Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well it has been up there loud and proud for about 7 weeks now, so I would request that the mods leave it there as an example of what is perfectly acceptable on TVF.

There is a pm and report function. I didn't see it on the day and in the main, I mod this forum on my own. Mods cannot read every single post and sometimes rely on members to assist by reporting?

You know I didn't mean it like that JS tongue.png

I'll kick his head in at Xmas Jockstar. biggrin.png

Or failing that I'll nick his chips...he hates that! wink.png

Don't forget I'll have my little martial art's minder with me wai2.gif

• Like 1

Surely a panic buy would be a player purchased at the end of August. We're only 4 days into the transfer window.

Not about the timing, its about the need to get in a striker and not wanting to wait till the right one becomes available.

Which ever way you look at it, IF we were to bring Benteke in, its certainly not a "panic buy".

Just a weird one

I think someone stated day's ago that Sean o'driscoll was to be appointed 1st team assistant manager .Now confirmed .No link as I am monged .

never again .

skin up.

We'll you'd think they (assistants) would be in place by 9am today due to the players reporting back for training. Apparently Firmino and Coutinho have been given time off till the end of the month and Ings has cut his holiday short to report back today. Would have been nice to have our new striker in place by today, wonder how long that saga continues for.

#kicksthetraybackover#

I think someone stated day's ago that Sean o'driscoll was to be appointed 1st team assistant manager .Now confirmed .No link as I am monged .

never again .

skin up.

We'll you'd think they (assistants) would be in place by 9am today due to the players reporting back for training. Apparently Firmino and Coutinho have been given time off till the end of the month and Ings has cut his holiday short to report back today. Would have been nice to have our new striker in place by today, wonder how long that saga continues for.

#kicksthetraybackover#

Reminds of when we were kids, coach isn't here for training tonight so Tommy's dad who knows frig all about football will take training.

Amateur night at the big top.

Lady roll up

Just going through my transfer window photo album and came across this....

milan jovanovic just retired having been without a club for 2 years. <deleted> off hodgson.

I knew that dopey shit-eating grin would get you riled.

A nice reminder that as much as we would like a perfect window, not too long ago it looked like that (that was my point alfie "what's a metaphor" conn)

• Like 1

The Sterling soap opera seems to be coming to a conclusion.

Maybe I've missed it but the reason he wants out of Liverpool is it :

(a) He want CL football before he get too old ?

(B) Its simply about a pay check increase ?

© He has no confidence in the current Manager ?

The track record of young English players going to City is hardly impressive, all seems rather surreal aka stupid

Didnt his agent in his infamous speech the one everyones bleeting about effectively say his leaving wasnt about money

And sterling says he wants to challenge for trophies

'No confidence in the manager' havnt heard that one, but every player that steps on and supposely up by leaving does that.

rijit

Edited by rijit

(cool.png Its simply about a pay check increase ?

The track record of young English players going to City is hardly impressive, all seems rather surreal aka stupid

think he's just been really badly advised by a greedy gobsh*te agent to be honest. he's just turned 20, no need to move yet, take a new deal from liverpool for a couple more years and continue your development, then move to a champions league club when you're a more finished article of a player if you want. and yeah, the young british players to city route hasn't paid off much has it?

twenty million quid man. christ we do pick them sometimes.

Don't have much luck with those I-talians.

Borini seems to have rejected the Lazio offer, as he wants to stay in the UK. We could have had 14M last season and he would have played football in the UK until his heart was content. There is no way Rodgers would have given him any chance in his pre-season talk last year and the same again this year. We wont get 7M for him now, if we can shift him!

twenty million quid man. christ we do pick them sometimes.

Don't have much luck with those I-talians.

Borini seems to have rejected the Lazio offer, as he wants to stay in the UK. We could have had 14M last season and he would have played football in the UK until his heart was content. There is no way Rodgers would have given him any chance in his pre-season talk last year and the same again this year. We wont get 7M for him now, if we can shift him!

yeah west ham seems to be the branch we're clinging to with him. can't really understand why they'd want him either to be honest but fingers crossed. he's a really crap footballer.

• Like 1

. and yeah, the young british players to city route hasn't paid off much has it?

Dont know what you mean by that stevie??

The players we bought, in recent years..... Joe Hart........ has been decent enough!!

Adam Johnson.... turned out to be a p!ss head and we sold him at a profit.

Jack Rodwell...... talented but sick note.We sold him on made a slight profit.

Scott Sinclair........ we lost money on a mediocre player, that is simply not premier league standard.

Sterling, who I am not too keen on us signing, is on a different level than the 3 outfield players mentioned.

I dont recall us buying any other young Brits in recent years

i meant for the players, jack.

Hart became England goalkeeper

Rodwell forever injured, so no judgement call

Johnson drank Yarm dry

Sinclair.............. became a father... probably the best he could have hoped for

Aside Johnson the other 2 didn't play more than a single figure amount between them. Maybe they were never up to the task, but it's putting you in a pickle not having decent UK talent in your squad.

There's only Joe Hart left isn't there? Who is going to fill the other 7 UK squad places required?

think he's just been really badly advised by a greedy gobsh*te agent to be honest. he's just turned 20, no need to move yet, take a new deal from liverpool for a couple more years and continue your development, then move to a champions league club when you're a more finished article of a player if you want. and yeah, the young british players to city route hasn't paid off much has it?

Christ, here we go again.

Won't he continue his development at City then ? or does his development stop when he leaves Clodagh and co ?

Edited by alfieconn