Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Mkhitaryan ! who apparently was in London earlier in the week whistling.gif

That's him apparently he does want to sign for us but apparently the Russians have come in with a ridiculous bid.

He's gone awol, no one knows where he is. The pics of him in London are being passed off as recent but they are from the Chelsea match last season.

Why wouldn't he biggrin.png

Of course I'm sure as young lad he must have been dreaming of one day being signed by Spurs smile.png

Why are you sure of that ?

the mail reckons were considering him, , but its a bollacks paper with bollacks info http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2351111/Tottenham-want-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-Shakhtar.html

and if wiki' believable this could well be a stumbling block for most

On 25 June, Borussia Dortmund made a €25 million ($30 million) bid,[64][65] but in confirming the offer Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin insisted that it fell short of the clubs valuation, which was a single payment of €30m (£25m). In the same press conference, Palkin confirmed the acquisition of Brazilian Fred from Sport Club Internacional for €15m (£12.5m), a likely replacement.[66]

the mail reckons were considering him, , but its a bollacks paper with bollacks info http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2351111/Tottenham-want-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-Shakhtar.html

and if wiki' believable this could well be a stumbling block for most

On 25 June, Borussia Dortmund made a €25 million ($30 million) bid,%5B64%5D%5B65%5D but in confirming the offer Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin insisted that it fell short of the clubs valuation, which was a single payment of €30m (£25m). In the same press conference, Palkin confirmed the acquisition of Brazilian Fred from Sport Club Internacional for €15m (£12.5m), a likely replacement.%5B66%5D

Bernard is the replacement, according to SD fan sites. 22m.

Are Liverpool actually getting stronger to challenge the top four? I think not, on the basis that majority of goals from open play arise from wide positions

If you compare Man Utd and were to name class players in wide positions these would include the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Beckham, Copple, Valencia etc., and not least their complimentary full backs.

If you try and name any for Liverpool, you have to go back some time to the likes of Barnes, Heighway. Or maybe I'm wrong?

It would be interesting to count the percentage of goals scored by Bayern Munich which originated from wide positions in open play, I might hazard a guess this would be one of highest rates. It begs in all the current speculation, where are the quality wide players for Liverpool?

Are Liverpool actually getting stronger to challenge the top four? I think not, on the basis that majority of goals from open play arise from wide positions

If you compare Man Utd and were to name class players in wide positions these would include the likes of Ronaldo, Giggs, Beckham, Copple, Valencia etc., and not least their complimentary full backs.

If you try and name any for Liverpool, you have to go back some time to the likes of Barnes, Heighway. Or maybe I'm wrong?

It would be interesting to count the percentage of goals scored by Bayern Munich which originated from wide positions in open play, I might hazard a guess this would be one of highest rates. It begs in all the current speculation, where are the quality wide players for Liverpool?

You do realise that it's possible for teams to play with different styles? Saying that i really don't care where the goals come from as long as they are scored. I'm much more interested in us stopping so many going in.

You do realise that it's possible for teams to play with different styles? Saying that i really don't care where the goals come from as long as they are scored. I'm much more interested in us stopping so many going in.

Yes, there are always different styles and opinions, but if you understand that the majority of goals are created from wide positions, and finding ways to get behind the defense and beat opposing defenders, then you're always going to struggle to score from open play. Bayern's model which has proved so successful is based on top class wide players like Ribery and Robben and also two quality complimentary full backs (David Alaba and Philip Lahm). So can anyone name any decent wide players in recent years? NO !!

If you cannot and Liverpool never focus on this option, then I'm sorry to say top four is simply not attainable.

Yes, there are always different styles and opinions, but if you understand that the majority of goals are created from wide positions, and finding ways to get behind the defense and beat opposing defenders, then you're always going to struggle to score from open play. Bayern's model which has proved so successful is based on top class wide players like Ribery and Robben and also two quality complimentary full backs (David Alaba and Philip Lahm). So can anyone name any decent wide players in recent years? NO !!

If you cannot and Liverpool never focus on this option, then I'm sorry to say top four is simply not attainable.

Somtamme, I've just had a word with our Brendan about your post. He asked if you would pop round to Melwood and give him a few tips on players to buy and if you are feeling really generous maybe you could offer some further advice about attacking tactics. thumbsup.gif

Barca didn't play with wingers very similar to how Spain and Brazil play also,should be a great game the final of the confederations cup!

