Pattaya: Slick Safecracker Steals German's Cash Stash

webfact

I've seen some digital safes where the master factory reset code is 0000. rolleyes.gif

Over the years I have read some of the tricks of the trade getting into these safes.

One scenario was to put a light coat of oil on the keypad numbers then come back and dust it with baby powder will show what keys were pressed.

does that give you the sequence as well.cheesy.gif

Only 24 combinations with a 4 digit pin. 4X3X2X1=24. Once you have the 4 numbers, just try them in sequence.

You seem to have overlooked the fact that each of the 4 digits has a possible 10 choices (0-9).

So the total possible combinations are 10,000.

If you have a business in thailand and employ thai staff, it is VERY likely at some point that someone will steal from you...

The staff that steals the most and does the least amount of work is the most respected among coworkers I'm told.

You seem to have overlooked the fact that he assumed the 4 possible digits were already known as a result of the oil and baby powder trick that DiNiro posted about.

Yes, I was talking about the max combinations without knowing which 4 digits had been used.

I'v just given myself a good kicking.

It is easy to open a safe like this. Opening a safe with a potato:

I just spent an hour watching this and dozens of other youtube videos on how to open these safes, locks, cars doors, on and on. Amazing.

I'll never feel safe again.

Only 5 for the Pointing Rim because it isn't the alleged offender . It's a BOX

I hate to tell you but those safes are very, very easy to open , even when you reset the digital codes.

In fact I opened one for a colleague last week as he had forgotten his new combo .

Installers , Hotel Security , Techs & Electricians are usually shown how to enter these on certain training courses.

The desription 'Safe' should not be used for these Combination Metal Boxes . There are a myriad of EASY ways to open them & reclose as if they had never been opened. In fact check out the Web

Just an opinion & some free advice for owners

ph34r.png

Edited by Ohio

• 3 weeks later...