill but i don't know. i think, or hope, that the owners will trust him and fund him appropriately in the summer. he's not really spent that much net yet so can't be classed as a failure. and may yet win two cups. so i guess we take stock at the end of may.

Very sensible approach that Stevie.

Skipping over the obvious that is the league form i still contend that christmas should and will be the defining moment under KK. You have a very good chance in the cup and if you do win it that will give him the time required to bring in some new signings to freshen things up.

Theres been too many outside distractions to state the bloody obvious.

certain signings have been poor, certain injuries crucial, and for me Lucas and gerard in their respective positions created a monster for the manager. Gerard was the key to a link up with Suarez, who needs far too many chances to score and Lucas was the one who shored everything up at the back.

The midfield weaknesses stem from Adam who's too slow and Downing who's ducks out when it matters. i don't know his stats but i would venture to say they are aweful.

On the bright side there are some very good players to build around and the crucial thing would be a prudent summer in the transfer market.

The big unanswered question is whether KK is up for it in the modern game.

a wembley fa cup semi-final against the blue and white <deleted> during songkran you say? things just got a bit more interesting.

grand national is being postponed by a week apparently.

Yes should be a good one! Everton v Liverpool final would of been better for nostalgic reasons.

So the final here we come ;)

Some great posts in here of late. It's good to see everybody looking at it all realistically. Obviously views have been different, but a thumbs up too the views and the arguments they are based on. It makes a change from the slagging off I normally read on forums of all types.

There may be hope for humanity yet, and that guy with half a face and a box will need to reassess the planet (see if you can figure out the reference)

Confirmed reports Charlie Adam will be out for the rest of the season.

This is a shame as I thought he might just get chance to put some better performances in over the remaining games left and this leaves the squad short in midfield!

7 mil buy wasn't bad looking at it overall for a squad player, I personally was one that thought he would excel with the move to a bigger team. He had shown some good passing, creation and a good eye for important assists in early games when he started. Then again this was when he was supported by Lucas in the center of midfield where he had less defensive responsibilities and looked more dangerous higher up the pitch. However he has been agonisingly inconsistent in most of his recent games and looked of the pace when defending and when pressed with some dreadful set pieces time after time... (which looked to be his best asset at Blackpool?)

Maybe a great chance for young Shelvey to step up...who has shown he has tenacity, energy, strength and a good shot and pass in the few chances he has had to play for the first team.

Edited by Devil

Very sensible approach that Stevie.

frankly smokie what other approach is there? My recent KK favourite is him saying that they have to stop playing the beautiful football or words to that effect. What i'd find particularily scary is how detacted from reality he sounds.

Edited by carmine

Somebody lob a few bricks in quickly please. Even Carmine is getting too cuddly for my liking!

Not me for sure although i am aware of the sensitities of the likes of dev and jimjim. I think the rest are ignoring me!

frankly smokie what other approach is there? My recent KK favourite is him saying that they have to stop playing the beautiful football or words to that effect. What i'd find particularily scary is how detacted from reality he sounds.

i didn't give that too much weight as he was just protecting the players really, many of whom - in fact pretty much all of whom against wigan - have been letting him and the club down.

charlie adam being out for the season is totally and utterly 'meh' for me - he's not good enough. i hope we sell him in the summer in fact.

Yes should be a good one! Everton v Liverpool final would of been better for nostalgic reasons.

So the final here we come wink.png

i count no chickens against the tricky blues mate.

rumour is it'll be a 12.15pm uk kickoff rather than the slated 5.15pm. better for us out here, horrible for them making the schlep from merseyside to that london. it'll be dry trains like the carling cup final as well. horrible, horrible.

a wembley fa cup semi-final against the blue and white <deleted> during songkran you say? things just got a bit more interesting.

That's OK then...... Carroll should get a run out at Aintree,Spearing would make a great jockey,

Some great posts in here of late. It's good to see everybody looking at it all realistically. Obviously views have been different, but a thumbs up too the views and the arguments they are based on. It makes a change from the slagging off I normally read on forums of all types.

There may be hope for humanity yet, and that guy with half a face and a box will need to reassess the planet (see if you can figure out the reference)

liverpool.gif

On paper you have to fancy Liverpool for the semi, but being an Everton fan, I have to slap myself around the head and say we'll beat you by more than one goal at Wembley, especially if we score first, as your confidence disappears.

Also, this weekend our respective games are massive.

If Moysey had spent all that money and we were in your position, I'd be deeply unhappy with the manager. I suspect FSG won't hand him a massive transfer budget in the summer, as they see how he goes next season.

On paper you have to fancy Liverpool for the semi, but being an Everton fan, I have to slap myself around the head and say we'll beat you by more than one goal at Wembley, especially if we score first, as your confidence disappears.

Also, this weekend our respective games are massive.

If Moysey had spent all that money and we were in your position, I'd be deeply unhappy with the manager. I suspect FSG won't hand him a massive transfer budget in the summer, as they see how he goes next season.

Maybe liverppol will have to start bringing youth through, might not be a bad thing as they have spunked so much on average players.

Remember Hanson saying you never win anything with kids, how oh so wrong he was, as that turned out to be the backbone of utd for years to come.

That's OK then...... Carroll should get a run out at Aintree,Spearing would make a great jockey,

Do me a favour. Spearings not tall enough to be a jockey.

he's a ringer for a garden gnome, pointy hat, fishing rod.........

Edited by carmine

Perish the thought - Bellamy riding Carthorse Carroll over Beecher's Brook.

Shortly after, it would be the knacker's Yard and the soap maker for the clapped out, jaded nag, but this being Liverpool, he'll be rallied round, draped in love and cosseted from criticism and allowed to uselessly roam around the Anfield pastures for many years.

• Like 2

Shortly after, it would be the knacker's Yard and the soap maker for the clapped out, jaded nag, but this being Liverpool, he'll be rallied round, draped in love and cosseted from criticism and allowed to uselessly roam around the Anfield pastures for many years.

You just explained Gerrard to a tee,,,555

Would that be the Metallica - 'One' video you're referring to?

Fellow reds.

Finally got my hands on a copy of Kenny Dalglish - My Liverpool Home (latest version, new chapters on his return)

Not that I never thought this but the man is pure class for what he has done for this club.

Great read with some really good nastlgic and funny moments about his playing days, banter with players such as Charlie (Souness) right through to memories of Shanks, Pailsy and some very intersting comments in the (new chapters) when he was appointed manager again.

Anyway if you havnt read it - fully reccomended.

Would that be the Metallica - 'One' video you're referring to?

Nope

If it's true about Adam I hope Shelvey does get a crack. One of the things about buying so many midfielders was the lack of chances JJ gets. I want to see him on the pitch more. it was great that Sterling had a run too, I would like to see him feature a bit more next season.

If it's true about Adam I hope Shelvey does get a crack. One of the things about buying so many midfielders was the lack of chances JJ gets. I want to see him on the pitch more. it was great that Sterling had a run too, I would like to see him feature a bit more next season.

agree with this, though i'd expect it to be spearing, henderson and gerrard in the middle against the tricky blues in the semi. no reason not to give shelvey more of a run in the league games, same goes for sterling too.

it is true about adam btw. highly unlikely to feature again at all this season. sort of what he's been doing on and off anyway like.

agree with this, though i'd expect it to be spearing, henderson and gerrard in the middle against the tricky blues in the semi. no reason not to give shelvey more of a run in the league games, same goes for sterling too.

it is true about adam btw. highly unlikely to feature again at all this season. sort of what he's been doing on and off anyway like.

I know our fans in general like spearing, but I'm not one of them. he is too much a one trick pony. He's hardly a midfield destroyer, passing is basic and front man support practically zero. People were worried when he was out (as well as Lucas), but our results have been no better since he came back, he like Adam should have a supporting role. As far as I can see he is expected to just sit and break up the play, which many players do but the good ones also contribute in other areas,we need more support in the box and he needs to do that as well. We have too many players like this, who many fans sing the praises of; but would get no where near a top team. That sort of player should be developing like Henderson, Shelvey , Flanigan, and maybe Kelly, or be older and bringing experience. Come on Kenny in the league I want to see Shelvy, Sterling, Coatez, Kelly and Flanigan getting a good few games, our season is shot anyway; lets bring the youth in. It would be great to see Sterling have an effect like Oxlade-Chamberline at Arsenal, it picks everybody up.

Absolutely right.