Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I would skip the match and watch it on the tele in Nana! Ha ha. I went to the last game in BKK and it was sub-par, really. Most pre-season matches are though I guess. Atmosphere doesn't even compare to a real competitive game in the Premier League. Ended 1-1 though. No Stevie G and Torres only played final 10 minutes. Also I paid 3000 baht for 2 tickets to stand in the rain and then about 1000 Thai fans broke through some barrier and came into our stand to watch for free smile.png. Police didn't stop them as there were so many of them.

As it is the neighbour's daughter and mates I've already got the tickets for, word will soon get back to the missus if I miss it! Two hours standing in the rain in return for a three day pass to Nana? I'll take that!

When has Messi been a winger? Silva is also a midfielder used as a sub many times for Spain hardly a winger though is he?

I never said winger. The point I was trying to make, where are the wide type players Liverpool have. They never seem to go after anyone of the likes of Ribery, Robben or quality complimentary full backs. It's always players towards the middle of the park. Bayern have set the yard stick, it's time for Rodgers to move up to this plate. It is possible to purchase players of the likes of Ribery and Robben, and develop the likes of Philipp Lahm and David Alaba. The current Liverpool players cannot outflank any of the top four and they're seemingly not encouraged. Johnson is towards the right type of player, but is too cavalier for me.

For example, Lathm is dual footed and has sampled both full-back spots, but he now plays permanently on the right side thanks to the relocation of David Alaba at left-back. The fact that Lahm is dual footed means he can come inside or go outside, shoot, cross, pass or dribble. He's almost never tackled, and that's because he's so unpredictable. Defenders back off because they feel they can't commit.

Alaba, formerly a central midfielder until the 2011-12 season, is comfortable on the ball. He was once set for a career as a world-class central playmaker, and as such, he feels happy in the offensive third.

With two full-backs that can do almost anything, the team remains difficult to guess. Focusing on what Alaba might do frees Ribery into space; tracking Ribery gives Alaba space to shoot. Concentrating of Ribery allows Robben time and space.

It is possible for Bayern to outflank most opposing sides, a quality so missing from Liverpool's play

I don't think it is fair to compare a Liverpool side in transition with the European Champions and treble winners in there league and cup do you.

Bayern Munich are the best team in the World at the moment.

• Like 2

Some interesting quotes from Liverpool forums smile.png

We might've most recently been finishing in midtable-ish positions, but I wouldn't even say we're a midtable team...

(Man Utd) ...they could easily turn into a less-successful version of Chelsea.

(Next Season) <deleted> THE CUPS..WE'RE WINNING THE LEAGUE

Makes you wonder just how coveted Brendan (Rodgers) might become on the continent should we continue to make rapid progress.

I would love to see Utd <deleted> Chelsea then get deducted points for Rio bringing a knife onto the pitch...

If Suarez stays, we've got a great chance to pick up a lot of points in his absence. <deleted> it, we'll win the league.

1 or 2 or 3 more good signings, and we are definately challenging for Top 4 next season.

Top two possibly. If we start well. We dominate 95% of games. But with Aspas, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, and Thiago coming in - Goals will flow!

I believe we'll finish top three next season. A young vibrant team, playing without the fear that clouds City, Man U and Chelsea.

(Bale) If this guy moves for a penny over 40m it will be the biggest joke in the history of football.

We'll evolve and within a year or 2 we're back in the latter stages of the european cup.

I'd rather have Brendan Rodgers at the club than Mourinho

Ferguson was nothing special

I think Coutinho is a little bit like the last piece of our jigsaw

Kolo Toure to Liverpool) Not a chance this will happen in my opinion, even on a free. Some mid-table club in the PL will though

Henderson is probably the best young English midfielder right now.

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

They are different Alfie, not better, just different and i'm not sure all of us understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan.

Somehow, i think those forum posters are going to be disappointed come next maylaugh.png

They are different Alfie, not better, just different and i'm not sure all of us understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan.

