K L M Unique Take On Charging For Checked Baggage

NanLaew

KLM do they stilk exist? Worst airline ever.They once wanted to charge me 2500 baht for having 23kg checkin luggage,I put some in hand luggage and threw away some bits.Typical dutch in all ways

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agree with your sentiments. They have no concept of customer service - on the ground or in the air. Worst business class ever.

What, really? Even with that lovely little Delft house thing you still don't like them?

Stopped liking them when they stopped putting alcohol in the Delft house.

The used to give out empty Delft houses (with apologies) on certain mid-eastern sectors. They still have genever in the other ones AFAIK.

ANA (NH) seems to have reduced their former oversize luggage standard to now be the same as everyone else. Anyone know any airlines that have a bigger than usual definition of oversize (not meaning overweight and not meaning too many pieces). Air Asia and Bangkok Airways are two that I already know about. Thanks!

it's just another way of making people pay more. I got stung on Etihad last year forhaving 12kg in hand luggage. They charged me an extra 150 quid - and told me to check it in. There argument was it was about safety, I told them at the time that was nonsense, given other weight limits on airlines. KLM have been notorious for years with regardss to weight allowances, so I have only flown them the once, and they were penalising people for being 3kg over the old 20kg limit 8-9 years ago, so they are probably far worse now.

KLM, joined my shit list of BA, BIMAN, Air Asia years ago.

• Like 1

Just booked to LOS Air Asia. Am not checking baggage. Max allowable cabin weight - all up 7K. I shall be wearing 7 shirts. 7 prs underpants, 7 prs socks. one jacket. Spare pair of shoes go in jacket pockets. Actually I now travel very light. The freedom of not having to worry about checked luggage is great. Took me years to work this out.

and pay for 2 seats!!!

• Like 1

What is considered "high standards of service" on an airplane? To me it is a mode of transportation. Get me and my things there safe and on time is all I need. If it's really necessary I can bring my own snacks and drinks. What is it you guys are looking for, to be treated like you are at a spa or that you are the king of Zamunda?

Tell me which airline you can bring your own snacks and drinks onto?

Just booked to LOS Air Asia. Am not checking baggage. Max allowable cabin weight - all up 7K. I shall be wearing 7 shirts. 7 prs underpants, 7 prs socks. one jacket. Spare pair of shoes go in jacket pockets. Actually I now travel very light. The freedom of not having to worry about checked luggage is great. Took me years to work this out.

and pay for 2 seats!!!

Seats! I think they are an optional extra.I bring my own brick to sit on - more comfortable.

What is considered "high standards of service" on an airplane? To me it is a mode of transportation. Get me and my things there safe and on time is all I need. If it's really necessary I can bring my own snacks and drinks. What is it you guys are looking for, to be treated like you are at a spa or that you are the king of Zamunda?

Actually it has more to do with the airport and how they handle baggage screening. With regard to KLM departing from Bangkok, one can bring on as much bottled water as you will need, fruit, sandwiches... whatever you like as the only security screening is upstairs next to Immigration. Unfortunately, the Schiphol departures have the security screening at the gate so they will relieve you of any drinks you may want to bring with your but will let your bananas and BLT's through.

US carriers of course have their own rules with multiple security checks starting before check-in, right down to the airbridge to the bloody plane.

biggrin.png Could get someone to make you a massive Rastafarian hat and take a further 2 pairs of jeans, light weight sweater, jesus sandals, waterproof kagool, laptop, laptop charger and a copy of south east asia on a shoe string.

Seriously though, those who say checked luggage used to always be free on short/mid haul flights, just because it was in with the cost doesn't mean it was free.

Any airline.maybe one of the low cost (low life) airlines cabin staff would say something if you ate food rather than buy their expensive junk.but you just ignore them.

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app