Iphone 4 Or Iphone5 - Anyone Using In Cm/thailand

jimmym40

I have an opportunity to get an IPhone 4 for free (from a relative) and wanted to know about the choices I have selecting SIM card and what service to use and costs involved. I stopped at a couple little shops in the Big C stores. Was told you can buy a "mini SIM" for around 11-1800 baht and was told can use it for "long time". Tried to get that clarified and she gave me the impression it's good forever with no additional charges. Could this be possible. What do you IPhone users use?

Just go to the AIS. TRUE. DTAC office and tell them you want a micro sim. They will reprogram a micro sim with your same phone number and move all the contact saved on the sim to the new sim. Its free.

Also make sure that the Iphone uses a sim card. e,g, not a Verizon phone (CDMA)

Lastly, make sure its unlocked before it is sent. If it is no longer on contract, it can be unlocked with a simple phone call to the current carrier. This is also free.

The sim is free if you already have a Thai sim and just want to convert. Otherwise, a new sim cost is minimal under 200B.

phone calls cost the same as they do on any other phone.

You may also want to get 3G internet access which is an additional cost. It can be a monthly flat rate, or a per minute. You'll have to decide what is best for you.

For the micro sim, you can just cut down a regular sim with some scissors last I knew.

As for 11-1800B for a sim, jokers!

I agree--the sales 'person' was having a laugh, as they say....

No - last year I bought a new smart phone that only accepted the micro SIM. The sales assistant said no problem, paired down my SIM card with scissors, and much to my surprise the phone still works fine.

For the micro sim, you can just cut down a regular sim with some scissors last I knew.

As for 11-1800B for a sim, jokers!

I agree--the sales 'person' was having a laugh, as they say....

No - last year I bought a new smart phone that only accepted the micro SIM. The sales assistant said no problem, paired down my SIM card with scissors, and much to my surprise the phone still works fine.

They now have a dandy little tool similar to a hole punch. They slide the SIM card in, one easy click, it is perfectly cut to size.