Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just reading through this threads last 20/30 pages ,something sticks out like a farang in a smoking jacket & brogues in an early morning market in KPPT...Namely the Southerners,they are like vultures hovering over the thread ,waiting for their turn at the table after the Lions have had their feast.The subject is well and truely dead but the vultures still land ,scavenge on the carcass,even when the scraps have gone they keep picking at the bone.

Tomorrows game should be a good one ,hope to see something like our starting XI v Southampton ,but this is only a friendly not like a final v Man U in the USAwink.png

Hello btw!smile.png

You seem confused or biased kurtramsbottom. The subject is NOT well and truly done.

It might be if UNITED finish higher in the Prem though.

The scum will NOT finish higher than Liverpool.
I wouldn't put money on it.

What about them finishing above your rent boys?

Quite possible.

Can not take them for granted.

Seems like you geezers up north speak with forked tongue.

facepalm.gif

Nah, not at all.... We only 'care' about teams from the North..... Big difference.... ;)

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Don't see wheres the argument here. Mindyou, i do struggle to believe that Liverpool would be happy losing to United under any circumstances and it was a peculiar pre season fixture that one!

thats the arguemnt carms they get so outplayed by man ure in a 'cup final' be it a pre season b4 a huge live crowd and a massive world wide tv audience, no scoucer on here for a day or so after the game and then they come out with oh were not bothered, Really!!!

mean while wee willy is busy having a pop at arsenal for 'inventing' the emirates teophy but never winning it.

"Outplayed"

Did you watch the game?

yep suspect defence with gerrards limited defensive capabilties leading the way. wqqat the defending end of the park alway looks like he ha sa.mistake in him and a pretty toothless attack. As we know pre season gives no idea on lge form but Imo going on that display your squad looks thin, maybe one definatly two injuries away from being a pretty average midtable unit. And yeah i'de stick by outplayed, the second half in particular, utd pretty much over run you.

Well not long to go now before the season start - thank God !

Anyway thought this was an interesting interview (copied below) with Coutinho, I was wondering why he was playing almost as a CM in a couple of Pre-Season games. And also saw the aggression in his games towards the end of last season.

Philippe Coutinho - Midfield General?
Philippe Coutinho has told Brazilian radio station Radio Tupi that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is moulding him into a midfield general.
In an interview translated by Liverpool fan page Liverpool FC 360 – Jeremy’s Lfc360, the playmaker said that he feels he’s toughened up since going to England and that he is using his physicality.
The radio presenter says “Speaking of improvement, I see you’re not that mild-mannered boy on the pitch anymore?”, to which Coutinho replies: “I owe thanks to Brendaõ (Brendan Rodgers) for that. After Wigan away, where I didn’t stop fighting – Brendan called me to office and told me he’s sure I can be a ‘volanté’ or a no. 8.”
The presenter then questions this development, saying it isn’t Coutinho’s natural game. Coutinho disagrees: “A number 8 role? Why not? I’m only a boy. Brendan showed me I can learn. Brendaõ said before Everton at Anfield, “do you have the fire?” Before Arsenal he told me to not give them peace. I gave no peace.
It (my physique) will be (suited). I’m working closely with my amigo Pedro Philippou (trainer) and (Ryland) Morgans. I look at my teammates too. I work with Joe (Allen) sometimes to see how he uses his body to protect the ball. He’s amazing at it.”
The midfielder then said that Rodgers had given him DVDs of Valderrama, Valeron, Rui Costa, Francescoli to study for holidays.
Before the interview finished, Coutinho was asked what he felt when he was excluded from the Brazil World Cup squad: “Anger. Not because I’m selfish, but because I could have offered something.
I’m going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training. At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them harder.”

facepalm.gif

Nah, not at all.... We only 'care' about teams from the North..... Big difference.... ;)

redrus

yeah,corse you do. so much so that liverpools a nice safe city to be for a shirt wearing manure fan when the teams meet,? from my expirence.i think not, land of rednecks and inbreds.

Just reading through this threads last 20/30 pages ,something sticks out like a farang in a smoking jacket & brogues in an early morning market in KPPT...Namely the Southerners,they are like vultures hovering over the thread ,waiting for their turn at the table after the Lions have had their feast.The subject is well and truely dead but the vultures still land ,scavenge on the carcass,even when the scraps have gone they keep picking at the bone.

