Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Wellbeck and Young both play for England and Wellbeck is doing quite well wouldn't you say tongue.png

In fact Smokes we could put out an all English team at United and still give most a very good thrashing,i don't think many in the premier League can do that smile.png

Ben Amos

Phil Jones

Rio Ferdinand

Chris Smalling

Michael Carrick

Tom Cleverly

Paul Scholes

Nick Powell

Ashley Young

Danny Wellbeck

Wayne Rooney

If you wanted a British team we could throw in Ryan Giggs,Darren Feltcher and Johnny Evans biggrin.png

Not a bad side managed by a British manager....now where were we!!

Edited by MrRed

And with regards Suarez and Aguero, i'd actually put Aguero marginally ahead on the basis he is less prone to doing something stupid.

i would have last season. think this term so far though suarez has been the best player in the league and is carrying us. he's unplayable at the moment.

if our lovely owners sold him in january there'd be riots. short of city offering 60m or more i don't see it being a possibility.

And with regards Suarez and Aguero, i'd actually put Aguero marginally ahead on the basis he is less prone to doing something stupid.

i would have last season. think this term so far though suarez has been the best player in the league and is carrying us. he's unplayable at the moment.

True but he's still prone to stupidity.

True but he's still prone to stupidity.

in what way do you mean? the anger and theatrics detracting from his game?

His general attitude sometimes just too antsy and reckless. Everton game was a good example. If opposing players get stuck in to him (sometimes even if they don't) he can usually be relied upon to react and get himself in trouble.

His general attitude sometimes just too antsy and reckless. Everton game was a good example. If opposing players get stuck in to him (sometimes even if they don't) he can usually be relied upon to react and get himself in trouble.

i know what you mean and i think most liverpool fans do. but he's been a lot calmer this season already, as evidenced by his goal tally compared to last season. in his defence against everton he got the shit kicked out of him, as he has in most games this season. stoke and newcastle were a joke.

think he's going through the same sort of thing rooney did - rooney used to react and let his anger get the better of him, the press said he wouldn't be the same player if you take that out of his game and then he grew up. suarez is younger than rooney, bit i think he's getting there. growing up basically.

Any more dramas like selling a striker without having one coming in, when you have such a paucity in that area and I wouldn't count against either

I do wonder why there is such a scarcity of quality strikers in the English game at the moment. Any ideas folks?

Barring the top 3 ISH Better wages else where?

Any more dramas like selling a striker without having one coming in, when you have such a paucity in that area and I wouldn't count against either

I do wonder why there is such a scarcity of quality strikers in the English game at the moment. Any ideas folks?

Barring the top 3 ISH Better wages else where?

I meant home grown rij.

if our lovely owners sold him in january there'd be riots. short of city offering 60m or more i don't see it being a possibility.

Did you think the same with Torres or did you expect him to leave? Chelsea came in with a huge off maybe city will do the same.

Torres had a love for Liverpool and i think Suarez does too, but in this day and age money talks.

I'd definately be worrying. City are likely to offer 45m+ and a striker, maybe Dzecko for example. i can see the owners taking that too, whether Rodgers has a say in it i would doubt.

Did you think the same with Torres or did you expect him to leave? Chelsea came in with a huge off maybe city will do the same.

Torres had a love for Liverpool and i think Suarez does too, but in this day and age money talks.

different eras at the club. torres had been repeatedly lied to by hicks, gillett and their minions about investment in the club. so he was completely pissed off. we kept selling players for lots of money and not spending any so the club could never kick on. couple that with the fact that benitez was fighting daily battles with literally everyone for the future of the club and torres was just off. he'd fallen out of love with the club. suarez hasn't.

• Like 1

I'd definately be worrying. City are likely to offer 45m+ and a striker, maybe Dzecko for example. i can see the owners taking that too, whether Rodgers has a say in it i would doubt.

they'd get lynched. people would have to fly to boston to lynch them but they'd do it.

they'd get lynched. people would have to fly to boston to lynch them but they'd do it.

Just saying because they are so out of touch with everything, club, fans et al, imo they would do it. They'd see it as great business.

Liverpool fans would then wake up to another letter from John Henry explaining why its the way forward

Edited by carmine

Just saying because they are so out of touch with everything, club, fans et al, imo they would do it. They'd see it as great business.

