Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Surely Suarez would be on anyone's radar, he's the best in the country along with Bale (different styles).

Last week I said i would vote him player of the year on football merits alone. There is no doubts about his ability, I just don't think we need another loose canon and we have enough short asses as it is smile.png

Go on mrboj...name your three signings for the summer.

Bale and which other two...? biggrin.png

I would have Bale, football ability aside, i like his attitude. But he'd have to get used to not being the centre of attention tongue.png

As for the other two, difficult as I don't know who we are getting rid of yet. Defensively, when injury free I think we are ok. Midfield we need to shuffle big style and off load several. IMO Barry's time is up, Nasri has failed to impress, Garcia is getting better but Rodwell and Sinclair haven't had much of a shout.

It's up front we need shoring up and additional options. Ballotelli has gone and Santa Cruz will in summer, so that's a couple of wages saved to put towards new signings. If Dzecko goes, that's another.

I think in short. If Mancini stays and he wants to press on with playing 3-5-2 we need somebody who knows how to play it laugh.png

Career wise though i think City might make more sense. Doesn't have to move home, gets as much money as he'll get anywhere else, gets to be star of the show, guaranteed to play.... plenty of time for him to make the move to Spain.

Actually i thought he was younger than he is. Had him at about 24. Apparently he is 27. So if he's going to go to a Barca or a Real Madrid, now is the time. Scrap the above.

he turned 26 in January

Ah ok. Serves me right for believing what the presenter on FanZone told me last night.

In that case, my advice to Suarez would be, were i his agent, one more season with Liverpool and then off to sunny Spain.

i think that's the most likely scenario. which makes this summer a massive one for us and for FSG. if we buy the right players this summer - including a defensive overhaul - and qualify for the CL next season then we give him far less of a reason to want or need to move on. fingers crossed the club gets it right in the transfer market this summer and rodgers has learned the right lessons from this season's cock-ups.

• Like 1

I would have Bale, football ability aside, i like his attitude. But he'd have to get used to not being the centre of attention tongue.png

As for the other two, difficult as I don't know who we are getting rid of yet. Defensively, when injury free I think we are ok. Midfield we need to shuffle big style and off load several. IMO Barry's time is up, Nasri has failed to impress, Garcia is getting better but Rodwell and Sinclair haven't had much of a shout.

It's up front we need shoring up and additional options. Ballotelli has gone and Santa Cruz will in summer, so that's a couple of wages saved to put towards new signings. If Dzecko goes, that's another.

I think in short. If Mancini stays and he wants to press on with playing 3-5-2 we need somebody who knows how to play it laugh.png

Bring on Falcao ! He's a beast without diva attitude, and would work well with Aguero and Silva.

Blimey Mr B! You aren't the Champions any more and no-one's going to go near your club.

Look at the players City and Chelsea have destroyed, especially the English ones .

Your club need stability, not constant star buys. You best pray the arabs hang about this year...otherwise implosion beckons,,,,

i think that's the most likely scenario. which makes this summer a massive one for us and for FSG. if we buy the right players this summer - including a defensive overhaul - and qualify for the CL next season then we give him far less of a reason to want or need to move on. fingers crossed the club gets it right in the transfer market this summer and rodgers has learned the right lessons from this season's cock-ups.

It seems like the scousers have finally realised that qualifying for the CL ( took a while though ) is unrealistic for this season ! now its a forgone conclusion for next season 40.gif24.gif

It seems like the scousers have finally realised that qualifying for the CL ( took a while though ) is unrealistic for this season ! now its a forgone conclusion for next season 40.gif 24.gif

i must have missed when 'if' became a 'foregone conclusion' alfie. good LOLing at your own erroneous post, mind.

• Like 2

You best pray the arabs hang about this year...otherwise implosion beckons,,,,

No praying required HD. They'll be around and I'd bet you my best flat cap and ferret on it being so.

Ferrets!!! I thought you northern lads all had a whippet and a racing pidgeon?

