Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

delusions. i said after the last world cup. i think so it has proven. you want to try and sound a bit more condescending, rix?

fact is steven gerrard could play right-back and be the best right-back in the premier league. he was a world class attacking midfielder. now he's a top class central midfielder. doesn't change the absolute fact that his best position in his career has been as an attacking midfielder/split forward. and he'd still be better for liverpool in a role further forward where he can link with suarez and sturridge and be more of a goal threat.

You want to try and sound a bit more defensive stevie? Deary me, so serious around here these days.

Wasn't talking about the best position in his career, was talking about his best position now. I think where he is being played proves where that is, although clearly not to you. Nevermind...

delusions. i said after the last world cup. i think so it has proven. you want to try and sound a bit more condescending, rix?

fact is steven gerrard could play right-back and be the best right-back in the premier league. he was a world class attacking midfielder. now he's a top class central midfielder. doesn't change the absolute fact that his best position in his career has been as an attacking midfielder/split forward. and he'd still be better for liverpool in a role further forward where he can link with suarez and sturridge and be more of a goal threat.

You want to try and sound a bit more defensive stevie? Deary me, so serious around here these days.

Wasn't talking about the best position in his career, was talking about his best position now. I think where he is being played proves where that is, although clearly not to you. Nevermind...

I think its makes perfect sense to say his best position is still forward linking up with the strikers. Thats what i've seen throughout his career and i still see it now. The only difference now is he has to be used more sparingly.

• Like 1

I think its makes perfect sense to say his best position is still forward linking up with the strikers. Thats what i've seen throughout his career and i still see it now. The only difference now is he has to be used more sparingly.

I haven't seen him playing in that forward position linking up with strikers, at least not consistently throughout a game, for a couple of years now. I think his best position has changed.

Sturridge out for a while it seems...time for a certain Mr Aspas to step up and play in his preferred role.....if he is fit off course.

F#$k........hope Luis stays next month too or we are truly up sh!t creek for goals.

6-8 weeks for Sturridge. Doubt we'll see Aspas again

Really painful to watch that was, from the first minuet to the end.

Thought Rodgers made a couple of wrong selection choices.

- why change the defence again?

- why did the two wide players cut in all the time?

- not enough creativity without Coutinho

Not only did too many players have bad games but it looked like they had it in mind they were going to roll Hull over today and it would be easy…

Anyway at least we play on Wednesday and at Home - might see a better reaction and attitude.

• Like 1

Oh dear.

The top clubs are all messing up but we were easily second best today. Why we took Sterling off instead of Moses is beyond me, and we need the Big C back for 90 mins ASAP. Can we also get a settled back line please. You can f around else where but the defense needs to be settled

Our midfield needs sorting out big time and like nellyp says, a settled defence. Why can't Brendan see that playing Stevie along side Lucas is not working. If we can't compete with Hulls midfield there's something wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Our midfield needs sorting out big time and like nellyp says, a settled defence. Why can't Brendan see that playing Stevie along side Lucas is not working. If we can't compete with Hulls midfield there's something wrong.

You are a mid table club punching above your weight so nothing wrong your just heading back to where you belong, Brendan pretty well confirmed it by saying you are nothing without sturridge in the team, If Suarez leaves in january my dream of seeing liverpool being relegated could come truewink.png

• Like 2

You are a mid table club punching above your weight so nothing wrong your just heading back to where you belong, Brendan pretty well confirmed it by saying you are nothing without sturridge in the team, If Suarez leaves in january my dream of seeing liverpool being relegated could come truewink.png

It looks like you are the mid table club at the momentwink.png But yeah...We need Suarez

• Like 2

Strange post Nev considering your teams wallowing in mediocrity. <deleted>, last night you needed to be gifted your first goal then gifted an iffy penalty. Couldn't beat Cardiff either and that was with eleven men when you should have been down to then.

• Like 1

Not only did too many players have bad games but it looked like they had it in mind they were going to roll Hull over today and it would be easy…

Anyway at least we play on Wednesday and at Home - might see a better reaction and attitude.

agree with all that, it was poor from both the manager and the players. and worrying.

and brendan's complaining that we don't have a big enough squad or enough quality in depth. while i agree, it was him spent £10m on borini, £15m on allen, £7m on alberto, £7m on aspas and £7m on ilori, plus £15m on sakho, and none of them started yesterday.

• Like 1

I wonder if Wenger will test Rodger's resolve with a tasty bid for Suarez in January?

If only to wind him and Suarez up.

Now that would be funny.

It wouldn't take long for Suarez to go on strike either. Bloke has no loyalty to anyone but himself, plain to see. With the form of Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema i don't think Real Madrid is an option at the moment.

What would call a tasty bid..how much?

Edited by carmine

I wonder if Wenger will test Rodger's resolve with a tasty bid for Suarez in January?

Now that would be funny.

suarez market rate at the moment? oh i guess bidding starts at £65m. so to arsenal after their cheek/idiocy in the summer that'll be £75m. plus one pound.

• Like 1

to be honest it wouldn't surprise me to see chelsea or someone come in with a bid for suarez in january. he's one of the very best around and still eligible for the champions league knockout stages. we may well face another fight to keep him, who knows.

Now that would be funny.

suarez market rate at the moment? oh i guess bidding starts at £65m. so to arsenal after their cheek/idiocy in the summer that'll be £75m. plus one pound.

More like 50 Million and ending up at 60 Million, but I can't see anyone in this country paying 75 Million and RM don't need him. Personally, I think he will stay with Liverpool, though if Arsenal came in and they're still top of the league, that would be interesting.

agree with all that, it was poor from both the manager and the players. and worrying.

and brendan's complaining that we don't have a big enough squad or enough quality in depth. while i agree, it was him spent £10m on borini, £15m on allen, £7m on alberto, £7m on aspas and £7m on ilori, plus £15m on sakho, and none of them started yesterday.

You forgot Coutinho also mate who he bought for a bargain 8/9 million was it? For me that was the strangest decision putting him on the bench when he needs games again.

Still somebody will be coming in for Suarez in the window and the trick will be spending the big bucks wisely unlike the Spurs. If he just plays and keeps his head down at 26 he is worth at least 80 million.

Forgot to mention also chaps.....Hodgson!!!

Do you think it was payback for the way the you treated him? I mean Rodgers was totally owned by him last week wasn't he......every man and his dog new he had an ankle injury so why on earth was he allowed to talk him into playing for England against the obvious word of his club?

Don't expect to see Hodgson at Anfield scouting again soon tongue.png

Crazy that one!

You forgot Coutinho also mate who he bought for a bargain 8/9 million was it? For me that was the strangest decision putting him on the bench when he needs games again.

Still somebody will be coming in for Suarez in the window and the trick will be spending the big bucks wisely unlike the Spurs. If he just plays and keeps his head down at 26 he is worth at least 80 million.

Coutinho wasn't fully fit, check your facts before making comments !

Fair point that and when you add it up its a fair chunk of change.

Certainly - Mignolet, Coutinho, Sturridge, Toure(Free) have proven to be very good business.

The jury is out on the rest.

Coutinho wasn't fully fit, check your facts before making comments !

What was wrong with him then Alfie? I like facts.

He did come on as a sub you know? maybe the Liverpool lads know as much as you!