Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

On 12/12/2017 at 8:35 AM, StevieH said:

yeah i was pissed off as well man. with both the starting XI and the subs. i do love klopp but his randomness at times bothers me. not starting coutinho against an everton who were obviously going to park three buses and then subbing off your most in-form goalscorer salah baffled me. as did leaving solanke on when bringing on firmino, 'cos one of them has to play out of position by default. frustrating as hell.

anyway, onwards and upwards. give baggies a hiding tomorrow night.

Tight hamstring apparently....doubtful for tonight:saai:

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

just seen that man. bloody english winter. was going to happen at some point though i suppose.

Don't think it is serious...just needs protecting a bit as he does have a history of strains....not really surprising given how quick he is.

What a frustrating evening....as much as we should have put Everton and WBA away can’t help but feel that was 4 points dropped by officials. 

Solanke’s goal should have stood there, but like fighting we shouldn’t leave it in the hands of the judges. 

We are a good team, but it’s why we a challenging for 4th and not first, great teams overcome WBA and challenge for the title. 

On 12/12/2017 at 9:14 AM, StevieH said:

oh did he? didn't know that. and thought oxlade-chamberlain played quite well in fairness.

also, tell me i'm not imagining this - coutinho doesn't pass to robertson does he? doesn't like that his bezzie alberto isn't out there on the left.

Surely there must be a law against not passing to someone because he is scottish !

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

What a frustrating evening....as much as we should have put Everton and WBA away can’t help but feel that was 4 points dropped by officials. 

Solanke’s goal should have stood there, but like fighting we shouldn’t leave it in the hands of the judges. 

We are a good team, but it’s why we a challenging for 4th and not first, great teams overcome WBA and challenge for the title. 

didn't watch and sounds like i didn't miss anything. few mates who went were furious, worst we've played all season etc. also panned the crowd inside anfield for generating zero atmosphere and for berating their own players rather than making life difficult for the opposition and officials. 

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Difficult to become a great team with such great inconsitency. Man City might go down as a 'great' team after this season; time will tell. I'd rather be consistently good rather than occasionally great.

I had Liverpool to score 6 last night. How wrong can you get? Messed up my predictions. I was flying until then.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

didn't watch and sounds like i didn't miss anything. few mates who went were furious, worst we've played all season etc. also panned the crowd inside anfield for generating zero atmosphere and for berating their own players rather than making life difficult for the opposition and officials. 

Mane actually played worse than last week, worst I've seen him play. 

Robertson and TAA offered nothing down the flanks, Coutinho looked half arsed. 

It was so flat, all round, we had chances though, clear cut chances.

Yeah the crowd felt like a Twitter forum full of bellends, moans and groans. No wonder players like Karius have consistent ricks out there.

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Difficult to become a great team with such great inconsitency. Man City might go down as a 'great' team after this season; time will tell. I'd rather be consistently good rather than occasionally great.

I had Liverpool to score 6 last night. How wrong can you get? Messed up my predictions. I was flying until then.

Yep I had them as 4-0 banker.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

What a strange comment....Out of 20 predictions, you failed to get a single correct score:sorry:

1 hour ago, wilai said:

What a strange comment....Out of 20 predictions, you failed to get a single correct score:sorry:

Post #25616

Seven results and two perfects; Chelsea and Spurs.

Try to do better for the w/e wilai. Sorry!

em-cry.jpg

Edited by owl sees all

:sorry:

Oh wilai. We are on the Liverpool thread. Post #25616

What you quoted is an off-thread competition.

The competition is for winning. The Liverpool posting is for the other posters to gleen a bit from.

em-cry.jpg

I've found the emotion button.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, wilai said:

^ So you pick different selections depending on the thread? Too much time on your hands methinks:biggrin:

Not really wilai. I have in mind what to select and during the wait phase I am reading the info and suggestions from posters like Bob, BB, evenstevens, Rc, yourself and others of course. These posts sometimes persuade me to add a goal here or give a win when I originally had a draw.

Iv'e found out that these footy threads are not all about bickering and insults. There can be interesting footy stuff too.

As for having too much time on my hands. You are probably right. Retired in Isaan. Looking after the cats, the cows, the koi carp and the family.

em-tongue.jpg

Edited by owl sees all

13 hours ago, wilai said:

Too much time on your hands methinks:biggrin:

Shakespeare leaning there wilai. Like it! Good fishing in The Avon.

59 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

As for having too much time on my hands. You are probably right. Retired in Isaan.

I conceed to your insight.

37 minutes ago, wilai said:

^ From Poster of the Year thread!

"I've just spent 2 days looking at the profiles of all the contestants."

Far too much time on your hands:cheesy:

I conceed to your insight; honest.

I had to check out the contestant's credentials before making my decision wilai. Sure you did the same before casting for evenstevens!

I also make wine (details on TVForum) and I just give it away to the poor villagers every w/e :partytime2:

I'm just a simple soul who likes footy and some other stuff. Don't drink anything other than my own wine. Permanently intoxicated and incorrigibly inebriated. Have no farang friends; no friends at all really. Had one once but she divorced me. Play chess on the internet and belong to a maths forum solving probs' and researching math theory.

