Residency Certification For New Car Register

jiangaq

Today I went to immigration applying for it, but the officer told me no need to apply now. But after communicating with car dealer sales, she told me that I have to go to embassy applying for it. Soooo confusing about it. Anyone has same experience like me?

afaik immigration dont issue residency certification any more. you would need to go to your embassy

It's a new rule? Even if apply for residency certification for driver liscence?

there is a thread just earlier on this. yeah apparently they arent issuing any residency certificate.

The issuance of residency letters is, apparently, an extra service of Thai immigration offices, but experience varies from office to office. Now, the Chiang Mai office is so overwhelmed it appears that this helpful extra service is no longer generally available. Or, possibly, the guy I watched actually completing these letters, might have been hospitalized with carpal tunnel syndrome.

There have been gratuitous complaints that 500 THB is an extortionate fee to pay without a receipt implying that some sort of major graft is being committed. What the hell would one do with such a receipt? Americans, I suppose, might deduct the cost on their annual income tax return if they itemize deductions. Inland Revenue is not quite so generous. And so on!

But is all this a pain in the butt? Yes, it is, but so are the rules regardless of country. I'm not apologizing for it, but deal with it !!! wai.gif

"What the hell would one do with such a receipt? Americans, I suppose, might deduct the cost on their annual income tax return if they itemize deductions"

People want a receipt just to show that the transaction is legitimate, no other reason, certainly not for tax reasons

The issuance of residency letters is, apparently, an extra service of Thai immigration offices, but experience varies from office to office. Now, the Chiang Mai office is so overwhelmed it appears that this helpful extra service is no longer generally available. Or, possibly, the guy I watched actually completing these letters, might have been hospitalized with carpal tunnel syndrome.

There have been gratuitous complaints that 500 THB is an extortionate fee to pay without a receipt implying that some sort of major graft is being committed. What the hell would one do with such a receipt? Americans, I suppose, might deduct the cost on their annual income tax return if they itemize deductions. Inland Revenue is not quite so generous. And so on!

But is all this a pain in the butt? Yes, it is, but so are the rules regardless of country. I'm not apologizing for it, but deal with it !!! wai.gif

Some people have been complaining and others just pointing out that they charge 500 baht for a free service.

Some people see immigration as whiter than snow and even want to contribute to providing them a better premises or sign petitions, so they can get better working conditions. Whilst mugs are doing that, why can't they use the thousands of 500 bahts towards a new premises too? Personally, I would pay 500/1000 baht for a residency certificate if I needed one and that is the cost, with or without a receipt, but tea money by any other name is still tea money, which is perfectly OK by me but please don't try to turn them into saints, I mean there wouldn't be a movement to canonize the BIB.

I'm curious.

Why does it bother or concern you if someone wants a receipt from a government employee for a service rendered by a government agency?

Just askin'

afaik immigration dont issue residency certification any more. you would need to go to your embassy

there is a thread just earlier on this. yeah apparently they arent issuing any residency certificate.

how can I apply now? only in the embassy? cause it is more complicated workflow in my countrys embassy.

how can I apply now? only in the embassy? cause it is more complicated workflow in my countrys embassy.

In theory, you are supposed to be able to get one from your local police station. This would probably depend entirely on where you are located. I have to say that whilst this is the case, as far as I know, no-one has yet posted a message confirming that they did manage to get one at a police station.

For example, I should really get off my butt and get a Thai DL for the car & bike and have planned to try this but I haven't got round to it yet.

You might want to print out a copy of the form, fill it in, and pop into the nearest police station to your home with a copy of your lease(?) and see if they'll do it. I'm guessing it just needs a signature and stamp. I would imagine, but it's only a guess, that you might have more luck if accompanied by a Thai/translator.

Too much guesswork, I know - until I, you or somebody tries it we won't know for sure.

In theory, you are supposed to be able to get one from your local police station. This would probably depend entirely on where you are located. I have to say that whilst this is the case, as far as I know, no-one has yet posted a message confirming that they did manage to get one at a police station.

For example, I should really get off my butt and get a Thai DL for the car & bike and have planned to try this but I haven't got round to it yet.

