Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well according to Rodgers.........I can’t fault the commitment of the players because they gave everything.’

Sorry, I didnt see that. I think the 2 main culprits being Coutinho and Sterling. As an outsider looking in, I see the pair of those being a shadow of what they were last season. I see both lacking in passion and only giving 50%.

In my opinion, United were not a better team by 3 goals, they are just an average team with a lot of luck on their side, currently.

For me, Liverpool are the big disappointment of the year. Nothing like the team they were last year. Maybe emotionally and mentally, coming so close last year has screwed them up.

cobblers that jack. sterling and coutinho are putting the effort in but they're being badly coached and badly managed - they've both played far, far too much football for their ages and they are both frankly kids who shouldn't be shouldering the burden and responsibility they are.

So to give you one example........ the first goal where Couthino let Rooney run free........... you are saying that is down to being badly managed or badly coached????

I disagree, thats down to Coutinho not giving a toss. Or are you saying that a player with at least 2 years premiership experience, needs to be schooled on how to pick up and track another player?

As for Sterling last year he was phenomenal. This year average. I dont see him taking on his man as he used to. Is that down to being badly coached??

Cost me a fortune on my fantasy team!! Enough is enough, he is getting dropped by me!!

I'm with you its nonsense to suggest its down to coaching ,its down to desire and commitment obvious to anyone who has played the game and can recognise the body language.Back tracking is a natural instinct you don't have to be told to do it.

Throw in Henderson who last year was looking like the "general" that could replace Gerrard,now just a shadow of what he showed last season.

There is something fundementally wrong at Liverpool and BR is copping it,maybe he deserves it, its in the end, all pure speculation. Maybe the expectations were too high but if fit,healthy young athletes can't give 100% for 90 mins some thing is up.If they are stuffed now what are they going to be like come the end of the season ?

Played the game for 25 years at a decent level and to suggest crap defending is not down to coaching is nonsense. You could run round a pitch for 90 minutes like the most committed person every to be committed to anything and still get trounced 10 nil to a better side.

Back tracking is not a natural instinct, I could name 100 players whose instinct was/is the opposite.

Absolutely there is something fundamentally wrong at LFC, we are playing crap football every week and the manager is not able to change that.

• Like 1

If you take the example of Newcastle this season, at one point early on this season, Newcastle were playing terrible and the manager was close to being sacked. However, Cisse comes back and the goals start to flow once more, and the pressure is now somewhat relieved on the manager.

This shows in a way how critical it is to have a decent striker(s) and likewise the ability to create decent chances. Balotelli and Lambert are clearly no where near good enough to be able to relieve some of the pressure building on BR and the rest of the team.

• Like 1

lovely win against bournemouth, first time i've enjoyed watching us play this season since spurs away.

good draw too, sheffield united in the final.

I thought you have drawn Chelsea in the semi's not Sheffield United?.

• Like 1

lovely win against bournemouth, first time i've enjoyed watching us play this season since spurs away.

good draw too, sheffield united in the final.

I thought you have drawn Chelsea in the semi's not Sheffield United?.

Think it was tongue in cheek Nev! I think Chelsea over two legs will be a miss match unless Liverpool show vast improvement and i doubt Spurs would fare much better.

The "anything can happen in the cup" theory doesn't quite stack up over two legs. Hope i'm wrong mind!

Have not seen the game , will have to make do with the rerun on Lfcgo . Needless to say made up with the win ,& by all intents it was mainly down to pace up front . Now Rodgers has to forget Lambert & Allen , stick with Marko & Raheem up front , Use Balotelli off the bench along with one or two of our youngsters Ojo , Sinclair etc .

Jus seen the highlights, please God let this kick start Markovic's season. Still looked a bit shaky in defence though.

Yeah longstebe , Willai had to tell me Marko was LWB , for me the boy should be up front with Raheem . Rodgers in is wisdom played him there vs. Utd , when the common sense thing would have been for him to replace Allen not Moreno, who for me would be a much better W/B .

Marko was LWB mate wink.png

Cheers Willai , so it was the Dutch formation eh . I like this , 3 at the back & W/B`s . Holland looked very good in the WC using it . I reckon LvG will have Utd playing it when he has a settled side at OT .

Don't fancy three at the back against The Arse tho' especially if Walcott is fit!

