Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Suarez suspended for nine matches and four months. Further details to follow.

Nine International games, Domestic Games or both do we reckon.? Up in the air at the mo, no one seems to know.

redrus

Suarez suspended for nine matches and four months. Further details to follow.

Nine International games, Domestic Games or both do we reckon.? Up in the air at the mo, no one seems to know.

redrus

It seems to be 9 internationals (and he can't even enter the stadium's) plus 4 months from any football related matches

It's just confirmed that above which means he will miss about 9 games for Liverpool (should he still be there)

Got away with it there, massively I think. Same as last time.!!

redrus

P45, your staunch defence of Suarez right across the forum, has not gone unnoticed. Can I ask 'why' such support for him.?

redrus

Very tough upbringing. Became one of the best footballers in the world.

Sounds like he's a good lad by all accounts. Apart from when he's in a sh!t or bust "I gotta win this".

Fabulous season under Rodgers. No trouble, even in the highly competitive premier league.

So what happened in Brazil?

A very dirty game with the Italians all the way through the match. They were probably looking for it.

It's just confirmed that above which means he will miss about 9 games for Liverpool (should he still be there)

Deja Vu

This time he's been fined £66,000 and banned from entering any stadium

Edited by uptheos

smile.png

Didn't stop him scoring more goals than anyone else last season despite missing the early games.

So my answer would be yes.

Anyway, he might go to Barcelona from what I've been reading.

smile.png

Didn't stop him scoring more goals than anyone else last season despite missing the early games.

Sorry P45. The end of my statement "should he be there" wasn't a question. My bad I posted in haste. I was just saying if he remains at Liverpool, he'd miss about 9 games.

smile.png

Sorry P45. The end of my statement "should he be there" wasn't a question. My bad I posted in haste. I was just saying if he remains at Liverpool, he'd miss about 9 games.

More like 13 BJ. 3 Champs League and 1 League Cup fall in the period.

I think I just heard that he cannot be sold during the period he is banned 'from all football'

Anyone confirm?

OK just heard on Sky sports he can move and Barcelona still want him.

If a biggish offer comes in I think Liverpool will sell.

Can't see a repeat of last season, after all the support he had.

smile.png

More like 13 BJ. 3 Champs League and 1 League Cup fall in the period.

Yep. The guy on the telly was only counting Prem games

I think I just heard that he cannot be sold during the period he is banned 'from all football'

Anyone confirm?

But Liverpool would not be prevented from selling the former Ajax player this summer should they decide to offload him to another club.

He has already been linked with moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28023882

Full story from the good old BBC.

• Like 1

P45, your staunch defence of Suarez right across the forum, has not gone unnoticed. Can I ask 'why' such support for him.?

redrus

Very tough upbringing. Became one of the best footballers in the world.

Sounds like he's a good lad by all accounts. Apart from when he's in a sh!t or bust "I gotta win this".

Fabulous season under Rodgers. No trouble, even in the highly competitive premier league.

So what happened in Brazil?

A very dirty game with the Italians all the way through the match. They were probably looking for it.

If it were the first time he bite another player, then i'd agree with you, but biting another

for the third time is inexcusable.

He hasn't learnt his lesson from the two previous punishments so for me he'll most probably

do it again when he returns from his suspension.

He clearly has mental issues, therefore what happens next time he does it?

Edited by sotsira

I find this interesting.

'Under the terms of the ban, Suarez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of his suspension'.

Has any player ever before been not just suspended from playing games, but totally excluded from the game in this way?

Presumably he can't watch the remaining Uruguay game(s) in Brazil.

Rumours that Uruguay are considering pulling out of the tournament.facepalm.gif

Ban them for 9 world cups if they do?biggrin.png

Clearly biting is an acceptable social convention down there.

• Like 1

My take on it!

1. Suarez joins Barca (for less than we would have got)

2. Barca appeal domestic ban

3. Domestic ban overturned

4. Starts La Liga season.

Can't see FIFA overturning the punishment, would be too detrimental for them.

Whether Suarez stays or leaves Liverpool, will depend on whether he, and Liverpool FC

think whether he can still play in the EPL after all this fiasco, and how the media will affect

his game.

If a top European club offer the right money, i feel LFC would want to let him go, but will they

offer the right money?

My take on it!

1. Suarez joins Barca (for less than we would have got)

2. Barca appeal domestic ban

3. Domestic ban overturned

4. Starts La Liga season.

Can't see FIFA overturning the punishment, would be too detrimental for them.

Whether Suarez stays or leaves Liverpool, will depend on whether he, and Liverpool FC

think whether he can still play in the EPL after all this fiasco, and how the media will affect

his game.

If a top European club offer the right money, i feel LFC would want to let him go, but will they

offer the right money?

For clubs outside UK I believe the buyout is 80 Mil Euros

I think the bidding will start lower to test Liverpool's resolve.

I expect Barca to offer players.......but will they want to go?

Edited by uptheos

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho made an offer.

smile.png

If he's good enough for Barcelona.......

( I think the total exclusion from football thing is a bit of an interesting one. Doesn't feel right to me. A bit of an outcast kind of taint to it. )