Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

"Joe Cole rejects a lucrative move to Spartak Moscow" Sly Sports jerk.gif

]Cant say i blame him , russia sounds a fucin nightmare !!!

Moscow is a pretty awesome city in my opinion, if you've got the money definitely. About playing football there yeah that could be some nasty conditions.

PSP on the Kirby couch for 100k a week, loooovely chubbily

Leandro Damiao rumour of 3 million loan with view to permanent deal.

Did Santi start this one?

Or tigerfish? biggrin.png

Honestly it's in the Brazilian press now, gaining legs on "Twatter" - probably take until January to get his work permit though :)

Dempsey is all but a Spurs player now. Looks like we couldn't even offer a proper fee for him. He looks lost. Looks like we've done jack all today but get rid of players. I've been screaming and punching everything in sight for the last hour.

Not to mention the Spurs fans will now have full ammunition to come in and gloat and make stupid ass jokes.

edit: Just seen it. 6 million deal done. Dempsey to Spurs. Are you kidding me we couldn't even offer 6 million for a 20 goal per season scorer!?! This is as livid I've been on a transfer day.

Go ahead and have your fun Spurs fans, I'm out...

And by the way, fuc_k off FSG

Freaking beyond pissed off right now.

Pundit said Clint Dempsey at 6 million is a no brainer for Liverpool. Have to say I can agree.

We've paid 20 mil for Downing last year and can't even pay 6 million to give us more goals this season? I'm beyond shocked. Guess this is a season to give youngsters like Adam Morgan time in the cup games. We've let so many go and not got many in, I just can't believe it. We're so thin as a squad right now. We have got in some good quality but we just have no depth at the forward and winger positions.

Watching a live stream for Sky Sports right now, commercial break now but they say they're going to give some Liverpool news after the break. The news may be confirmation we're doing jack crap or it may be we're actually doing something. Fingers crossed I've lost my cool too early...

Dempsey for 6 million looks like a good deal for Spurs

I hope Borini comes good (and immune to injury) asap

Should we (and can we) call Carroll back from West Ham?

Is it worth trying to arrange something with Owen?

Carroll is probably going to play tomorrow so no. The only thing we could do is recall him early in January. Think that might be in the rules but he's officially with West Ham until then, at least. And looks good for Spurs? What the hell do we care as Liverpool fans, Clint was desperate to come to us and we gave insulting bids to Fulham. Massive failure today. Liverpool fans, including me, are pissed off, and I'm one of the ones who usually says we just have to trust they know what they're doing.

As far as getting more depth in our forward line, it's been a massive cockup today. I don't see why we just couldn't pay 6 million for him and get him in. What the hell is wrong with us?

Eccleston sold, though I don't care about that. But go and check the comments on that story on the LFC website; while you always see stupid comments on the LFC site and people being all negative because they think they know better, there's usually more balance. 99% of the comments there are people absolutely livid at FSG and some blaming Rodgers.

http://liverpoolfc.c...s-reds#comments

I don't think you can blame Rodgers for this one. He obviously wanted him, and the owners have let us down today.

Just dumbfounded what's gone on the last couple days, really. Absolutely nuts. We're in four competitions and we need more depth. We're thinner than even last year as far as depth goes for those front 3 positions.

Wingers/strikers out: Maxi, Bellamy, Kuyt, Carroll

Wingers/strikers in: Borini, Assaidi

Really poor today. Whether it's Ayre's fault or the owners' fault, it looks a right big failure all in all.

Well, if we're going to do it this way, I would love to see Suso given a shot at some appearances just like Sterling has done. We don't have much else, do we? With this squad, I can see Sterling getting a lot of games.

I like our first team, we just need more depth up front and it hasn't happened. What. The. Hell.

Glad we have a big match soon to get my mind off of this. Hopefully it's a win. We need a win to raise our spirits!

Edited by Jimjim

On Dempsey, it sounds like Fulham wanted to teach Rodgers a lesson, offering him at a higher price than to everyone else, and the Yanks baulked,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9513723/Brendan-Rodgers-in-despair-as-Liverpools-owners-refuse-to-sanction-a-7-million-deal-for-Clint-Dempsey.html

But as for that Carroll to West Ham decision, which everyone thought sounded such a dodgy gamble in posts above, now it really looks like it was.

Dempsey is all but a Spurs player now. Looks like we couldn't even offer a proper fee for him. He looks lost. Looks like we've done jack all today but get rid of players. I've been screaming and punching everything in sight for the last hour.