You might want to print out a copy of the form, fill it in, and pop into the nearest police station to your home with a copy of your lease(?) and see if they'll do it. I'm guessing it just needs a signature and stamp. I would imagine, but it's only a guess, that you might have more luck if accompanied by a Thai/translator.

Too much guesswork, I know - until I, you or somebody tries it we won't know for sure.

Thank you guy

Australia,for one, doesn't have an Embassy in CM and about time they did,just an hononary consul, so its a very expensive and time consuming task to go to Bangkok.Factor in an o/n stay and you're looking at 1000's of baht, surely got to be a simpler way. Hopefully the boys in brown wouldn't mind an extra 500 b.

I'm curious.

Why does it bother or concern you if someone wants a receipt from a government employee for a service rendered by a government agency?

Just askin'

You're new here, I can tell!

Well, at least now your consulate/embassy will give you a receipt for their expensive notarial services and the airline and hotel will also give you a receipt if you have to go to Bangkok for the stamp.

Makes that old 500 baht fee at CM Immigration look like a real bargain, doesn't it?

But, I guess that receipt is really important to some people and now we all have to pay W-A-Y more.

clap2.gif

Just got a new car and had to go to the US Consulate (as directed by the car dealer who called Immigration) and pay US$50/1500 Baht for notary services for the Residence Certificate. They have a form. Just raise your hand and "swear". No documentation required.

Makes that old 500 baht fee at CM Immigration look like a real bargain, doesn't it?

laugh.png Nothing at the zoo ever looked like a bargain to me...all things considered wink.png

Which is why I always used the consulate

But as others said that yellow book does look better & better

Just something to get started on I guess

Would be interesting to see if the need for these is really dropped or

even if the cop shops are doing them.

You have to ask at the Amphor. I think it is easier if you have a Thai wife and own your house (actually she owns it). I took my passport (translated, my wife and the phoo yai baan and it took a few weeks but it is sure helping.

You have to ask at the Amphor. I think it is easier if you have a Thai wife and own your house (actually she owns it). I took my passport (translated, my wife and the phoo yai baan and it took a few weeks but it is sure helping.

The regulations for the yellow house book (Ta Bian Ban) is different from amphur to amphur so you need to go to yours and ask as no two are the same.

That yellow house book does not authorize a foreigner to receive free health care unless the foreigner has worked in Thailand in a job where the employer paid into the Thai social security system for the employee.

There have been reports of people married to Thais who have received free health care at a local (amphur) government hospital, but once something major happens and they have to go to a regional hospital like Suan Dok, then they're in for a rude awakening, unless they're entitled to participate in the social security system because of their previous/current employment.

The regulations for the yellow house book (Ta Bian Ban) is different from amphur to amphur so you need to go to yours and ask as no two are the same.
Correct...I have a Thai wife, a house in my wife's name, a Non-Imm 'O' visa, a retirement extension, been here over three years, and I've been three times to get a yellow book, complete with my 500Baht Residence Certificate and all the additional paperwork they said they wanted...but they keep moving the goalposts.

I's very frustration... particularly if I have to get a 2,300Baht, or so, residence certificate from the British Consulate, only to be refused again.

Edited by rawhod

That yellow house book does not authorize a foreigner to receive free health care unless the foreigner has worked in Thailand in a job where the employer paid into the Thai social security system for the employee.

There have been reports of people married to Thais who have received free health care at a local (amphur) government hospital, but once something major happens and they have to go to a regional hospital like Suan Dok, then they're in for a rude awakening, unless they're entitled to participate in the social security system because of their previous/current employment.

No-one, especially me, is expecting to get free Thai health care with a yellow book, but it avoids all this kerfuffle getting a residence certificate "from where".

I for one never objected to paying 500Baht for the "service" at immigration. Those who do are "cutting off their nose to spite their face".

No-one, especially me, is expecting to get free Thai health care with a yellow book, but it avoids all this kerfuffle getting a residence certificate "from where".

I for one never objected to paying 500Baht for the "service" at immigration. Those who do are "cutting off their nose to spite their face".ngkok

ncy from Immigration.

As long as you stay in major areas (Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc.) your yellow house book will be accepted BUT there are numerous government institutions in rural a areas that will turn you away. They will only accept a Certificate of Residence from Immigration.