5.30am in Thailand Posted Image

Are u mad, who's Messi and also, Spain do play with decent wide players, the likes of Jesus Navas, David Siva etc.

The problem is, Liverpool do not have the funds to compete with rich neighbours, and keep spending indiscriminately to stumble on this option, so until the manager and critically the media grasp this concept, that it is decent wide players that matter, Liverpool will remain a second rate team. I blame Hansen to talking too much about defenders!

My point was if u compare the likes of Man Utd, over recent years, Fergie ensured they had quality wide type players. No-one can name any in recent years!! Second-rate!

Just wondering, Has there been an 'eastern european' that has met the hype or consistently delivered in the prem' over more than half a season ?

Berbatov

Martin Petrov

Styllian Petrov

Edin Dzeko

Begovic

Corluka

Niko Krankar

Slaven Bilic

Alen Boksic

Milan Baros

Patrik Berger

Vladimir Smicer

GEORGI KINKLADZE

Zoltan Gera

Dan Petrescu

Andrei Kanchelski

Ivanovic

Kolarov

Vidic

Skrtel

There is hundreds of them, who have had reasonable success, and in some cases above reasonable.

Any suggestions where to bevvy before and after Liverpool game in BKK,good bar where a few scousers will be?

PST

The last time Liverpool played here there were quite a few around Soi Nana before and after the game.

Any suggestions where to bevvy before and after Liverpool game in BKK,good bar where a few scousers will be?

PST

The last time Liverpool played here there were quite a few around Soi Nana before and after the game.

Thanks for this.I have lived in Thailand for 10 years,since I've lived here, I've managed to get to 2 European cup finals,and an FA cup final,and several Premier League games,but have never seen the Reds play in Bangkok,i haven't actually been to Bangkok either for at least 5 years.I will head to nana and check it out before the game,if anyone else on here is going,and has any more specific bars etc,that would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

PST.

Just wondering, Has there been an 'eastern european' that has met the hype OR consistently delivered in the prem' over more than half a season ?

yeah i should have put an ANDthumbsup.gif

instead of an OR, yep plenty of players that have come over and done well enuf or not as the case maybe, . but I was thinking more in the lines of players that came with huge hype and colossus reputations and lived up to them? the really big ones, like mutu, shevchenko and rebrov who blatantly didnt, boksiic , what a player for juve ,and came with a huge reputation , and if fit i reckon croatia would have won the world cup, but for boro, did he meet the hype? dozeko 4 city another huge reputation,35 ish mil and so far, cant command a regular starting spot, Has there been any really really really huge ones that met the hype and delivered for all concerned?

Just wondering, Has there been an 'eastern european' that has met the hype OR consistently delivered in the prem' over more than half a season ?

instead of an OR, yep plenty of players that have come over and done well enuf or not as the case maybe, . but I was thinking more in the lines of players that came with huge hype and colossus reputations and lived up to them? the really big ones, like mutu, shevchenko and rebrov who blatantly didnt, boksiic , what a player for juve ,and came with a huge reputation , and if fit i reckon croatia would have won the world cup, but for boro, did he meet the hype? dozeko 4 city another huge reputation,35 ish mil and so far, cant command a regular starting spot, Has there been any really really really huge ones that met the hype and delivered for all concerned?

Bit of a thread f&(k don't ye think?

Bit of a thread f&(k don't ye think?

yeah , bac originally i was thinking bout this midfielder from Russia? we were both supposed to be looking at, 25 millish? and 27 goals last season, , which from the little I've seen ranges from decent to absolutely piss poor, i know the need to keep the squad fresh and improve it,and managers moan that uk talent is over priced,!!!! at some point it has to become value for money , is it approaching ? for eg zaha @ 12 ish this boy gayle palace are taking a punt on at 4ish, decent uk talent that maybe needs a chance to develop aint getting it, tbh it needs sorting.

PST

Thanks for this.I have lived in Thailand for 10 years,since I've lived here, I've managed to get to 2 European cup finals,and an FA cup final,and several Premier League games,but have never seen the Reds play in Bangkok,i haven't actually been to Bangkok either for at least 5 years.I will head to nana and check it out before the game,if anyone else on here is going,and has any more specific bars etc,that would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

PST.

