Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

So it looks like Suarez is going nowhere and Sterling is going to sign a new contract. Just to add Torres wants out in Jan. Oh imagine if FSG stumped up the money to bring him back here. I'd sell Carroll cut price for 15Mil if Newcastle were willing to pay that.

I think Ashley would snap your hand off at 15M

it's a catch-22 really, i'm delighted to see sterling, suso and wisdom getting a game on merit and i think that shelvey could become a hell of a player in time. but it's tempered by the sheer disappointment with downing, cole, enrique etc. i'd actually sack downing if what's been rumoured about him in training is true.

really hoping we get to see a bit more of yesil the young striker soon too

All these youngsters your raving on about stevie as a matter of interest how many of them are home produced ? or was they all nicked off other clubs !

not really sure what the difference is these days alfie. what's your definition of 'home produced'?

Maybe not though...he is a bit thick after all..

indeed, quite thick. though as a uruguayan he is at least not from a country which is colonised by thick people. wink.png

Nows your chance to prove to stevie you're not the class dunce smokes by explaining this to me laugh.png

Oh and stevie, please tell me which of Peps trophies was a greater achievement than Porto's CL win?

They risk bringing more attention to themselves if they don't invest in Jan and if someone like Suarez walks away we drop back further behind. I've got a feeling they will spend a fair bit in Jan.

Bet they don't. They'll do no more than spend some of the proceeds from players sold. we'll see.

They risk bringing more attention to themselves if they don't invest in Jan and if someone like Suarez walks away we drop back further behind. I've got a feeling they will spend a fair bit in Jan.

Offer Suarez for Nasri and Balotelli + loadsa cash.....he's a class above them though.

You know some part of me (the negative part) wants them to so that so our best players leave leaving them in the spotlight. I want them to sell the club as they are not capable of spending what's required to compete at this level. They came in with rose tinted FFP branded glasses on and I think at this sage they are wondering how to move on.

Nows your chance to prove to stevie you're not the class dunce smokes by explaining this to me laugh.png

Oh and stevie, please tell me which of Peps trophies was a greater achievement than Porto's CL win?

it was a trainspotting reference carmine. renton's rant about the english.

sorry, what are you asking? about comparing guardiola with mourinho? i'm not getting into that one here and certainly not in the liverpool thread. suffice to say that one of them seems a likable bloke and the other is just vile.

You know some part of me (the negative part) wants them to so that so our best players leave leaving them in the spotlight. I want them to sell the club as they are not capable of spending what's required to compete at this level. They came in with rose tinted FFP branded glasses on and I think at this sage they are wondering how to move on.

that's not negative. that's called cutting your testicles off with a rusty spoon to spite your face.

it's a catch-22 really, i'm delighted to see sterling, suso and wisdom getting a game on merit and i think that shelvey could become a hell of a player in time. but it's tempered by the sheer disappointment with downing, cole, enrique etc. i'd actually sack downing if what's been rumoured about him in training is true.

All these youngsters your raving on about stevie as a matter of interest how many of them are home produced ? or was they all nicked off other clubs !

not really sure what the difference is these days alfie. what's your definition of 'home produced'?

That wasn't a trick question Stevie, honest, you obviously don't understand the question 40.gifso i will explain to you, the difference these days is the same as it always has been by the way, home produced are players bought through the academy, nicked off other clubs means you purchased from other clubs !

Maybe not though...he is a bit thick after all..

indeed, quite thick. though as a uruguayan he is at least not from a country which is colonised by thick people. ;)

We're simply currently in union with your self proclaimed thick people.

You shouldn't rely on Irvine Welsh quotes for the truth Stevie, but I'll let it go this time as you are nearly half English.

That wasn't a trick question Stevie, honest, you obviously don't understand the question 40.gifso i will explain to you, the difference these days is the same as it always has been by the way, home produced are players bought through the academy, nicked off other clubs means you purchased from other clubs !

well it depends what age you 'nick' them then doesn't it? since the players have to come from somewhere.

of the players that have played in liverpool's first team this season i think flanagan, robinson. kelly, coady, morgan and wisdom are all 'home grown'. sterling and suso were bought or 'nicked' from other clubs.

but clubs have done this forever. by your criteria man united 'nicked' david beckham. so i'm not really sure what your point is.

well it depends what age you 'nick' them then doesn't it? since the players have to come from somewhere.

of the players that have played in liverpool's first team this season i think flanagan, robinson. kelly, coady, morgan and wisdom are all 'home grown'. sterling and suso were bought or 'nicked' from other clubs.

but clubs have done this forever. by your criteria man united 'nicked' david beckham. so i'm not really sure what your point is.

No need to get so uppety Stevie,

you mentioned 5 players in the this piece

And all i asked was how many were home produced or to simplify things for you, how many were purchased ?

