Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I'd be more upset if LFC lost the likes of a Wellbeck, than someone who has nothing left to prove.

blink.png

He meant Sterling i think but his point is valid...Stevie G has been a fantastic footballer(world class at times) and a great servant to Liverpool all his career but even a few of you lot knew it was coming and i think Gerrard has made the right decision to join City before it is to late.biggrin.png city's new youth system is working wonders but a midfield of Lampard and Gerrard would be fun at the bitters.

• Like 2

Liverpool Football Club can confirm Steven Gerrard is to leave the club at the end of the 2014-15 season.

The Reds captain will bring the curtain down on a glittering Anfield career that has spanned nearly 17 years and included 10 trophies, as well as 695 appearances and 180 goals to date since joining the club's youth system aged eight.

Gerrard will not retire from professional football at the conclusion of the 2014-15 season. No decision on his new club has been made yet, but he will continue his career outside the United Kingdom and at a side that will not bring him into direct competition with Liverpool.

The 34-year-old admits it is with a heavy heart he will depart Liverpool, describing the decision as the 'toughest of his life', but has chosen to make it now to avoid speculation about his future.

Until then, the No.8 insists he will continue to concentrate all his efforts on helping Brendan Rodgers' side achieve both domestic and European success.

Explaining his decision, Gerrard said: "This has been the toughest decision of my life and one which both me and my family have agonised over for a good deal of time.

"I am making the announcement now so that the manager and the team are not distracted by stories or speculation about my future.

"Liverpool Football Club has been such a huge part of all our lives for so long and saying goodbye is going to be difficult, but I feel it's something that's in the best interests of all involved, including my family and the club itself.

"I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate.

"My decision is completely based on my wish to experience something different in my career and life and I also want to make sure that I have no regrets when my playing career is eventually over.

"I can't thank Brendan, the owners and everyone at the club enough for how they've handled this and I am leaving on great terms. Also, I would like to thank my teammates and all the staff for their help and continued support.

"It is a very special place to be part of. It is my sincere hope and wish that one day I can return to serve Liverpool again, in whatever capacity best helps the club.

"One point that is important to make is that from now until the last kick of the last game of the season, I will be as fully committed to the team as I ever have been and giving everything I have to help Liverpool win games.

"My final message is for the people who make Liverpool Football Club the greatest in the world - the supporters.

"It has been a privilege to represent you, as a player and as captain. I have cherished every second of it and it is my sincere wish to finish this season and my Liverpool career on a high."

Question.

Ref OUR CAPTAIN . Could, or should, LFC/FSG have done more?

Maybe and No. Let him go to the States and enjoy football with less pressure

Why do you want him to enjoy football with less pressure ? are you his psychiatrist ?

I think what he meant, was he let the club's best chance of winning the premier league slip, now he looks like a broken man and needs to get away from England and not having everyone going on about his slip.

Question.

Why do you want him to enjoy football with less pressure ? are you his psychiatrist ?

Why should I not want him to enjoy football with less pressure on him? Why would I need to be anybody's psychiatrist to proffer an opinion? Why do I get the feeling you actually are the prick that sooooo many people on the football forums believe you are? post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg Just because you have nothing interesting toi say about football, doesn't mean that you need to post crap like that.coffee1.gif

Question.

I think what he meant, was he let the club's best chance of winning the premier league slip, now he looks like a broken man and needs to get away from England and not having everyone going on about his slip.

No I didn't. Good to see you trying to think for a change though. What happened to the <deleted> emo????? Was it worn out on this <deleted>?????

Question.

No I didn't. Good to see you trying to think for a change though. What happened to the <deleted> emo????? Was it worn out on this <deleted>?????

Touched a nerve did I.

Question.

Touched a nerve did I.

Nope, stating a simple truth; unlike the rubbish you spout post after post after post after.................................................... I'm still looking for your signature emoticon by the way. I suppose it must be in the same place as your football knowledge...up your....rrrrrr

laugh.png

Question.

