Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

by the way, anyone know if the steven gerrard testimonial vs olympiakos is on thai TV today? it's on BT in england and they've had the pre-season matches on out here so far.

The game is on True1. I don't know if that includes the testimonial or not.

ah nice one, thanks.

by the way, anyone know if the steven gerrard testimonial vs olympiakos is on thai TV today? it's on BT in england and they've had the pre-season matches on out here so far.

The game is on True1. I don't know if that includes the testimonial or not.

ah nice one, thanks.

Yep showing as they did the Asia LFC Tour - HD 151 also, time 18:45-21:00 on Guide.

Robbie and Carra (at some point) to make a appearance but treating this it as a Pre Season so should be a good test.

only one player didn't turn up at steven gerrard's testimonial charity benefit dinner. what a horrible wee <deleted>.

Can you give us a clue who it was Stevie !

it wasn't stewart downing. that should narrow it down a bit.

only one player didn't turn up at steven gerrard's testimonial charity benefit dinner. what a horrible wee <deleted>.

Perhaps mad mary might have another pearl of wisdom on the subject of the admiral Senor Suarez?

Perhaps mad mary might have another pearl of wisdom on the subject of the admiral Senor Suarez?

he's really painting himself into a corner here. the fans gave him a great reception on saturday to show him the kind of support he'll miss if he does carry on trying to force this move through. you don't get the kind of adoration at arsenal that you get at liverpool - you also don't get the trophies either, but that's by the by at this point.

so suarez is going to go ahead with this legal challenge now, almost certainly - just as he did at groningen. the 'it's not fair, i just signed the thing and didn't really read it properly and i'm a selfish little <deleted>' clause. so he seems to be spending the meantime going out of his way to turn the fans against him in the hope that when he does launch this poor me poor me court case most will just say 'oh to hell with it, sell him for whatever now'.

the other possibility, which i haven't ruled out at all yet, is that he stays at liverpool against his wishes, serves out his six-match ban at the start of the season and then soon after does something else insane so that we basically have to sack him. ajax fans always maintained that his biting incident there was related to a structured campaign to get out of the club. what a shame that such a brilliant player who could be so adored seems to be hell-bent on making the world hate him.

• Like 1

fair summary stevie . rodgers keeps on bout the relatively low offers , well could that 'shortfall ' b the'real' cost of his moments of madness? strikes me that those huge deals are as much about advertising ,shirt revenues ect ect,as they are bout football ability . Suarez's actions will 4 sure have commercial consequence s, would you wedge out large 4 him 2 advertise your co? .and we know Liverpools mega in Thailand do you see many Suarez shirts ? just a thought like

fair summary stevie . rodgers keeps on bout the relatively low offers , well could that 'shortfall ' b the'real' cost of his moments of madness? strikes me that those huge deals are as much about advertising ,shirt revenues ect ect,as they are bout football ability . Suarez's actions will 4 sure have commercial consequence s, would you wedge out large 4 him 2 advertise your co? .and we know Liverpools mega in Thailand do you see many Suarez shirts ? just a thought like

i think football fans have short memories mate. plenty wear suarez shirts and if he were at real madrid he'd shift oodles of them. also think that the merchandising and commercial revenues are always secondary to on-pitch success when signing a player, catwalk show pony david beckham excepted of course.

it may be that arsenal thought they could get him on the cheap because of this alleged clause and his bans, yeah. but we have a duty to ourselves to maximise his value if we do ship him out, and that means some degree of parity with cavani and the prices being quoted for bale. as brendan rodgers has correctly pointed out recently.

i think football fans have short memories mate. plenty wear suarez shirts and if he were at real madrid he'd shift oodles of them. also think that the merchandising and commercial revenues are always secondary to on-pitch success when signing a player, catwalk show pony david beckham excepted of course.

it may be that arsenal thought they could get him on the cheap because of this alleged clause and his bans, yeah. but we have a duty to ourselves to maximise his value if we do ship him out, and that means some degree of parity with cavani and the prices being quoted for bale. as brendan rodgers has correctly pointed out recently.

yeah i appreciate the need to maximize assets , and the shortness of fans memories, but coperations aint and will not be quite so forgiving And as a footballer, yeah 4 sure he's up there there skill wise with bale in that sub messi ronaldo group but whether we like it or not prem league players value is partly made up of current and potential commercial value and bottom line stevie as commercial asset he'll b v much looked at as damaged goods, how much that will tell on his price we'll just have to see.

So Sturridge was back in full training with the team today - atleast gives us good options at the start of the season now, looking a bit weak with Aspas or Borini to start.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQ57F82CUAArd6z.jpg:large

Great to see Devil I hope he can manage to stay fit this season he's got a big part to play

• Like 1

Hope all you former apologists for Suarez are ready to applaud him when he goes down without contact in your area next season, like you did last season when he played for you...(I am assuming it's a done deal, when Rogers stops drawing more attention to the fact you're now a selling club.)

• Like 2

Hope all you former apologists for Suarez are ready to applaud him when he goes down without contact in your area next season, like you did last season when he played for you...(I am assuming it's a done deal, when Rogers stops drawing more attention to the fact you're now a selling club.)

Sell him and he could back to bite them on the arse laugh.png

As it goes lad, he was given permission to miss the do to take friends to Lime Street and then take care of the pregnant missus. He may well be a horrible wee <deleted> but don't believe everything you read in the press!!!