Tomorrows game should be a good one ,hope to see something like our starting XI v Southampton ,but this is only a friendly not like a final v Man U in the USAwink.png

Hello btw!smile.png

yep. when your a midtable ish team, which b4 last season you' ve pretty much been for the last ??? years no one on here gives a flying f , but when you challenge for honours the scrutiny on here intensifies, if u like seeing your team in the top 4, best get used to it or ignore the forum as you've done 4 the not quite.so succesful years .

Anyway thought this was an interesting interview (copied below) with Coutinho, I was wondering why he was playing almost as a CM in a couple of Pre-Season games. And also saw the aggression in his games towards the end of last season.

Philippe Coutinho has told Brazilian radio station Radio Tupi that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is moulding him into a midfield general.
In an interview translated by Liverpool fan page Liverpool FC 360 – Jeremy’s Lfc360, the playmaker said that he feels he’s toughened up since going to England and that he is using his physicality.
The radio presenter says “Speaking of improvement, I see you’re not that mild-mannered boy on the pitch anymore?”, to which Coutinho replies: “I owe thanks to Brendaõ (Brendan Rodgers) for that. After Wigan away, where I didn’t stop fighting – Brendan called me to office and told me he’s sure I can be a ‘volanté’ or a no. 8.”
The presenter then questions this development, saying it isn’t Coutinho’s natural game. Coutinho disagrees: “A number 8 role? Why not? I’m only a boy. Brendan showed me I can learn. Brendaõ said before Everton at Anfield, “do you have the fire?” Before Arsenal he told me to not give them peace. I gave no peace.
It (my physique) will be (suited). I’m working closely with my amigo Pedro Philippou (trainer) and (Ryland) Morgans. I look at my teammates too. I work with Joe (Allen) sometimes to see how he uses his body to protect the ball. He’s amazing at it.”
The midfielder then said that Rodgers had given him DVDs of Valderrama, Valeron, Rui Costa, Francescoli to study for holidays.
Before the interview finished, Coutinho was asked what he felt when he was excluded from the Brazil World Cup squad: “Anger. Not because I’m selfish, but because I could have offered something.
I’m going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training. At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them harder.”

With Coutinho moving central that gives options for Lallana, Markovic to be used and rotated more.

A few reliable journos (Tim Vickery and Maddock) stating they know LFC have made firm enquires with a big name player who will be joining to replace Suarez. Nothing from (Pearce or Barret) on this as yet... but at least we are aiming high.

Moreno - by all accounts is now done, so another first choice target. I think thats been the difference this year with out transfers.

Basically comes down to who's got the players and the manager.

I have faith in Mourinho. City probably got the strongest squad.

What do you do?

Up to Brendan. No win this season, no loss. Years ahead of him.

Chelseas squad is just as strong as City's if not stronger, despite being weakened by the sale of Lukaku, but then again in Mourinho's defense theres been many a time last season when you didn't need a striker on the pitch.

Why are you constantly trying to lower expectations? After all, Mourinho does that quite well already what with his multi million pound star studded little horse an all that tosh.

Don't understand the rest of your post.

With Coutinho moving central that gives options for Lallana, Markovic to be used and rotated more.

A few reliable journos (Tim Vickery and Maddock) stating they know LFC have made firm enquires with a big name player who will be joining to replace Suarez. Nothing from (Pearce or Barret) on this as yet... but at least we are aiming high.

Moreno - by all accounts is now done, so another first choice target. I think thats been the difference this year with out transfers.

Apologies for keep quoting myself here, just trying to avoid all the SPAM thats been filling the thread for a while as I have to wade through pages and pages of non LFC related posts...

Anyway Regarding the 'Big Name' player being reported by (Tim Vickery) I've just listened on a latest podcast to what he says, he got call on this from a reliable sources (not a player agent) he then said its great news for LFC fans "a big player is coming in as the replacement for Suarez" BUT its 100% not Falcao. Thats all he can confirm or seemed willing to say on it.

People now putting 2n2 together that its 'Cavani' or another 'South American' player given Tim is the South American correspondent.

• Like 1

People now putting 2n2 together that its 'Cavani' or another 'South American' player given Tim is the South American correspondent.

I listen to Tim quite a lot and apart from being extremely knowledgeable of the in's and out's of South American football, he has a lot of contacts and his predictions are in the main, spot on.

• Like 2

I listen to Tim quite a lot and apart from being extremely knowledgeable of the in's and out's of South American football, he has a lot of contacts and his predictions are in the main, spot on.