Will probably be in Golden Bar before the game (pretty much the 1st bar on the right as you go down Soi 4 from Suk Rd)

PST

Many thanks.

PST.

Will probably be in Golden Bar before the game (pretty much the 1st bar on the right as you go down Soi 4 from Suk Rd)

Sound,will pop in for a drink.How long will it take in a taxi to the stadium (roughly)?,KO is 6pm,but wanted to arrive near the ground 4pm ish,and have a drink there aswell.

PST.

Sound,will pop in for a drink.How long will it take in a taxi to the stadium (roughly)?,KO is 6pm,but wanted to arrive near the ground 4pm ish,and have a drink there aswell.

PST.

No idea as don't live in Bangkok. Probably meeting my mates daughter and her friends near stadium anyway so plan will probably be Golden Bar early doors then head to stadium around 3 ish by cab. Can pm nearer the time for details etc.

PST

Many thanks.

PST.

I would skip the match and watch it on the tele in Nana! Ha ha. I went to the last game in BKK and it was sub-par, really. Most pre-season matches are though I guess. Atmosphere doesn't even compare to a real competitive game in the Premier League. Ended 1-1 though. No Stevie G and Torres only played final 10 minutes. Also I paid 3000 baht for 2 tickets to stand in the rain and then about 1000 Thai fans broke through some barrier and came into our stand to watch for free :). Police didn't stop them as there were so many of them.

PST

Many thanks.

PST.

I would skip the match and watch it on the tele in Nana! Ha ha. I went to the last game in BKK and it was sub-par, really. Most pre-season matches are though I guess. Atmosphere doesn't even compare to a real competitive game in the Premier League. Ended 1-1 though. No Stevie G and Torres only played final 10 minutes. Also I paid 3000 baht for 2 tickets to stand in the rain and then about 1000 Thai fans broke through some barrier and came into our stand to watch for free smile.png. Police didn't stop them as there were so many of them.

Weren't you all wearing yer chored Tacchini and ready for a battle then? tongue.png

• Like 1

PST

Many thanks.

PST.

I would skip the match and watch it on the tele in Nana! Ha ha. I went to the last game in BKK and it was sub-par, really. Most pre-season matches are though I guess. Atmosphere doesn't even compare to a real competitive game in the Premier League. Ended 1-1 though. No Stevie G and Torres only played final 10 minutes. Also I paid 3000 baht for 2 tickets to stand in the rain and then about 1000 Thai fans broke through some barrier and came into our stand to watch for free smile.png. Police didn't stop them as there were so many of them.

Got tickets now,so defo going.Understand that the atmposphere etc wont be brilliant,and the game in itself is secondary to havin' a few days in BKK on the lash with a few fellow scousers who'm i'm travelling with.Where can I get some smoke bombs???

PST.

Barca didn't play with wingers very similar to how Spain and Brazil play also,should be a great game the final of the confederations cup!

5.30am in Thailand sad.png

Are u mad, who's Messi and also, Spain do play with decent wide players, the likes of Jesus Navas, David Siva etc.

The problem is, Liverpool do not have the funds to compete with rich neighbours, and keep spending indiscriminately to stumble on this option, so until the manager and critically the media grasp this concept, that it is decent wide players that matter, Liverpool will remain a second rate team. I blame Hansen to talking too much about defenders!

My point was if u compare the likes of Man Utd, over recent years, Fergie ensured they had quality wide type players. No-one can name any in recent years!! Second-rate!

Mad as a box of frogs smile.png

When has Messi been a winger?

As for Navas he has made 22 substitute appearances for Spain and started 6 times.scoring just 2 goals.

Silva is also a midfielder used as a sub many times for Spain hardly a winger though is he?

• Like 2

I'm sad to see Shelvy go. I thought he was going to great in acouple of years and that we should have kept him or loaned him out. My misses is well happy though, she watches our games and also likes Shelvy, but she supports Swanseasmile.png

I'm sad to see Shelvy go. I thought he was going to great in acouple of years and that we should have kept him or loaned him out. My misses is well happy though, she watches our games and also likes Shelvy, but she supports Swanseasmile.png

Yeah I was in 2 minds about him being let go, nice fee for him, for a change.With another AM coming in, it looks like he wouldn't be getting much game time this coming season if we kept him.