Liverpool fans would then wake up to another letter from John Henry explaining why its the way forward

rodgers would have to go public in opposition to it or his job would be worthless as well.

i don't think it's going to happen anyway, think it's just city sabre-rattling because they're not playing that well and balotelli's seen his arse again. next summer might be a different matter though if FSG don't actually start investing and trying to get us progressing.

rodgers would have to go public in opposition to it or his job would be worthless as well.

i don't think it's going to happen anyway, think it's just city sabre-rattling because they're not playing that well and balotelli's seen his arse again. next summer might be a different matter though if FSG don't actually start investing and trying to get us progressing.

The wages would also be a problem i suppose but then again City are happy to continue paying the wages of former employees!

Mindyou, its most likely to be an El Cashico scrap for Falcao

different eras at the club. torres had been repeatedly lied to by hicks, gillett and their minions about investment in the club. so he was completely pissed off. we kept selling players for lots of money and not spending any so the club could never kick on. couple that with the fact that benitez was fighting daily battles with literally everyone for the future of the club and torres was just off. he'd fallen out of love with the club. suarez hasn't.

Suarez is in love with Liverpool FC? Erm ok, if you say so. Personally, and with a few notable exceptions, i'm a bit sceptical about the whole business of players supposedly loving clubs. Most of them love themselves so much, it's hard to imagine how they would have any love left over spare.

• Like 1

Suarez is in love with Liverpool FC? Erm ok, if you say so. Personally, and with a few notable exceptions, i'm a bit sceptical about the whole business of players supposedly loving clubs. Most of them love themselves so much, it's hard to imagine how they would have any love left over spare.

boo, well who's a sulky puss this fine morning? cheer up rix. ;)

you're probably right but there's a world of difference between suarez now and torres when he left.

on the plus front this morning stewart downing's been told to eff off in january and was photographed meeting with david moyes yesterday. what a truly disastrous waste of money he's been and what a massive, massive fanny the boy seems to be.

i agree Rix. With the notable exeption of Jamie Carragher, or any other scousers, i very much doubt the feeling goes any further than like the club and feel at home.

there.

Moeny number one, same same Thailand

boo, well who's a sulky puss this fine morning? cheer up rix. wink.png

you're probably right but there's a world of difference between suarez now and torres when he left.

on the plus front this morning stewart downing's been told to eff off in january and was photographed meeting with david moyes yesterday. what a truly disastrous waste of money he's been and what a massive, massive fanny the boy seems to be.

Why would you sell him to a club with no money? Theres other clubs that are probably still happy to part with 10m for the useless waste of space. The likes of QPR for example. Maybe even Villa...

Why would you sell him to a club with no money? Theres other clubs that are probably still happy to part with 10m for the useless waste of space. The likes of QPR for example. Maybe even Villa...

we're not getting 10m for him. be surprised if we get more than 5m. and perhaps everton will have some money in january when chelsea buy fellaini?

remember me mentioning a while back that downing was last into training and first to leave? he's just a lazy shithouse apparently.

Whether you like Mancini or not, the one thing you cannot deny is that he is honest in his interviews.

He has vehemently denied that City have an interest in Suarez.

Falcao and Jovetic yes, but Suarez No. And to be honest I wouldnt really want him. Very good player and all that, just too much baggage. We already have that with Mariolaugh.png

Who exactly is cheered up at 9 o'clock in the morning after a Friday night, apart from perhaps the odd American?

Whilst i may not be cheered up, i have woken up... unlike some....

Really?!... "he's in love with us"...cheesy.gif ...must of been an exceptional lay last night to have your head so high up in the clouds there Stevie. wink.png

Who exactly is cheered up at 9 o'clock in the morning after a Friday night, apart from perhaps the odd American?

Whilst i may not be cheered up, i have woken up... unlike some....

Really?!... "he's in love with us"...cheesy.gif ...must of been an exceptional lay last night to have your head so high up in the clouds there Stevie. wink.png

sad.png Oooooohhhhh somebody fell out of bed the wrong side this morning!!!laugh.png

He's a diver is that jonny foreigner bloke Suarez....smile.png

Edited by carmine