Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

A great season,I just don't know why. I think it could be because we believe that next year we will be much better. Carroll has seemed to come to life, Lucas will be back, Gerrard will be fitter, Henderson and shelvy will be involved more, and i really hope to see Sterling a lot more. sad to see Dirk and Maxi go but such is life and I wish them well.

Fantastic to have a man like Kenny back and he'll know what to do and build on this squad over the next few seasons if the owners give home the time.

Wehey! That's the spirit Dev! Well done mate.

I also notice you left out finishing below Everton this season, and I KNOW that's hurting, especially after King Kenny wasted all that money.

He is an idiot.

don't come in the liverpool thread calling kenny dalglish 'an idiot' you two-bob blueshite prick. bearing mind that he's so shit he's won more this season than moyes has in the last ten years.

any chance you could fuc_k off to the everton thread if you've nothing worthwhile to contribute to this one other than trolling?

• Like 1

Final thoughts on the season.

Really enjoyed Getting to two finals as I wasn't expecting that. And getting some silverware for first time in a few years, oh and dumping Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and others out of the cups smile.png beating Chelsea and Everton home and away of course.

Some very good performances in the season but badly failed to finish chances and kill teams off which you could almost say was the worse luck (hitting the post the amount of times we did)

Our league performances for some games were unacceptable with some players not even looking to play with any passion...and some frustrating home performances against so called weaker opposition a issue for a few years now.

Fantastic to have a man like Kenny back and he'll know what to do and build on this squad over the next few seasons if the owners give home the time.

Need to be very astute in the market this summer to get a striker/wide man that can finish and a quality creative midfielder with some experience.

Feeling very optomistic for next season knowing that we've got the right man in charge and the right man in the dugout next to him.

Roll on the new season!

YNWA

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

biggrin.png You're my hero Dev

Dalglish plans ahead while Liverpool owners await explanations

The expected review of Liverpool’s season has begun after Kenny Dalglish flew to Boston on Sunday to meet the club’s American owners amid mounting uncertainty over his position as manager.

Before his departure, Dalglish said that he is continuing to plan for the future and is actively pursuing a number of transfer targets. Whether he is afforded the opportunity to put his strategy into practice will depend on the outcome of pre-planned talks with John W. Henry and Tom Werner, Liverpool’s principal owners.

The Scot has come under pressure after a disappointing Barclays Premier League campaign in which Liverpool lost 14 matches and finished the season in eighth place, their lowest position for 18 years.

That form has tested the faith and patience of Werner and Henry, who had hoped that Dalglish could guide Liverpool closer to the top four after investing in his playing squad during the past two transfer windows.

It is now up to Dalglish and Steve Clarke, his assistant, to convince the American duo that they have a strategy that will yield a significant improvement next season. The two are expected to be informed that another season of underachievement in the league will not be tolerated.

Dalglish has told his players that he is not looking to let any of them leave, with the exception of Fᢩo Aur鬩o, the defender who is out of contract. Instead, the Liverpool manager is looking to add to his squad with Rasmus Elm, the AZ Alkmaar midfield player, and Youn賠Belhanda, the Montpellier winger, under consideration. Dalglish is also hoping to bring Xavi Valero back as goalkeeping coach.

“I don’t know what the Champions League clubs are going to do but we are looking to bring people in,” Dalglish said. “That’s the natural course of events. There are very few seasons that any club hasn’t moved someone in.

“It’s not harder to keep players. Not if they want to stay. If they don’t want to stay, it’s more difficult to keep them. If someone doesn’t want to stay, how can you keep them?

“We don’t want anyone to go. We are going to have a lot of games next year: the Europa League, Carling Cup and Premier League all before Christmas. The better we do in the first two competitions, by the turn of the year we could have four competitions.”

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/...cle3414443.ece

I think that Dalglish should be sounding out Mssrs Henry and Lerner and asking them the make some clearly defined statements of intent for the club and also give him the vocal backing to start next season. Then Liverpool can build. However, if i were a Liverpool fan i'd want to know how much money will be left over for the club once they've thrown loads of cash at the Red Sox and secondly what exactly is the state of play with the new stadium.

In short, the owners need to take away uncertanties asap and allow time to make a solid start to next season.

Just my few setangs worth.

Dalglish said: 'Eventually our luck will turn but we need to wait until August to get this out of our system." And then he stormed off.

He is an idiot.

I think Dalglish has lost Liverpool considerable non-partisan support this season, with his bad attitude in interviews and his Suarez stupidity.

He's won some Everton fans though, with his performances.

I read that Roberto Martinez might take over. Any thoughts?

Not an idiot per say, but certainly has made some idiotic decisions, and certainly the Suarez affair was one of those. Don't expect to get away with saying that in front of a Liverpool fan without being subjected to a hissy fit though. From the same people who will in the next breath be calling SAF a vile pompous arrogant shit.

Nobody does the pedestal treatment quite like a Liverpool fan.

He is an idiot.

don't come in the liverpool thread calling kenny dalglish 'an idiot' you two-bob blueshite prick. bearing mind that he's so shit he's won more this season than moyes has in the last ten years.

any chance you could fuc_k off to the everton thread if you've nothing worthwhile to contribute to this one other than trolling?

If StevieH is going all foulmouthed, inarticulately mouth-foaminingly "Rafa" already, we know KK's time is nigh and stress levels are even higher on this board than they have been all season.

I think that Dalglish should be sounding out Mssrs Henry and Lerner and asking them the make some clearly defined statements of intent for the club and also give him the vocal backing to start next season. Then Liverpool can build. However, if i were a Liverpool fan i'd want to know how much money will be left over for the club once they've thrown loads of cash at the Red Sox and secondly what exactly is the state of play with the new stadium.

