Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well Carmine with today's instant media and every fan getting to vent their frustration all over the internet and everyone wanting everything now right now (I think it's become a horrible aspect of getting everything you want instantly with technology these days), I think all fans tend to be short-sighted with their views and don't often take the whole picture into account. The whole "knee-jerk" reaction mindset that's taken over the internet.

Of course I think Carroll should be given more time. Let's forget the crazy fee paid for the moment. He's still young and nowhere near his prime. Also, bigger strikers get better at positioning and using their size with age and tend to hit their prime sometime after 25. I saw a very good statistical analysis to prove this point as well.

So yeah, he's been disappointing, but just like Henderson I think he will improve with age and experience. The question is, how much time do you give him and when will it be clear he maybe needs to be shipped out?

Well Carmine with today's instant media and every fan getting to vent their frustration all over the internet and everyone wanting everything now right now (I think it's become a horrible aspect of getting everything you want instantly with technology these days), I think all fans tend to be short-sighted with their views and don't often take the whole picture into account. The whole "knee-jerk" reaction mindset that's taken over the internet.

Of course I think Carroll should be given more time. Let's forget the crazy fee paid for the moment. He's still young and nowhere near his prime. Also, bigger strikers get better at positioning and using their size with age and tend to hit their prime sometime after 25. I saw a very good statistical analysis to prove this point as well.

So yeah, he's been disappointing, but just like Henderson I think he will improve with age and experience. The question is, how much time do you give him and when will it be clear he maybe needs to be shipped out?

Give him another season and see I would say.

REPLY to #8876

What a load of b*llocks.

btw, most of your "fans" are southerners (or canadians) who simply like a prawn sandwich and a winning team.

Excellent point carmine.

Some time ago I posited on this very forum that if Stockport County had Manure's record of success, this type of person would be supporting Stockport County. I expected to be pilloried for stating the bleedin' obvious, but instead was accused of sour grapes, which took me by surprise.

People obviously may support whomever they wish, and many of them have enormous interest in, and great depth of knowledge of their subject, but crowing over a clubs success when the only reason for following them is their record of success does grate somewhat.

REPLY to #8876

What a load of b*llocks.

btw, most of your "fans" are southerners (or canadians) who simply like a prawn sandwich and a winning team.

Excellent point carmine.

Some time ago I posited on this very forum that if Stockport County had Manure's record of success, this type of person would be supporting Stockport County. I expected to be pilloried for stating the bleedin' obvious, but instead was accused of sour grapes, which took me by surprise.

People obviously may support whomever they wish, and many of them have enormous interest in, and great depth of knowledge of their subject, but crowing over a clubs success when the only reason for following them is their record of success does grate somewhat.

What kind of person? i do think you should of been pilloried with sour grapes!!!.i believe you should follow the club from where you are born or have strong connections from your family.end of.

Dev, theres a geezer on the Spurs forum thats using you special rose tinted specs. reckons we deserved something out of the game last night!!

I think you can support who you want, but you need to follow that team forever. The people who get up my nose are the supporters who jump ship. If you started supporting Liverpool when you were a kid and then started to support chelsea because of their growth and our shrinkage (???) in stature, then you are a tosser FULL STOP.

Most of us start to support as team when you are young. I started to support Liverpool when I was in infants school. Everybody else was supporting Leeds because they were THE team. Personally I started to support Liverpool because my sister did. I came from a small town miles from any club that I would have recognised as a football club, and my father had no interest in football, let alone supported a team. By the time I was old enough to have local loyalty I was already a red through and through, and have been for over 40 years. Lets get off our high horses about the support. If you are on this or any football forum you are a supporter. the prawn sandwich brigade would not waste the time to look at a forum.....they know it all anyway

And I really do feel really really sorry for you guys (on to an untried third string goaile now after inexperience of the second string one got him red-carded). KK could not look at the departing Donni, let alone offer sympathies

Oh no - and now Yakubu has just scored to pull back some of your two goal lead and they look like scoring at will.

[i'd jump ship quick Nelly if I were you].

Well done the 10 men. I feel particularly sorry for Donni - seems unfair he should have a Wembley game danngling in front of him to have it taken away. Didn't realise League misdemeanours carried over into the Cup, or did I mishear he commentators

It's not good for my health watching Liverpool of late, we don't make it easy for ourselves.

Finally we pushed that little extra and kept going and got the winner - well done Andy lad, good game and finally hit the back of the net to grab a winner.

Henderson put in a great shift last night and positives to see Johnson and Agger get some game time.

Brad Jones -well that was unexpected!! Cant believe we are forced to use our 3rd Keeper for the Semi it might of been worse if the Ref had of given another Red.

Expecting the bitters to be hitting balls into the box to test us Saturday and I do fear our Keeper will be our weakest link. Massive game for him and the club, hope he keeps it together on the big day.

Are we now the underdogs for this Semi...

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

I think you can support who you want, but you need to follow that team forever. The people who get up my nose are the supporters who jump ship. If you started supporting Liverpool when you were a kid and then started to support chelsea because of their growth and our shrinkage (???) in stature, then you are a tosser FULL STOP.

Most of us start to support as team when you are young. I started to support Liverpool when I was in infants school. Everybody else was supporting Leeds because they were THE team. Personally I started to support Liverpool because my sister did. I came from a small town miles from any club that I would have recognised as a football club, and my father had no interest in football, let alone supported a team. By the time I was old enough to have local loyalty I was already a red through and through, and have been for over 40 years. Lets get off our high horses about the support. If you are on this or any football forum you are a supporter. the prawn sandwich brigade would not waste the time to look at a forum.....they know it all anyway

Agreed.