Watched the game last night on LFCTV , What a difference with Sterling as our central striker instead of the lumbering Lambert , I can see Raheem getting quite a few penalty shouts , his pace is really something special . I was very impressed with Bournemouth they were also very quick . I am a fan of 3 at the back , but the 3 must be quick which none of ours are , especially Toure , Lovren also is a huge disappointment . Whatever happened to Ilori he would be ideal for this formation .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30541432

Has the mighty Dave Whealen been charged yet?

Quite ridiculous to ban him for an innocuous statement like that , wonder if playing the Arse . played any part in the decision . Balotelli would have probably been on the bench anyhow . But plz Brendan no Lambert or Allen .

Marko was LWB mate wink.png

Cheers Willai , so it was the Dutch formation eh . I like this , 3 at the back & W/B`s . Holland looked very good in the WC using it . I reckon LvG will have Utd playing it when he has a settled side at OT .

Your now talking about 3 at the back when in other posts posters are talking about your defensive training ! well if there's one formation that needs a hell of a lot training/coaching it's playing with 3 at the back so I wouldn't expect miracles on that one.

Quite ridiculous to ban him for an innocuous statement like that , wonder if playing the Arse . played any part in the decision . Balotelli would have probably been on the bench anyhow . But plz Brendan no Lambert or Allen .

He's worth a ban for just being the useless, gormless <deleted> he is!! biggrin.png

Seriously though, you won't miss him on or off the pitch so forget about it. Play a talented fast forward instead that can get in behind a defense.

Whats playing Arsenal got to do with his ban? Are you trying to suggest the FA was trying to do Liverpool a favour?

He's worth a ban for just being the useless, gormless <deleted> he is!! biggrin.png

Seriously though, you won't miss him on or off the pitch so forget about it. Play a talented fast forward instead that can get in behind a defense.

Whats playing Arsenal got to do with his ban? Are you trying to suggest the FA was trying to do Liverpool a favour?

It's a bloody conspiracy I am not having that, bang out of order.

Don't fancy three at the back against The Arse tho' especially if Walcott is fit!

Watched the game last night on LFCTV , What a difference with Sterling as our central striker instead of the lumbering Lambert , I can see Raheem getting quite a few penalty shouts , his pace is really something special . I was very impressed with Bournemouth they were also very quick . I am a fan of 3 at the back , but the 3 must be quick which none of ours are , especially Toure , Lovren also is a huge disappointment . Whatever happened to Ilori he would be ideal for this formation .

On loan to Bordeaux....just back from injury.

Balotelli received virtually no punishment. It was already well known he was missing the Arsenal game as he aggravated his groin strain against Manure and a 25k fine is peanuts!

The irony is his having to attend a racial behaviour course. Would think he'd know a tad more about racial abuse than his tutor!biggrin.png

On loan to Bordeaux....just back from injury.
Cheers Willai what a silly question of course he is on loan . But seriously some of Brendans decision making leaves a lot to be desired ,he pays 7 mill for Ilori then sends him out on loan after never making an appearance for the first team , then pays 20 mill for Lovren & 18 mill for Sakho , neither of whom have impressed so far .

Dunno mate. But to be totally honest, I am not particularly keen on the Chinese either.

As for Tottenham Hotspurs, you either get it politically correct and stick it in their net, or you don't.

That's football unfortunately.

Oh dear Lord he really is back.......coffee1.gif

Yep. Don't fancy Liverpool against Chelsea in the League Cup either.

[/quote wink.pngsad.png

Top of the league vs 11th over 2 legs , Yes I would say Chelsea are favs .biggrin.png

Dunno mate. But to be totally honest, I am not particularly keen on the Chinese either.

As for Tottenham Hotspurs, you either get it politically correct and stick it in their net, or you don't.

That's football unfortunately.

Ah that is a shame because "the Chinese" speak very highly of you.

• Like 2

Cannot understand why Liverpool bought Lambert,even when the other strikers are injured he still doesn't get a game. Like Andy Carroll He doesn't fit Rodgers style of play.

The team formation and style of play with three up front doing little tracking back will always leave the defence exposed. Not that they need an excuse they make plenty of unforced errors.

Allen is so poor he slows the play down with his side ways passing,another poor buy, definitely down to Rodgers.

So many poor buys who is responsible, the manager or someone else?

Manure

How old are you.

redrus

He's probably the same age as all the idiots who say "bin dippers", which I'm sure you will admit is worse... or not. I have used the phrase Manure in the past, but I have stopped as it seems inappropriate as manure seems to be useful, when forked into the ground.:)

• Like 1