Not to mention the Spurs fans will now have full ammunition to come in and gloat and make stupid ass jokes.

edit: Just seen it. 6 million deal done. Dempsey to Spurs. Are you kidding me we couldn't even offer 6 million for a 20 goal per season scorer!?! This is as livid I've been on a transfer day.

tom werner, april 2012: “I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football,”

club statement, june 12 after rodgers' appointment: “The owners are always willing to provide funds where necessary to strengthen the squad. There will be no requirement to sell players this summer in order to fund new purchases.”

they're as full of shit as the last lot these. just not as blatantly, publicly offensive.

• Like 1

tom werner, april 2012: “I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football,”

club statement, june 12 after rodgers' appointment: “The owners are always willing to provide funds where necessary to strengthen the squad. There will be no requirement to sell players this summer in order to fund new purchases.”

they're as full of shit as the last lot these. just not as blatantly, publicly offensive.

Yes thats the sum of it. Must be very frustrating indeed for Rodgers having his squad weakened in this t/f window.

apparently rodgers is furious. best part of 25m a year cut off the wage bill, he was told yes we'll sign dempsey if you let carroll go on loan, then he finds out we don't have the money to sign dempsey. fuc_king farce of a football club we are.

A real knife in the back for BR....as much as i am sceptical about his appointment.......he deserves to be backed when he wants a player...especially when its 6/7 million for a 20 goal man.......a bargain at any price.....

So if Suarez is injured LFC are screwed as they dont have a recognised senior striker............the Americans are starting to show their true colours I fear.........its going to be a rough season.

Innnnnnn the red corner we have Brendan Fraser who took the middle weight by storm last year, moving up the heavy weight for his crack at the big time. WHAT'S this................his trainer has just kicked him in the <deleted> after the first round, that's got to hurt.

As much as I like Liverpool to lose, I do feel sorry for you guys after this transfer window. Shocking! BR has a hard enough job cracking the top 4, now the team must be low on moral and he is supposed to wave a magic wand? Terrible.

I think you are going to have problems this year, but I hope you don't.

I'm not sure if the owners are just stupid (i.e. have no clue what kind of financial commitment is needed to match their stated ambitions) or actually cunning (i.e. maybe what has happened recently gives some clues to the real reason why they replaced Dalglish with Rodgers).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I'm not sure if the owners are just stupid (i.e. have no clue what kind of financial commitment is needed to match their stated ambitions) or actually cunning (i.e. maybe what has happened recently gives some clues to the real reason why they replaced Dalglish with Rodgers).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

They are only interested in the balance books and as far as the books are concerned they know exactly what they are doing. FSG have invested zilch out of their own pocket, slashed the wage bill, taken a huge step back from anything regards a new stadium, betrayed the hopes and aspirations of the fans and the manager within two weeks of the season starting and don't bother to even make appearances on match day.

I'd love to see them on Hardtalk trying to explain how their actions are in any way beneficial to the club and whether they think its a feisable expectation to finish top four. i would imagine the answer to be that as long as they can bleed enough profit out of the global brand they don't give a toss about champions league football. Put simply, they bought a brand and thats all they care about.

the wage bill slashing is just massive though.

And I think u've hit the nail on the head there steve, u lost siggy to us why? wages A major factor u got rid of caroll, wages.

And why did u lose dempsey, Cant see u not being able to finace/,raise 6 mil, <deleted> you turn over huge amounts, if u COULDNT it

would suggest your bordeline insolvent,and tbh cant see that. a factor had to be wages, rodgers and the owners to me are

lookin realign the clubs wage structure and get some real value for money

not such a bad thing

the wage bill slashing is just massive though.

And I think u've hit the nail on the head there steve, u lost siggy to us why? wages A major factor u got rid of caroll, wages.

And why did u lose dempsey, Cant see u not being able to finace/,raise 6 mil, <deleted> you turn over huge amounts, if u COULDNT it

would suggest your bordeline insolvent,and tbh cant see that. a factor had to be wages, rodgers and the owners to me are

lookin realign the clubs wage structure and get some real value for money

not such a bad thing

What exactly is "not such a bad thing?" henry and werner are beginning to look like a total hightmare.

And Rodgers will have no say whatsoever in their financial policies. He is staff effectively Riji not a main shareholder. His job is to put together the best squad possible. This involves spending money. The offer the club made to fulham for dempsey was derisory and had nothing to do with the manager. Whats more before you discuss player wages you have to agree a transfer fee.

Where exactly do you come up with "not a bad thing?"

Edited by carmine