One of my dogs got into a ruk with a cobra the other day. Burried him at the farm. Mrs Owl; where are those tissues!!

Liverpool for the Ch Lg; yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Shakespeare leaning there wilai. Like it! Good fishing in The Avon.

I conceed to your insight.

I conceed to your insight; honest.

I had to check out the contestant's credentials before making my decision wilai. Sure you did the same before casting for evenstevens!

I also make wine (details on TVForum) and I just give it away to the poor villagers every w/e :partytime2:

I'm just a simple soul who likes footy and some other stuff. Don't drink anything other than my own wine. Permanently intoxicated and incorrigibly inebriated. Have no farang friends; no friends at all really. Had one once but she divorced me. Play chess on the internet and belong to a maths forum solving probs' and researching math theory.

One of my dogs got into a ruk with a cobra the other day. Burried him at the farm. Mrs Owl; where are those tissues!!

Liverpool for the Ch Lg; yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he was joking when he said poster of the year, it really is an actually thing  then. 

Anyone got a link, I’ll vote for the gobbybollox 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I thought he was joking when he said poster of the year, it really is an actually thing  then. 

Anyone got a link, I’ll vote for the gobbybollox 

just genuinely LOLd at this. evenstevens for poster of the year? i thought people voting for trump was mental. this is in the same neighbourhood. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, StevieH said:

just genuinely LOLd at this. evenstevens for poster of the year? i thought people voting for trump was mental. this is in the same neighbourhood. 

Irony.....semi literate trolling, unpleasant jibes at a jews, clearly is the flavor of the year on TV.  BRAVO.  

Edited by carmine

He is running strongly down the back straight.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Irony.....semi literate trolling, unpleasant jibes at a jews, clearly is the flavor of the year on TV.  BRAVO.

The favourite is Colin Neil or Dave 2; deceaced evidently. RIP.

Rc2702 put up the topic of the century with 'Poison BIL'. Unfortunately evenstevens, with his command of the Ozz lingo - or is that dingo - and subtle innuendo takes it by a nose.

Good luck in the final pole evenstevens, and make good use of the dosh if you do win (nudge, nudge, wink, wink; elocution lessons).

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

He is running strongly down the back straight.

The favourite is Colin Neil or Dave 2; deceaced evidently. RIP.

Rc2702 put up the topic of the century with 'Poison BIL'. Unfortunately evenstevens, with his command of the Ozz lingo - or is that dingo - and subtle innuendo takes it by a nose.

Good luck in the final pole evenstevens, and make good use of the dosh if you do win (nudge, nudge, wink, wink; elocution lessons).

Is there any chance that such a totally naff losers topic could have a separate thread?

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Is there any chance that such a totally naff losers topic could have a separate thread?

Start one off then.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm sure evenstevens and your good self, of course, would contribute.

• Thanks 1

Only one real blockbuster this week but plenty of scope for big team slip-ups.

Last time out 7 correct with 2 perfects. Not bad, but we hope to do even better this week. Liverpool you plonkers. Had you down to score 6 and you couldn't even score one.

3-2 Leicester v Palace
I like the way Leicester are tearing up the table. Why saints ever let their manager leave is beyond me. I rate him big-time; not that it matters outside TVForum. Palace are a different team under Hoggy, Tough game to call. Lots of goals.

4-0 Arsenal v Newcastle
Arsenal are in danger of getting the trophy for most unpredictable EPL team of the year. What can you say; brilliant against Man Utd and Everton. Very poor at other times. Don't know what's wrong at Newcastle. The trapdoor looms.

0-1 Brighton v Burnley
On a personal level Burnley are doing well for me. Bought at 41 some time ago. I could see their consistency back then. Brighton are a fair team at home but I reckon The Clarets to nick a goal and hold on.

3-0 Chelsea v Southampton
Easy win for Chelski last time out. This should be just as comfortable. Saints for the last few years a top 8 team have slipped into mediocrity.

1-1 Stoke V WHU
Draw all day long.

2-0 Watford v Huddersfield
I can't see Hudders' getting anything out of this one. Watford back to winning ways.

1-1 Man City v Spurs
Can SuperSpurs stop the Sky blue steamroller? I reckon they can. Don't know how Spurs will approach this. It's not in their DNA to 'park the bus'. Should be a great game.

2-2 WBA v Man Utd
Pardue is a manager that can do it if the players believe in him. Apart from the first couple of games Albion have been poor. Pardue has only to lift them a little and we'll see a different team. Utd will have to settle for a point here.

This fixture holds the record for highest score draw and the second highest goals in an EPL game along with Spurs v Wigan and Man Utd v Arsenal.

1-3 Bournemouth v Liverpool
Bournemouth have established themselves as a solid EPL outfit and are no push-over at home. If Liverpool have their scoring boots on they should get all three points.

3-0 Everton v Swansea
Watch for the 80 metre goalkeeper pass to Rooney. Everton seem to have the right man at the helm. Results first; decent football later.

+++

Biggest game for me outside the Prem'; Forest Green v Luton. A big test for Rovers against high-flying Luton.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1