Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

That was most probably the best four goals from one player in a game i have seen,love him or hate him this guy is an unbelievable talent when his head is on the game.

Interesting when the bids start rolling in as to how much he will be sold for ...got to be more than Bale hasn't it really!!

Your football intelligence is showing out again red, no way is he going for more money than Bale did purely by the fact that he is 27 next month.

If he keeps this form up in to the World Cup and stays out of trouble I think he will be worth more than Bale.

I understand your point of being 27, but at 27 he is coming to his best not on his way down. Madrid will be paying for proven talent beyond potential like Bale was. A player of Saurez' talent is still going to be an amazing player in 4 years.

If they win trophies, shift shirts and image sales it will be a worth it.

If he keeps this form up in to the World Cup and stays out of trouble I think he will be worth more than Bale,

So what about if Bale continues to improve until the age 27 which you claim is when a player come to his best , who do you think would be more worth more in 3 years time ?

Do you think Madrid paid 85m for potential ? well if they did and Suarez was being mooted for 50-60m at the beginning of the season, why was there such a large price difference ?

Sorry BB but your bias shows through just like it always does !

I assumed we are talking specifically about the value to Madrid, I don't see other teams stumping up unless they get in a bidding war.

I can't really answer your question regarding whether Bale will be worth more or less, no matter what his form it it is about demand. Just like there was a demand for Bale from Madrid, there is demand for Suarez and as mentioned by Chicog Madrid have form in paying whatever it takes to get their man and age of 27 will not be a discounting factor.

Regarding paying 85M for potential, I think to degree yes. If you consider only one pretty good season in EPL, never played outside the English league, very limited European experience and a tendency to disappear in big matches.

We didn't moot Suarez for 50-60 million, nor did we suggest that was the price to the only bidder.

Levy did well to milk every penny out of Madrid, I don't think Bale is worth that money, no one else was willing to buy Bale or even bid for him.

I don't think he is a better player than Suarez, you might think that is bias but it is opinion based on what I see every week. I know when my team are shit and I know when a player is better than another no matter what shirt he wears. I think if you wanted to say there was a price difference in the summer, it would be because of Suarez' volatility. You can't really compare as there were no serious bids for Suarez, perhaps we'll see in the summer….maybe January.

Well lads, it appears we have ourselves a bit of a game next weekend!!

Certainly Carms, with Arsenal playing away at City it is a chance to claw them back slightly if they falter.

Will be an interesting game. Your ability to grind out results without playing well is worrying me. Selfishly I am hoping that the fans pressure we have seen at White Hart Lane continues and we can get a result.

YB

Certainly Carms, with Arsenal playing away at City it is a chance to claw them back slightly if they falter.

Will be an interesting game. Your ability to grind out results without playing well is worrying me. Selfishly I am hoping that the fans pressure we have seen at White Hart Lane continues and we can get a result.

YB

To be honest theres not a lot of fan pressure from what i hear. Yes, there the usual east stand whiners that have been complaining for years but generally speaking its more newspaper driven.

I'm hearing we should have Danny Rose back and could possibly field our chosen back four (Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose) for the first time in months. Nothing confirmed yet mind you.

I was rather hoping Suarez would nick a straight red last night so i'll just have to hope he has an off day. Someones going to be tasked with sticking on top of him thats for sure. Quite how i his current form i'm not sure!

YB

To be honest theres not a lot of fan pressure from what i hear. Yes, there the usual east stand whiners that have been complaining for years but generally speaking its more newspaper driven.

I'm hearing we should have Danny Rose back and could possibly field our chosen back four (Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose) for the first time in months. Nothing confirmed yet mind you.

I was rather hoping Suarez would nick a straight red last night so i'll just have to hope he has an off day. Someones going to be tasked with sticking on top of him thats for sure. Quite how i his current form i'm not sure!

Ok forgive me, sounds like it when I watch them play at home.

Ha ha, that would have helped you for sure. Hopefully he carries on this form. We will need to keep it tight at the back and in midfield, been far to open at times away from home. Waiting to hear how long Stevie G will be out for.

That was most probably the best four goals from one player in a game i have seen,love him or hate him this guy is an unbelievable talent when his head is on the game.

Interesting when the bids start rolling in as to how much he will be sold for ...got to be more than Bale hasn't it really!!

Your football intelligence is showing out again red, no way is he going for more money than Bale did purely by the fact that he is 27 next month.

Ok Mr know it all just a few facts that show your knowledge up YET again <deleted>!!

Zidane Figo Kaka......................just three that went for World record transfers that were 27 or older,Madrid would pay top dollar for Suarez without any doubt.

• Like 1

Ok Mr know it all just a few facts that show your knowledge up YET again <deleted>!!

Zidane Figo Kaka......................just three that went for World record transfers that were 27 or older,Madrid would pay top dollar for Suarez without any doubt.

Where have i got my facts wrong ?

Read what i wrote mumpty,

no way is he (Suarez) going for more money than Bale did purely by the fact that he is 27 next month.

Where did i say "no player older than 27 goes for a World record transfer"

no way is he (Suarez) going for more money than Bale did purely by the fact that he is 27 next month.

Stop being a prick Alfie.........the World record tag is immaterial! the fact is that those three where bought by Real Madrid at the age of 27 or older for top money

You said that Suarez "no way" would go for more money than Bale did based on the fact that he is nearly 27.

You are wrong!

The three players transfers i gave you as a reference shows this and the market place and inflation when Real Madrid come knocking proves it......just take a look at there transfer market history.

