Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just now, wilai said:

The rumours emanated from that knob Duncan Castles....Quite how he got an Anfield 'Scoop' is anyone's guess:sad: unless of course the club told thr journos to keep schtum? Wish LFC would come clean when stories like this break! Comments such as ...."respecting his privacy" do anything but!

'

That's why I thought it was rubbish, but I saw Melissa Reddy's comment just now and well...

I hope this doesn't derail our cause in the 11th hour

• Like 1

Anyway, I am more concerned about a retrospective 3 match ban for Salah. Threw an arm out against Stoke but didn't connect. Should be ok but Harry Kane might chuck in another appeal and you know what'll happen then!

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

so you agree that if we beat brighton we're in the champions league next season then? cheers.

Yes .... if you beat Brighton. They might be on the beach.?

Edited by champers

8 hours ago, StevieH said:

so you agree that if we beat brighton we're in the champions league next season then? cheers.

I think that I would be confident if a win at home to Brighton resulted in CL qualification.

I would be even more confident if it was against Stoke.

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2018 at 11:38 PM, champers said:

Should bump his value up. Buyout clause?

Firminho and Salah to replace Benzema and Bale would be my guess. RM are overdue a couple of marquee signings. Your owners will be quids/dollars in.

I don't know where you get your info from but Firminho's  put pen to paper and Real Madrid already have their replacement for Bale, from within, Marco Asensio.  Bit behind the times Champs!!!

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

I don't know where you get your info from but Firminho's  put pen to paper and Real Madrid already have their replacement for Bale, from within, Marco Asensio.  Bit behind the times Champs!!!

not to mention that madrid have been extensively linked with wanting hazard and lewandowski this summer.

Firmino’s effectiveness and importance would be halved in most other teams.

For a start he is not a true number nine, many of our attacks and goals come from him breaking up play in our own half. The way our front 3 play is unquie and it requires a chemistry of physical and mental attributes that are only found when those 3 are put together. 

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Firmino’s effectiveness and importance would be halved in most other teams.

For a start he is not a true number nine, many of our attacks and goals come from him breaking up play in our own half. The way our front 3 play is unquie and it requires a chemistry of physical and mental attributes that are only found when those 3 are put together. 

Really? What's so unique? A front 3. Firmino dropping deep and defending from the front - nothing too original. Salah plays wide cuts in on his left - many teams play with widemen on their wrong side. Unique?

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 3:33 PM, BangrakBob said:

That's why I thought it was rubbish, but I saw Melissa Reddy's comment just now and well...

I hope this doesn't derail our cause in the 11th hour

Why is Castles a knob and why wouldn't you believe a story from him? He's probably broke more United stories than anyone else in the last few years so is obviously well informed.

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What stands out to me from that table the most is Chelsea's two titles on a net spend of only 119m.

For me it's the 472m difference in spend between the CL one foot in the finals LFC and sheitty the European money house.

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

For me it's the 472m difference in spend between the CL one foot in the finals LFC and sheitty the European money house.

Well you would wouldn't you R2D2. 

I see it as money well invested in a City squad that's runaway with the Premier, won the Caraboa cup and looks most likely to win more in the coming seasons.

Apparently we're going to spend a billion R2D2 :smile:

Sheikh-Mansour-Manchester-007.jpeg

9 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Being Jose's mouthpiece and general cockgobbler he would be well informed about United. 

A lot of his sources are likely to be people outside the club.. Including agents etc. If he's well connected in football he can find out things at other clubs too.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well you would wouldn't you R2D2. 

I see it as money well invested in a City squad that's runaway with the Premier, won the Caraboa cup and looks most likely to win more in the coming seasons.

Apparently we're going to spend a billion R2D2 :smile:

Sheikh-Mansour-Manchester-007.jpeg

Just to make the semis!

&

Retain the carabao!

You need to spend that to get some proper quality as your top men were nearly men where elite European comps are concerned.

Great squad great depth but 11 v a quality 11 and you get found out home and away. Don't ya. Just talking like just statin facts that's all. No harm like

Edited by Rc2702

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Just to make the semis!

&

Retain the carabao!

You need to spend that to get some proper quality as your top men were nearly men where elite European comps are concerned.

Great squad great depth but 11 v a quality 11 and you get found out home and away. Don't ya. Just talking like just statin facts that's all. No harm like

Three Premiers in seven years. R2D2 one day your lot might actually win a Premier :post-4641-1156694572:

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

A lot of his sources are likely to be people outside the club.. Including agents etc. If he's well connected in football he can find out things at other clubs too.

he's a gobshite who all serious journalists think is a wally. and it must be very hard to type when your entire body is so lodged in jose mourinho's colon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Three Premiers in seven years. R2D2 one day your lot might actually win a Premier :post-4641-1156694572:

A premier competition you mean. Won loads mate did not need to spend half a billion either. Hard work, good scouts a history that shines so bright you see. Don't expect you to understand. ya cheque book

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

FSG business model there, Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho making up a fair amount of that, shrewd bastards. 

DcGN9-PX0AE60zO.jpg-large.jpeg

So you're 3rd in the net spend table and 3rd in the prem league. Seriously, what is that proving? Is it that your owners want to be like Swansea and Sot'on? Or that you are the 4th biggest spenders but have sold a lot of your best players. Why pick 2014, does that suit some stat? Honestly Bob, I really find it bemusing showing stats like that, as it doesn't tell anything apart from what you want it to.

Personally, I'm happy no matter what we spend as long as we remain financially stable and not up to our necks in debt. Football clubs aren't meant to generate money by selling players alone, you generate more by winning things and becoming more marketable. It pains me to say it but United's business model is probably the best around and their owners probably don't give a hoot on net spend of players as long as they are generating cash elsewhere

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So you're 3rd in the net spend table and 3rd in the prem league. Seriously, what is that proving? Is it that your owners want to be like Swansea and Sot'on? Or that you are the 4th biggest spenders but have sold a lot of your best players. Why pick 2014, does that suit some stat? Honestly Bob, I really find it bemusing showing stats like that, as it doesn't tell anything apart from what you want it to.

Personally, I'm happy no matter what we spend as long as we remain financially stable and not up to our necks in debt. Football clubs aren't meant to generate money by selling players alone, you generate more by winning things and becoming more marketable. It pains me to say it but United's business model is probably the best around and their owners probably don't give a hoot on net spend of players as long as they are generating cash elsewhere

"As long as we remain financially stable and not up to our necks in debt" 

I'll leave fans that don't support City to mull that one and have a chuckle.