Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Because he's been <deleted>. Anyone else would have been dropped, well saying that Cissokho has been crap too. Gerrard is trying to do an Alonso job which clearly isn't working.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Really? What part of it is not working? Yes he adapting his game and has had a few off days but I don't think he has been "<deleted>". He has created more goalscoring opportunities than any other player in the league (well that was before the last round of fixtures, so might of changed).

Maybe because he is not scoring last minute winners and single handedly winning games every week you say he is "<deleted>"?

• Like 2

"He's been <deleted>" is a bit different than saying he is <deleted>. Anyway, maybe it is the system that Brendan is playing I dont know but it will almost certainly have to change leading up to crimbo with some big games coming up. Our midfield will get outplayed, controlled, dominated, whatever you like, something needs to change.

"He's been <deleted>" is a bit different than saying he is <deleted>. Anyway, maybe it is the system that Brendan is playing I dont know but it will almost certainly have to change leading up to crimbo with some big games coming up. Our midfield will get outplayed, controlled, dominated, whatever you like, something needs to change.

Are you saying that although he's created more goal scoring opportunities that any other player in the league, whilst adapting his game, he's been, nonetheless playing "<deleted>."

Can he play for Spurs please!

• Like 1

Yes I agree that is different and understand what you are saying, I disagree though that on the whole of the course of the 10 games he has been "<deleted>".

I can understand your point about our midfield being outplayed, controlled, dominated etc in big games and I have the same thoughts however I don't think taking our captain and leader out would combat these problems.

YB

Statistics statistics. Were are the stats for the amount of times players have knocked the ball past him or the stats were he was too lazy the track back?

Edited by longstebe

Yes I agree that is different and understand what you are saying, I disagree though that on the whole of the course of the 10 games he has been "<deleted>". 

I can understand your point about our midfield being outplayed, controlled, dominated etc in big games and I have the same thoughts however I don't think taking our captain and leader out would combat these problems. 

YB

That's your opinion mate and I respect it but we need more energy in the middle of the park and I just don't think Gerrard is playing well at all. Ask yourself when was the last time Stevie had a good solid game. The West Brom game was great and apart from our front two taking the headlines it was Lucas that day for me.

Statistics statistics. Were are the stats for the amount of times players have knocked the ball past him or the stats were he was too lazy the track back? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well why don't you check and tell us.....

I have supported my argument, why don't you support yours.

Statistics statistics. Were are the stats for the amount of times players have knocked the ball past him or the stats were he was too lazy the track back? Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well why don't you check and tell us.....

I have supported my argument, why don't you support yours.

Do they have stats for that :-)

YB

That's your opinion mate and I respect it but we need more energy in the middle of the park and I just don't think Gerrard is playing well at all. Ask yourself when was the last time Stevie had a good solid game. The West Brom game was great and apart from our front two taking the headlines it was Lucas that day for me.

Ha ha I am sure they do have stats for those but I imagine they would be difficult to find. I'll let you off, and agree with you about people going past him. We are seeing that more and will do continue to do so as he gets older.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on this one, and thats fine by me.

P.s just read Stevie is facing a late fitness test, something to do with his thigh so he might not play after all. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

You still in ere then.

Your posts are one third the size of your phone ad.

Now we all know 'you've got one', why not put on the delete feature? wink.png

Actually Ups, a lot of the time

is more interesting than what he post's biggrin.png

• Like 1

Let's rest Gerrard while we're at it. Let's get Joe back and maybe give some minutes for Alberto. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rest him? What's he done to get knackered, you're not even in Europe?

Or do you mean DROP him.

That word is forbidden on here Chic,hearing it sends them all into a frenzy laugh.png

i don't like this system at all. if you're going to play 3 centre backs you don't need both gerrard and lucas sitting. or at least you shouldn't. one of your centrebacks should step out and up into the space when needed. last weekend we had 3 of them marking just giroud and that's a complete waste.

gerrard should still be further up the pitch anyway. he's not as young as he was and i'd rather he used his now more limited energy closer to the opposing goal and closer to suarez and sturridge. he's being played too deep, the system doesn't help him, he's still been far from <deleted> though. still the best player on the park in quite a few games this season.