Now go and stand on the naughty step again until i tell you to come off laugh.png facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

Stop being a prick Alfie.........the World record tag is immaterial! the fact is that those three where bought by Real Madrid at the age of 27 or older for top money

You said that Suarez "no way" would go for more money than Bale did based on the fact that he is nearly 27.

You are wrong!

The three players transfers i gave you as a reference shows this and the market place and inflation when Real Madrid come knocking proves it......just take a look at there transfer market history.

Now go and stand on the naughty step again until i tell you to come off laugh.png facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

If the World Record tag is Immaterial then why did you mention it and then go on to talk about other players going for world record transfers ? cos i didn't !

All i said was a simple statement, which just needed a simple replay and not all your waffling laugh.png

"no way" would go for more money than Bale did based on the fact that he is nearly 27.

This is my opinion if that is ok with you ? You say i am wrong ! how can i be wrong when he hasn't gone anywhere facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png unless your another mystic jack of course biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

And you didn't answer the following questions : Where have i got my facts wrong ?

: Where did i say "no player older than 27 goes for a World record transfer"

Edited by alfieconn

You are wrong!

If the World Record tag is Immaterial then why did you mention it and then go on to talk about other players going for world record transfers ? cos i didn't !

All i said was a simple statement, which just needed a simple replay and not all your waffling laugh.png

"no way" would go for more money than Bale did based on the fact that he is nearly 27.

This is my opinion if that is ok with you ? You say i am wrong ! how can i be wrong when he hasn't gone anywhere facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png unless your another mystic jack of course biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

And you didn't answer the following questions : Where have i got my facts wrong ?

I really dont know whether its the fact that you are trying to wind people up, or the fact that when God was handing brains out, you were holding open the door for everybody else.whistling.gif

But you could start an arguement in an empty room. It does become a bit boring Alfie.

I really dont know whether its the fact that you are trying to wind people up, or the fact that when God was handing brains out, you were holding open the door for everybody else.whistling.gif

But you could start an arguement in an empty room. It does become a bit boring Alfie.

No one's asking you to read my posts ! or even more simple put me on ignore.

Oh sorry, i can't disagree with someone and have a opinion and your a find one to talk about not having brains !!!

Come on Alfie, if a player goes for more than Bale it will probably be a world record fee. You implied the meaning, and your pedant-ism is not going to change that fact.

How can we ignore you mate? Life would be too dull. Sometimes though you need to let that bone go.smile.png

Come on Alfie, if a player goes for more than Bale it will probably be a world record fee. You implied the meaning, and your pedant-ism is not going to change that fact.

How can we ignore you mate? Life would be too dull. Sometimes though you need to let that bone go.smile.png

Where have i said it wouldn't be ?

Your getting confused and reading too much into what i said ! i was saying in my opinion Suarez wouldn't go for more than 85m at 27 which was in reply to red's comment

Simple answer, nothing to do with bale being ex Spurs and liking the fella or thinking he's a great player or being better Suarez, just my answer from looking at things logicly !

It was red who started going on about players being over 27 going for world transfer fees !

Edited by alfieconn

Alfie

We had the constructive argument and you got wrapped up in circles and started digging holes again.

Now your a big man but your out of shape...with me its a full time job.............behave yourself.

OK, i would say that he currently stands out as the third best player in the world on this seasons form.

He is 27 yo in january though which has an impact on his age. There may well be a bid thrown in during the next window but Liverpool would probably look to keep him until the end of the season.

You would probably see a bid of 65m for Suarez thrown in the hat next summer and if so, accepted. A comparison to Bale is difficult to make because Bales a lot younger in football terms, and although Madrid seem very happy with their acquisition, they are probably the only club, aside of Chelsea that are stupid enough to pay that sort of money. Bales 86m sale was a ludicrous one off. I find it hard to believe it was sanctioned by the board/bank because it was mental.

People tend to believe their homes valuation to be higher than it actually is and football fans the same with their players. I still can't fathom how or why Perez threw that amount on the table. But if the suggestion by Mr Ed and others is that anyones going to pay more for a 27 yo with his disciplinary record then you have having a laugh

cheesy.gif

Please share MrEd. I can't wait for you to tell me who is going to table a bid of 90m for 27 yo Luis Suarez

Theres only one to team that are in such a mess that they would be prepared to pay well over the odds, the very same team that were prepared to pay 100m for Bale laugh.png

cheesy.gif

Please share MrEd. I can't wait for you to tell me who is going to table a bid of 90m for 27 yo Luis Suarez

Theres only one to team that are in such a mess that they would be prepared to pay well over the odds, the very same team that were prepared to pay 100m for Bale laugh.png

<deleted> me it took its time but the penny has actually dropped! facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

YB

Carms I just hope this 'rub of the green' your boys keep getting from the refs doesn't continue on Sunday. I said after the Hull game it evens itself out over the course of the season so you are due 3 dodgy decisions against you. Hopefully one or two will come on Sunday!!wink.png

cheesy.gif

fuc_k me it took its time but the penny has actually dropped! facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Not really, i still think you're talking nonsense

YB

Carms I just hope this 'rub of the green' your boys keep getting from the refs doesn't continue on Sunday. I said after the Hull game it evens itself out over the course of the season so you are due 3 dodgy decisions against you. Hopefully one or two will come on Sunday!!wink.png

Strange really because we were not awarded a single premier league penalty in the whole of last season.

Can you imagine that scenario with Manchester United!!

But yes, the one awarded against Hull was a farce and Sunderland should have had one from Sandro's handball (but didn't deserve a point anyway)