One of the diminishing group of football journalists who knows football, isn't a gossip, tweets less than ten times a day and has ethics. Great guy.

Warning of incoming name dropping-I met him once with a small group of South American football writers/nuts-wonderful person without any sense that he was "better" than anyone else.

• Like 2

Apologies for keep quoting myself here, just trying to avoid all the SPAM thats been filling the thread for a while as I have to wade through pages and pages of non LFC related posts...

Anyway Regarding the 'Big Name' player being reported by (Tim Vickery) I've just listened on a latest podcast to what he says, he got call on this from a reliable sources (not a player agent) he then said its great news for LFC fans "a big player is coming in as the replacement for Suarez" BUT its 100% not Falcao. Thats all he can confirm or seemed willing to say on it.

I thought it was common knowledge who the big named player is !!!!!!!!!!!! Leandro Damiao biggrin.png

One of the diminishing group of football journalists who knows football, isn't a gossip, tweets less than ten times a day and has ethics. Great guy.

Warning of incoming name dropping-I met him once with a small group of South American football writers/nuts-wonderful person without any sense that he was "better" than anyone else.

Yeah I agree, even though I've never had the pleasure to meet the guy. Name drop all you like Jelly. Amongst many others, I've met and appeared with the full cast of Coronation Street many, many times. Who's that you ask laugh.png

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, even though I've never had the pleasure to meet the guy. Name drop all you like Jelly. Amongst many others, I've met and appeared with the full cast of Coronation Street many, many times. Who's that you ask laugh.png

I always did wonder who was desperate enough to bang Hilda Ogden. Now we know.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Don't see wheres the argument here. Mindyou, i do struggle to believe that Liverpool would be happy losing to United under any circumstances and it was a peculiar pre season fixture that one!

thats the arguemnt carms they get so outplayed by man ure in a 'cup final' be it a pre season b4 a huge live crowd and a massive world wide tv audience, no scoucer on here for a day or so after the game and then they come out with oh were not bothered, Really!!!

mean while wee willy is busy having a pop at arsenal for 'inventing' the emirates teophy but never winning it.

"Outplayed"

Did you watch the game?

yep suspect defence with gerrards limited defensive capabilties leading the way. wqqat the defending end of the park alway looks like he ha sa.mistake in him and a pretty toothless attack. As we know pre season gives no idea on lge form but Imo going on that display your squad looks thin, maybe one definatly two injuries away from being a pretty average midtable unit. And yeah i'de stick by outplayed, the second half in particular, utd pretty much over run you.

I may have been worried about this critique if it was from somebody else, or if you knew anything about football, but...

facepalm.gif

Nah, not at all.... We only 'care' about teams from the North..... Big difference.... wink.png

redrus

I'd have to admit, Eddie Gray was one of my football heroes.

Leeds will return at some point in the future I suppose.

facepalm.gif

redrus

yeah,corse you do. so much so that liverpools a nice safe city to be for a shirt wearing manure fan when the teams meet,? from my expirence.i think not, land of rednecks and inbreds.

I don't actually think it's possible that you could have misunderstood my post any more than you actually have.

redrus

• Like 1

Basically comes down to who's got the players and the manager.

I have faith in Mourinho. City probably got the strongest squad.

What do you do?

Up to Brendan. No win this season, no loss. Years ahead of him.

Chelseas squad is just as strong as City's if not stronger, despite being weakened by the sale of Lukaku, but then again in Mourinho's defense theres been many a time last season when you didn't need a striker on the pitch.

Why are you constantly trying to lower expectations? After all, Mourinho does that quite well already what with his multi million pound star studded little horse an all that tosh.

Don't understand the rest of your post.

No disgrace if Brendan doesn't win the Prem this time.

He's only just started on his managerial career.

Window's not closed yet either, so Liverpool are likely to be highly dangerous. ( So are City).

So I guess as as far as Vagarkles, Ejit and Pish-flaps45 are concerned that result would suggest we are going to win the league wink.png

Who is vagarkles & Ejit? I get the pish-flaps45 .

I reckon we should be favourites now for both the prem & CL ,especially with City getting tonked by their biggest rivals in the sky.

Liverpool looked very good against Borussia Dortmund.

There is no need to overcomplicate it.

see the spoucers are bleeting but yep, good result and specially good 4 @ a defender to score on was it his home debut?. looked more or less the first choice out, but after that,, !!!!! imo 4 europe plus the prem, squads still thin 4eg sturridge out, u'de struggle