Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

If rumours are to be believed, we have signed Will Hughes from Derby......Opinions on this kid, if true will he be an asset for us. Not heard much of him really apart from paper talk.

YNWA

he's supposed to be a brilliant prospect, but then so was jonjo shelvey. and so is luis alberto. and hugo ilori. bit concerned just how much focus we've been putting on potential lately rather than established.

Wonder what's going on with the news/rumours about Frank McParland and Rodolfo Borrell getting canned?????

Seemed like they were doing a good job in the youth set up.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wonder what's going on with the news/rumours about Frank McParland and Rodolfo Borrell getting canned?????

Seemed like they were doing a good job in the youth set up.

What do you guys think?

not sure yet but it's a bit of a mystery. from what i've heard it seems as simple as them not being appointed by brendan rodgers and him wanting his own people in those roles. they were asked to do different jobs, refused and so were given the boot. now just sorting out the compensation packages. we've had about six academy heads in the last six years, not exactly what you'd call stability.

If rumours are to be believed, we have signed Will Hughes from Derby......Opinions on this kid, if true will he be an asset for us. Not heard much of him really apart from paper talk.

YNWA

BBC and the local Derby Telegraph are all running quotes from Brendan Rogers on this:

"Manager Brendan Rodgers has quashed speculation linking Derby midfielder Will Hughes with a move to Liverpool....... I read we had put in a bid or something had been agreed but there has been nothing said the Liverpool boss......... This is a young kid learning the game - he is at an outstanding club at Derby, he has a great manager there and we sent one of our young players [Andre Wisdom] there to develop and learn."

I think the Derby fans expect Hughes to join Liverpool (or another Premier League club) at some stage but are hoping that he will stay as long as possible, maybe with a sale in January and a loan back to Derby until the end of the season.

I am in shock! Need time to process my thoughts.

One thing I do know is that miss by Allen to make it 3-1 was deserving off dropping points!

I liked Allen when he started, but now i have higher expectations and Allen isn't involved in them. Nice fulcrum, but that is all.

Everton deserved this, if not more. They bossed the game for long periods. We need to think further than we are. We are better going forward, so let's forget about footie tappie football and let the attackers do their thing. I just want more stability at the back. Apart from lukoko ( spelling is shit) I thought we did that. S+S should start every game, <deleted> the other tactics, let teams worry about us

Amazing that he stayed on the pitch after that horror effort against Dracula, yet Wes Brown got sent off for a perfectly decent tackle.

Is it me or are the referees getting worse since they went "professional", and not better?

• Like 1

I am still in shock but will try to put some thoughts down. Played some good stuff going forward at times but I thought defensively we were kept in the game by a superb performance from Mignolet. We were far to open and caught out numbered too often.

Flanagan and Lucas were superb for me. Gerrard had a shocker in the first half.

And that tackle gets worse every time I see it!

Anyway, Everton away, taking a point is not a bad result, mixed emotions from being 2-1 up and disappointment at dropping points to being glad to get away with a point.

YB

Amazing that he stayed on the pitch after that horror effort against Dracula, yet Wes Brown got sent off for a perfectly decent tackle.

Is it me or are the referees getting worse since they went "professional", and not better?

Almost as bad as boxing refs!!!! Anyone see the Groves vs Froch fight? What a joke!!!!

We shall await Mike Riley's apology.

You don't get an apology for not sending off an opposition player. Or i doubt you will despite it being a horrendous assault, because challenge doesn't really come into it.

What is strange is the ref had a seemingly clear view so i just don't understand how he produced a yellow.

Deserves to spend some time in the championship i think.

Shame it casts a cloud over a really entertaining game, especially for us neutrals

• Like 2

I am still in shock but will try to put some thoughts down. Played some good stuff going forward at times but I thought defensively we were kept in the game by a superb performance from Mignolet. We were far to open and caught out numbered too often.

Anyway, Everton away, taking a point is not a bad result, mixed emotions from being 2-1 up and disappointment at dropping points to being glad to get away with a point.

YB

yeah that's about right. they played well and seemed to want it a bit more, we should have started at least one of toure and sakho because agger and skrtel are massive fannies on set pieces. flanagan played really well, suarez was excellent despite them trying to take him out of the game, mignolet got us the point. if suarez had made that challenge on mirallas he'd be locked up in the hague today.

YB

yeah that's about right. they played well and seemed to want it a bit more, we should have started at least one of toure and sakho because agger and skrtel are massive fannies on set pieces. flanagan played really well, suarez was excellent despite them trying to take him out of the game, mignolet got us the point. if suarez had made that challenge on mirallas he'd be locked up in the hague today.

Yes was a shocking tackle. I actually thought that game with the atmosphere and them trying to take him out the game was a good test of his character.

Almost as bad as boxing refs!!!! Anyone see the Groves vs Froch fight? What a joke!!!!

Nowhere near the same thing ....severe brain damage or a broken leg? the ref in the game should of sent Miralles off but i think he also saw Suarez's foot was high and the game being a fiesty derby, gave him a yellow so it was understandable in his thought process although on seeing it on video he would/should of sent him off.

The boxing was a cracking fight and Groves was obviously winning the fight on points but Froch really did get to him in that 9th round and he had lost it i thought and would of been KO'd so in my opinion it was a good referee's decision saving the young gun from MAYBE serious injury.........he can always have a rematch to prove the point........Good fight though!

Manny has just won again convincingly in 12 rounds against Rios offtopic2.gif

Nowhere near the same thing ....severe brain damage or a broken leg? the ref in the game should of sent Miralles off but i think he also saw Suarez's foot was high and the game being a fiesty derby, gave him a yellow so it was understandable in his thought process although on seeing it on video he would/should of sent him off.

The boxing was a cracking fight and Groves was obviously winning the fight on points but Froch really did get to him in that 9th round and he had lost it i thought and would of been KO'd so in my opinion it was a good referee's decision saving the young gun from MAYBE serious injury.........he can always have a rematch to prove the point........Good fight though!

Reckon this guy knows a little bit more than you about the fight game laddie!

Marvin Hagler@TheRealHagler 11h

The referee has destroyed this fight !! #FrochGroves,

Michael Watson

Gerald McClellan

Jerry Quarry

Leavander Johnson

There are much much more laddie so lets just agree to disagree eh ...i think it is safe to say that Ali's fighting brought on his "parkinson's" also don't you.

Just a reply i don't want to get into a boxing argument about reffing on this thread mate.

• Like 1

Michael Watson

Gerald McClellan

Jerry Quarry

Leavander Johnson

There are much much more laddie so lets just agree to disagree eh ...i think it is safe to say that Ali's fighting brought on his "parkinson's" also don't you.

Just a reply i don't want to get into a boxing argument about reffing on this thread mate. and stoed it

Froch was almost knocked out in the 1st but did the ref step in? No. But as soon as Groves got tagged once, he grabbed him in a headlock. The ref's keenness to stop it, allied to two of the judges scoring (Groves only one point ahead despite a knockdown and dominating 6 out of 8 rounds)makes me believe that the result was decided by Matchroom before the fight even took place. Froch may well have finished the guy off but, unfortunately we'll never know. What we do know is that there will be a rematch, whereas if Groves had won, there wouldn't! promoters win again. Bastards make FIFA look clean!