In short, the owners need to take away uncertanties asap and allow time to make a solid start to next season.

Just my few setangs worth.

The quickest way Liverpool (or Everton) would get a new stadium would be if they agreed to groundshare, which neither set of fans really wants.

I agree, the owners lack of public support for Kenny Dostoyevsky indicates an early heave ho, but we may all be happily proved wrong.

Trending on twitter now that KD has resigned, if true I wouldnt blame him tbh most likely he asked for full backing from the owners and he didn't get it....

Trending on Twitter.....please behave

Final thoughts on the season.

Really enjoyed Getting to two finals as I wasn't expecting that. And getting some silverware for first time in a few years, oh and dumping Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and others out of the cups smile.png beating Chelsea and Everton home and away of course.

Some very good performances in the season but badly failed to finish chances and kill teams off which you could almost say was the worse luck (hitting the post the amount of times we did)

Our league performances for some games were unacceptable with some players not even looking to play with any passion...and some frustrating home performances against so called weaker opposition a issue for a few years now.

Need to be very astute in the market this summer to get a striker/wide man that can finish and a quality creative midfielder with some experience.

Feeling very optomistic for next season knowing that we've got the right man in charge and the right man in the dugout next to him.

Roll on the new season!

YNWA

Seems your easily pleased Dev 23.gif strange that there was no mention of getting nowhere near the champions league positions but you did win the Egg cup so i suppose that makes up for it 113.gif

Easily pleased?

Being realistic, not easily pleased...I guess knowing your club was being run into the ground by crooks and only 18 months ago we were a week away from administration and in a relegation position playing dog <deleted> football with no hope going forward can make one appreciate and take stock.

Why can't anyone seriously see that out of three competitions we did a good job of getting to two finals. In Kennys first return to the club (half season) he did an amazing job we rose up the table and at times looked unplayable.. no doubt about it, no one else would of bonded the club and team like that or wanted the job under those conditions. The man eats, sleeps and breaths Liverpool football club.

Then in his first full season we win the Carling Cup, we get to the FA Cup final! and are in the Europa again....We have bedded In some youngsters and built a new core team of players.

The reason for optimism is if we can get to 2 finals in the first year and we do get backing to buy 2-3 players in key positions with the return of Lucas - wouldn't you think it will be a better season? Again cause for hope no?

Its up to the owners now though and I am sure they have reviewed the season and put it into perspective... I understood this was supposed to be a 3 year project not 1 year. They will consider we beat all the top 4 teams at one point this season and made two finals with a lot of new faces in the team and new management - with a net spend under 25 mil, that surely says something about the potential of the team and management.

It sounds to me that more fans of other teams who can't wait to have a go at Liverpool or me had more of an expectation that Liverpool would be in the top 4 than our own fans or me...as qualifying for top 4 this year seems to be the only measure of progress - which is were I disagree!

he did an amazing job we rose up the table and at times looked unplayable..

Unplayable, living in a dream world is an understatement

The situation at Liverpool, when the paper of the two reasonable cup runs, is taken away from the cracks, is a third empty cup, that Liverpool fans through their Dalglish coloured specs see as two thirds full, as evidenced in the careful focusing and highlighting going on in Dev's post.

The situation at Liverpool, when the paper of the two reasonable cup runs, is taken away from the cracks, is a third empty cup, that Liverpool fans through their Dalglish coloured specs see as two thirds full, as evidenced in the careful focusing and highlighting going on in Dev's post.

Well i rather enjoy his posts! biggrin.png

Now, back in the real world, i can understand why the old school Liverpool fan is largely blinkered towards Dalglish, and likewise most Spurs fans were the same when Bill Nicholson was coming to the end of his managerial career. When you feel someone is the total embodiment of your club its not easy to find criticism.

What is jaw dropping is the Dunkirk spirit of dev's posts that are totally out of line with most of the Liverpool fans i have spoken to or whose written opinions i have read on websites.

Personally i'd give him until christmas. With a team back to full strength and everyone playing their part it could be a different story but they still need the investment of a couple of quality players.

Whatever happens i would hope Henry gives him some sort of vocal backing very soon which would be the decent thing to do if he is being retained.

• Like 1

Who is going to be the new manager then?

CNN was reporting this morning that Dalglish flew back after a two hour meeting but Clarke stayed on, and the inference was that it wasn't for a holiday.

He is an idiot.

If StevieH is going all foulmouthed, inarticulately mouth-foaminingly "Rafa" already, we know KK's time is nigh and stress levels are even higher on this board than they have been all season.

I'll let it go this time lads. But please keep it civil.

we beat all the top 4 teams at one point this season

incorrect.

Was referring to the end of last season (when Kenny first took over)

Oh yeah forgot about the Spuds smile.png for some reason kept think Chelski were top 4

I used to work with American business partners. Dont assume that Kenny is safe if you don't win the FA Cup! If you win the FA Cup they will give him until Xmas to show top 4 capability.

What the F%#K are you on about? You know this how exactly? I used to work with an alien from Mars, but I have no idea about Martian politics and cannot read minds. Hence my decision not to make wild statements about the future of Mars in general

Bump

In fact I was quite surprised he wasn't given more time. Following the "Chelsea way" wasn't how I envisaged the new board progressing.

Your attacking football at times has been entertaining as well. A sad day for Liverpool.

Shame he wasn't given longer. So much of the poor league position was down to the strikers not doing their jobs properly which is not the managers fault.

In my book there was enough potential in certain performances to warrent more time.