Edited by alfieconn

I think Alfie if you sign a player is irrelevant here(all are signed on a contract are they not) at what age is the most important aspect ........if they have attended your academy and played for the under 18's then surely you can say that they have been brought through the ranks and are "homegrown" within the standards set out by the club ...ie style of play ...and been on the many courses that clubs now give these young players.

To clarify if you sign a player who is 19,20 and is at a level to play for the first team then he cannot be homegrown as in Nick Powell at United.

Danny Wellbeck would be considered "homegrown" smile.png

And all i asked was how many were home produced or to simplify things for you, how many were purchased ?

i wasn't being arsey alfie, was just genuinely confused by what you meant because the definitions have changed these days. we paid money for sterling before he'd signed a pro contract i think. whereas shelvey was already a first-team pro on a contract who we signed, so that's different. yesil the same. wisdom, coady, morgan, flanagan, robinson all came through the melwood academy. so did suso but we nicked him from barca as a kid before he signed a deal etc. think we paid compensation. the goalposts aren't the same as they used to be with this stuff.

i wasn't being arsey alfie, was just genuinely confused by what you meant because the definitions have changed these days. we paid money for sterling before he'd signed a pro contract i think. whereas shelvey was already a first-team pro on a contract who we signed, so that's different. yesil the same. wisdom, coady, morgan, flanagan, robinson all came through the melwood academy. so did suso but we nicked him from barca as a kid before he signed a deal etc. think we paid compensation. the goalposts aren't the same as they used to be with this stuff.

I always thought homegrown meant you learnt your trade at the club you are playing for, Sterling learnt his at Qpr therefore is not homegrown at Liverpool, Flanagan has spent all his youth at Liverpool so is homegrown !

the league definitions are different now with a view to your squad of 25, but i know what you mean. times have changed mate, clubs poach talented kids from all over. and have for a while.

it's sort of quaint that you still call it a 'trade' though. ;)

Apparently Brendo Rodgers was really pleased with the quality of your play!! Sounds about as accurate as Villas-Boas informing the press that we controlled the north london derby from start to finish.

If that performance is something that a manager of Liverpool is happy with i should start worrying

i think we're sliding a bit, and brendan and a lot of fans are clinging to any positives they can get hold of. we're eight games unbeaten but that papers over the cracks a bit - we have looked at least as likely to lose matches as we have to win them. not really been unlucky per se. sterling looks in need of a rest, so does allen. we're still missing lucas, gerrard looks a bit lost at sea, and if it weren't for suarez and johnson at the minute we'd be in a bit of trouble.

i think we're sliding a bit, and brendan and a lot of fans are clinging to any positives they can get hold of. we're eight games unbeaten but that papers over the cracks a bit - we have looked at least as likely to lose matches as we have to win them. not really been unlucky per se. sterling looks in need of a rest, so does allen. we're still missing lucas, gerrard looks a bit lost at sea, and if it weren't for suarez and johnson at the minute we'd be in a bit of trouble.

Yes 8 games unbeaten,but no luck at all last night,Sterling rattled the bar,a few other close chances,but could not find the net.grrrr.

Allen produced a few clumsy tackles,and yes i thought Gerrard at times was in 2nd gear.Suarez tried hard as usual with no joy.Downing....never in the game.

Would much rather win one lose one than this succession of draws, we really need to put away and make chances...same old story I am afraid, shoudla coulda woulda........Just hope Suarez does not get to disheartened...chances are he will.

Stuart Downing......one of the worst LFC players I have ever seen, the lazy tw@t

8 games unbeaten does paper over the cracks a bit but when you take I to account we only have 1 established striker and how bad our form was at the start of the season I think it's the best we could have hoped for.

I can only assume Downing playing is 1 last chance in the shop window before he is moved on in January at cut price.

A bit more creativity and tooth up front and we could have won by a few yesterday. All eyes on FSG now. They need to deliver in the transfer window.

8 games unbeaten does paper over the cracks a bit but when you take I to account we only have 1 established striker and how bad our form was at the start of the season I think it's the best we could have hoped for.

I can only assume Downing playing is 1 last chance in the shop window before he is moved on in January at cut price.

A bit more creativity and tooth up front and we could have won by a few yesterday. All eyes on FSG now. They need to deliver in the transfer window.

What cracks does it paper over? that you have won a grand total of 3 out or 13 in the premier league, for a club with the stature of liverpool that is just not good enough.

What cracks does it paper over? that you have won a grand total of 3 out or 13 in the premier league, for a club with the stature of liverpool that is just not good enough.

the cracks are that we've a paper-thin squad and are almost totally reliant on suarez for goals. the fact that eight games unbeaten sounds like steps in the right direction and progress are what is papering over it. it's a difficult balancing act - that goal of enrique's yesterday would have been given by some linesmen, we should have had two additional points from goodison. another four points and we'd look a lot better off in the table. but we're still very fragile and in need of new signings in january.