Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

You just don't sell your best player to the weakest team in the top four, it admits defeat.

Arsenal isn't a step forward, Madrid yes, Arsenal sideways! How are they a club showing any ambition? They haven't won anything for ages, they have bags of money but won't invest it in the team. So what if they kick a ball around for an extra 90 minutes every other week, they won't win the comp!

To be fair Arsenal have about 60m on the table right now for transfers. They are finally showing intent. looks like they are in for Bernard swell and he won't be cheap.

And it is a step up Bob whichever way you care to look at it. What i don't understand is why they haven't gone in for Fabregas?

You just don't sell your best player to the weakest team in the top four, it admits defeat.

Arsenal isn't a step forward, Madrid yes, Arsenal sideways! How are they a club showing any ambition? They haven't won anything for ages, they have bags of money but won't invest it in the team. So what if they kick a ball around for an extra 90 minutes every other week, they won't win the comp!

To be fair Arsenal have about 60m on the table right now for transfers. They are finally showing intent. looks like they are in for Bernard swell and he won't be cheap.

And it is a step up Bob whichever way you care to look at it. What i don't understand is why they haven't gone in for Fabregas?

Probably because he wanted to leave and join his favourite club...where he ramains and is happy there.

Its only the arrogant stupidity of Man Yoo involved in that one. Long may it continue!

• Like 1

They've just finished paying off a stadium project that cost 350 million quid so that they can bid 40 million for a player who's probably going to want 150K a week. No ambition?!

cheesy.gif

And Suarez has ambition, too. He wants to play in the Champions League.

thumbsup.gif

More importantly (for my fantasy football team) do you think Sterling is going to step up a notch this year? If I remember rightly, he started well then faded a bit.

He's looking fitter and stronger but I don't think he will be starter, also young Ibe is looking just as good if not better, again I doubt they will be starting. I guess a lot still depends on the current transfer saga, i think this is holding up moving on other targets.

• Like 1

Rodgers needs a firm indication from the owners of their intentions. He's got a squad to organise. I doubt Arsenal we pay much more than 40m. They'll just keep on unsettling the player and he's a nut job anyway.

I thought Madrid had backed off Dev?

Read somewhere today 'Rory Smith of The Times', said he understands Madrid have spoken to Suarez's people and that they assured them they will be making a bid...

No offer as yet though, so who knows how this might unfold - perhaps Bale is part of this eqausion if they go for Suarez?

Either way bored of it all now - sell or not sell !

The Bale part of the equation is probably that if Madrid can't winkle him out of Spurs they'll bid big on Suarez, and they are jolly well welcome to him. Poisoned chalice - I hope our management is not tempted to put another penny on the table.

I feel your pain Reds, same same Arsenal this time last year with vanP. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

How can anyone know that Arsenal are not showing interest in Fabregas? But our need for a good CAM is less urgent than United's. I'm a big believer in never going back to a place (or relationship smile.png) you worked before, so I hope we don't overpay for him either!

• Like 1

They've just finished paying off a stadium project that cost 350 million quid so that they can bid 40 million for a player who's probably going to want 150K a week. No ambition?!

cheesy.gif

And Suarez has ambition, too. He wants to play in the Champions League.

thumbsup.gif

and let's not forget all that money you've saved on trophy polish wink.png

Yes Suarez does have ambition and that's to play for Real Madrid in the Champions League, I think we would have seen a transfer request by now if he dreamt of the Emirates.

Not trying to wind you up too much, but if we were in Champions League I think we would be showing more ambition than the Arse have in recent times. In saying that you have done well, bought shrewdly, and we spent very unwisely and still no cigar, but i have few gunners friends who have been frustrated by the lack of ambition in recent years.

Anyway, I guess we'll see how much ambition come August 31st.

NB. That was a lot ambitions for one post

If you call faffing about playing mid-week footy for a kick about until the last 16 is a step up then ok biggrin.png

I don't get this Suarez caper, if they are for real? Surely they new the clause would not allow Suarez to join for 40 and it wouldn't test our resolve. Also why did they not offer more for Higuain as first choice or go for other strikers that ARE available for less.

