Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just curious, did Webb see the foul that should have seen Gerrard off? And was he responsible for the two goals Liverpool conceded?

Did you not see the free-kick he gave for the foul?

No.Arsenal were responsible for the 2 goals they scored.

Just curious, did Webb see the foul that should have seen Gerrard off? And was he responsible for the two goals Liverpool conceded?

yeah, gerrard got away with that one. howard always seems a bit star-struck, and i suspect that if that had been anyone other than the england captain he'd have walked.

but as previously mentioned, monreal should have had a straight red in the first half and podolski should have seen two yellows before gerrard should. if webb had refereed the match rather than the narrative it would have been a totally different game.

yes, as it would had sturridge had his shooting boots on. poor finishing and pisspoor refereeing aren't mutually exclusive.

Ofcourse the bright side for Liverpool is that they can now focus all their attention now on top four.

But if United win the Champs League, top 4 won't be good enough tongue.png

Top 3 now for my beloved Liverpool. No way arsenal will last the pace. I see a downward spiral at the emirates (unless webb is reffing all their gameswink.png)

• Like 1

Well we normally do well in the last quarter of the season, but I suppose a lot depends on the result in the Bayern tie and the FACQ.

biggrin.png

Is that when you end up trophyless again? Oh wait........ We get top four tho.........

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well I'm not a pessimist, but I did say Arsenal wouldn't win the league unless they bought a world class striker.

And they didn't.

Som num na.

That's such a gay post.

"Son num na"...................really?

Well I'm not a pessimist, but I did say Arsenal wouldn't win the league unless they bought a world class striker.

And they didn't.

Som num na.

That's such a gay post.

Out of interest can you explain why?

Yes and Gerrard was on a yellow wasn't he. Should have gone. Overall an absolute shocker of a game for Webb.

Ofcourse the bright side for Liverpool is that they can now focus all their attention now on top four.

I've seen so many making that complaint when it's just not a clear yellow. It's just not.

He saw the foul and awarded it and determined it wasn't a yellow. Hardly clear cut. The player was going nowhere, headed straight out of play, and since they were both moving at pace it looked much worse than it was. He didn't pull him down from behind, but fouled him sliding in from the side. Those aren't always given as yellows, and I think it's one that looked worse than it truly was. If he gives that yellow for Gerrard, he has to give the one which was even worse in the first half, where Podolski fouled a Liverpool player quite cynically when the ball was long gone. He didn't give that yellow, so I see it as consistent with the match, those 2 decisions.

Think of it this way. There was an almost identical foul when Arsenal played at Anfield a couple weeks ago and Gerrard conceded a penalty. Correct call. Was he given a yellow in that case? Nope. That kind of foul is not always given as a yellow. It's a judgement call and a 50/50 decision, very different from the obvious missed penalty call.

• Like 1

But if United win the Champs League, top 4 won't be good enough tongue.png

That will keep everyone awake at night.

whistling.gif

Not me. Never gonna happen. United will never get their hands on that trophy this year.

4th's not certain for us, anyway. Could be higher or lower. We have to keep going. Spurs are in great form too, right now, and only 3 points back I believe. We've still got them to play at home so I expect we'll finish above them, but you never know, it's been a crazy season so far.

Howard Webb is a massive C&%$

He could quite easily have shown a red to Sterling but let it go. I don't like Webb but that was good refereeing using common sense.

That much is true. I thought he was surely going to give him a yellow.

Yes and Gerrard was on a yellow wasn't he. Should have gone. Overall an absolute shocker of a game for Webb.

I've seen so many making that complaint when it's just not a clear yellow. It's just not.

He saw the foul and awarded it and determined it wasn't a yellow. Hardly clear cut. The player was going nowhere, headed straight out of play, and since they were both moving at pace it looked much worse than it was. He didn't pull him down from behind, but fouled him sliding in from the side. Those aren't always given as yellows, and I think it's one that looked worse than it truly was. If he gives that yellow for Gerrard, he has to give the one which was even worse in the first half, where Podolski fouled a Liverpool player quite cynically when the ball was long gone. He didn't give that yellow, so I see it as consistent with the match, those 2 decisions.

Think of it this way. There was an almost identical foul when Arsenal played at Anfield a couple weeks ago and Gerrard conceded a penalty. Correct call. Was he given a yellow in that case? Nope. That kind of foul is not always given as a yellow. It's a judgement call and a 50/50 decision, very different from the obvious missed penalty call.

Webb let plenty go in that game, and got several decisions wrong on both sides. I don't think it influenced the result.

It's over. Move on.

He could quite easily have shown a red to Sterling but let it go. I don't like Webb but that was good refereeing using common sense.

That much is true. I thought he was surely going to give him a yellow.

i know you're not supposed to put your hands on the referee and uld have completely understood him booking sterling for it, but webb's <deleted> disdain and expression at sterling made me want to go postal. south yorkshire police bastard giving it the whole "don't you dare touch a copper" thing. he's a horrible individual.

• Like 1

think there were two things really - one sterling is dead young and two england captain gerrard was there to talk webb around. sterling was lucky. that said, he had just been fouled and then booted in the back while on the ground, which webb again ignored. so i could understand him being frustrated. but you know from a young age you never put your hands on a ref.

graham poll was, is and always will be a massive shithouse.

@Alfieconn Chicog ...It's over over ,move on.

Hands on ref: Different subject. Different Ref. Different Player. Different team. You are not very bright are you?

If you want to be a petty little stalker, go and find another kid your own age to play with, eh?

• Like 1

And they didn't.

Som num na.

That's such a gay post.

Out of interest can you explain why?

Some people obviously see gayness everywhere.

whistling.gif

Hands on ref: Different subject. Different Ref. Different Player. Different team. You are not very bright are you?

If you want to be a petty little stalker, go and find another kid your own age to play with, eh?

Kid is a ref: to a mate ,buddy,pal of any age where I come from.

• Like 1

Kid is a ref: to a mate ,buddy,pal of any age where I come from.

me too, are you from county road?.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Can't see many red noses wantin Chelsea to win so come on let's hear it for the TOFFEES.....come on you blues, c'mon don't be shy...

come on ya not all asleep in the village, most of ya are only a 2 hour difference from England.