Somehow, i think those forum posters are going to be disappointed come next maylaugh.png

Its the 'Liverpool way'whistling.gif

We might've most recently been finishing in midtable-ish positions, but I wouldn't even say we're a midtable team...

(Next Season) fuc_k THE CUPS..WE'RE WINNING THE LEAGUE

Makes you wonder just how coveted Brendan (Rodgers) might become on the continent should we continue to make rapid progress.

I would love to see Utd <deleted> Chelsea then get deducted points for Rio bringing a knife onto the pitch...

If Suarez stays, we've got a great chance to pick up a lot of points in his absence. fuc_k it, we'll win the league.

1 or 2 or 3 more good signings, and we are definately challenging for Top 4 next season.

Top two possibly. If we start well. We dominate 95% of games. But with Aspas, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, and Thiago coming in - Goals will flow!

I believe we'll finish top three next season. A young vibrant team, playing without the fear that clouds City, Man U and Chelsea.

(Bale) If this guy moves for a penny over 40m it will be the biggest joke in the history of football.

We'll evolve and within a year or 2 we're back in the latter stages of the european cup.

Kolo Toure to Liverpool) Not a chance this will happen in my opinion, even on a free. Some mid-table club in the PL will though

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Some of the sh*te I read from apparent Liverpool fans on twitter in the last couple of weeks had me shaking my head blink.png

However, I'm sure if I actually took the time to scroll through Spurs forums I would find just as much wind and p*ss there too.

I think the fact you have taken the time to do this little exercise, says more about you or how completely bored you are in the off-season than the half baked milk teeth muppets you have quoted. tongue.png

• Like 2

(Next Season) fuc_k THE CUPS..WE'RE WINNING THE LEAGUE

If Suarez stays, we've got a great chance to pick up a lot of points in his absence. fuc_k it, we'll win the league.

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

Some of the sh*te I read from apparent Liverpool fans on twitter in the last couple of weeks had me shaking my head blink.png

However, I'm sure if I actually took the time to scroll through Spurs forums I would find just as much wind and p*ss there too.

I think the fact you have taken the time to do this little exercise, says more about you or how completely bored you are in the off-season than the half baked milk teeth muppets you have quoted. tongue.png

No no BB you've got it all wrong, i didn't take anytime to do this little exercise, i just looked at this facebook page https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown easy peazy biggrin.png

• Like 1

Bob is quite correct even on here we have seen the early doors bull from some posters and they think that Spurs will finish in the top four.........

Anyone of the Spurs posters are open to take my bet ...you will not finish above the Arsenal thumbsup.gif

Waiting...waiting...waiting!!!

• Like 2

Bob is quite correct even on here we have seen the early doors bull from some posters and they think that Spurs will finish in the top four.........

Anyone of the Spurs posters are open to take my bet ...you will not finish above the Arsenal Posted Image

I'll have a grand of that Nads.

Free beer always tastes better. :D

• Like 1

Anyone of the Spurs posters are open to take my bet ...you will not finish above the Arsenal thumbsup.gif

Free beer always tastes better. biggrin.png

Not confident eh smokes?

Free beer always tastes better. biggrin.png

Your welcome 1k bahtski logged biggrin.png ........Carms Alfie?

Its started already laugh.png

"I think Liverpool and Tottenham will be vying with Arsenal to get that fourth place," he told Sky Sports News.

"There's no reason why Liverpool or Tottenham can't get in that space because it's so tight between those teams. I certainly expect an improvement from Liverpool this season."

11 points is tight now is it cheesy.gif strange he doesn't mention Everton facepalm.gif

Mr Ed, do you know that you now seem to spend little time on the Man Utd thread and rather most of your time on other threads, either talking gibberish or talking about Tottenham.

Best to back your own team in its time of need. You are, finally, in decline after all. wai2.gif

Mr Ed, do you know that you now seem to spend little time on the Man Utd thread and rather most of your time on other threads, either talking gibberish or talking about Tottenham.

