Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

15 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I've always had a soft spot for Liverpool as I lived there years ago but with the gloating today and "sleeping" supporters coming out of the woodwork, it pains me to say I'm starting to hope Liverpool get knocked out next round.

I seriously used to have a softspot for Spurs back in the day of Perryman, Ossie, RickiV, Hoddle then I joined this forum ...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StevieH said:

i don't do gloating mate, never have. plus my dad's a city fan so i'm in a whole non-virtual world of non-gloating today. tried phoning him earlier today. no answer. got a text back simply saying "<deleted> off". and that's family. can't pick 'em.

You've got me interested fella.  Why wouldn't you follow your old man's team (SERIOUSLY bet he felt let down by you when you chose not to follow his beloved City)?

15 hours ago, StevieH said:

you have to draw the line somewhere man. united fans, gun advocates, tories. you can date anyone you like daughter as long as they don't fall into any of them three.

also hard to explain how livid my dad was when i played as a guest player in a testimonial match aged 16 and accidentally injured an already injury-prone paul lake in city's pre-season. i also nutmegged andy hinchcliffe in the same match so swings and roundabouts.

Wow shall have to pay you more respect in future. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

People say to me; "Owl, you are a Londoner, why do you like The Reds?"

I tell them about the time I was at Spurs for a match up with Liverpool in the 1970s. " It was about 2pm. I was having a quiet pint in 'The Cock' and was just about to go to the ground when some noisy Liverpool fans burst into the pub. Followed by more Pool fans, and more. In the space of 10 minutes they had taken over the whole pub. They had a drummer and were singing songs that I'd never heard. I couldn't understand what they were all singing.

I was stuck in the corner. The supporters spotted me and started pointing and chanting. "Death to the cockney <---->." Then they sang 'You'll never walk alone'." Suddenly, at five minutes to three, they all left for the game, leaving me on my own. I thought <----> this. Don't want this again. So after the game I bought a red scarf and joined the supporters club. Has kept me safe ever since.

I'm very confused Owl. So are you a Spurs fan or another team.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So where you from Stevie?

I'm pretty sure to a man on here we were all believing you to be a scouser. Another brummie?

nah man, wool. cheshire originally. haven't lived there since i was 18 though.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cheshire is a reasonably sized county. Stockport? Alderley? Whereabouts

alderley edge isn't in cheshire BB, it's in f*cking narnia. and a clue, i'm a north country boy.

9 hours ago, StevieH said:

alderley edge isn't in cheshire BB, it's in f*cking narnia. and a clue, i'm a north country boy.

North country boy means nothing to me.

Fair enough you don't want to say. Got you down mentally as Wigan or Widnes or Warrington boy, but not a scouser:sleep:

Do we have ANY real scousers on here?

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

North country boy means nothing to me.

Fair enough you don't want to say. Got you down mentally as Wigan or Widnes or Warrington boy, but not a scouser:sleep:

Do we have ANY real scousers on here?

The clue suggests Northwich, understand how you wouldn’t get that B.B. 

There are no red scousers currently regularly on the thread. You should be able to tell by the cut of the jib. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The clue suggests Northwich, understand how you wouldn’t get that B.B. 

There are no red scousers currently regularly on the thread. You should be able to tell by the cut of the jib. 

Nope Northwich not on my radar. It's in wales right? All I know is its a bit posh and they have salt.

I'd been under the misapprehension for years you lot all born within spitting distance of Anfield :post-4641-1156693976:

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nope Northwich not on my radar. It's in wales right? All I know is its a bit posh and they have salt.

I'd been under the misapprehension for years you lot all born within spitting distance of Anfield :post-4641-1156693976:

Oh right, I guess anywhere outside the M60 is not on your radar...

It’s never been a secret, none of us have hid the fact, we are all proud of where we came from. It’s been referenced many times on here. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You've got me interested fella.  Why wouldn't you follow your old man's team (SERIOUSLY bet he felt let down by you when you chose not to follow his beloved City)?

I'm still interested. Guessing you were around 11 years old, Liverpool were still in that period of actually winning the league and City weren't winning anything when you chose Liverpool. 

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm still interested. Guessing you were around 11 years old, Liverpool were still in that period of actually winning the league and City weren't winning anything when you chose Liverpool. 

Another thing you might not know about satellite towns outside the M60 is they have equal amounts of City, United and Liverpool fans particularly in the areas between Merseyside and Greater Manchester. 

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Fancy this big time. An opportunity for salah to reinforce the bargain basement price they sold him for and a klopp v heynckes final to settle some scores.

no one gives a shit about that, just ride the wave you you didn't believe in, get on board you....

• Like 2

Just now, StevieH said:

we're going to absolutely batter them. 4-0 first leg at home, they won't know what's hit them. 

Lets just calm down shall we give these Romans some respect they done barca.

6-1 I reckon.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

bullshit, we beat the best team in the comp, we can take anyone from here, enjoy your 4th title

To be honest I thought he meant we were lucky to bag salah. He can't have meant the us doing him home and away. 5-1 on agg is never lucky 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevieH said:

we're going to absolutely batter them. 4-0 first leg at home, they won't know what's hit them. 

Stevie don't get carried away, Roma are a well organized side and we'll capable of upsetting you lot, in fact they was as happy as you are with this draw.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Stevie don't get carried away, Roma are a well organized side and we'll capable of upsetting you lot, in fact they was as happy as you are with this draw.

Not according to Mo....who I assume knows more of their lads than you do.:thumbsup:

• Like 1