Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, carmine said:

"As long as we remain financially stable and not up to our necks in debt" 

I'll leave fans that don't support City to mull that one and have a chuckle.

No Carms. That's a typical throw away comment with no subtance. Why don't you tell me how much deb't we'd owe our owners (or banks) if our owners walked away tomorrow.

And whilst you are researching, why not also tell me how much Spurs would owe the Banks (you don't even have to include the new stadium).

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

A premier competition you mean. Won loads mate did not need to spend half a billion either. Hard work, good scouts a history that shines so bright you see. Don't expect you to understand. ya cheque book

"Won loads mate". No you've never won the Premier. What are you on?

I'm interested tonight to see if Klopp will go all out from the start to score and finish this one off.  With the goal threat Liverpool possess it must be a chance worth taking.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Won loads mate". No you've never won the Premier. What are you on?

We have won many premier competitions. The top league in the UK we have won many times albeit under a different name. You turkey 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

We have won many premier competitions. The top league in the UK we have won many times albeit under a different name. You turkey 

Perhaps you lot should remind BB about the five european cups you've won next time he asks you about the premier league.  Just a thought!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So you're 3rd in the net spend table and 3rd in the prem league. Seriously, what is that proving? Is it that your owners want to be like Swansea and Sot'on? Or that you are the 4th biggest spenders but have sold a lot of your best players. Why pick 2014, does that suit some stat? Honestly Bob, I really find it bemusing showing stats like that, as it doesn't tell anything apart from what you want it to.

Personally, I'm happy no matter what we spend as long as we remain financially stable and not up to our necks in debt. Football clubs aren't meant to generate money by selling players alone, you generate more by winning things and becoming more marketable. It pains me to say it but United's business model is probably the best around and their owners probably don't give a hoot on net spend of players as long as they are generating cash elsewhere

Not entirely sure why you’re getting your panties in a bunch there Shirley.

i didn’t mention City or their spending. 

It’s interesting for us Liverpool fans to see how our owners are operating.  I’d be delighted if they spent more money on good players. 

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm interested tonight to see if Klopp will go all out from the start to score and finish this one off.  With the goal threat Liverpool possess it must be a chance worth taking.

Roma have to go for it, there should be gaps and we will go for it. Klopp will tell the boys we are here to win.

the situation is similiar to the second leg against City. 

Edited by BangrakBob

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Run along alf lad.

You still think i'm Alfie Conn!!   

Admittedly I never thought you bright but you are still a great deal more stupid than i credited you for.:smile:

48 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Not entirely sure why you’re getting your panties in a bunch there Shirley.

i didn’t mention City or their spending. 

It’s interesting for us Liverpool fans to see how our owners are operating.  I’d be delighted if they spent more money on good players. 

No panties twisted here Barbara. I'm just bemused why Net spend on players is such a hot topic on this forum. It doesn't paint the whole picture. You say "it’s interesting for us Liverpool fans to see how our owners are operating" Well the full picture is that with all your net spend, TV money, gate receipts, huge fan base etc  you are in the Top 20 of the European clubs with the most debt. So how exactly are your owners operating?

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The lengthens you are going to to avoid admitting you've never won the Premier League is comical.:post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Perhaps you lot should remind BB about the five european cups you've won next time he asks you about the premier league.  Just a thought!!

Carmine read the thread. R2D2 is throwing crap at City. I'm responding with what we've won in the past 10 years in response to his crap. It's not in doubt that Liverpool have won European honours but he's trying desperately to avoid admitting they

haven't won the Premier. No big deal; it's just R2D2 on one of his daily sniping raids - he'll be over sniping on the Spurs thread soon so I wouldn't encourage him if I was you.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Roma have to go for it, there should be gaps and we will go for it. Klopp will tell the boys we are here to win.

the situation is similiar to the second leg against City. 