Best to back your own team in its time of need. You are, finally, in decline after all. wai2.gif

We have nothing to talk about have we! After all we let our team do the talking in the pitch...Champions biggrin.png

I will take the above answer as a bottled it...NO then shall i? tongue.png

• Like 1

We have nothing to talk about have we! After all we let our team do the talking in the pitch...Champions biggrin.png

I will take the above answer as a bottled it...NO then shall i? tongue.png

You are off topic pal, its the scousers thread. Remember my last post........

Why not put your team in a bet Red, so taking into account we were 17 points behind your mob, how about a grand that Spurs finish 12 points or less within your points tally at the end of the season whistling.gif

How long b4 he leaves, wonder if he will even come back? something tells me it aint gonna end amicably, unless someone stumps u[p 50 mil pretty quickly, and that i cant quite see if they cant stir the ---- 4 a few weeks and end up paying 40 laugh.png

A good article in the Guardian about him today: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jul/10/luis-suarez-brendan-rodgers-liverpool

I'd say Liverpool will finish in the top six next season - 5th or 6th. You can't expect better than that, realistically, surely?

o

Ide go with the article , Liverpool have stuck by suerez through thick and thin and imo by rights suerez should show some loyalty ,I'm sure he won't .Liverpool deserve better. I'm not to big up on attacking players personalities,cos quite frankly what they do on the park is the only bit ofl i'minterested in. but imo by this boy is a 100% total c--t if he wasn't such a damn good fotballer Ide go afar as saying that Liverpool and football wwould be better of without him.

• Like 2

A good article in the Guardian about him today: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jul/10/luis-suarez-brendan-rodgers-liverpool

I'd say Liverpool will finish in the top six next season - 5th or 6th. You can't expect better than that, realistically, surely?

o

Ide go with the article , Liverpool have stuck by suerez through thick and thin and imo by rights suerez should show some loyalty ,I'm sure he won't .Liverpool deserve better. I'm not to big up on attacking players personalities,cos quite frankly what they do on the park is the only bit ofl i'minterested in. but imo by this boy is a 100% total c--t if he wasn't such a dam_n good fotballer Ide go afar as saying that Liverpool and football wwould be better of without him.

Yes couldn't agree more. I still think he was hard done by in certain situations but as much as i backed him i am seeing recently a aspects of him that are very hard to feel anything other than contempt for. LFC has stood by him through thick and thin and he's just shat on the club. Thats the way it looks to a neutral like me and i was one of his supporters.

Funny he doesn't seem to have such a problem with the press recently, or he believes situations are different elsewhere in the county. Either way his reason for wanting a transfer keeps changing week to week but never it seems with any thought or respect for his club

• Like 1

Realistically I'd have to agree, you can only hope for more. I don't think we are done in this window yet, and it depends on what calibre of player we can realistically land, whether we can make a push any higher. I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by BangrakBob

Promising transfer news from BR today when interviewed on LFC TV. Getting the sense he means we have improved the squad with the x4 signings and more to come, with the idea of getting first team quality players.

"Our recruitment team are doing a great job behind the scenes in compiling lists of players that we can afford and might be available for us," Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com on Thursday.

"What we've done in the early part of the summer is to improve the squad. That's something I feel we've done with the players we've brought in.

"Now what's important over the next three to five weeks is improving the team. That's something the club is working very hard at.

"I'm sure by the time the end of August comes we'll be ready and we'll have a terrific squad ready to challenge."

• Like 1

EDIT: Just noticed on UBC Channel 151 tonight it says Liverpool summer tour from 21.00-23.00.

I'm guessing this can only be the Preston game.

PST.

Sign up to LFC TV the streams are perfect for live games - such as under 21 's or Pre Season. Also you can get re-run 24hrs later for full 90 min or just highlights. Plus lots of interviews and other

• Like 1

Well that match was much better to watch than previous pre-season games i've endured. A good tempo to the game, Aspas looked good, as did Sterling (besides his barnet) and Ibe. Pick of the bunch Coutinho, he looks ready to take the league by storm this season.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1