And the only people who truly have any right to be astride a high horse are those who can factually say that the club they support is the club nearest their home - and by that i mean, there is no other club nearer, be it whatever league. The fact is, the vast vast majority of supporters, support clubs that are not actually the clubs nearest to their home, but the nearest Premier League or upper division club. The fact is, for the vast vast majority of supporters of Premier League and upper division clubs, there will be smaller clubs nearer to their home. Now yes, there may be a difference in distance between home and club for the guy from Slough who supports Spurs, compared with the guy from Cornwall who supports Celtic, but to my mind we either follow the principle strictly of for supporters to be considered "legitimate" they must support whatever club is nearest to their home, or we don't.

But i'm with you nellyp. There are a whole host of legitimate reasons why we can become attached and connected to a certain club, beyond where our mothers happened to give birth or where our parents decided to bring us up. Most of us have no choice in any of that after all.

Personally I would have loved it if my mother gave birth to me on the pitch at Old Trafford. Alas...

Agreed.

And the only people who truly have any right to be astride a high horse are those who can factually say that the club they support is the club nearest their home - and by that i mean, there is no other club nearer, be it whatever league. The fact is, the vast vast majority of supporters, support clubs that are not actually the clubs nearest to their home, but the nearest Premier League or upper division club. The fact is, for the vast vast majority of supporters of Premier League and upper division clubs, there will be smaller clubs nearer to their home. Now yes, there may be a difference in distance between home and club for the guy from Slough who supports Spurs, compared with the guy from Cornwall who supports Celtic, but to my mind we either follow the principle strictly of for supporters to be considered "legitimate" they must support whatever club is nearest to their home, or we don't.

But i'm with you nellyp. There are a whole host of legitimate reasons why we can become attached and connected to a certain club, beyond where our mothers happened to give birth or where our parents decided to bring us up. Most of us have no choice in any of that after all.

Personally I would have loved it if my mother gave birth to me on the pitch at Old Trafford. Alas...

Rix gets pulled into this one everytime! biggrin.png

NB People from cornwall support the corn God and Man Utd but not Celtic

"Personally I would have loved it if my mother gave birth to me on the pitch at Old Trafford. Alas... "

​Or conceived in the bogs at the Stretford End.....just asking?

Nah - there is the odd ship-jumping prawn sandwich scoffer lurking around here and I respect your right to call me a tosser!

Sorry if i was giving the impression that I was calling you a tosser, I wasn't. Just a general stab at all the so called fans and supporters who have no real feeling for their club.

Agreed.

The groundsman would have been well upset , not to mention your mother.

Nah - there is the odd ship-jumping prawn sandwich scoffer lurking around here and I respect your right to call me a tosser!

Sorry if i was giving the impression that I was calling you a tosser, I wasn't. Just a general stab at all the so called fans and supporters who have no real feeling for their club.

Don't worry I didn't think that, and I'm thick skinned anyway if I did think that.

I don't think any northerner (or Scotsman, Smokie) is going to get much truck back 'home' when he's moved 'sarf and started to support a London team - I'm thin skinned when it comes to that! Supporting my closest team to where I lived in London would have implied Millwall (could have almost crawled there, albeit from the prawn sandwich lofty heights of a heighty loft) .... am I forgiven for not going with that?

Edited by SantiSuk

Don't worry I didn't think that, and I'm thick skinned anyway if I did think that.

I don't think any northerner (or Scotsman, Smokie) is going to get much truck back 'home' when he's moved 'sarf and started to support a London team - I'm thin skinned when it comes to that! Supporting my closest team to where I lived in London would have implied Millwall (could have almost crawled there, albeit from the prawn sandwich lofty heights of a heighty loft) .... am I forgiven for not going with that?

yeah you are ........tosserbiggrin.png

I've made more trips down the Old Kent Road at 2am to get my electric key charged than you have I'll wager! biggrin.png

I've made more trips down the Old Kent Road at 2am to get my electric key charged than you have I'll wager! biggrin.png

What's wrong with a coin meter and a thin-bladed knife with the crimped-up end?

REPLY to #8876

What a load of b*llocks.

Excellent point carmine.

What kind of person? i do think you should of been pilloried with sour grapes!!!.i believe you should follow the club from where you are born or have strong connections from your family.end of.

You seem a bit confused Mr. R, you are attempting to agree with what I say and simultaneously slag me off for saying it. I think you need a pine bi'.o (as they say in Salford) or 7 to clarify your thoughts.wai.gif

TBH If the only people who supported clubs were fans who lived within an x mile radius then the sport wouldn't be half as big as it is. And clubs wouldn't generate half the revenue and we probably wouldn't have the array of talent we do in the premier league.

TBH If the only people who supported clubs were fans who lived within an x mile radius then the sport wouldn't be half as big as it is. And clubs wouldn't generate half the revenue and we probably wouldn't have the array of talent we do in the premier league.

+1

13 miles from Anfield.

10 miles away from Wigan , I don't think they had a team when I was growing up.

I'm guessing 12 miles to the shit hole. That was never an option growing up.

13 miles from Anfield.

10 miles away from Wigan , I don't think they had a team when I was growing up.

I'm guessing 12 miles to the shit hole. That was never an option growing up.

Couple of hundred yards from Everton's 3rd ground.Half a mile from Everton's present ground.

Only one team to choose.

Plus just on CNN news about the Comolli bloke.Pity, wanted him to stay.