Why should I not want him to enjoy football with less pressure on him? Why would I need to be anybody's psychiatrist to proffer an opinion? Why do I get the feeling you actually are the prick that sooooo many people on the football forums believe you are? post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg Just because you have nothing interesting toi say about football, doesn't mean that you need to post crap like that.coffee1.gif

Sorry, only asked a simple question sad.png which you didn't answer by the way whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Kids just beat Guangzhou Evergrande 2:0 (Canos 2). Following their win against Frenz Utd, they're nailed on to qualify from their group. Play Feyenoord on Wednesday to decide group winners.

Willai notice you did not give the score in the Frenz game LFC 6 Frenz 5 unbelievably bad defending & &lt;deleted&gt; do we find these G/K`s . But we certainly have some great young attackers . Canos really looks like he will be the real deal. If of course he is handled right .

Kids just beat Guangzhou Evergrande 2:0 (Canos 2). Following their win against Frenz Utd, they're nailed on to qualify from their group. Play Feyenoord on Wednesday to decide group winners.

Willai notice you did not give the score in the Frenz game LFC 6 Frenz 5 unbelievably bad defending & <deleted> do we find these G/K`s . But we certainly have some great young attackers . Canos really looks like he will be the real deal. If of course he is handled right .

To be fair, Wils does tend to be the bearer of only good news whistling.giflaugh.png

Willai notice you did not give the score in the Frenz game LFC 6 Frenz 5 unbelievably bad defending & <deleted> do we find these G/K`s . But we certainly have some great young attackers . Canos really looks like he will be the real deal. If of course he is handled right .

To be fair, Wils does tend to be the bearer of only good news whistling.giflaugh.png

A win is a win kids so I would class that as good news especially scoring 6 against the home team.... Alfie talking &lt;deleted&gt; as usual, uninvited on non-spud threads....no surprise therefacepalm.giflaugh.png

As for the score, who actually gives a &lt;deleted&gt;?...Although if you are that bothered, the lads had to play less than 16 hours after arriving in Indo so jet-lag was probably a factor for the slow start? And TBH a little bit premature slagging off a keeper who is barely a month past his 17th birthday eh? sad.png

Feyenoord is the important game as it seems the Brazilians (who the group runners up will play) are a bit special by all accounts.

A win is a win kids so I would class that as good news especially scoring 6 against the home team.... Alfie talking <deleted> as usual, uninvited on non-spud threads....no surprise therefacepalm.giflaugh.png

As for the score, who actually gives a <deleted>?...Although if you are that bothered, the lads had to play less than 16 hours after arriving in Indo so jet-lag was probably a factor for the slow start? And TBH a little bit premature slagging off a keeper who is barely a month past his 17th birthday eh? sad.png

Feyenoord is the important game as it seems the Brazilians (who the group runners up will play) are a bit special by all accounts.

Fair comments all round my old mate . BTW the Feyenoord game is on LFCtv now its half-time we are winning 1-0 . I forgot all about it hope 2nd half is good to us .

2:0 and probably should have been more! The Dutch seemed to give up after the 1st. Nicholas (Not Pogba but thanks anyway MUwai2.gif ) and the Welsh Wizard Wilson with the goals)!

Yeah Wilai cracking goal from Wilson . Another lad to keep your eye on Tony Gomez another black kid in the Ibe , Ojo mould , lightening quick . Q .finals Sat . ko 1500 we play runners -up group B

But asking a lot of the European lads in games being played in mid afternoon , stinking hot or what ......facepalm.gif

Not much known about him other than he came from a Portuguese lower league team. Not listed in youth squads. Either still awaiting international clearance (as with Madger Gomes) or is too young. Did play in the West Ham under 16 comp last month where he scored a couple (incl one against the spuds).

He actually played better in the first two games of the current tournament, getting 2 in the 1st game and creating but missing another 2/3 against the chinese

At Skrtel's 30th Birthday party, Simon was given the job of presenting the cakefacepalm.gifbiggrin.png

yes its about time Bergovic was bought in don't you think?

don't think he's really noticeably better to be honest. he's alright but also has a good number of ricks in him and i've seen him flap at plenty of crosses too.

Wonder what got Iqbal the sack? Or did he leave for a better career opportunity? I do wonder what doctors at football clubs get paid. Sometimes I think it must be good pay and then I think there are still probably better-paying jobs for doctors out there.

Or he got sacked.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-liverpool-fc-part-company-8407848