Play your normal game, go for the first goal of the game, if Roma score first then park the bus and hold out. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine read the thread. R2D2 is throwing crap at City. I'm responding with what we've won in the past 10 years in response to his crap. It's not in doubt that Liverpool have won European honours but he's trying desperately to avoid admitting they

haven't won the Premier. No big deal; it's just R2D2 on one of his daily sniping raids - he'll be over sniping on the Spurs thread soon so I wouldn't encourage him if I was you.

We have never won the league whilst it has been called the premiership.

If it was renamed the carabao premier league for next season. You would be able to say that too.

All the times over the years you have had the chance to dominate in the elite European competitions and you have never had a sniff have you. Must be hard to see a team with much less resources outplay you and then show you how it should be done in knockout competitions. If anything it's a lesson you should hope to learn from and maybe one day emulate. Until then just watch how it's done. 

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

We have never won the league whilst it has been called the premiership.

If it was renamed the carabao premier league for next season. You would be able to say that too.

All the times over the years you have had the chance to dominate in the elite European competitions and you have never had a sniff have you. Must be hard to see a team with much less resources outplay you and then show you how it should be done in knockout competitions. If anything it's a lesson you should hope to learn from and maybe one day emulate. Until then just watch how it's done. 

There you R2D2, doesn't that feel better to get it out instead brooding over it. It's 28 years and counting since you were champions of England. 

I will watch how it's done. Over to your boys to beat Real (I think the luck is with you and you will - next season in the Premier you'll 'up your game' for the big games but lack consistency against the lesser teams to win the Premier).

15 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

3-1 Roma tonight

Real to muller them in the final. 

In your dreams maybe

2-2 tonight.

I said 6-1 v roma at home before and I honestly believe roma is a tougher game than the Madrid team playing this year.

With our front three I reckon we will demolish Madrid and I mean completely do them. 

Well done Liverpool.  Great fun, well i was going to say , for the neutral but of course i wasn't.  Should be a great final.  I'm not at all convinced by RM even thought they seem to have some kind of divine backing.

I did sit back at the end thinking how good this Liverpool might be if VVD had a Toby Alderweirald next to him and a better keeper.  That was food for thought.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All the best in the final gents.

No sign of the Mancs this am....maybe there was an U12 game last night? :w00t:

Got to Abu Dhabi last night on the lash mate. Just crawled out of my pit. Don't know what day it is never mind what the score was last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was never too worried about the result last night but it is a little concerning that despite VVD's influence, we have a tendency to switch off and drop far too deep at times. TAA and Lovren are then targeted with long diagonals on the edge of our box. Would prefer we kept a higher line and used our pace to recover anything over the top.

As to the decisions, I don't want to moan too much as some went our way and others didn't but it seems impossible for us to be awarded a pen these days!:saai:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Was never too worried about the result last night but it is a little concerning that despite VVD's influence, we have a tendency to switch off and drop far too deep at times. TAA and Lovren are then targeted with long diagonals on the edge of our box. Would prefer we kept a higher line and used our pace to recover anything over the top.

As to the decisions, I don't want to moan too much as some went our way and others didn't but it seems impossible for us to be awarded a pen these days!:saai:

Think  they got a couple of lucky calls, you got a bit lucky when Trent handled, seen them given,  but all in all fair result.  Thing to concern about is that Real Madrid don't seem to get bad calls against them!!

You need to replace Lovren.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Looking forward to Real Madrid getting a right whuppin' !

don't see that happening to be honest. 6-6 with us winning on penalties when ronaldo skies his over the bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

yeah i love trent and he's got a hell of a future to come but alongside lovren on our right they do make a big target. that ball over trent's shoulder is a gimme and we need to tighten up on it. if we're not going to pull salah back to help him out then one of the midfield three has to be detailed to it. 

how boss was robertson last night by the way? solid defensively and great going forward, every ball he put across their box was dangerous as well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StevieH said:

how boss was robertson last night by the way? solid defensively and great going forward, every ball he put across their box was dangerous as well.

He is a star! Be interesting in the Final as he'll probably be up against Ronaldo....unless our mate Suarez can bite him to death at the weekend:thumbsup: