Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Being rumoured Frank Lampard is to be paid 190k per week by the Abu owners at City . On the same page Stevie G . has been told by FSG he will have to take a 50% pay cut to get a new contract . If these reports are true , then Stevie will jump at the chance to join his mate at City , he would be a fool not to , he goes to City , he will be surrounded by absolute quality , only being played as an impact player sharing the role with Lampard , for this he will probably be paid the same as his mate . Could see him & Lampard playing this role for a further 2 years . Bye bye capt Fantastic.

I understood that one of the reasons Stevie G retired from International football was to play in games like last night.If he is considered to be the "heart and soul" of the Liverpool team why did he

not start ? The chance of playing RM would, I imagine, be high on his agenda

Does not make sense as he has until Saturday to rest, maybe train Friday,same goes for the other first choice starters.Isn't this what Liverpool fans have been craving for, playing in Europe and giving it 110% ? To add to the confusion isn't there another international break after this weekend.

Wouldn't place too much credence on Gerrard being asked for a 50% pay cut,pure media speculation ,but bet he was rightly really cheesed off last night

in our current form what sort of chance do you truly believe we had against RM away. It's not about any one player it is about the team and getting something out of the Chelsea match is imperative. Having "first team" starters fresh makes sense. Even if we managed a draw, we'd still need results from the remaining 2 CL matches. Having a European break after the Chelsea match doesn't make any difference.

I'm not saying i agree or disagree but I can understand why players were rested. For the travelling fans it was unfortunate but the team that played gave it their all, there is no room for sentiment. If we were in great form and flying along maybe worth questioning, but were not.

For me resting Stevie was a good idea , but to replace him with Joe Allen was not . And then to play Allen in the `10` role was a really bad idea . There again , to play him at all is a bad idea .

Being rumoured Frank Lampard is to be paid 190k per week by the Abu owners at City . On the same page Stevie G . has been told by FSG he will have to take a 50% pay cut to get a new contract . If these reports are true , then Stevie will jump at the chance to join his mate at City , he would be a fool not to , he goes to City , he will be surrounded by absolute quality , only being played as an impact player sharing the role with Lampard , for this he will probably be paid the same as his mate . Could see him & Lampard playing this role for a further 2 years . Bye bye capt Fantastic.

I understood that one of the reasons Stevie G retired from International football was to play in games like last night.If he is considered to be the "heart and soul" of the Liverpool team why did he

Does not make sense as he has until Saturday to rest, maybe train Friday,same goes for the other first choice starters.Isn't this what Liverpool fans have been craving for, playing in Europe and giving it 110% ? To add to the confusion isn't there another international break after this weekend.

Wouldn't place too much credence on Gerrard being asked for a 50% pay cut,pure media speculation ,but bet he was rightly really cheesed off last night

in our current form what sort of chance do you truly believe we had against RM away. It's not about any one player it is about the team and getting something out of the Chelsea match is imperative. Having "first team" starters fresh makes sense. Even if we managed a draw, we'd still need results from the remaining 2 CL matches. Having an International break after the Chelsea match doesn't make any difference.

I'm not saying i agree or disagree but I can understand why players were rested. For the travelling fans it was unfortunate but the team that played gave it their all, there is no room for sentiment. If we were in great form and flying along maybe worth questioning, but were not.

I hear what you are saying Bob but as a neutral i found it very disappointing and a rather dim reflection of the premier league.

Obviously i'm a neutral on this and possibly my opinion might differ it i were a Liverpool fan. but i'm not and i found it a thoroughly negative gesture by Rodgers to an occasion that deserved more. Real white flag stuff and frankly quite embarrassing. if anything your second string proved you most definitely could have gotten something out of this one.

In my opinion, if you are with me in thinking that Rodgers believes you have no chance of winning the premier league all he's done is issued a great big statement saying that qualifying for the CL is the be all and end all and once you are in it its somewhat irrelevant is you do any good. Ofcourse the big money in qualifying talks loud but its nonetheless a sad state of affairs.

And i stayed up to watch the bloody thing!! I hope posters on here don't take this as a deliberate pop. i just found it very limp of him is all i'm saying

Edited by carmine

More pressure on Rodgers last nite , when Everton easily beat Lille 3-0 , now odds on to go into the last 32 . Really does my head in .

more depressing news , our so-called vunder-kid does not even get mentioned in the bbc report .