There has been no bid from Arsenal for Bernard as yet, Suarez could just be a wind-up so until they lay-out some of this ambition in the form of readies I'm not convinced. Not saying I won't eat these words but we'll see.

If you call faffing about playing mid-week footy for a kick about until the last 16 is a step up then ok biggrin.png

I don't get this Suarez caper, if they are for real? Surely they new the clause would not allow Suarez to join for 40 and it wouldn't test our resolve. Also why did they not offer more for Higuain as first choice or go for other strikers that ARE available for less.

There has been no bid from Arsenal for Bernard as yet, Suarez could just be a wind-up so until they lay-out some of this ambition in the form of readies I'm not convinced. Not saying I won't eat these words but we'll see.

What are you smoking Bob?

• Like 1

Henry wants to SELL Liverpool for £350m................................ just three years after taking over at Anfield

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2379656/Liverpool-sale-350m.html

They're now a serial underperforming rich man's bauble - although it says more about the Yanks failure to understand football than Liverpool's ongoing decline.

Henry wants to SELL Liverpool for £350m................................ just three years after taking over at Anfield

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2379656/Liverpool-sale-350m.html

They're now a serial underperforming rich man's bauble - although it says more about the Yanks failure to understand football than Liverpool's ongoing decline.

No big surprise to me, Yank or no Yank. Henry is no dummy and he can see that to be competitive in the EPL he is going to have to splash cash like nobody's business. He's already splashing cash like crazy in cash splash crazy baseball. Another case of getting out while the getting's good.

Assuming the story is not a load of tripe.

but i have few gunners friends who have been frustrated by the lack of ambition in recent years.

Well then they never read the small print. The stadium was always going to hamper our spending.

If you don't believe me, try building one, although it will be easier now the PL money has doubled.

We started off paying the debt off at 15 million a year around 2004. Wenger has virtually paid it all off with transfer dealings, and yet we've still got a better Champions League record than you.

biggrin.png

No big surprise to me, Yank or no Yank. Henry is no dummy and he can see that to be competitive in the EPL he is going to have to splash cash like nobody's business. He's already splashing cash like crazy in cash splash crazy baseball. Another case of getting out while the getting's good.

FSG have made a statement denying the report, smoke without fire?

but i have few gunners friends who have been frustrated by the lack of ambition in recent years.

Well then they never read the small print. The stadium was always going to hamper our spending.

If you don't believe me, try building one, although it will be easier now the PL money has doubled.

We started off paying the debt off at 15 million a year around 2004. Wenger has virtually paid it all off with transfer dealings, and yet we've still got a better Champions League record than you.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Or an intentional news leak to gauge interest?

Perhaps so, if it was intentionally leaked their timing sucks. I don't think it does the manager or team any favours, potentially detrimental to our transfer dealings, unless we are done in this window facepalm.gif

Perhaps so, if it was intentionally leaked their timing sucks. I don't think it does the manager or team any favours, potentially detrimental to our transfer dealings, unless we are done in this window facepalm.gif

It really wouldn't surprise me if Werner and Henry were blissfully unaware of when the new season starts

• Like 1

Cash in on Suarez, take the money out of the club and stick it in your Abbey National young savers account, then sell it to a Kuwaiti.

Easy.

Saudi Aramco please, officially the richest mofos on the planet

You'd be surprised at how many they have to divvy it up between.

Cash in on Suarez, take the money out of the club and stick it in your Abbey National young savers account, then sell it to a Kuwaiti.

Easy.

Saudi Aramco please, officially the richest mofos on the planet

You'd be surprised at how many they have to divvy it up between.

I was just gonna say the same. Kuwait, Qatar, Abu Dhabi etc don't have as much in total but the split is far less.

A past quote from Rodgers:

Of course Luis wants to work and play at the top level. But unless something drastic happens, he will be staying here.

biggrin.png

Cut to the laugh track.clap2.gif

Yep, another one our PR people should have had a look at first facepalm.gif