Disagree there Stevie, Suarez in his games back has been head n shoulders above anyone in our team closely followed by Sturridge and Coutinho (before getting injured). Then you will have the likes of Hendo, Toure, Mignolet and maybe even Skrtel have all played better than Gerrard.

I do agree with your first point though, he is wasted in that position and most of the opposition are just taking the piss and knocking it past him. Maybe BR will go back to his 4-3-3 with coutinho back.

i don't like this system at all. if you're going to play 3 centre backs you don't need both gerrard and lucas sitting. or at least you shouldn't. one of your centrebacks should step out and up into the space when needed. last weekend we had 3 of them marking just giroud and that's a complete waste.

gerrard should still be further up the pitch anyway. he's not as young as he was and i'd rather he used his now more limited energy closer to the opposing goal and closer to suarez and sturridge. he's being played too deep, the system doesn't help him, he's still been far from <deleted> though. still the best player on the park in quite a few games this season.

So you were playing 5-3-2 and not 3-5-2 ?

Disagree there Stevie, Suarez in his games back has been head n shoulders above anyone in our team closely followed by Sturridge and Coutinho (before getting injured). Then you will have the likes of Hendo, Toure, Mignolet and maybe even Skrtel have all played better than Gerrard.

I do agree with your first point though, he is wasted in that position and most of the opposition are just taking the piss and knocking it past him. Maybe BR will go back to his 4-3-3 with coutinho back.

a lot of it's about having glen johnson back. if he's back fit and also enrique too we should go 4-2-3-1 at home to fulham. we really, really don't need three centrebacks against these.

Hendo he runs from the knees biggrin.png

And Gerrard is finished......why do you think Rodgers dropped the hint about England this week? for me he should not go to the World cup cos we aint got a chance to win it.......smacks of jobs for the boys! get the young uns in and give them invaluable experience at the very top level.

I have my helmet on.......

And Gerrard is finished......why do you think Rodgers dropped the hint about England this week? for me he should not go to the World cup cos we aint got a chance to win it.......smacks of jobs for the boys! get the young uns in and give them invaluable experience at the very top level.

I know where you're coming fromi think and you have a point, except the FA isn't that concerned about winning the thing anyway. All they want is to win the next bid to host the tournament brazil '14's going to be more like a PR exercise

He's created the most goal scoring opportunities in the league so far this year! Not bad for someone that is finished!!

Edited by YoungBrit

facepalm.gif

He's created the most goal scoring opportunities in the league so far this year! Not bad for someone that is finished!!

How do you define what is a goal scoring opportunity ?facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Stevies stats : played 10, 2 goals ,2 assists , key passes 2.5 per game, accurate long balls per game 7.4, accurate through balls 0.3 per game, shots 1.8 per game .

Can you point me to where you got this stat because I don't see it myself.

http://espnfc.com/stats/assists/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=4716

I am not saying assists.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8985024/Premier-League-Numbers-And-Stats

Scroll down,

Steven Gerrard has created more goalscoring chances than any other player in the Premier League this season (21).

This was correct as off before 2 games ago not 1 game ago as I previously said, my mistake.

Alfie, I am not sure, but this is definitely a measured stat. It's not his fault if the person who has the opportunity doesn't finish it.

YB

I am not saying assists.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/8985024/Premier-League-Numbers-And-Stats

Scroll down,

Steven Gerrard has created more goalscoring chances than any other player in the Premier League this season (21).

This was correct as off before 2 games ago not 1 game ago as I previously said, my mistake.

Alfie, I am not sure, but this is definitely a measured stat. It's not his fault if the person who has the opportunity doesn't finish it.

YB

Is that an opportunity from 10 yds, 25 yds or a shot from the keeper facepalm.gif

I am not saying assists.

Scroll down,

YB

Is that an opportunity from 10 yds, 25 yds or a shot from the keeper facepalm.gif

Like I said Alfie, I am not sure mate. I have a feeling it has to be inside the box but no proof of that.

I think that fact he puts in a good delivery from a dead ball might have something to do with it though.

I am not saying assists.

Scroll down,

YB

Sounds like a load of hopeful <deleted> to me. Perhaps his missus posted it.