You best pray the arabs hang about this year...otherwise implosion beckons,,,,

No praying required HD. They'll be around and I'd bet you my best flat cap and ferret on it being so.

Ferrets!!! I thought you northern lads all had a whippet and a racing pidgeon?

I'm not that confident were i'd risk losing those Carms

• Like 2

It seems like the scousers have finally realised that qualifying for the CL ( took a while though ) is unrealistic for this season ! now its a forgone conclusion for next season 40.gif 24.gif

i must have missed when 'if' became a 'foregone conclusion' alfie. good LOLing at your own erroneous post, mind.

No no no Stevie i'm not having that, you said

if we buy the right players this summer - including a defensive overhaul - and qualify for the CL next season

The "if" refers to buying the right players, you didn't say "if we qualify for the CL next season".

No no no Stevie i'm not having that, you said

>if we buy the right players this summer - including a defensive overhaul - and qualify for the CL next season

The "if" refers to buying the right players, you didn't say "if we qualify for the CL next season".

"if we buy the right players and qualify for the CL next season." it's first year english grammatical conjunction this alfie. detention for you sunshine.

• Like 2

"if we buy the right players and qualify for the CL next season." it's first year english grammatical conjunction this alfie. detention for you sunshine.

And so is starting a sentence with a capital letter, but hey this is the football forum, not the grammatically correct forum so who cares.

And so is starting a sentence with a capital letter, but hey this is the football forum, not the grammatically correct forum so who cares.

and so is starting a sentence with 'and'. ;)

and so is starting a sentence with 'and'. wink.png

Actually stevie, if I remember correctly, starting a sentence with "and" is a stylistic preference, rather than a grammatical rule that is set in stone.

Still bad form and risking a rap across the knuckles when you were a lad mrboj....no content over syntax in those days.

As its International break lets see a photo of some footie wives/gf's doing onesies with bling the classy birds wot they is! :D

Actually stevie, if I remember correctly, starting a sentence with "and" is a stylistic preference, rather than a grammatical rule that is set in stone.

not set in stone boj, but certainly frowned upon.

anyway, all this grammatical pedantry is distracting from the fact that alfie simply misunderstood what i posted. ;)

Still bad form and risking a rap across the knuckles when you were a lad mrboj....no content over syntax in those days.

It's not something I ever do myself and most teachers wouldn't teach it but all I'm saying is that it's not grammatically wrong.

It's not something I ever do myself and most teachers wouldn't teach it but all I'm saying is that it's not grammatically wrong.

And so it came to pass... that the grammar lesson ended.

• Like 1

I love it nelly....I'm still waiting for the pics of the chicks....has migsy sent a group PM banning us from any fun? w00t.gif

thumbsup.gif

They had an early night that's all,most teflers do that on a Sunday don't they,sure they will be back later.

anyway, all this grammatical pedantry is distracting from the fact that alfie simply misunderstood what i posted. wink.png

Yep, due to alfie not understanding English, apparently!

anyway, all this grammatical pedantry is distracting from the fact that alfie simply misunderstood what i posted. wink.png

Ok i got it a bit wrong sad.png biggrin.png but that doesn't detract from the fact that the Bindippers are already talking about qualifying for CL next season coffee1.gif

Edited by alfieconn

There is no rule, but do not use a comma after an initial “and” unless it is the first of a pair of commas that set off a parenthetical phrase

Ok i got it a bit wrong sad.pngbiggrin.png but that doesn't detract from the fact that the Bindippers are already talking about qualifying for CL next season coffee1.gif

except they're not. it was an 'if', alfie. 'if' we sign players and 'if' suarez stays this summer and 'if' we could use both aforesaid things to qualify for the CL next season then perhaps suarez would not necessarily need to move on somewhere else.

and 'if' you keep this up it won't be just detention for you we'll have to hold you back a year.

I seem to remember stevie you referring to smokie as the class dunce!! And now Alfie being held back for being academically backward....

Can't wait for your appraisal of Rijits grammar...biggrin.png

Edited by carmine