More pressure on Rodgers last nite , when Everton easily beat Lille 3-0 , now odds on to go into the last 32 . Really does my head in .

how is that pressure on rodgers?

maybe Everton are his benchmark now.

in our current form what sort of chance do you truly believe we had against RM away. It's not about any one player it is about the team and getting something out of the Chelsea match is imperative. Having "first team" starters fresh makes sense. Even if we managed a draw, we'd still need results from the remaining 2 CL matches. Having an International break after the Chelsea match doesn't make any difference.

I hear what you are saying Bob but as a neutral i found it very disappointing and a rather dim reflection of the premier league.

Obviously i'm a neutral on this and possibly my opinion might differ it i were a Liverpool fan. but i'm not and i found it a thoroughly negative gesture by Rodgers to an occasion that deserved more. Real white flag stuff and frankly quite embarrassing. if anything your second string proved you most definitely could have gotten something out of this one.

In my opinion, if you are with me in thinking that Rodgers believes you have no chance of winning the premier league all he's done is issued a great big statement saying that qualifying for the CL is the be all and end all and once you are in it its somewhat irrelevant is you do any good. Ofcourse the big money in qualifying talks loud but its nonetheless a sad state of affairs.

And i stayed up to watch the bloody thing!! I hope posters on here don't take this as a deliberate pop. i just found it very limp of him is all i'm saying

Looking at recent results of PL teams in CL, something isn't right overall. At the same time RM are currently at another level miles greater than any other team on the planet. They never got out of second gear against us.

There is a theory that those Liverpool players were dropped and that would be a perfectly feasible. If true what better way to shake them up than to drop them for such an occasion. Give the guys playing second fiddle the chance they have been waiting for and hopefully they'll take that chance.

We don't have any chance of winning the PL or CL, but I doubt Rodgers would have been thinking that at the start of the season. Your team adapts to the circumstances as games go by. For Liverpool now this season, CL qualifying would be unashamedly our goal. If we can pick up a cup that's a bonus.

You have to be realistic with where we are at, and where we are at and how we are going is nothing short of disastrous if you compare how we were playing up until May.

We can't defend and we can't score goals. If we can get through season and finish 4th I'd be well happy with that. We then get a chance to regroup and hopefully fix problems and hopefully have a better crack at it next season. If we let go of that CL spot again, it will difficult to get it back and that is what will keep us challenging at the top of CL.

• Like 2

I don`t know why I bother but as you seem like a real LFC fan Stevie I will explain why I think Rodgers is under pressure , as seems likely Everton will progress to the next stage of the Europa cup , Whilst , as also seems likely we will not progress beyond this stage in Champs league , the majority of LFC fans around the world & especially in Liverpool will be very upset & as you may have noticed Rodgers is now under some pressure seeing as Liverpool have lost 4 & drawn 2 of the 10 games played, also lost 3 of the 4 games played in C/L , we are not playing well , I am being told by mates back home that a lot of LFC fans in the pubs & clubs around town are now comparing Rodgers to Martinez . I reckon the Evertonians are rather pleased with the way their season is going , & also pleased at the way ours is going even though we are a point ahead , same probably applies to the mancs .

wacko.png ^I couldn't give a turd about what's going on at everton ...

is right. what everton are doing has no bearing at all on the pressure rodgers is under. which is undeniably there and largely self-inflicted and up to him to sort out. everton can suck a fat one.

• Like 1

Actually what was interesting from the Everton game, was the performance of Origi, who is on season loan with Lille. Lille played him wide on the left. For me he looked out of position and his performance did little to inspire. I would like to see him up front before making further judgement. But the right back for Lille looked impressive.

If we're honest those words would sound truer if spoken by LVG thumbsup.gif

If we're honest those words would sound truer if spoken by LVG thumbsup.gif

why mate you are worse than us.

Totally lacking fire power. Other than that the boys done OK there tonight I thought.

Yes I think that was a decent performance by Liverpool against the likely champions this season.

Its clear Balotelli is no kind of answer and you need to look again at that but you were unlucky in the second half not to nick an equaliser.

The penalty shout looked like it caught his arm but was 50/50 in my opinion as to a penalty.

A top four performance nonetheless.