As it goes lad, he was given permission to miss the do to take friends to Lime Street and then take care of the pregnant missus. He may well be a horrible wee <deleted> but don't believe everything you read in the press!!!

Do you really believe this!!

A quote from The Independent

'Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was cheered by fans at an open training session at Anfield but remained reluctant to acknowledge the support he was given. Just like on Saturday at Steven Gerrard's testimonial virtually everything the Uruguay international did brought the select 5,000-strong crowd to life. However, the 26-year-old did not seem keen to acknowledge their backing - even when the rest of the squad did so at the end of the session'.

Liverpool fans are extremely loyal, but IF this is true I think they might have had enough, quite rightly so.

The good point is that Sturridge took part in training, hope to see him develop further this season.

Any news re Downing possibly going to Newcastle?

I didn't read about it in the press.

I didn't read about it in the press.

Yes and I've seen the photos proving it. Some press even said he was at LS to get a train to London!! He was dropping off family friends. If he does go then yes, fuc_k him....but as of now he remains a Liverpool player, so we back him to the hilt. The rest of the squad and the manager are!

How did you hear about it? Have any mates at Steve's do? Probably not! Of course you heard via the press. My info came from Accrington Stanley (there's a clue there if you look hard enough!)

Look lad, I'm not having a go...but whilst Luis remains a Liverpool player I am going to support him (and all his issues) 100% and you and every other supporter should do the same. We all know he is a stupid <deleted> but for now, at any rate, he remains one of us....and I hope he stays (at least one more year)!

ps: If you want loyalty....buy a dog!

Edited by wilai

Morning folks biggrin.png

hope that grissle on the bacon aint to tough this am

suarez's side of the story,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

as of now its 100% gonna happen

,and as always its just gonna be a case of how much and to whom, i reckon a reasonable deal 4 liverpool would be 45, as a compromise, ,smile.png

whats the alternative? hold on for significantly more, and it might/will then be worth what ever club and Suarez challenging the clause in court?

which you could stand a chance of losing and then could he walk for 40 minus exs, could well leave you with 35 biggrin.png Do a deal American boys

take the money and move on w00t.gif

Edited by rijit

Morning folks biggrin.png

hope that grissle on the bacon aint to tough this am

suarez's side of the story,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

as of now its 100% gonna happen

,and as always its just gonna be a case of how much and to whom, i reckon a reasonable deal 4 liverpool would be 45, as a compromise, ,smile.png

whats the alternative? hold on for significantly more, and it might/will then be worth what ever club and Suarez challenging the clause in court?

which you could stand a chance of losing and then could he walk for 40 minus exs, could well leave you with 35 biggrin.png Do a deal American boys

take the money and move on w00t.gif

Judging by the Yanks' recent comments, a lot of "face" will be lost if OUR wee little <deleted> moves to Arse for less than £50m (especially if he doesn't put in an official request to leave). And we all know how important "Face" can be! Just waiting for Madrid to play their cards...Ronaldo to Manure, Bale & Suarez to Madrid??? If Arsenal want him, they will have to pay a big premium, and rightly so. As for the court case, LFC don't appear to be too worried.

I for one think Arsenal ahould just pay the money. Pay 50m. He's still a world class player and they would be a much better side with him. But, isn't he one despicable little sh1t!!

Liverpools track record without him is rather good i believe. So, sell him, and you have the money to find a conclude three top drawer signings in the christmas window. You squad does need strengthening anyway and this imv would be the pragmatic route to take.

he can piss off and find a club willing to pay £56m for him then pack his stuff and do one. want him gone now but not on the cheap. and as for this poor me poor me what a terrible life i lead, it's nauseating. like ronaldo with the 'slave' nonsense. the sad photo one the front of today's guardian sport is just pathetic.

• Like 2

You're right about the track record but he's a better player than Cavani so £55m should be the minimum. If the Arse want him, they will have to pay top dollar. When Madrid show their hand, it's a different matter. As for the despicable bit, I still don't know. He's a stupid little <deleted> with a poor agent who has mishandled things big time. After all, he could have used the Champions League excuse from day 1 and to be fair, no-one would have blamed him. If he does end up at the Arse, by the time he signs, they could be out of the CL anyway. Now that would be funny!

You're right about the track record but he's a better player than Cavani so £55m should be the minimum. If the Arse want him, they will have to pay top dollar. When Madrid show their hand, it's a different matter. As for the despicable bit, I still don't know. He's a stupid little <deleted> with a poor agent who has mishandled things big time. After all, he could have used the Champions League excuse from day 1 and to be fair, no-one would have blamed him. If he does end up at the Arse, by the time he signs, they could be out of the CL anyway. Now that would be funny!

I agree about the CL excuse.

However Suarez is quoted as saying that Rodgers gave him his word that if Liverpool did not qualify for CL then he would personally make sure he would be allowed to leave. Also that it was written into his contract. Now IF that is true Liverpool have made a huge faux pas. Either Suarez is a liar or else Liverpool are being stupid. Once the details of the contract are released, then it becomes clearer.

I agree about the CL excuse.

However Suarez is quoted as saying that Rodgers gave him his word that if Liverpool did not qualify for CL then he would personally make sure he would be allowed to leave. Also that it was written into his contract. Now IF that is true Liverpool have made a huge faux pas. Either Suarez is a liar or else Liverpool are being stupid. Once the details of the contract are released, then it becomes clearer.

It wasn't written in his contract !